(2012/02) Feb 2012

I think nowadays babies are smart. They just pui out pacifiers if they really wan somethg. Only works if bb is in a daze or blur mode when abt to fall asleep. So i guess shld be ok to wean off at some stage. I have alteady used it on my girl since she is 1 mth old. We dont use often though. Only when she is sleepy and cranky, if u see her stoned suddenly out of crying n fussy, juz put it in her mouth. She fall asleep after that. It works for me. :p

hi mamapanda,
i'm interested but are u able to post e item to mi?
Hillview is v far. I'm staying in sengkang.
pls let mi noe.
thks

Hi evon I travel to my dads place at hougang every sat for lunch. We can arrange for you to collect your bottles from my dads place if you prefer. How many bottles are u looking at buying? I'll be buying about 40 bottles. I'm buying direct from US cuz the cheapest Medela bottle here is going for 4@$25

Just sharing some exp since this is the 3rs baby I'm beeastfeeding..

Serene123,
The best way to increase milk supply is to latch baby and let him suckle as much as possible. Unfortunately this includes pumping at night ESP if baby is sleeping >3 hrs. Skipping night pump will decrease your supply. Currently, I'll feed baby at 12-1am and 5-6am on 1 side and pumP out the excess on the other side to relief engorgement n keep the supply going. 2weeks ago when baby still waking up every 2-3hrs for milk I'll still do the same to increase my supply. Now, I can pump out about 150-200ml while feeding him. My baby is now 6.1kg and drinks about 150ml per 3 hours (est) during the day. Can't tell exact amount cuz I'm latching on demand but I let my helper bottle feed him once in awhile if I need to run errands outside.

While you're still on maternity leave, should take the chance to Increase supply. Once u go back to work, supply is guaranteed to drop. Trust me. Both my #1 and #2 were on full breast milk for 2 years and 1.5years respectively. Stopped feeding #2 cuz I got preggy with #3 while breastfeeding cuz supply dropped low enough for me to get preggy after I came back from a biz trip for 2 weeks in US.

Bee mummy
It's normal to have baby ache. U can try buying DermAid from Guardian pharmacy to apply on his face to reduce them though. Dont apply if there's no acne. To avoid further breakouts, I use California Baby calendula cream all over for my kids. They all have sensitive dry skin that develops into eczema if I don't take proper care.

Hope this info helps both of your concerns.

Not sure why my bb suddenly refused milk. He was drinking 150-160ml for the past few weeks but yesterday and today, he stop at 90ml and refused to go on. He fussed a lot when we force him to continue ... If we leave him alone, he is ok

Y like that ar? Anybody can advise?

Hi Mummies,

Im in trouble now...
i think i give my son too many bottle feeds that he is refusing to latch on. When i try to latch on, he wails and cries for murder!

I try to soothe him first and the moment i lie him down horizontally, he wails again knowing he has to latch. I also tried to give him water using a bottle to soothe him first but still he doesnt want to latch. In the end, i have to give him EBM. I need him to latch on to stimulate my mind to produce more - Supply vs Demand, but now, its more difficult.

I am on fenugreek and juz tried Mulunggay tea allo to help boost my supply...

Mamapanda, thanks for your adv, i will try my best to up my supply before i rtn to work in May.
I still have to travel for work, so tat is going to be worse.

Anyone know what i can do???

i wished i never introduce bottle at such an early stage.. I only have myself to blame now.

sweetcorn: you latching or pump? must latch at chest level, else nipple will point downwards permanently cos of bb's pull. sag definitely will...

Joeles,

it'll be more difficult to keep supply up without baby's suckling but I suppose u don't have much choice unless u can bear to let baby go hungry enough to want to latch. Try prolonging the pumping sessions ie. continue pumping even after you've extracted all milk to 'stimulate' production & see if it works?

Oh yes.. I've owned and used many different Breast pumps - medela double electric, medela PIS original, medela PISA 2005 model, medela PISA 2010 model, Ameda Lactalin dual and medela Freestyle. My conclusion is buy the PISA 2010 & newer models if you want to maintain milk supply and the freestyle to bring to office use or use on the go. Freestyle is not good for maintaining milk supply. PISA is huge for bringing around. Now, I use the PISA 2010 at home and freestyle when I go out. Try not to let milk build up until it gets engorged as this will send signal to brain to produce less milk. Once ur breasts feel full, try to pump or feed baby to empty out the breasts to keep supply going.

Let me know if it works! Good Luck!

Hmmm I don't think breasts sagging got anything to do with baby's latch position leh.. I think it's gotta do with the weight of the breasts and how strong your chest pectoral muscles are to support the extra weight. If u don't want saggy breasts must exercise the chest muscles
happy.gif

Nana,

It's normal as long as baby is putting on weight, is well and alert. They tend to drink more during growth spurts. When spurt is over, they'll relax on the drinking. Babies tend to have growth spurts every few weeks till 2 years old

Serene, now both breast hv duct hard like stone. Just now go Chinese med hall buy some herbal to stop milk, hope will relieve the hard stone... So painful
sad.gif

Don't know is too much milk or too many blockage.

Nana, my bb also ever like dat. Suddenly drink a lot less. Is ok one as long as got drink. Their appetites fluctuate. Like yesterday her appetitive suddenly v good. Was like just drank 120ml and took another 150 ml in less than 2 hrs. I just feed on demand. And as long got put on weight.

My bb coming to 7 weeks old now 6 kg.

It was last night feed at 2am and 6am - he drank 90ml. But morning till now, normal - back to 150ml. My mom suspect maybe he is also trying to sleep more at night. So I'm going to monitor tonight if he is still the same. If still drinking little, than I shall introduce water so that he will learn to sleep through the night.

Haiz ... GG; if I could be you - so decisive will b good. I'm now again 50/60 - duno whether to continue with BF when returning work next month. If no, then must start weaning off now ... If yes, then must bring my pump daily to work. Should I get a additional pump - those hand express type ... ?

nope saggy breasts not due to latch position, but probably downwards pointing nipples... this is wat i heard from my ML. she advise me to latch at chest level to avoid that happening.

Al, did u empty the breast every pump? If u hv too much milk is it cause by the mulanggay tea? How often u drink? After all the effort to increase such a waste u stop.

Fm last wk I start 4hrs instead 3hrs. Not only pump I also use hand express out, but the blockage stil very hard like big stone in side... So painful. I think 猪脚醋 on the spot increase milk. For malunggay only drink 1 tea bag a day.

But very funny thing is, today drink 回奶汤 no decrease of milk but I hand express out got extra 50ml le... The stone still there, so sad.

AI ; u making us so jealous .. Despite of the "stone" , hey ... U have milk! I drinking 1 teabag of malunggay tea since yesterday .. But nothing leh ... No significant increase. I think the stone will take a few days to "dissolve". So don't worry ya

Al , the Chinese milk tea v funny. Maybe we desperate can try that. Really the vinegar pig trotter works? I ask my cl to cook next week end , u eat alot ? I am trying to slim down but for the seek of increase milk will willing to sacrifice.

Are u taking any other supplements? Cos I am going to finish my domperidone so hv to find something to replace in case my milk supply drop, I only get 80ml for 3 hrly pump 100ml for 4 hrly pump. I drink 3-4 liters of water already milk still so little.

For low milk supplies mummies, ur situation is a happy problem. Just pump every 2 hrs now to clear the hardness and cut down on supplements

Any mummies have their menses back despite breastfdg? My AF decides to visit after 9 weeks. Sigh! Milk supply also dip.

Nana, my bb already 2.5mth my milk need more plus for my daughter also drink my milk. The stone inside more then a wk liao. Seem like cannot relieve the pain as long as the stone stil there. U know how suffer I'm, pain Untill cannot sleep. Make me want to cry.
U can try 猪脚醋 if malunggay tea no work to u.

Serene, I already stop my fenugreek n domPeridone about 2wk. Only drink the malunggay tea as it contain alot nutrient. I also take lecithin hope can clear the duct blockage n it is good supplement for weight loss in healthy way. I stil eat as normal add few snack time after pumping.

Nana, I've also got the same scenario as u a few days ago. My bb drank 60ml durin the 2 nite feeds when he usually drinks 120ml. But he is back to normal after 1 day lah.. So
I guess is ok??

I tink my menses is back, after 6 weeks. Will it affect milk supply? I'm doing latching during the day while fm during the 2 nite feeds. Am hoping to breastfeed as long as possible but if no more also bo bian...

Al- try massaging lump while taking a hot shower, usually lump will clear. Lecithin helps prevent plugged ducts but doesn't help clear ducts once present.

Serene- cant you get more domperidone if needed? Can order on Internet if needed. Are the pump amounts you listed per side or total?

MamaPanda- thanks for the advice, have been using Calendula ointment for the face, seems to help the situation.

Any ideas where we can get the Pig Trotter Vinegar if we do not have CL to cook for us?

Thanks for sharing , mommies!
Im breastfeeding cum pumping if baby doesnt want to latch.
Depends on her mood. Sometimes weather hot, she doesnt wan. Realise that she latch better at night . Haiz.

As for nipples, any moms buying wired support bra ? Is it ok to use wired ones? Im juz wonderin if we go bk to work, cant be wearing cotton ones right?

Bee mummy , I took one mth supply from my gynea , thr nurse said doc don recommend long term used and ask me to stop after finished. Maybe I can try other place? Like outside gp. I also feel like wean off domperidone cos it's medicine. Prefer to take supplements cos more natural.

Sianxz, I started rocker since 2nd week.

Bee mummy, during shower? Then the milk will b wasted..
Some food court hv Pig Trotter Vinegar.

Sianzx, bb 1 month I let him lie on the swing. New born bb can use bouncer ready, if yr bb too small size then better put on bb cot.

Sweetcorn, never wear bra with wire, it will hurt yr breast n if very tight might cos mastitis.

Godsend, till now no manses. But some of my friend come after 2 months, it's really pek chek when BF while AF.

Morning everyone! Me also up for pumping.
sad.gif

Nana- I decided not to get the munlungay tea Liao, cause last few days milk supply has increased from 90mls to 140mls, n it's not dropping so I guess supply has stablished.
happy.gif
so far I am contented meeting my baby demand.
Will continue wif just Feenugreek n mothermilk tea. Thanx for your offer!

Serene- my gynae prescribed 4months supply of domperidone but I only got 1 month from clinic n stop already. My prescription slip still valid, can help u get if u want to get more?

AL- u r good! Hand express also got 50mls! Me tried hand express, at most 20mls and after that hand n breast all aching.

Jen, hand express need technic one, last time I also like u only get 20ml. If I don't use pump just hand express both get 200ml, LC guide me the technic so can express out more. It's true hand, breasts and back all aching. It's very tired, use pump more relax.

SWeetcorn,
I use the padded nursing bras from spring maternity when I go back to work. Convenient for pumping in office and not so ugly.

Yday silly me brought my freestyle to dad's place and all parts except one.. The breast shield. Ended up need to hand express out 180ml for 30min on the left side to relief engorgement. Makes me appreciate my breast pumps more after this episode. Hand so tired!

Al, can imagine the pain n discomfort. Did u try to go for breast massage? My friend went to one at Joo Chiet n seems to help. Another way is to use hot water on breast then massage then pump. Helps in my case.

SL, joo Chiat which shop? Want to do also, how much? If ask massage lady come my housecoat $50
If cheaper I go joo Chiat do. Pls help me to ask yr friend, thank u

Jen , thanks for your offer. Which brand yr gynea prescribe for you? I can go down to the clinic to pick up if u can spare me one more mth supply by than I already bf 4 mths. Can stop if no milk.

My gynea v anti domperidone, 1st he prescribe only 1 tablet for 2 week. I ask again he give another 2 week. Finally I ask him for 2 tablet for 1 mth. Cos i told him other gynea give this type of dosage than he issue. Than he say he only will give one more mth . Can buy from guardian but is v expensive cos the brand is motilium per tab is $7.

Serene, my gynae clinic sell the expensive one too, motilium is the brand. U still keen?last time took 30tabs, already abt $39 I think ard this range. If u ok, I will call up clinic to prepare n u can just go n collect under my name. PM me

Dear SL, kindly do share contact for d joo Chiat shop.

AL, can share contact for the home massage?

My milk supply used to be 120-150ml each side but now drop to 70-100ml. Was wondering if breast massage will help to stimulate the ducts.

Thanks

serene: is the cheap brand for domperidone 10mg called Doridone? my gynae prescribe me motilium brand, find it very ex...now i buy this instead, a lot cheaper than buying frm gynae.

When everyone lists how much they pump is it per side and after each latching? I find I cannot pump much after each feeding, but if I pump instead of feed I can pump a couple of ounces.

I still use Motherlove and Domperidone, but am down to 1/2 of max dose. I find both do help with milk supply.

Beemummy: we are talking about pumping before latching. Of Coz offer u latch, there will not be much as bb already suck dry. Haha..

Oh gosh, people I need some encouragement. I feel like giving up BF now.. I now drag my feet to bring the bottles and funnels to pump now... I feel that my life revolves around pumping , pumping and pumping. Although I'm pumping every 6hrs, still I'm feeling lifeless... Help... I don't have strong will to go on.. And I don't like to latch baby as I duno how much he eats + I definately need to top up formula after each latch on. Tired tired tired

Rocco, bought one bottle of extract but I stop for a while cos troublesome . Need to use spoon. Also cannot bring out. So I took it on and off. Plus the instruction say before and after no water for 15 mins.

Nana, can find someone to pump with u. I and Khim pump together and we msg each other to kill time . Also motivate each other, I also find pumping so boring . If I don hv Khim to pump, I also give up long away. Don know what to do for the hour during pump, watch a few Korean series but after a while find story similar . Cos their story will never happen to us cos we not going to meet another handsome , young , rich guy.

Want to join us? Can include u if u using iPhone , what's app.

Back