(2012/02) Feb 2012

Any kind mommies using Huggies S44? I need the barcode and proof of purchase on the packaging to redeem a Huggies romper. I accidentially thrown away my packaging.

Need to accompany the barcode, proof of purchase and supermarket receipt to redeem. I have the receipt, looking for kind mommies to help to cut out the items on packaging. PM me if you have, I am willing to pay for postage. Thank you
happy.gif

Yeo, I went back this week on part time basis. Suggest u try the clothes first cos we hv not shrink back yet so morning spent so much time to dress up.

I drive so the I just put in a cooler bag but if u are taking public transport than u need something make sure is still cold. Ie fridge to go, or cooler bag with ice pack.

Office difficult to pump ESP hv meeting in between also cannot tell male colleague that hv pump schedule. So try to pump before meeting. Stressful cos hv to watch the clock cos don want to be late for meeting due to pumping.

Jen, can add me in the FB group? Kindly add me in for the Hi Tea. Wondering if i should bring Baby along, but i very scared i cannot cope..

Beemummy. I tried the fenugreek. Bu the increased not a lot. Still not enough to feed baby.
sad.gif
Btw where do i get domperidone? Any side effects? Thinking of trying all ways to increase suppy

Sweetcorn: I will try to latch baby. But overtime the thought that when i latch, someone will sure knock on the door, makes me super jumpy. And my pump keep breaking down. Wonder is it i got the wrong method for pumping. Luckily, after talking to my hubby, he agreed to do the feeding while i concentrate on pumping Every time i feel like giving up, i keep telling myself that i am not alone. So glad to have all your encouragement. I will Jia you!

GG: Thanks GG for your encouragement. I now feed baby fm at night, so it is much easier.
happy.gif

Mummies, is it normal that baby poo like once every three days? Baby seems super cranky whenever he never pass motion for more than one days. So lost. He cries and whines a lot. And the worst thing is, whenever i carry him, he cried so loud and scary, that i feel like i breaking his limps like that. Make me so scared

shan: bb on fm or bm? on fm poo lesser, maybe constipation. my bb on bm poos everyday and many times a day.

but i have heard friends whose bb on bm, will have 1 or 2 episodes where bb dun poo for a few days.

are you keen on mother lovemoremilk plus? quite popular to increase milk production. can pm me.

Hi serene, thx for ya advice! Will try clothes this weekend or else mon sure late. I still have many kilos to shed, or maybe they r here to stay?!
sad.gif
Btw,how many hours apart do u pump in office?

Hi boonkengbb, I have the items u wanna, PM me if u need them still.

On poo, it seems my bb is the total opp! Every time I change her, sure have poo. I worry she poos too much....

So fast return to work? How I hope have a 6months maternity leave so that bf bb 6 months.
Is there any technic if bb don't want to latch but we force bb latch? He keep crying reject my breast
sad.gif

Al, cld be either no much milk or too fast let down. Or bb v used to bottle which is much easier to extract milk. Can also try calling parent craft free hotline for advice.

My bb on mainly bm lately poo a lot per shitting I also worry. Sometimes look liquid I wonder it is diarrhea. But she looks shiok after she poo.

Shan, u got use ruyi oil and gripe water? I feel these indirectly help. And if bb never poo, try unwrap diaper, pull both legs up and make the mm mm mmm sound for v long to encourage him to poo. It works, although sometimes not immediate.

Al, Nana - U r not alone. My breastfeeding journey is tough, supply still not enough despite taking supplements, have also fallen sick quite a few times. I think my body too tired and weak coz of all the 3 hrly pumps. Makes me very fustrated and drained plus the low output i get really not motivating at all.

Also had engorgement and blocked ducts a few times. Visited parentcraft LC, Had a LC housevisit, Massage lady to come n went to Madam Rokiah twice already! Was thinking of stopping after two mths but now i am trying to stretch my pumps to 4 hrly. If i am able to do so without getting engorgement, i will try to bf for another month. My family and hubby also ask me to stop breastfeeding, say not worth to keep falling sick and being so stressed. BB will benefit more with a happy n healthy mummy. Haiz donno la.

Btw Al, how do you know if u have fungus infection on breasts? Coz lately i feel my breasts getting very itchy, is it a symptom?

Shan - A few days ago my bb started to poo only once every 1-2 days too. Before tt he poos several times a day. Suspect it could be due to fm as i have to top up due to low supply. But my gf who is on total breastfeeding says her bb ever never poo for about 6 days too. PD says as long as not over a week should be ok.

My first baby record was 13 days no poo. Pd say normal ESP bf baby as it is easy to digest so no worry. And once she gives e golden poo after 13 days I was over e moon!

I read somewhere that it is ok for baby on total Bm not to poo for several days. If baby on formula, then at least 1 day must poo once.

Yeah, govt should give us 6mths maternity leaves due to BF ... But company sure face black.

Happytomato, my BM Is not much too. So, now I only pump 3x a day. I let bb suckle at night even after a fm Feed coz she will fuss for it n she will fall asleep faster too.

I tried giving bb BM after 4 wks of nt giving... and he spat it out. He even made a face... hehe.. so sad

Kind of regret nt following up all the way. But BF tks a lot of effort. Def recommended for mummies with more time
happy.gif

Hazel - U only pump 3x a day. So u pump every 8 hrly now? Do u face problem of engorgement? The 4hrly pumps giving me rock hard breasts now. So afraid i will get engorged again. My bb only wants to suckle at night. Without my breast, he will scream and cry. Good thing like what u say is he will fall asleep quite fast. But i m trying to give him the pacifier so tt he is not so dependent on my breasts. As there are few times when i am not around, he screams and cry like nobody business until face all red and no voice.

Happytomato, I dun count the hrs. I hand express when I feel unconfortable or breasts start to leak. So, once in the morning when I wake up, mid afternoon n another time at night. I will get hard lumps initally when I cut the no if times I express. But now, ok Leow. Hand express is faster n I dub hv to wash n sterilise so many things. Each express I get 60-100 ml only.

Morning ladies! Just finished morning pump. Shobieann, yingzier, chilli, shan, SL, I have sent you all the FB link. Sorry if I missed any one out cause busy wif baby these days, can't catch up wif thread msg. Can pm me for anyone whom I miss? Thanx!

Apr Marriott gathering- we have postpone to 12Apr instead cause 05apr is eve of ph, limited tables plus no credit card discount. :p so u ladies still on?

Bee mummy, other than pampers, I use mamypoko too.
happy.gif
also very adsorbent n bb buttock is kept dry even after a whole night's urine.

Regarding poo, my PD said bm babies-no poo for few days is fine. She said one of her baby she saw only poo after 16days! I find cycling bb's legs worked well for my girl n she usually poo later in the day after cycling exercise.

Happy tomato-if u feel engorgement, then best to follow your current pumping routine first. Try prolonging 30mins every few days rather than few hours at 1go, less chance of engorgement.

hi mummies,
when can we remove e mittens?
do you feel painful when using electric pump?
i feel v pain these few days esp trying v 2 hrs interval.
damn sore n pain. feel like my tissue wana tear off liao.
anyone encounter such issues?
i need help

Evon, 2 hrly pump cld be too close and thus taxing on your nipples. Most of us here pump on 3-4 hrs interval. I do every 4hr. If before dat u feel engorged then hand express? I find hand express less painful as we dun tug at the nipples, unlike pump. Should also check if your shield size is correct for your nipple. Due to pumping nipple expands and it cld cause rubbing against the shield. And pain.

hi ladies, bf is indeed tough and takes alot of time. My bb is 5 weeks old and i m still struggling. I tried Fenugreek but i suspect its not really helping.
I am also trying to stick to a 3 hr pump, but not always able to carry it out as i will latch on whn bb needs milk in the day time. for Night feeds, we are using formula and becoz i do the night feeds, i dont have the energy to pump as he can take 1hr to finish his 90ml feed and poo at the same time!

Is there anything else i can try to increase my supply? i do intend to feed him fully BM, but for now, it seems far fetched.

Yes, Maternity shld be 6mths since WHO recommends exclusive BF for 6mths.

In London, Maternity is 1 year and Paternity is 3-4mths!

Joeles, I find papaya soup pretty useful and it is all natural so no need worry side effect. Other than that is making sure clear the breast regularly, eg 3 hr pump and also latch where possible. Nowadays I change to latch at night instead of ebm or fm. And surprisingly bb seems full after 1 side and goes to sleep 3 hrs. If pump, 1 side usually only about 60-70 ml so cld be true bb can get more milk by latching compared to a pump. And it supposedly helps trigger supply better too.

Is a lot of trial and error. Try to observe wat works for u. For me , is making sure drink lots of liquid, soup, tonic.

Jen - could you PM the link for FB to me as well? and thanks for the diaper recommendation.

From the beginning, I took Motherlove More Milk Special Blend (4x a day) and Domperidone (2 tabs, 3x a day), as well as drinking papaya and fish soup. My supply was okay, and I have luckily not supplemented with formula since coming home from hospital.

I am actually reducing my supplements slowly because I find bb only drinks from one side at a time, which leaves me very "full" since could be 6 hours before bb will drink the other side. And my letdown has become too too fast for the bb that she fights me on latching.
sad.gif

Jen could u add me to the fb group too. Tks

My bb has been regurgitating almost everyday. I'm not sure whether it is due to over feeding cos I always thot that bb will stop latching to the breast once she has enough. I am quite worried.

Also due to bfg I've been very careful with my diet and kinda miss those days that I can eat/drink anything I want
sad.gif

Wanna ask did u all get earrings for baby girl?
Any place that is recommended?
Will it b too late if we make the ear hole now?

Afraid that my girl will scream and feel the pain =\

I'm not letting my bb wearing mittens le. He too fat to fit into the legs and hands. But my mil keep insisting that bb should wear. But it's too tight that it leave a mark on his legs/hands. So now i only wear when mil is around else I'll leave him alone.

Yeo, I wake up at 6am to pump, get ready to work at 830am. Start 1st pump at 1030am. Than another time at 230pm. Cos now doing part time leave at 430pm to pick up son. Otherwise will pump again at 6pm after office. If not next pump will be v late.

Nowadays I feel engorge after 3 .5hrs, so must pump by 4 hrs if not breast will be like stone.

Itchy breast= infection??? I also feel my breast tissue itchy. What should I do see doc or Lc ?

Serene- hope its not thrush, can make an appt with LC at parentcraft to check, I did this before.

I am having breast soreness so freaking out about thrush and mastitis as well.
sad.gif

GG- many thanks for the adv. I took alot of payaya soup, but still the same. Will try to increase my fish intake..

Beemummy-thanks for sharing your experience. Lucky you, no need to rely on FM. So far i have used 4 tins since bb came home on 29th Feb. Can you adv where i can get the mommy love milk. I think i will try tat m stick to fenugreek till this bottle finishes.

Bee- unlikely cos i don latch my bb. Will give a call to parent craft see if need to drop by for consultation. Hope nothing to serious.

Alphabeta, bee mummy, lemon-PM you all the fb link.

Gingr3- bb so young, can do ear holes already? Scared she will cry.

Joeles- I Bought extra boxes of organic mother milk tea similar to Wat bee mummy is taking. You want? 1 box contains 16 tea bags. I bought at $18 from amazon, if you want a box, I can sent you. Just pay for the P&H $4, ya? PM me n let me know.

Bee- think will definately call and check cos I always feel itchy and painful 30mins after pump. Hope nothing too serious don want to spent money again.

Been back at work since last week! Super tired, super busy hence never really login and post for a while!! Next week will be even more challenging as I'll be working super long hours and hb is on biz trip!! Hope I survive!!

Jen
Oh our hi tea is postponed? Yay! 12 Apr sounds good. I should be able to go! :p

Pampers
I overstock on pampers newbaby S size during the NTUC sale. Bought 12 packets but I think it's getting too tight for my boy. Anyone wanna buy over from me? I still have about 6-8pkts still! $28.95 for 2. So it will be $14.50 each. PM me!

Hazel - Yah i think hand express is more effective in clearing the breast. I can pump for 30 mins and yet still express out milk. 60-100ml already not bad! Sometimes i can only managed to pump out 40ml!

Jen - Thanks for ur advice, think i will start doing tt. Next fri i gotta be jie mei for my gf wedding. Thats y stress ar tts y trying to extend as much as possible now coz only able to pump after abt 4-5hrs. But looks like i gotta do it gradually.

Serene123 - Is it only for a while tt ur breasts feel painful after pump? Coz i also feel painful esp the nipples very sore after pump...but should go away after a while. I do feel itchy though.

Jen,
erm only ytd he poo once in grn color. other than tt is yel w seedy. tts y im curious is it coz by vaccination.
Anyway today back to yel seedy. Relief.

Serene- 30mins after pumping, that feeling could be the breasts just filling up again. Have you tried some of the home remedies to avoid thrush?

I give bb pillow and booster now ...

Any advise on any particular food intake before going for injection? My mom say drink Bartley.

After my breast injection, supply drop tremendously.. Nurse say the tissues are spoil and take time to heal.

Hi, I'm new here... I'm a mother of 2 kids. The youngest wan just born on February.
Jen, can add me in fb group....so I can join your event. Thx

To all experience mummies :D

Anyone can share the following
1. By how many months can our baby sleep through the night
2. How can we train them to do so?

Back