(2012/02) Feb 2012

Dragongirl, maybe u can take over some duties when u come back from work? Last time when I used to work, I will bathe my kids or feed them dinner or milk depending on what time I reached home. Or at least I did the bedtime routine with them.. & comes weekends, I did everything with them & the maid will concentrate on the hsechores. Basically the kids know who they want & look for once im home. But of cse, will have lesser 'me' time. Have to give and take bah.
happy.gif

Hi lynn , glad to know that there are someone else there sharing the same suitation.

Hi Godsent, i wish i can but my boy is staying with my mil during weekday and only come bk on weekend, Therefore i m oni a weekend mom and this is oni a holiday weekend home for my boy.

Hi sweetcorn , i try the method tat u teach me , it really works today. I got a great smile from him today morning!! it really warms my hear!!

Hi dragongirl
Glad to hear it works on yr boy! Continue doing it then! :)

Anyone pumping at this hour? Super humid after the rain....
Pump n sweat at same time.....:-/

1. Mamapanda, boy, 11-Feb, 6.3kg 61cm
2. Sofia, boy, 2-Feb, 5.9kg, 58cm
3. Nana, boy, 6 Feb, 5.9kg, 61cm
4. Jen, girl, 9 Feb, 4.3kg, 59cm
5. GG, girl, 16 Feb, 6.1kg, 60cm
6. Elxir, boy, 24 feb, 4.7kg, 54cm (taken last mth)
7. Joeles, boy, 27 Feb, 4.25kg, 53cm (taken last mth)
8. Sassystrawberry, girl, 27 Feb, 4.23kg, 52.5cm (also taken last month)
9. Shan, boy, 01 Feb, 5.5kg, 60cm
10. Huang Meifen, boy, 25 feb, 5.3kg, 61cm
11. AL, boy, 20 Jan, 7.3kg, 62.5cm
12. WYLee, boy, 21 Feb, 6kg, 58cm (taken last month)

1. Mamapanda, boy, 11-Feb, 6.3kg 61cm
2. Sofia, boy, 2-Feb, 5.9kg, 58cm
3. Nana, boy, 6 Feb, 5.9kg, 61cm
4. Jen, girl, 9 Feb, 4.3kg, 59cm
5. GG, girl, 16 Feb, 6.1kg, 60cm
6. Elxir, boy, 24 feb, 4.7kg, 54cm (taken last mth)
7. Joeles, boy, 27 Feb, 4.25kg, 53cm (taken last mth)
8. Sassystrawberry, girl, 27 Feb, 4.23kg, 52.5cm (also taken last month)
9. Shan, boy, 01 Feb, 5.5kg, 60cm
10. Huang Meifen, boy, 25 feb, 5.3kg, 61cm
11. AL, boy, 20 Jan, 7.3kg, 62.5cm
12. WYLee, boy, 21 Feb, 6kg, 58cm (taken last month)
13. litzyyy, girl, 22 Feb, 6kg, 62cm

Hi Girls, I'm back again...have been overwhelmed with family matters over the past few weeks...dad who is staying w me got stroke, and me caught serious flu for 2 wks with vomiting n diarrhea. Milk supply affected drastically!

Now am only pumping like 60-80ml over 3 hrsly. What shd I do now? Haiz!!

Jen, we have given birth on the same date.. How much r u pumping now? Think you shd be the best gauge for me. Wouldn't want to go back on Domperidone again leh.

Already latching bb on as much as poss, doing 1x night pumping too... But seem no help to further increase milk supply leh.

Help! Help!

Jingle, I have a packet of sacred tea to let go. Supply increase n stabilize. Dun dare to drink anymore cos I stock up alot already.
Will sell 28 include register mail. Expire
Jun 2013

Jingle- it seems a lot has happen for u, hope all is well now! My supply was pathetic like yours for the first 2 months but recently, I bought tongcao to boil wif papaya soup n supply increased. Now I have a stable supply of 130-150mls 4hrly. I no longer do 2am pump cause baby can sleep through the night. I will pump at 6am in the morning when baby wakes to feed. Morning pump stretch over 7hrs, I can get about 230mls. Hope this helps!

Any momies here encountered feeding pattern changes in bb?
I used to feed bb every 3 hrs. Now not every session she wanna drink. Yday she has 2 session milk in which she only drank 60ml,
Or issit tine to chg teats?
My bb nw 11wks ..

Hi sweet corn, I have almost the same prob as u. i believe most babies drink he same amt at every feed. Mine doesn't though.. N it's been like that since my confinement period. Talked to my pd abt it but he said its normal. It's such a waste of my BM... N of cos, bb ends up being hungry faster n schedule gets very messy. Just yesterday, we tried to feed bb using a m size teat. She can finish the full amt for a few sessions. Quite an achievement for her! What's more, it's much faster! But during the night feed, she choked on the milk.. Mainly cos she v gan cheong. Now I headache, dunno to change to m sze teat or not.

Sweetcorn, my baby too! Not sure why, she always very punctual wif milk but last few days, she like not hungry n lost interest in milk. Some feeds din finish anymore.

Gals- TongCao 通草 is a Chinese herb use for opening of milk ducts n smooth milk flow. One of the mummies in FB posted a pic n it seems most who tried helps.

Sigh looks like a few mommies having same prob.

And realise that my bb also feeds better when she is half asleep. So at times, when i checkout her facial expression if she is asleep or about to wake up, i will decide whether to giv bm or fm... Yea agree very wasted. For latching, sometimes she can suck a good ten min, sometimes just 1 min and pui~

i tried cahnge teat and milk overflow in her mouth coz she refuse to suck. Sigh...usually 2.5-3mth old baby need to feed how much per day? I rmbr there is a formula for it...anyone can advise?

I also came across this link on teething indicators but altho my gal has most of the symptoms, so fast teething??? possible ma??

http://m.whattoexpect.com/first-year/week-24/teething

Hi tulipstarzz, I m nt sure if it's ok to combine ebm frm different occasions but I do. My CL told me it's ok to do so as long as temperature is the same.

Hi, for mummies who give ebm, do u feed ebm frozen from previous pumps or fresh ebm?

I m wondering if I m doing the right thing by feeding frozen ebm from past weeks to my baby as I have stocked up ebm from past weeks. Mil prefer feed him bottle then let me latch.

elxir : usually I give previous pump (or previous day pump) ebm, and only give frozen once a week to manage the frozen supply circulation. main idea is to give my LO the fresh one as much as possible

Fresh milk is definitely better than frozen as frozen milk loses some antibodies in process of freezing. Frozen shd be more for backup.

I feel very overwhelmed today...:-(
Breasts blocked n hard...thought breastfeed wont have menses but im bleeding...and quarrel with hubby.,,baby needs attention all the time....

Oh my... Then my dear baby hv been taking those with less Antibodies....
sad.gif

Initially i was on total latch. I hv quite good supply & hv extra after each feed so I hv accumulated quite a lot before I switch to bottle feed ebm since mil keep nagging baby nt taking enough. So I hv been feeding him based on dates so that the 'old' stock will be cleared. But I'll latch at nite when I take care of baby myself, need to hv some bonding time with baby! Lol! Feel my mil take away alot of baby bonding time from me!
sad.gif

Sweetcorn: I know how the blocked ducts n hard breasts feel. I had it again last week when I missed a pump. :p Do a lot of massage before feeding or pump to clear the blockage. I remember reading somewhere that some bf mummies get menses ard week 11 depending on individual. If u feel too overwhelmed, try get someone to help take care of Bb while u get some fresh air. Take care!

Hi elxir
Thanks i hope i can cope...:-( ...how did u clear the blockage ? I tried latching bb coz it worked the previous encounter. Mayb need more latch , i did twice since it happened yday afternoon.. :-(

Anyone knows how to put the frozen cabbage ? And when shld i start putting on my breast? So far i feel hard...only feel pain when pressed. I sure hope i can clear soon before its painful.

If all fails, do we see gynae or GP?

Sweetcorn, my menses just came too, about 3 mths from birth. For me cld be due to partial bf now. For cabbage treatment think just apply frozen cabbage (2-3pcs) when u feel v engorged.

Elixir, my mil also dun seem to like bf. They like fm lor. So end up I feed myself as far as possible. When she feed she use fm. She feels is v leh chey to warm up chilled bm.

GG lee,
No wonder .. Im feedg half bm and half fm too.
Recently can get a good 80-100ml bm every 4hr pump but i missed one yday and kena blocked ducts... So sad :-(
Supply dropped by half! :-(

Havent had the time yet to join fb link...seems like most ppl migrate there liao..

Elxir, GG
Im so glad there is no more menses today and after numerous times of hard press towards the aerola, finally its unblocked when i pump juz now!

Happy day today! Cham im getting more emo these days and i hate it!! Im not like that before....why why...!

Hi mummies

I have a qn to ask. How much milk in total does your BB drink in a day? I just started expressing BM for my girl in preparation for returning to work (previously was total latch on).

For mummies whose babies are sleeping through the night, do you wake up in the middle of the night to pump? How long is the interval?

P/S, can I join the FB group too? Can someone PM me the link pls. Thanks.
happy.gif

Sweetcorn, hope u feeling better already.

Gg, I used to be on total latch but mil keep saying dunno baby drink enough. So frustrating so end up feed bottled ebm lo. She give me feeling she nt keen to feed bm. But I hv supply n dun wish to stop yet.
sad.gif

So for now I latch once at nite N twice in the morning. The rest of the feed we feed the 'older' frozen ebm. shld I switch to feeding him the fresh ebm? Then the older ones will b on standby for use when I go back work? Any advice?

Wangeline, My baby take abt 120-150ml per feed every 2.5-3 hourly. sometimes only 100ml.

My baby don't slp thru the nite but mil insist feed fm at last feed b4 bedtime so he slp 5-6 hours before next feed. Now I make it a point to wake up in the middle of the nite to pump to prevent engorgement. Usually 4-5 hrs after last pump. Last nite I overslept n stretch to 6 hrs. breasts were very full n painful. Got up to pump cos baby was still sound asleep so didn't wake him up to latch.
happy.gif

Wangeline:
My bb drinks 150ml every 3-4hours, night time only about 110ml.

She doesn't sleep through the night either, but tends to sleep for 5hours at a stretch at night. Usually up and wants to play by 4am.

Trouble: believe me, I did not do anything, it's god's blessing that bb is able to auto tune herself n sleep throughout the night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will continue to sleep throughout nights! But one thing for sure, she hates naps in the day, she is always awake to play n baby talk, the most she naps is about 30mins each time. Maybe she's tired by night fall so can sleep longer.

Jen,
That's gd! But then u will have play with her during the day. At this stage, wat do u all play with them? Seems like my boy nt much response yet.

Hi mummies,
Do u encounter difficulty to put bb to sleep at night? I start to sponge my boy at 8pm n makin him zzz. He will sleep for a while (maybe 9plus) wakes up again. Then the cycle repeat to coax him to zzz. And usually ding dong until 11 plus then he really sleeps.. Then sometimes he got this sucking urge so hav no choice but to give pacifier.

Trouble, how many wks is ur bb? My girl also abit slow in responding.. Only in the 3rd mth than I see responses. Now, she can bb talk n recognize us

Trouble, how many wks is ur bb? My girl also abit slow in responding.. Only in the 3rd mth than I see responses. Now, she can bb talk n recognize us

Back