(2012/02) Feb 2012

hey mummies, anyone keen to get shooshoos.com shoe? they having a promo now... but worth it only if buy a full price n buy 5 at clearance price....
i dun mind paying abit more for clearance iem - to offset whoever buying the full price

I will probably send the feedback form hopefully at least the mgt aware wats happening and has chance to improve. Can also feedback to gynae, I think they sometimes also feedback to tmc wat customers tell them. During my stay there were a couple of nice nurses too and I would wan to compliment then as well. So at least they are motivated
happy.gif

Hi girls

Thanks for all your encouragement. Milk supply has improved slightly. Now can pump 40ml with both breasts for 15 -20min. Still low but will thrive on!

Am tempting to try bottle feeding for my 18 day old but scare nipple confusion or flow preference as my milk flow is not well established yet. Can advise on which brand to use? Thks....

I was put to a 4bedded ward aft I delivered becos all single n single premier rooms were taken up.
At first the admin staff came to apologize n say will give me my original choice of a single room. Some more she say will give me discount fr bill fir the inconveniences caused.
So I stay in a 4 bedded ward for almost 7 hrs before moving to a single room.
But when I check out, no discounts at all! Staff say not considered 1day stay so cannot give discount.
Don't want to argue with the staff..

All becos of Dragon year,,,

Jinglebell:
I introduced bottle feeding to my bb when she was 6 or 7 days old. Gave up on cup feeding cos too messy, milk kept spilling out.
Im using nuk brand teats.
So far, my 19 day old still wan suckle n have no issues with bottle.

Hey Ladies, wana ask someting bout confinement nanny .. those who hav engage CL for ur previous confinement ..

1) Do baby sleep with CL ?
2) Do you allow them to close the door & sleep ?
3) Do you allow them to use the aircon ?

Pls advise me as i'm first timer to engage CL...

Jingle, jia you! We can build up our supply de. Even if not much, we give what we can to our bbs. I'm using NUK teats n bottles. So far, no nipple confusion.

Thanks jojo, will go check out the website later.

Just received my bills from gleneagles, and that is like almost one month after I discharge! Pay almost 12k! Hmm so many charges that I don't understand, and I can't help but wonder if I did use all those items

Hi mrs Ho, my cl sleep with the baby with close door. However, cos my door is transparent in the middle, so not sure if can consider as close door.

Initially, the cl only use fan, cos we did not say can use. But due to the hot weather, my baby keep sweating and cry cos of heat, we on the air con for her. So far, she on only occassionally, and only if bb need it

Shan, they anyhow cut our pocket! We r at their mercy ma like what chilli say dragon yr. Bo bian.

Chilli quek, if I were u I will shoot a letter to their CEO. we r the unlucky ones who got downgraded. My fren got upgraded!!!! I din want to deliver at tmc.. I chose tmc for the convenience of my gynae, gynae cant go gleneagles and mt a was having Reno. If I have a next child Tmc will never b my first choice!

Shan, ya no way we can verify the bill one lor. Esp all the medical equipments etc. So Bo Bian just pay one, unless u really see something odd then maybe can ask. How much ur gynae charge for professional fees?

Khim yes at poly now. I see many other bbs here for jaundice check but think mine looks more yellow. Sigh.

Hi Mrs Ho,
My CL sleeps with the baby and she does closes the door when sleeping. ( but mine's a transparent glass door... Ha.. Though she did ask why the bb room so special with a glass
door). As in using the air-con, it depends on the weather. Usually she will use it in the afternoon cos of bb. At night, she will rather have the natural wind.

Mrs Ho, my bb has heat rash since birth so CL suggest to on aircon at nite. N with aircon on, door will be closed. The fan is on during the day time so door will be open. So far it's only day 2 with my CL, so alot of play by ear. She seems professional so I usually listen to her advice. I guess the choice is urs cos u r the 'employer' afterall

khim, GG

as i need to be monitored n dealing with contractions. i do not wanna share room with another person with lots of visitors as i will get me more tensed up n not comfy...how to concentrate to deliver?

suites also all taken up!! but their renovated labour rooms looks fabulous but not ready yet...hope i can make it to use the new room
happy.gif

GG:
i used cupcake divinity for #1, not bad. looks colorful n price is reasonable but very sweet la...even thou v sweet....it was snapped out by guest

jojo:
i'm still loosing my mucous plug. everyday i have globs of mucous and blood coming out.....gross i know...haha i managed to get a masseuse to come to my place to massage for me..hehe. contractions still come on n off...worst thing...i lost my voice n coughing away...hiaz

catherine:
they have booked app for me to see dr paul tom morn...i plan to "tong" the contractions till tom morn when i see him. standby gynae is benjamin tham...he's not for vbac for me. say i am 8days overdue n bb is big, natural seems difficult n scaring me to have csection. but i insisted i'll wait for paul. actually he refused to discharge me...say dangerous to wait at home but i insisted so sign consent form lor.
i engaged a doula n when ben tham saw her, his attitude change n can tell he was disappointed n imm say let nature take it's cause n wait it out...very diff frm what he tld me in the morn to ask me to go csect. i dunno if i will succeed...hopefully tom is the day or the thurs...dunno how long more can i labour...some pp labour for a few days b4 bb comes out....i got a phil midwife yesterday...she;s not too bad

neighbors for 2 bedder: really diff to share room....u'll never know who u get. can u imagine if i m fighting contractions n they all stare at me?! alamak...i rather take the risk n stay home. i still tot tmc's confinement food is very nice so i tot this time i'll try tmc.... mayb i shld switch to mt a. i like mt a alot. the nurses n staffs are all very caring

meifen:
i noticed if i breathe in n blow out hard. it really relive the pain...the more i graps n gek, the longer n more painful the contractions... wah...yr neighbour really drama...entertain u..hehe

meiji:

congrats!! i agree baby;s safety is most impt. i will not try natural if in the even circumstances are not favourable

Khim, just back from poly. Jaundice went down but the doc commented its not coming down fast enuf. Ask him then how he say monitor. Will check again sat.

I decided that I will probably stop giving bb breastmilk from now till sat see if it helps. Plus hopefully got sun. So for time being probably just throw away the ebm. Still need to pump to maintain the supply.

Pineapple, if u still can chane go mt a. I deliver at mt a but hv to go day surgery at tmc, really feel tmc service sucks.
But mt a room not so nice but service is really good

Pineapple I salute u. U really can tong. When my mum told relatives I tong from tues night to fri morning all scold me say I siao. In fact I saw dr Paul last weds cos my gynae wAs not available. He said I should deliver on weds night if not thurs morning. To his disappointment I din deliver. Did not even dilate further when I saw my gynae on thurs morning that's y I chose to induce on fri.

I seriously did not expect tmc to be that bad after the ivf mix up case. Guess they never learn. The way I see the midwife asking my hubby to acknowledge my gal was done in a big rush like telling us quick dun waste my time. What made me angry is I was charged for subsequent hr of monitoring my bb after I gave birth. Was that necessary? No!!! In the next birth room I was told by the mid wife that the bb heartbeat dropped and all nurses rush over to help. For that no nurse attend to us and I was charged innocently!!!!! Feel like slapping them.

The experiences I read from all of you about TMC quite different from my experience at Mt E. Firstly, I went into delivery suite once I was admitted until post-delivery (total about 10 hours). No need to move rooms. The nurses came and introduced themselves, also when shift change, also did the same. They cleaned baby up slowly, no rush, we took photos, baby latched on etc, all still in the delivery suite.

I don't think the price I paid was much more than TMC. I got the final bill within 1 week of delivery and it is 7.6K (before medisave) for natural delivery without epi, of which my gynae fees was 2.6K, PD fees 400. I was staying in single room for 3 nights.

My 2 cents in case anyone considering for next baby
happy.gif

Serene, tks. Ok will probably need to buy milk bags then. Just hope jaundice is something dat won't come back once cleared. Else scarly give her then jaundice again.

Mummies with CL, does your CL make herbal soups every day?

So far not heard of jaundice back and appear in bb more than one mth. So should be safe.

Tmc, think now they are listed so very profit driven. Mt a v nice, no room they let me stay in the delivery suite which is almost same as single room. So don feel shortchange. Last time tmc food superb good, but now the review is also cannot make it. So no loss to me. Mt a food so so only.

GG, what's ur bb's level? Intend to bring my girl tml afternoon.

I havent been giving my girl FM for the past few days, fully BM now. Think my girl's condition may be worse.

For EBM, like what serene mention, freeze it. I soft freeze my EBM as can store slightly longer.

Re: TMC
My experience at TMC is quite okay. Except for some screw ups.

1. When checked in for induction, there's no room available. so gonna stay at the observation room. my poor hubby no place to sleep gonna roam around the hospital looking for a sofa to rest.

2. One of the nurse caused me much pain and my anal to bleed from inserting the enema. Feedbacked to another nurse on this.

3. Maybe i was in single bedded @ level 3, the nurses there are always so busy that non of them provide much guidance in latching and seems a bit impatient. And they expect 2nd time mummies to know how to latch immediately.

4. Was also upset that there was no lactation nurse over the weekend.

5. meals served are not always hot. and can see that the ingredients in the confinement soup has lessen quite a bit!

anyway, dont thk i will have 3rd child so cant try Mt A.
Something good is that I delivered in one of the brand new delivery suite. Very big and clean! resting in there is so much better than the other delivery rooms.

Having stayed in single and premiere single, find that the nurses at premiere single level is better and more patient.

Quick question to mummies with boys. Do ur bit play with their birdie , my 4 yr old keep rubbing ( with his fingers or against chair or door) it these few days don know should I check with doctor? my cl and maid say is not normal.

Btw mummies, just to share some babies might not like the taste of frozen BM.. So what I did last time was to mix with the refridgerated BM, another way u can use it to soak ur feet..
happy.gif

Hi Shan

Did u go c sect at Gleneagles? Did your hubby stay overnight? Do u know how is the lodger fee being charged? By days or by night? I.e if c sect, we staying for 4 days 3 nights. Lodger fee is 3x$83 (before gst)?? Thks.

Pineapple: Hope you have the VBAC you want! I also had regular contractions and was placed in the the normal ward (2 bedder) to wait it out. Thankfully I had a wonderful ward-mate, who was also having contractions so we just strike up conversation! I walked around quite a lot outside on the corridor too, stopping during the contractions to try to bring the baby 'down'. PT said BT quite pro VBAC leh - but maybe not as garang as PT to wait it out. Anyway he is back tomorrow so hopefully PT will deliver baby for you. IMO, you'll be in good hands if it's PT!!
happy.gif

Godsent: Bought him to see gp , he say observe a while more. He say maybe itchy that's why and we need to do cleaning of his undeeskin. Hope so . So young To hv this issue.

Khim, my gal level was 150+ yesterday. 5 days ago was about 190+. But the doc commented not coming down fast enuf, yet never say wats to be done. Just say monitor and review again. He doesn't buy the sunning theory as well. I told my CL to stop feeding ebm but I think she doesn't think it has to do with herbs. She cook herbal soup almost at least alternate days. The red date tea also got some herbs.

Mummies my bb has some small small pimple look alike on her cheeks and neck. Like got white dot unside one. Is that heat rash? Will moisturizer help?

Hi GG,

My 4 weeks old does have the small small pimples. According to the GP, is due to mummy's hormones and they do not recommend any medication to be applied as bb may be allergic.

Morning all, I think I'm the only 1 waiting now. Even pineapple is having contractions now. Today is my EDD and still no sign. I think I will be a mar mummy liao. Super tired of the waiting game and hope to end it fast.

GG - do the white dots look like Milia? If so common for newborns, my first baby developed them at 2 weeks old, my second was born with them.

My second baby now has developed red rashes on her face, wondering if related to milk getting on the face and irritation?
sad.gif

Tks. The spots on face not milia, unlike her nose she has some when born. The cheeks one look like small pimples, I wonder is it due to heat. Her neck area also got heat rash.

Opps, look like u will b march mummy. Can understand how u feel, wait v long till v sian and I am sure getting more tired. Hope bb comes out soon!

GG maybe baby acne plus heat rash? My baby has these whenever I shut off the aircon- I can't stand having the aircon on all day, need some fresh air.
happy.gif

Beemummy, I suspect so. Is really hot lately. And my bb room aircon broke down! So no need to do anything about the rash?

No need to do anything - some people put breastmilk on it but it is very sticky. If no aircon, possible to move baby to other room or use fan? Babies run hotter than we do so need to be cool.

Tks beemummy. Ya I moved bb to living room in day time. More breezy plus got sunlight. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Oops, jia you! We all look fwd to you seeing yr lil one soon!

BluCryst, i engaged a babysitter in SK area for $800 per mth for 5mth old baby. Hope this giv u an idea

Hey mummies, my 4 day old son was also born with heat rashes. Tink I didn't have enough water when I was having him.

My sis told me to use little bittergourd, cut it into half and boil it with water. Thereafter, mix with the water that you are going to bathe the baby. My CL also recommend using a bath and shampoo brand - LACTACYD. Apparently it was recommend by her previous client who has a doctor relative. It's available in NTUC. I'm using both method together - bittergourd water and the recommended bath/shampoo. Hope this helps.

Hi mummies!!

Been quite some time since I last came in.. Little princess arrived on 21 Feb!!! Wanted bb to pop naturally but had to be induced eventually.. And gave in to epi in the end again... =(

But bb having very bad jaundice.. Level had been going up every time we bring bb for check up... Any mummies know how to bring it down fast? So far we can only try to cut down her bm and feed more fm as suggested by doc...

Hiyas! Thanks for all the encouragement! Been MIA for awhile too! #2 is out on 28feb 0555hrs @3.43kg. Admitted on 27feb @2230. Doc chked was already 3cm dilated so no nid pill. broke waterbag at 2300 to induce naturally. Took epi on 28feb @0200. Got a sucky anaesthetist. Had to readjust needle when epi showed no effect. Epi lost effect again after 2 hrs. Reached 7-8cm dilation @0430. Felt contraction pain getting more intense. Tink something went wrong with epidural(mebbe dislodged or wat). Got more and more painful. Could feel full blown contractions! Had to take laughing gas... 0515 called for doc cos already can see bb hair. Delivered @0555 after 4 contractions of pushes! Friggin pain! As though I did not have epidural at all! Really the best pain reliever is push bb out! Wonder how mummies do it without epi?!? Really superwoman! Tmc v full!!! Waited in dbl bedder for 8hrs b4 moving to single rm. Food not as gd as when I had #1... Service was better though. Staying 6th floor tis time. Will b discharged later in the afternoon. Can't wait to go home! =)

Back