(2012/01) Jan 2012

jean, i think it's other ppl boh chap, not their bb mah.. seriously ah.. these ppl shld learn to be more considerate.. bb sick is no joke lo.. bb feel so terrible & we parents also so tired & heartpain..

Jean, how did you prep the pork and broccoli porridge?

Jac, what kind of cereal do you offer? I think my bb dislikes cereal. I tried HT and Happy Bellies brown rice, and Hipp Fine Fruit cereal. Most times I would add fruit/veg purée but he's nt interested.

dancingqueen, i'm using happy bellies brown rice cereal. my boy also doesn't relle like cereal (unless it's cerelac coz its sweet), so it's mostly puree with ~ 1 milk scoop of cereal. ur bb ok with porridge? if ok then good. i'm using parklon too, L size, 15mm thickness, good enuff for me.

Jac, I tried happy bellies today. The cereal has a bad oil smell. Even i didnt like what i tasted. Is that smell normal? Btw, do you add more cereal or more purée? I tend to add more cereal bt I think my baby doesn't like. He prefers veg/fruit purée w/o cereal.

jac: maybe only coincidental 3 times? scary leh if really dirty. anyway, don't think about it la, otherwise next time won't go grandma's place liao..

dancingqueen: broccoli prep > cut into pieces and steam. pork >we buy tenderloin and cut into cubes. Then cook with rice and water + pieces of broccoli + few cubes of pork for 45m-1hr. Then remove pork cubes and blend the rest of the porridge. Will be nice and green and fragrant. I tasted, quite nice! we have also tried broccoli + threadfin, nice also. same method just use threadfin instead of pork; but this time blend threadfin together too.

dancingqueen: I have both LG & Parklon. Both are ok for bb and me. You can get either one. M is enough already, but if you prefer longer/thicker, get the Lsize. I have LG Msize and Parklon Lsize, both ok.

dancingqueen, mine smells normal leh. I tend to add more purée coz my boy also prefer purée to cereal. The cereal is juz to let him feel fuller.

my boy still having fever, cough & running nose since Sunday. Went GP on sunday but the med din help so brought him to PD today. PD say cough quite bad, almost bronchitis liao. hope this time the med will be more effective. sigh.....
sad.gif

Jac: Hope ur boy is getting better soon. U also muz take care ya.. Not easy to handle baby especially when they are sick.

Jean: Any reason why u didnt feed the pork meat to the bb? I noticed u removed them before serving.

Dancingqueen: Abt the HP bellies, I used it before too. I think I somehow know what u meant. I think that's the smell for this cereal. Maybe due to the DHA etc?? find it unusual too but my bb finish the whole can alrady and she loved it. Now I moved to cerelac stage 3 as baby can eat more varieties of things.

Enitsuj: for the fernleaf yoghurt, do u mixed with other fruits or serve ur bb juz like that ?

morn mummies!

my boy's better, but still have quite a bad cough (very phlegmy) & abit of running nose..

have u all started planning for ur bb's 1st birthday? i've got less than 2 more mths to go! freaking out.. any suggestions where to get nice, tasty (& cheap) fondant cakes?

Mummies, wanna ask if babies will only cry at night in between sleeps if they are teething, or will they fuss throughout the day? I don't know if its because my gal's teething or we gave her fruits too near her bed time, she's been waking up and crying a few times in the night. Sometimes its hard to calm her down. after that she would just crawl about, suddenly energetic and/or turn and toss, seemingly trying to find a comfortable position to sleep. Usually she fuss when I try to carry her to sleep. We tried putting her in the sarong and she finally fell asleep.

She's tired, but just can't fall asleep. Don't know what's the problem..

Anyone has had a similar experience?

Jac: I've been planning for my gal's birthday. Fondant cakes are not cheap. And I probably will be expecting a slightly larger crowd so a cake for about 70-80 pax may set me back about $300-$400. Still exploring my choices because those I enquired usually make sweet cakes (from the feedback I've got) or out of budget.

Delphina, i just gave the yoghurt as it is. It already has fruit mixed in it. Didn't see any plaun yoghurt heh. But can add in more fruit if you want. More variety, think baby also won't mind!

BluCryst, my boy also has been doing the same thing for the past few days. Previously can put him into his cot when he is half asleep. Now have to nurse him till he totally fall asleep then can put him in. When he wakes, he cries as though he has been crying for a long time..very jialat kind. I've narrowed it down to teething and separation anxiety. I had to carry him with me around the house in the baby carrier when i am doing my chores...*faint*

It's been a long week for me man.. Food poisoning for me, plus baby had HMFD scare. Turned out to be false alarm. Now he wakes up every two hours at night to feed. Gaaah. Going nuts .

delphina: I removed the pork before blending the porridge initially as I thought there would be lumps as meat's more difficult to blend than fish. These 2 weeks I blend together with the porridge as my mum showed me what type of pork to buy that is softer and easier to blend/chew. Bb now eats pork blended in the porridge and chews on bits too!

Going to the 9m Pneumoccal jab tomorrow, will update on it tomorrow. I checked the health book, there is not supposed to be any 9m asessement. The next one is supposed to be 15-18m? something like that.

Blucryst: The sleep problem seem to happen to my little girl last night! She's been drinking 180ml twice in the wee hours but now she only drinks half! and kicks kicks and cries! alamak, donno why, just pat her to sleep after milk lor... if teething, that means top ones popping out? but no sign yet leh.. I thought it could be due to wind from a new food we introduced yesterday - cauliflower? will monitor these 3 days..

enitsuj: food poisoning? what did you eat? terrible la. baby hmfd scare? how come?

hi mummies,
hows everyone...been quite busy w bb lately as he is down w cough and lots of phlegm..almost 3 weeks, seen pd twice and still have not recover...haiz...
Jac: I was planning my elder birthday party in dec and the cake is enough to make me faint...he wanted a pirate theme cake so I thought a fondant cake would be nice...and guess what..starting price is $800..no kidding...I wrote back to ask if there was an error and no there wasn;t..I was kind of shock at that price...so I will just buy a simple pirate ship cake f my elder at prima deli..so much cheaper...also bought some pirate supplies and that already cost me $50..faint faint x2. everything so exp man.
that time my elder celebrate his bd, we also ordered from prima deli..2 tier cake...and it never fail us for even one time
happy.gif
so most likely will get it too...
baby just turn 9 mths..time flies...before we know it it be time for them to go childcare...I think I will miss my younger alot then...

Jean, dunno what i ate leh. Now still taking easy. Share porridge with my son haha. HMFD scare: we came back from Malacca on Sat to find that there were red bumps on his feet. Monitored and saw more on Sunday. So made a trip to KKH emergency to check and triage nurse said suspected HMFD. waaah..luckily doc checked the back of son's throat and said no ulcers so don't think it is..plus no fever. The red bumps have more or less disappeared so maybe was a rash or smthg.
Brink, i saw in an old issue of mother & baby magazine that prices can start frm $500 for cupcakes to over a few thousand dollars for an elaborate fondant cake! My wedding cake also not so ex!! Am considering trying to make a fondant cake myself lol but think will just bake a simple one.

brink, does prima deli do customised cakes? i wanna an animal train theme cake.. i've enquired a few & prices r >$250 for a small fondant one.. so ex! sigh..

my plan is to have a small & simple bday celebration at my own house.. think ~20-30pax (mostly family members).. gonna juz get those mini buffet (if less than 30pax), buy some balloons & DIY the banner for deco, & get a bday cake.. probably budget less than $500 ba..

how abt the rest? any rah-rah?

Jac; u can try four leave... Just attended a birthday party not long ago and on the top of the cake is a train track w animals... Quite nice
happy.gif

enitsuj, Jean: I'm not sure if its teething because like Jean's case, no sign of tooth popping out. And she still drinks n eat as per normal. Not sure if its because I've started to add some formula milk to the breastmilk. Will keep monitoring too.

As for cakes, I wanted a Disney themed cake which is not very easy to get from bakery due to copyright issues. And I'm concerned about fondant cakes being sweet. But normal cream cakes can't be kept outside for long. So it's a dilemma for me.

brink, yeah i saw the same webpage. the cake u saw at the birthday party is pink/red in color (same as the pic) rite? wonder if they can change the color for the cake.

Jac, thanks for the link. But they only have 2D cakes, no 3D cakes. Just wondering if mummies here wants a 3D cake (2-tier, or fondant), or you don't mind if it's a 2D cake?

And care to share what's your budget for the cake and the whole ceebration?

Hi jac, sorry I miss your post... Was at prima deli website and just copy over and exist... Yes the birthday cake I saw was red... The birthday boy love it
happy.gif

Blucryst, that time f my number 1, Never set any budget... Think we spend a lot more than expected..lol
We were celebrating in nsrcc, cake was a 2 tier cake from prima deli.. Then buffert we cater f 30 pax on first day, second day, we cater buffert BBQ and bought a small four leave strawberry cake... And also we have some helium balloons, wall decoration bought from toy r us .All in all think we spend about 2k... Totally not within budget if we were to set one...Of course we never earn back cause all are close relatives and friends and we provide good food
happy.gif

blucryst, mabbe u can enquire on the prices then decide ba. fondant cakes r really really ex! for mine, a 7" single tier cale
with 3 small 3D figurines already cost $180+, a 3D cake will cost $350+. abit out of my budget.

brink, think I getting the prima deli one. I checked with them, can change the color of the base.
happy.gif

haizz...my boy down with hfmd...guess my #1 brought back from cc and they were together over the long wkend..

my #1's 1st bday cake was from Smiling Orchid cos i ordered buffet from them. But no cartoon theme.

This mth i'm going to order Prima Deli for her bday..cos cheaper than Bengawan solo. Need a big cake for her cc. For my son's 1st bday, will use Bengawan solo cos they have Mickey mouse cake.

i juz checked with four leaves outlet (not prima deli, posted wrongly in previous post). They don't do birthday cakes during christmas period!! arrgghrr!! sigh............

moscato, ur boy how liao? better? who's taking care of him now? u or ur mum? my boy down with fever again. virus spreading ard like wild fire. sigh.

he is much better now. at least can eat porridge and drink some milk. Red spots havent subsided yet.
ya..my mum looking after him now. Better separate him & my #1..somemore #1 down with slight fever today..haizz...

how is your boy? catch the virus from sch?

Jac: really ah , four leave don't do birthday cakes during Christmas... Or u can consider their strawberry cake very nice too
happy.gif

Moscato: hope your kid recover soon...

brink: thanks! #1 ok already. no more fever on sunday. Not sure what happened to her too..low grade fever for 1.5 days. #2 back to normal, some spots not fully recovered. Other than that, he is fine.

hope yr babies are getting better. mine oso slight running nose...but under control.

juz wondering what teething biscuuits u give to yr baby? can they "bite" it well since they have little teeth? or it practically melts instantly in the mouth? i have 2nd tots about giving them.

hope your babies are feeling better! Weather has been a little cranky these days, so mummies please look after yourselves too.

jkids, I have the heinz teething rusks. he used his lower teeth to scrape the rusk when it is soggy with his saliva (which is damn gross in my opinion). If your kid has teeth, can try the puffs or cheerios, they melt in their mouths.

helloooo...

moscato, my boy also like suddenly kana mild fever for 2 days one. but now no more fever liao, juz having lots of phlegm. been taking med for like almost a mth but not fully recovered. sigh. also dunno how to help him...
sad.gif
glad tat ur kids r better liao. muz be very tiring for u & ur mum. u take care k!
happy.gif

jkids, i give my boy the heinz teething rusk but he doesn't really like it, coz like chew liao but can't swallow anything. he'll juz gnaw on it for awhile then throw it away or bang it on the floor. he likes the happy baby puffs alot, but it doesn't help much with teething thou, doesn't melts instantly, but quite fast la, no need chew much. my boy likes baby bites (http://www.akkoh.com/eng-product.php?categoryid=10&subcategoryid=10) alot too, his IFC feeds him this when he's ard 7mo, maybe u can try this instead?

blucryst, i finally settled for a single tier 7" fondant cake for $190 (inc delivery). no choice since i wanna an animal train theme cake (wanna stick to theme coz i've painfully DIY-ed the birthday banner & invites liao) & four leaves doesn't sell birthday cakes during christmas period. sad.

brink, how much milk does ur boy drink? drink more milk will be chubbier leh coz milk more nutritious & higher calories compared to solids.

Jac: glad that your boy no more fever. Fever is scary...my boy also has phlegm..
sad.gif

brink: my boy on mamil gold 2 and 2 solids a day..still not chubby..guess he doesn't sleep a lot and very active so flesh doesn't grow on him..haizz...

i only give gerber puffs..and my boy loves it. tell him "finish...no more", he will cry. :S Tried giving him Pigeon fish crackers, he doesnt really like.

Jac: my boy drink like 180 ml milk per feeding for 3 to 4 times per day...
Moscato; ya my boy super active too.. Once wake up no stop.. Now change diaper and clothes also difficult cause he will turn and crawl away so fast... Everytime need to catch him...lol

brink, my boy taking abt 750ml FM + 2-3 solids a day now. even then he has slimmed down abit liao, coz sick & grown taller. he used to take more than 1 litre FM when he was younger (since 2-3mo), so has been chubby since young. I hate it when he poos, always twist & turn till the poop all over!

Jac, the price for the fondant is still alright. If I want I gotta fork out #300-$400. Still thinking coz mine is in end of Jan. Still have some time.

I heard that babies need about 750ml of milk when they started on solids. But mine drink less than that. She only drinks milk like 2-3 times per day, and the max is the last feed about 180-200ml, sometimes even 150ml if she's very tired and fall into deep sleep.

Afternoon, she don't drink much, like perhaps 100ml. Morning, she don't drink a lot too, but I'm not sure coz I latch on.

But, she drinks a little in the night. I latch her when she fuss. Perhaps about once or twice on the average.

I'm worried she's not getting enough milk. Anybody knows if having lesser than 750ml is okay?

hello, i have always been a silent reader here.

Baby Kalyn doesnt really prefer porridge. but do drink alot of milk. 240ml per 3 hour feed.

Anyone facing the same problem?

My son takes even less milk.. Total milk intake is only 300 - 400 per day ;( we have tried all ways and means but he still refuse to open his mouth

Hi bluecryst/ ng
My elder used to be like tha... Think my case was worst as per feed he only take 20 to max30 ml.. Bring him see pd and pd reassured us that it is alright as long as he is active and growing well.. My elder was super thin for a baby. At age 1 doctor recommend us Appleton brand of vitamins and pedicure. It helps
happy.gif

Blucryst, I read that babies on solid should drink minimum 500ml of milk per day. So I guess your girl is doing fine. My boy already going 8 mth but still drinking 180ml during first and last feed, and 150ml for the rest of 3 day feeds. Sometimes he only drinks 120ml at night when he's very sleepy. He eats solid once a day. His weight gain has slowed down. Sigh..

Thanks brink for yr advice.. Seen a pd n was asked to give bb tofu to supplement his calcium intake.. Haha it's so troublesome to take care of fussy eaters

Back