(2012/01) Jan 2012

<font color="aa00aa">Hi mommies, am still in Hong Kong today, back late nite....and I can't pick a better timing to fall sick! Had stomach flu yesterday afternoon &amp; ended up with diarrhoea &amp; vomitting the rest of the day. Luckily I made it through my meetings today feeling better (but still no appetite). I lost 1kg just within 1/2 day yesterday. Sigh...

Michele - Yes, I don't look too preggy too! Just told my colleagues in HK that I am almost into the 5th month &amp; they were surprised
sad.gif
Can't wait for my gyne appnt on Fri to make sure that baby is well...hate all the waiting in between gyne appnts cos its once/month now - feels so long!!!</font>

I guess each individual's tummy will blossom differently. I'm into my 15 weeks now and tummy looks big.. Feels that I look more like coming to 20weeks pregnant. But I take it as a good sign, that baby is growing. (Just to make myself feel better) Hehe.. So most of my colleagues already kinda guessed that I'm preggie..

any experience mummies here ever have problem going off when you are about to deliver? Boss pretend not to know that u are pregnant, cant find temp to replace you etc?
I am thinking of sending an official email to my 2 bosses incase they fake ignorance later part.

jingles : cc your HR too
they cant fake it lah , you have to go means you have too ... birth in the office ???
A friend of mine just quit cos her boss was really the most unresonable kind , so she didnt want to deal w the stress esp she plans to bf fully.

MayC: take care, stomach flu might be in ther air, my #1 is down with it... I have to dettolrise the whole house including my maid cos she is wiping the poop and vomit all the time.

ya...
i am afraid of those unreasonable and act blur kind lo...cos i already told my direct boss last month during appraisal but i scared she fake ignorance and turn table to blame me lei...so now trying to cover backside
happy.gif

Well.. back in 2008, my cover only came 1 month before my EDD. And coz i had a c-sec at Week 38, handover was rushed thru within 2 weeks.

MayC: Take care! Try to drink more fluids to prevent dehydration. I oso hate the long wait to the next gynae appt. My tummy oso quite small and I definitely dun look like I am 15 weeks. Now that most of bloating &amp; ms gone, I am quite worried if bb is doing well...still gonna wait 2 more weeks b4 i can see bb.

Jac,
U can still attend Wong boi boi classes at tmc even if u are delivering elsewhere. That's wat I did.

Cookie monster,
Aiyo, i cant remember!!! Hmmm I'm from oct 2007. Same??

Mummies who r private patients at kkh TPS, can check with u, your 20th week scan will be at the TPS by gyne or level 2 by sonographer? Mine will be at level 2 first then gyne. Just wanna check coz find the staff there can be quite messed up, my last detailed scan at week 12 I ended up with a cancelled appointment to see the dr who said it was not necessarily to see her since I was briefed by the sonographer before her.

Apple, you okay liao? Mine didn't do swab for me again today coz she says no blood clot as seen from my scan and that infection unlikely to cause bleeding. .. Anyway, she also said some women tend to spot thru out the entire pregnancy. My baby is growing fine from scan today, though I can't help thinking that baby seems to have limited space to move in its water bag which looks small to me.

RitzC, same as you. i am scheduled for the detailed scan on the 20th week at level 2 ADC. After which, appointment with gynea at TPS.

For my 12th week OSCAR, i just went straight for the scan. Don't have to see gynea coz they'll send a report to him.

thanks ladies! think i'll sign up for wong boi boi classes too since it's highly recommended.. will sign up for the sun afternoon classes starting early sep..
happy.gif

btw, for those who are interested too, i've checked the schedule.. wong boi boi classes are from early sep - early oct (sat afternoon classes are already full) or mid oct - mid nov.. mummies shld be ard 20 weeks at the start of the class..

(x): Yumz! It's so nice to eat that on the rainy day that was yesterday.
happy.gif

I had macaroni soup as well, it was comforting on a cold evening.

MayC: Oh dear, take care MayC! As the others had mentioned, drink more water and hv more soupy, porridgey stuff for your meals?

Jingles: Is there any reason that makes you think your bosses will fake this? Actually no way they can don't let you go right? Our labour laws are still protective of delivered mothers' maternity leave.

morning mummies

ritzC/tulip
for my 12th week scan, i went to scan @ 2nd floor, then the dr at ADC debrief me. Did not see my own gynae. Then for 20th scan, I am suppose to do OGTT test, then the 20th week scan at 2nd floor. Wont be seeing gynae on the same day for 20th week.

ms carpe diem
no la..my boss is a sotong, and tends to forget things. And when she forget things, she do not admit and tend to push blame on others. I have been with her for 5 yrs so I know her pattern inside out, so to prevent any unpleasant forgetful blurps, I have to do this lo...Wont wanna be blame for not informing her and she is not able to engage help at last min blah blah blah...

jingles: everyday walk pass ur boss office with ur big tummy..i am sure she will not forget..
happy.gif

on and off..stroll to HR side also..:p

zhuzhu

:p
thanks...but here, when they wan to act friendly, they can be friendly. Turn official, everyone will start putting on cold mask and say - well, u did not inform us formally lo....sooo.....
happy.gif

Jingles: oh i c, in that case yah an official communication from you to your bosses cc hr should do. Shld be ok, just get it done then enjoy weekend. Verbally remind them 2 weeks later or so.
happy.gif

Thanks mommies. Not fully recovered yet, but much better. Meanwhile, I have a gyne appnt today - so excited to see baby again &amp; also abit apprehensive - hope everything has been fine with me being sick &amp; all that!

Jingles - how can they pretend not to know you are pregnant? And yes, better to have a paper trail - cc HR &amp; your immediate boss with your EDD and how long you intend to be away - just to be on the safe side. Are u mommies taking 4 months maternity in a stretch? I still have leave to offset, told my boss I would work thru Dec (when we have forced office closure) &amp; just offset after delivery - so I am taking about 5 months. Just alot easier logistic wise to breastfeed at home!

mayC
wah v lucky lei....take 5 months one shot.....i am not sure if i take 5 months in a row, the company still need me to come back or not :p

jingles - I did 4 months in a row for #1 too.
But not like going MIA, I checked &amp; cleared my emails everyday &amp; took conference calls from home while breastfeeding! My work generally allows me to work from home if there are no meetings, so I wasn't even really on maternity but kinda worked thru it.

Cannot afford to be MIA for 5 whole months...plus its quite boring being home alone with baby cos they sleep alot the first few months!

tulip n jingles, thanks for replying. My week 12 scan the staff really screwed up, no one noticed the mistake when they schedule my appointment, end up I kept waiting from 2 plus to 3plus just to do the detailed scan then 3 plus to nearly 6 ( can't imagine right!) to see the gyne only to be told near 6 that there's no need for me to see her that day. Then the counter staff still ask me to wait to schedule another day for my next appointment. I got really irritated on the spot and gave it to them. At least 1 nurse manager was nice enough to step in to apologize to me coz the two nurses that I encountered that day was really curt and poor service attitude. Wow, was really so mad that paying so much as private patient and still meet this type of encounter. So this time round saw my forms again ticked the level 2 detailed scan then see doc, decided to check whether anyone else going for the same stuff

Anyway, that happened at clinic d not tps. Hopefully, tps staff r better. I'm moving to tps next appointment in sep. Haiz

woot! 5 months wow MayC cool.
I will be taking the full 16wks - though many asked me to just use 3 months and balance stagger but I found not very good since want to bf and can be w bb longer
happy.gif

jingles: btw if yr boss fake ignorance, and the temp arrives lates - REMEMBER it's not your fault when the handover is rush work (esp what if bb decides to arr early??), cos you have already informed them and it's them that did not take action. So you dont stress, last time my ex-comp always like tt, so I planned w my ex-coli way ahead w all the wk procedures so they cant target my preggy ex-coli. she went off happy n the temp wasnt tt stress as well.

ritzc

errr..just to check, did u receive any SMS from KKH? for my case, i will always receive a reminder from KKH 3 days before my appt. Used that one to say counter staff ...it will be stupid of them to write wrongly in book and sms 3 days prior to the appt as well.

hq

v good to plan ahead....i will also like but for here, also not sure they are gg to load existing ple or temp staff. So I cant plan ahead anything. The lest I can do its to cover myself and later on if anything happen i have b/w, I also bo chup le..

hi X , lunch seems ok , had chk rice just feel a bit bloated now.

today quite occupied at work, kept staring at my advocado and thinking abt it, just cant make it to the pantry-only next door- to cut it up and eat - haha

(x)
just went for our departmental lunch....finally the much dreaded lunch was over. Eating with bosses is fake and full of canned laughter moments -.-

hq
dont stare too hard ah...later avocado burst into flames ah!

I had chinese food for lunch with my colleagues.. ordered bee hoon, fried rice, braised beef and veg. I ate a lot. colleagues were v impressed. haahah... anyway I can eat more during lunch but dinner I dont have much appetite. These 2 wks I feel better, dont feel so bloated anymore. But I realised that if Im hungry, I cant go hungry for too long, I will start to feel nauseous.

My colleagues said my tummy is big for a 16weeks leh. hmmmm...

I'm also hoping to go on a 16weeks ML straight! haha.. hopefully I can.. ;p

jingles, did you get a note from your gynae stating when your EDD is ? you can scan that note, send to HR and then cc your boss for info. Then at least it's everything in black &amp; white, you're covered. ;)

lush
Thanks for the b/w tip.
ya...actually preggie is supposed to snack often. Keep nuts and mini biscuits handy....by the time your tummy gets hungry u will turn puky. Tats for my case la.

Bth...just came from the lunch and one fella was like stating he felt v heartpain for kids nowadays as it is a v challenging world out there and now they have to undergo immense stress....and then later on everyone was like trying to act "wise" and said I am going to have hard time bring kids up .. -.-
crap lei...last time we also face equal pressure growing up...with the improve technology, culture, food and education, of course the pressure will goes equally up mar...siao... -.-

jingles, same, when i get hungry, i get puky too. And i'll vomit out gastric juices or my last intake of fluid. sianzzz... eat also vomit. Don't eat also vomit.

aiyah... your colleagues why so "shao xing"? people pregnant, going thro' so much and going to have kids but say until its like its a dead end. everybody's got a choice mah. You choose to take up the challenge. Nothing more encouraging to say?

Thank god i don't have ML issues. That's why die die also won't leave this institution, even though pay sucks and work is getting worse. will be having "holiday" from Jan to Apr. kekeke... in fact, after Christmas, i'm totally off. with a pay compromise of coz.

tulip
yah...that's my boss and colleagues
happy.gif
the best way to beat them off is just laugh it off. Good for your own mindset and baby. That is why i had been dreading this lunch for months...eating with these people I rather eat lunch alone in the mountain!

ok my yummy avocado has just been eaten :D no more staring liao

jingles yr co very interesting pp, their outlook in life very negative maybe they dont have children yet so dont know the joy ,,,, hahaha maybe that is why spore birth rate low.

hq
hahahhaa now its not u who is staring, its bb's turn to stare in tummy
happy.gif

no lei...they all have kids already and theirs is 4 years old and above lo....as if 4 years lead time will make any difference -.- so they like try to act "wise" mar...but sometimes wisedom comes along with the things you encounter in life and how exposed you are...not how high rank you are sitting in the office or if your kids are older. Chey!

hi mommies, i haben post a long time though I have been reading this forum. looks like many of us will know our gender soon. I cant wait to know either so we can start buying things for bb when there is a sale gg on..

Seeing about u ladies not knowing how to tell ur boss abt ur pregnancy makes me so jealous cos I wish i have this problem too! But i have not been working 8 mths already.. Was taking a sabbatical leave from 5 yrs of working and when I am ready to go back to work, i found out abt this pregnancy.

Now everyday, i am literally eat, sleep, watch tv, go out only. Went for interviews but no takers which I expected so as no one will wanna employ a preggy now and pay 4 mths maternity later on.

Sep is gonna be my wedding but there isnt anything for me to prepare now except to wait till next mth.

I am so bored from doing nothing!! And to think i was such a workaholic last time. Haiz..

I wish to do some contract and part time jobs but no response from agencies as well..

=(

me too, i haven got time to post much lately.. so busy with my events and promotion.. tired..

Its weekend and all mummies and mummies to be , have a good rest!!!!

Jingles, even the SMS r wrong coz nobody note the mistake on the day they schedule for me and the SMS follows their computer system. I'm a first time mum so didn't realize anything wrong until they cancel my appointment on the very day. Anyway, just grousing, pregnant mum shouldn't stay mad for long

Pinko, I quit during my sabbatical too after I confirmed my pregnancy. Think you just take this time to relax and have a non-stressful pregnancy
happy.gif
I most prob will take care of my bb for 6 mths then look for a new job next July. Now 4 mths preggy difficult to hide tummy during interview
happy.gif

RitzC - Im in my 9th mth of not working already and too much time means negative tots which i think is very bad. i still try for interview at my 3rd mth but even now 4mths i still dun look preggy at all. I just declare at interview tat im preggy and thou they say they dont mind, they din call back. I reckon its just a nice way for them to reject me. I intend to find job next jul too but too long not working is literally boring... haizzz =(

shirley:
i am same as u, wk 15 and tastebud not returned. eat poorly and lost weights. i also asked this q about whether bb not getting nutrient.... maybe u shd try to drink milk or eat supplyment?

everyday, i wake up hoping i will be back to normal again. i havenot been eating well for 8 weeks! gosh.

re: maternality leave

if i take in advance, 2 weeks of annual leave, followed by 16 weeks of maternality leave, BUT i give birth in the 2nd week of my annual leave, do u think the company has the right to ask me to start my maternality leave from the 2nd week of my supposedly annual leave, resulting in me going back to workforce early by one week?

jkids
yes, maternity leave starts from the day you give birth. Can your annual leave be carried forward to next year?

hi echo:
actually i will be giving birth in end jan so want to take annual leave from 1st jan. i am thinking if the maternlity leave needs to be brought forward, then maybe i can forward the annual leave to the last week, so i can report back to work on the same day. duno if its possible...coz i really dun want to go back to work so early...

Hi mummies! I'm a new mummy who is new to this thread. Im currently in my 20th week and baby will be due either 31 Dec or 1 Jan. 80% a baby girl but it'll prob be confirmed during the detailed scan. How's everyone doing?

jkids: from my understanding, if you give birth during ur annual leave, don't think the co will fwd ur maternity...I mean in paper, you already apply for this date as the start of ur maternity leave...and u also take ur annual leave in advance..

Hi Jasmine
Welcome...
happy.gif

pinko, had the same problem as u 2yrs ago when i was preg w my #1. quit my job beg sept, end sept done w notice, oct mid mth found out preggy. faint. end up sahm till now. and even so, was looking for job in march and when my girl turned 2 in may, i found out i was preg. double faint. dun be bored/discouraged, do enjoy ur preggy now.. when bb pops it's kinda tough, esp if u have no one else helping u out. =) during my #1 preg time i usualy met up with fellow samtb or those ftwm who can eat snake for short shopping or lunch/dinner. =)

Back