(2012/01) Jan 2012

jingles,
Think before 16-20weeks, baby's growth measured by length. When baby bigger then measure by weight. Baby will then prob curl up in tummy, hard to measure head to bottom length.
Weight is approximated by taking measurement of baby's tummy circumference and thigh bone length, if I didn't remember wrong.

jingles, yes, he gave me the anti-itch cream. but the rash is so so bad, he gave me the strongest possible anti-itch cream. it like ezcema's med, kind of "burn" the top layer of my skin. I got a mark on the spot i 'kor' the most lor... after 2 days, i stopped using it.

thank god, my girl has eczema, so the house is equipped with a lot of lotions/creams/wash for sensitive, itchy & dry skin. I'm using all these to relieve myself of the itch now. red spots still there. but itch is manageable. at least i don't behave like a monkey scratching in public! Singapore so hot and humid... not helping me lah!!

I hope your blood test will give you happy results. Else... imagine the diet you have to go thro'.

birdbrain
oh thanks
happy.gif
cos most of the time i only see bb by length....thanks v much for enlightening.

tulip
ohhh please dont scratch!!!! later got scar lei!!! remember u wan to be a pretty mummy too.
thanks
happy.gif
will wait for the test and see how later this month.

hq, yah lor... so itchy right!! somemore its "down-under". its so bad, i'm given the antibiotics pressary for TWO weeks!!!! i was like 'huh'?? so much!

jingles, yah lor... at least stretch marks still can hide behind clothes. These rashes scar cannot!!! i must i must stop!!!!

tulip : pressary 2 weeks!!! wah that's long application - aii yoo poor thing leh ...

yeah Please dont scratch ok , not sure if lower protien in diet will stop the itch? e.g. eggs

talking about down-there hor - do anyone have cramps in that area? I seems to be having these cramps/numbness 3inches below belly button also to the sides ... sometimes makes me a bit worry ...

morning mommies!!

Echo, you must be so excited abt ur bb! At my 15wk visit, gynae said 60% girl.. so I may have a girl. but then again, my friend said her gynae told her she could be 70% girl, in the end still boy. haha..

I really cant wait to see bb again, but my next visit is on 20th... so long..
sad.gif
I think of bb everyday, wondering how bb is growing... really tempted to just hop into any of the gynae just to do a scan to see how bb is. Can we? does GP have that machine or have to go to Gynae.. hahaha... ;p

I have this patch that's at my lower back. it's v itchy and i scratched it. now it looks like a red ezcema patch (half of palm size), so ugly. dont know why, just that area itched.
sad.gif
Im waiting for 20 Aug to see gynae to see if she can give me any cream to apply.

Can I also ask.. I realise that my boobs are no longer as hard as before, seemed to have become softer. and my left one seemed to be bigger than the right one now. Is it normal?

hq: thanks. i'm watching my diet now. no seafood, no eggs.

cramps... i don't have. but i have this kind of feeling that is similar to having stitch? not sure if it is the same like yours. But i have it when I stand/walk too long.

Lush,
Normal for boobs to be different size.

Itch
I have an itchy patch on my left thigh too. Argh!!!

Gynae visit
Are u all on package already? If so... just find some rubbish excuse and pop down to see gynae for a scan lor. Haha...

Lush, don't scratch!! I started with one patch too... then it spread! apply some non-fragrance lotion suitable for sensitive skin over that patch. It'll ease the itch.

er... for all my pregnancies, my right boob is slightly bigger than my left. In fact, in terms of breastmilk supply, right one always more than the left. as for hard and soft. my still the same leh...

lush
think the scan machine only in gynae, not for GP.

no lei....the nurses have yet to ask if i wants to be on any package....

package : Not sure what are your charges per visit but I believe w/o package is expensive esp for private clinic, I signed up after 1st tri , although my gynae didnt mentioned I told the nurse and immd got $100 off the receipt for that day's check up/scan. so subsequent visit I only pay for vitamins if not then nothing unless need V-check or what.

Tulip... orrh.. will listen to you and try to stop myself. I just apply aloe vera, becos wasnt sure what i can or cannot apply. ;p

btw, for mummies who have experienced quickenings or movements already.. how does it feel like? I have this random twitches on my left tummy, but it's in the area that's above the navel. Gynae said that if it's so high, it's just wind. I get these twitches from time to time usually in the day time.. so it's not quickening ah?

ya.. the nurse also didnt ask me about any packages, she did ask me to book the delivery room already though.. at my next visit on 20 Aug.

gynae packages differs. Mine only start after week 16 and does not covers unschduled visits. So gotta pay separate if you go outside the gynae scheduled appt

me oso sign up the gynea package on my first visit..it does not cover unschedule visit..

HQ: toking abt cramps..duno yday i was too stress or wat..feeling crampy the whole day..in the end, i rush to gynae clinic late after to check..lucky everything is ok..gynae tell me to rest more..

yday at the scan, gynea was trying very hard to see the gender..bb was sticking its backside up...finally gynae said it could be a gal.. my boy is disappointed..cos he wanted a didi to play..

Out of curiousity, is there anyone here whose gynae didn't see the gender (ie. didn't see anything "sticking" out during the 12 wks OSCAR visit) and then finally can see a "bird" sticking out (boy) in their 16th weeks visit?

gyne packagaes - mine started the last appnt (week 12), but only covers scheduled visits. I think it would be the case for most of us, else the gynes would have tons of mommies making up reasons to go for U/S scans!
happy.gif

cutebaby - We didn't even try to look for anything at the OSCAR test (forgot, plus baby was still so small then)...& doubt my gyne would comment at my wk 16 visit this week. Would most prob have to wait till wek 20 like the last time round.

Meanwhile, think my tummy is now the size of a pea! Had fish soup for lunch & bloated now
sad.gif
Belly is still not too big, so many my insides are all getting compressed...argh.

MayC: You still look very slim from the fb pictures! My belly is huge.. everyone seems to say that my belly grew much bigger for this pregnancy.

Gynae Packages: My gynae packages started once heartbeat is detected. As long as I see my gynae at the clinic, it is covered. However, if there's emergencies and I need to see him at TMC.. it would not. So i thought it's quite cheap!

MayC: You still look very slim from the fb pictures! My belly is huge.. everyone seems to say that my belly grew much bigger for this pregnancy.

Gynae Packages: My gynae packages started once heartbeat is detected. As long as I see my gynae at the clinic, it is covered. However, if there's emergencies and I need to see him at TMC.. it would not. So i thought it's quite cheap!

tulip
your pregnancy rash, is it PUPPP? I had in the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy and it was really unbearable! I tried pinetarsol. it's got a strong smell but it's effective. can buy from guardian.

eczema
those mummies with eczema, you might want to try Cetaphil. I use it for my daughter - it's very mild and very effective.

scans
actually i read that scanning too often is not so good for baby. not that it is dangerous, but it is unnecessary exposure to radiation. in the US, pregnant mothers are only scanned a few times in their pregnancy. not that you should avoid scan, but only scan if it's necessary.

cutebaby
yes....i guess its possible cos it happened to my friend. so...so far if it had yet to confirm in the detail 5th month scan..

<font color="aa00aa">Dear mummies,

I remember sometime back on this forum, there was a weblink for us to order beansprout kernel pillows. Does anyone still remember the website to order these pillows? Would like to order 1 for this bb.
Thank you in advance! </font>

Finally i can get in here.

Nicky, Sorry, to hear that. Take good care of yourself.

Echo, yes, my friend only scan max 3 times in US. Congrats on having a baby boy. Now have 1 boy 1 girl le
happy.gif
I am waiting to my appt on 12 Aug. Hee hee.

Thanks Orny... my gynae told me on my 12 wks oscar that she cant see anything so probably is a girl. But she oso commented that it may be still "too small" to see...

chilipadi25, thanks. But i tink during the detail scan, the sonographer shld be able to cfm already although they will state in the report that it's "probable" a boy/girl.

tulip, i also have bad rash, think since the moment i got pregnant till now and the rash never goes off, it even spread, damn sianz

medicine and cream does not help and we cannot take steroids med, thus no choice, i leave it as it is. just cross finger it stop spreading.

now practically whole hand and leg had that, tummy a bit. but this rash won't spread to ppl only to myself, thus doc says must be allergy, but allergy to what i also dunno.

chrysalis, hello.
oh really? Usually the gynae wld be pretty sure of the gender if they didn't see a "bird" on the 16th wk visit. So, it does happen that the "bird" will appear after the 16th wk...
Is your gynae using a 2D or 3D scan on ur 16th wk?

Hi Jingles.
hahaha... No leh.. will he recommend??
u know what.. i saw my friend 3D scan from B.Tham. and its free cos his " fantastic" machine can scan 3D... LOL.. Make me tempted to ask him to scan for me free when baby is about to due. kekeke

jowinbaby
happy.gif

pls do...he wil do it for u...cos BTham is a super duper nice gynae...hahaha think i am overselling for him....hahahahahahhaaha
I heard from some of his ex-patients he got lobang lei...when he was in KK la..u try asking him on 12th?

KellyK - My belly is still relatively small, so I think that's why I am having indigestion...baby &amp; womb &amp; everything else is compressing the tummy! Hubby said I looked small for #1 too, up until about month 5-6, then belly suddenly got alot bigger
happy.gif

May - on the beansprouts pillow, u can get them from some places like Kiddy Palace actually. Alternatively, sew one yourself? Quite easy really...we did 2 for #1, one by hubby, one by me. Am thinking I might make one for #2 with the name once that is confirmed.

Meanwhile, am off to Hong Kong for work tomorrow, back Thurs nite. Sian!

cutebaby, it's those old 2D machine, haha...but we also saw no bird on week 16 as kid open leg...thus gynae says might be a gal, but will be confirmed again during detailed scan. he even indicate on the scan photo "Girl???"

and dunno why week 20 the bird is there so obvious, haha....

Chrysalis, hahaha...ur baby is so cute...maybe ur baby suddenly decides that he wants to be a boy!
happy.gif

U r in ur 20 wks now? When is ur due date?

Chrysalis, try applying non-fragrance lotion, like echo recommend cetaphil? Other brands like physiogel, sebamed, derma veen or QV are suited for itchy skin too.

No leh, I'm not having PUPPP. Abdomen was all clear of itch.

Snowwhite, thanks. Got time I'll go &amp; try out.

tulip7 I have tried all , I think best is Dermaveen- as it has oatmeal and that is the ingredient that stop itch, just rub till absord.

hihi, anyone signing or signed up for antenatal classes? u register with the hospital directly? do u sign up before or after u've booked the delivery room? not sure how to go abt booking the delivery room or signing up the antenatal classes.. no advise from gynae or her nurses so far..

Receptionist fr clinic booked delivery rm for me. They asked me last wk when I went for Oscar at 13th wk n I just received a confirmation SMS tt delivery booking is confirmed. But I'm not sure tis msg is sent by clinic or hospital... 1st time got tis.. Antenatal class if I recalled correctly check the hospital website for dates usually take ones fr mid 2nd tri.. Abt 6 lessons.. Think will skip tis time.. Dig out old notes to read!
happy.gif

thanks hkbaby &amp; overthemoon!

overthemoon, have u booked your delivery room? usually the antenatal class will be cheaper if u've already booked your delivery room with them or signed up for the FBI/SBI program.

I'll probably be taking classes at Mt A since my gynea seems to prefer delivery at Mt A over TMC (not sure why, but her nurse repeated that "gynae PREFERS Mt A" 3 times).. anyone got experience with antenatal class at Mt A? any comments? what's the process like ah?

morning mummies.
jac
i will be signing up the antenatal classes and gym ball class in KK pretty soon
happy.gif
delivery room yet to booked lei...so far no one asked. Neither gynae or nurse

Jac: I've signed up for antenatal classes with TMC's Mrs Wong since she's the most pro-breastfeeding. My classes are starting later though, mid Oct-early Nov when I'm in my month 6+-7+ weekday evenings. Although I expect myself to be bigger and heavier during my third trimester, I also think that learning nearer to my delivery date would mean that I can remember the skills taught in babycare.

I've not decided on my delivery suite as my dr is moving to gleneagles and I'd like to discuss my delivery options with him on the date of my detailed scan.

Jingles: what do the antenatal classes in KKH teach and do they include practical, hands-on sessions?

mscarpediem

Its a total of 9 sessions. It splits into 1)pregnancy eg. nutrients and medications during pregnancy 2) labour and childbirth 3) nurturing your child. I heard from alot of mummies try to go during the 2nd trim as if not some exercises you wont be able to do during 3rd trim...cos they scared halfway go into real labour la...hahahaha...and I had seen pics of bb dolls in basins lo...so I guess there will be some practical.

morning ladies

nickynic: hugs! sorry for yr loss...

just went for my 16 week appt yesterday. sometimes i still forget am pregnant and the time just flies by focussing on my #1, work, etc. once last week i thought i felt my baby move but then no more so maybe i was wrong. feel like this baby very ignored, so cham. so i try to think more of it and involve my gal as well. even come in to thread and read about all the pregnancy symptoms and antenatal class also feel like quite disinterested. dunno if this is normal or not. scared later wait the baby feel unwanted.

re wong boiboi class

I did her class before. She is quite funny n the lessons are enjoyable. There will be practical lessons, eg how to swaddle, bathe bb. How to make formula milk, how to bf, how to latch on, how to breathe during delivery, etc.
There will be excercises for you n hb to do together too, n she will also teach hb to do some simple massages to massage you.
Not too sure if there will be any changes in her lessons coz I attended it in 2007...in my late 2nd tri.

re cold water,
have been drinking them all the time.. cant help it. The weather is killing me.

Back