(2011/12) Dec 2011

Me just bought one pack of Huggies ultra to try. And organix rice cereal, going to try rice cereal this weekends.

snowyotaru, for me most likely will stop after 6 month. Office do not have nursing room and no fridge too. Lousy place!

For now I always go to my MIL place to pump during lunch break. Few days ago my MIL told is not a good idea to breastfeed for long cause mummy anyhow eat. Sigh.. so discouraging. Now I've the bad feeling when trying to pump milk in her room.

Yoyosan.. Thank God tat my boy only gave me a slight bite n not clamp the whole nipple .. If not I b crying lol

But the slight bite is alrdy quite unbearable

Snowyotaru.. Dun stop if u can ;) jiayou!

Shirley .. I read somewhere b4 tat mummy's diet hv no direct link? But PD said tat a few percentage of wat we consume will still go into the bloodstream

Thus jus try to eat abit healthier if u can

And mayb take some supplement.. Like fish oil etc?

I'm trying to take them if I remb Lol

Curry,

Sat 7 or 14 July I m ok.

Ejunko,

Studio rental u think 2hrs good enough?

I prefer morning (10am-12pm or 11am-1pm?)

Snow,

Wat phlegm med from eys? Bo ying compound?

Long pants with covered toes,

Anyone know where to get, for 6mths & above?

Those cotton type, use as pyjamas mainly.

Infant size v easy to find, but now dun see it. I try market, shopping mall, din see. Any mommies come across pls shout. I wan buy for my ah gal. Outgrowing the current ones. Thanks!

Snow,

Din hear of this powder. Cos when my #1 has cough, they intro bo ying powder. Say infant also can take but reduce amt. Is ning hou powder good? Recommend by eys physician?

ace,

My girl only started recently, how do you make your boy drink enough then?

Also like to ask mummies here, if your babies has problem falling asleep? My girl needs to latch at night before she can sleep. At other times, she will cry and cry very hard, before she either accept milk from a bottle or be willing to latch. I dont know why she cry? 5 month olds can still be colicky?

Yoyosan, yes it's recommended n infant can take a small amt according to what they say. My boy only took a small dosage today and I can see the improvement already unlike the western medicine. Hope it's $ well spent.

Shirley: I use desitin everytime I change diaper. Never used powder before.

Snow: I think my moo moo function is gg to die a natural death anyway. Seem to be getting less and less milk. And my boy is more interested in solids than milk now so he doesn't want to latch very long. Sigh no point stressing myself out lah. He's 6mth already... So if can go on bf I will, but if have to switch to total fm, guess it's ok also...

Ace, I read too that what mummy doesn't really affect the milk nutrient. I do try to take balance of meat, veggie and carbo. Also take supplement pills. My MIL is the one keep offering bad food to me and I have to keep telling her I don't want because I'm breastfeeding. ** just venting my unhappiness **

Tangerine, my supply is still ok. Just that, all the washing n sterilizing n waking up to pump tire me out n the fact that I can't stay out for long make me want to give up bfing in exchange for a more free less stress motherhood life now. I am also fine in giving fm. Looking at the examples around, I don't think it is always true that a breastfed baby is healthier than a baby who drinks fm.

Studio Outing:

Venue: Sin Ming Lane, Midview City

Suggested dates: 7 / 14 / 21 / 28th of July

Suggested time: 10am - 12pm / 11am - 1pm

For those who wish to join, kindly state your preferred date and time, and who is coming along, so that i can forward to the studio owner.

e.g.

1) ejunko (2A + 1C) 7th July, 10am.

There is a min of 2hours booking. So total will be S$70. There is a food court and a restaurant at level 1. The place is quite spacious, got bed, sofa, dinner table and toilet (can view from my FB album - Make yourself at home). Kids will have space to play around, just that have to watch over the equipments and wirings. We are welcome to arrange the furnitures if needed for photoshoot, we just need to move them back in place before we leave can le. Oh and maintain cleanliness lah.

OH and please bring own cameras. Those with DSLR bring along k? =)

My girl has been having fever and cough since yesterday. Initially we thought its from the vaccinations but seems like she caught the viral flu from both my hubby and I. We were down the last week, but tried to keep away from baby and even slept in different rooms. But looks like she still kena. Anyway her fever has been up and down, yesterday morning 38.5, last night 37.5, this morning 38.5 again. We already saw pd yesterday and got the meds, but I'm worried about her fever. When should I bring her to the pd again? When the temp how high?

hi all, im a mummy from Dec'10.. jus want to comment about this company and hope no one sign up with them.

i signed up with Prestious Solutions on Aug'11 and have been there for about 5times. Mine is do the peeling type too. Super super REGRET!!!

On the 3rd time, my face gotten worse. So the 4th time when I go back, they said my face very dry. So recommend me to top up $60 for this oxygen spray to have more water on my face. As I thought my face was really bad, so I took up the option. During my 4th visit, when I was in the room, I still heard someone shout saying she didn't see the effect. Their treatment no use.

On my recent visit on 31/05/12 @ 2pm. I not sure what's the manager name who was servicing me got very bad service. She wore black suit. When I was doing my facial, the beautician starts to sell their product (mask). Saying that my face is very dry and need to water-based mask. Which I mentioned earlier, during my last visit, the beautician also said that my face is dry and suggested the Oxygen spray and I tried it. But this time I told the beautician that I am not interested. So without convincing me, she gotten her manager to analyze my face. I did my facial halfway and was told to wear the bathrobe and go to another room.

In that room, the manager analyzed my face and said it's dry that's why they recommended the mask and she also recommended me to take up extra package for this treatment for paying extra $660 for the rest of my 6sessions. I told her the reason why I don't want to take up the package and saying my face was dry is because of the pigmentation being done at the end of each treatment. The pigmentation process is to lighten my face mark and will cause peeling and hence my face will be dry. My question to her is in the first place when I first signed up for my current package, I was given a face analyze as well, right? So why in the first place, the water treatment wasn't recommend to me? Since the pigmentation effect is peeling and will eventually cause my face to dry. I don't want to take this 1 time or 6 times treatment because I felt cheated. I signed up the package and now being promote other stuffs and to pay extra. The manager said face condition may change so now then they recommend this package and she even use cancer patient as an example. But in my view, I thinks I still thinks that shouldn't it be recommend to me in the first place and if pigmentation is going to make my face peel till it will be dry, I would take up the pigmentation and my package can be reduce and I believe this add on package will not surface. And an example of cancer patient is way to serious comparing to doing facial. I told the manager that I won't neither take up the package by paying extra money nor using my current package to convert. I think I made myself very clear by repeating it at least 5times or more for not interested in what she recommended.

As I was actually rushing for time for another appointment at 5pm and told her about it, she did not stop selling and said she will tell the beautician to do the remaining facial treatment the faster way. I am surprised by her answer! Over here, she is saying is because of my skin condition, she wanted to recommend this package to help but on the other hand, being my existing package, she said will tell the beautician to do the faster way because I am in the hurry. Despite of stop the selling session which I have told her that I am not interested and continue with my treatment, she rather spend more time convincing me to buy. She asked why I don't want to sign up the package and I have explained her again and again (which I said earlier at least 5times) but things just simply didn't get into her head. I raised my voice slightly higher because I was very pissed off as what I said are plainly ignored. I did tell her too that I am not a rich person and every cents I spent, I need to consider hence, also not interested to take up the package. I told her maybe she can write on their customer card that I am a difficult customer and not to promote me any items/treatments. She said they can't do that and will continue to sell me for my remaining 6 sessions. In my heart, I was thinking what kind of professionalism she or her Company is showing me?? Firstly, my decision is not being respected and was being ignored. Secondly my current package was told to be done in a faster way because I am in a hurry. I told her when I first signed up for the package, I was happy and was thinking to recommend to my friends. But now, I don't think so because the service provided was simply BAD! She said it's ok if I don't recommend. They no need my recommendation. Wow!! I was once again surprised for what a good customer service she is showing me. After all the unhappiness, I went back to the treatment room.

I monitored the remaining process since she said will do it a faster way. Indeed, things was done a faster way. The mask that was put on my face last for less than 20mins. Usually when I do mask, it was at least 30mins. When doing the pigmentation (putting the solution), I not sure whether is it the same solution used. The reason why I said so is because for the past few sessions, I experienced painfulness and by was told by the beauticians that it's normal. But this time round, it isn't painful at all. So I thought it may happen after a while but it didn't. And there isn't sunblock applied on my face too. Usually the beautician will either just apply or ask me whether I want to apply or not. But this time round, the beautician did not ask me. Looks like saying that I am in a hurry, things have really gotten shortcut and having double standards. Firstly, process are being expedite and secondly, solution used are different.

I write in to complain as well. But not sure they will reply or not. Seriously bad attitude & service. Not professional at all.

ejunko - can i hv the link to ur FB pix? wanna check out studio! hee!

last night i fed bb twice and both times she merlioned the milk out - had to bath, change my clothes, her clothes, bedsheets, dunno if its the sip of champagne i drank at wedding [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

snowy,

glad to hear that, my girl still has phlegm as well.. oh eu yan sang sells med for phlegm? how muchie?

yoyosan,

i bought those pants from john little at marina sq. not much designs though.. only pink, white n blue. but quite cheap.

cookie,

my girl has issues falling a sleep too. i need to carry n pat her until she falls asleep then i'll put her in her sarong.

re: food we eat affects bm?

errr... i just anyhow eat whatever i like leh.. hahahaa!

Studio Outing:

For those who wish to join, kindly state your preferred date and time, and who is coming along, so that i can forward to the studio owner.

e.g.

1) ejunko (2A + 1C) 7th July, 10am.

2) curry (1A + 1C) 14 Jul, 11am

Studio outing,

Ejunko, since u r our liaison w the studio owner, we definitely need u to be around ya? So the gathering date n time would hv to be the one u can, and the rest of us would fall in place w ur date n time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

No point we ding-dong around and later u can't. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ccs,

U just saw pd yest ya? U bring today the pd also can't do anything but to ask u take medication. Monitor. Sponge ur bb to see if temp can bring down?

Curry,

Got bigger size like 6mos and above?

Ejunko,

So u mean all 4 dates, both timings u ok la?

I see ur eg. u put only one date n time, so tot tats ur avail. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Studio outing

1) ejunko (2A + 1C), 7 July, 10am

2) curry (1A + 1C), 14 July, 11am

3) yoyosan (2A + 2C), 7 or 14 July, 10am

No lah, e.g mah lol. Im pretty flexible, just that i duno if the studio got slots or not, so lets list the ones you guys preferred for now and let me check it out. Should not be a prob since its still 1 mth ahead.

If not we can always book another studio lol

Yoyosan, ya brought to pd yesterday. But I thought if fever too high have to bring her in and maybe they can give suppository? Heard that it will help to bring the fever down faster. Now her fever still up and down, and she's super grouchy!

I never apply anything on bb's butt coz my frd's pd said not necessary unless got rashes. She's been using pampers, huggies ultra & mamypoko. Huggies quality drop after changed packaging. Not so absorbent now & sometimes will leak.

Does your baby fuss a lot b4 sleeping? Previously my girl will doze off after milk. Now she will make a fuss before sleep. Headache leh, 3x a day make noise to sleep. 5-6x a day cries for milk but spilt the 120ml into 2 instalment at each feed. Rest of time cry to be carried or be by her side while she plays. Getting quite fed up with her. Maybe sahm isn't right job for me.

Ace,

I intro Happy Belly brown rice cereals to Zac since Sat and he seemed to enjoy it. I must admit it smells weird. Haha. Thinking of introducing veg to him next.

RE hair loss

My hair had been dropping like crazy too. Every morning wake up see many strands of hair on pillow and PJs, lots of hair after every hair wash and not forgetting the floor in the house filled with my hair too. My boy's clothes or hands will have a few strands of my hair too when I carried him. I really hope this phrase pass as soon as possible if not I need to get my hubby to buy me a wig!

Curry, it's $79 for a tiny bottle.

Usaginoko, my boy used to fuss a lot before sleep since birth. It only gets better recently. I understand what you mean. Really need a lot of patience with a baby, esp so with a fussy one.

Ccs, I usually call the pd first when my boy is unwell. That time he had fever on a sat nite, I page for the pd. then he advised me to give med, sponge and monitor temp for 48hrs. He said if temp remains high at 38 or above then bring to him. Anyway my boy recovered himself.

Btw someone asked me where to get 2nd hand exersaucer/jumperoo? I search craiglist, gumtree and SMH.

PJ: I bought Carter's PJ. Quite cheap and got pants with covered feet one, i thk up to 12mths. I either join SMH spree or my fren will organize one within our office.

Studio

4) SQ (2A + 1C) 14 or 21 July 11am

Ace: the cereal smells ok to me but I didn't taste. My boy so far takes all the food we intro to him. Surprised that he eats spinach and broccoli without fuss.

Tangerine: oatmeal cereal is given once a day and rice cereal twice a day. Also give 1 cube of of frozen vege purée twice a day as well before cereal. His poo is more solid like play dough but didn't notice much difference with oatmeal cereal. Spinach seems to help him poo though.

Studio

5) Yi Chin (2A + 3C), 14 July, 10am

ccs, if the fever is viral, it will keep going up for 3 to 5 days. No need to worry unless it goes above 40 degree. Give panadol first, if temp does not go down in 1hr, give Ibuprofen. Temp will go up again after 6hr when medications wear out. Need to continue giving panadol +/- ibuprofen for 3 days or more until baby is better. U can also stick the fever patch on baby's forehead or sponge baby. I know it is very worrying when u are carrying a hot baby, but viral fever like that one, temp will keep going up after the 6 hrs of medication is over.

我回來了.... missing in action for sooooooooo looonnnggg!!

er... give me some time to read hor.... so much drama since last weekend....

briefly, Tessa kena LS over e weekend... scare e hell out of me... then TODAY, she fell from my mom's bed while i was expressing in my own room.... apparently she mus hv woke up on her own, play on her own & roll here n there until dived down onto e marble floor!!! worst ting no one witness how she fall... can only speculate..... haiz...

i m flying off tmr noon for my vacation.. now totally mood-less and no spirit to enjoy.........

until now haven pack my stuffs.... 死不死????? haiz... looks like tonite can be panda til morning........!!!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Studio

6) bubbles (2A + 1C), 21 July only (all weekends taken up), 10am or 11am

Studio Outing:

6) bubbles (2A + 1C), 21 July only (all weekends taken up), 10am or 11am

7) Annie (1A + 2C), 14, 21, 28 July (11am)

Ejunko: can enlighten me on what's gg to happen at the studio? Is it like we all bring own camera then use the studio equipment (lights, props, etc) to shoot our own bb/do group shots? Or are u providing photography services? Can't quite visualize it!

Yuet sim: think our boys are both foodies! Eat whatever we give! Now ethan's so into food that his mouth will open big big once he sees the spoon!

Yoyosan, I also bought pj for my girl from Carter's. Cheap (during sales) and good quality! Cute too! But I wanted to stop buying the pants w covered toes already, coz outgrow so fast! I think just norm long pants will do since she sleeps in a sleeping bag.

Wah Yuet Sim, ur boy is eating so much solid! I only give rice cereal once a day. To be fed at infantcare. No choice no time at night to feed another round of solids.

Yeah I also have the same problem of her not so interested in her milk anymore! Every feed have to be split into 2 installments! So angry!

Usaginoko, I can totally empathise with you! I feel guilty saying this but I actually feel quite happy to be back at work! Just went back this week!

I also going botak soon!!! Wonder when will stop!

I am using the Phyto shampoo and serum in hope of slowing down the hair loss. I read that our hair will be back to normal when bb is around 12 months! Cannot imagine that my hair will continue to drop so much for another few more months.

bubbles, hope your girl is ok after the fall.

Tangerine: Yes and no lol. We rent the space for our gathering, at the same time you guys can make use of the equipments there to take pics of your precious. So bring own cameras. I can take a few groups shots lah, no prob though.

Hi all, I have been a silent reader of this thread since my daughter arrived on 25 Dec 2011. Had been busy adjusting to motherhood and moving into our new house then back to work.

Just to share an experience of my daughter having a bad flu when she was about 5 months old. She had high fever of 39.5 degrees and the usual flu symtoms of stuffy nose, cough with phlegm etc and was hospitalised immediately. She was put on drip, nuebaliser, antibiotics, fever, cough and phlegm medication in hospital. Really breaks my heart then. When she was first admitted, her attempted cries and complaints (she starts blabering complaints since she's 2 months old)were without a sound as she also has sore throat and she was all weak from fever and slight dehydration.

When they tried to put her on drip, they could not locate suitable veins as hers were too small. She had needle marks on both her hands and feet. Finally, they located a small one on her feet, before she got too dehydrated.

I was also down with flu the 2nd day of her admission. Initially, we thought it was normal flu but lap report from my daughter's swap test shows that she had influenza A (virus infection) and bacterial infection. I got the same bug from her as well and had to have strong medication to cure. It took both her and me 2 weeks to be completely cured.

It was a heartbreaking, worrisome, tiring 2 weeks. I am sharing it here so that mummys here can take special care of ur bb when u have close caretakers of the bb falling sick from flu. My daughther got the bug from my FIL and my Dad.

It is always gd to be more careful and bring ur bb to ur pd when fever gets too high or does not subside after 1 hr of medication. The flu bug is really getting around very widely now.

She is all healthy now. Started her on Frisocream cereal since 4 months old and porridge when she recovered from her flu. She loved both and is now having 1 cereal + 2 porridge + 1 fruit feed + 700ml of FM a day. She no longer suffers from constipation, unlike when she was entirely on FM and is now enjoying very gd appetite. I think she is tired of FM and enjoys the new taste of different food.

We decided to go KK yesterday coz our pd was closed for the day already. Her fever was 39.8deg! Poor girl was so lethargic and grumpy.

Yi Chin, you are right, the fever really up and down. Doc also said will take a few days to clear. And they found 3 ulcers near the back of her throat, that's why she has been rejecting her milk. Must be painful for her to swallow. Last time can drink 6oz at one go, yesterday she barely took 1oz at each feed. This morning was better, she managed 4oz.

Both my hubs and I feel so guilty for passing the virus to her. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] So we're all grounded for the weekend. Hopefully baby gets better soon.

Anyone keen in renting a fisher price jumperoo? I just rented one on 4 June. My boy likes it so I started searching for a second hand one and happened to find one quickly. So now I don't need the rented one. If anyone's keen to "take over" the rental, I'll pass to u for $35. The rental is up till 4 July. It's the Precious Planet series. Can google for pics. Pm me if interested!

My gal for last few nights had refused to sleep after waking for her middle of night feed. Again. Is this some sleep regression thingy?

I m so tired. Pls tell me I m not alone in this issue...

Yoyosan, if yunrui does not fall asleep after her night feed, I'll put her in the yaolan and turn on the motor. I don't know how long she takes to fall asleep after that, cos I KO already.

Ccs, hope ur girl's temp has gone down by now! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hwee ping, u put meat or fish in the porridge 4 ur girl?

Back