(2011/11) Nov 2011

Oh ya kiam kiam i am using medela

Pisa pump and heard that it suction is same as bb suction so hopfully it is true n it increase my supply

Just got discharged and reached home with baby Ariel. She keep crying on and off. Hope she will be more settled down later [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Still trying total breastfeeding but so heart pain to see her go hungry cos i gt no colostrum yet.

Everyone jiayou!

Bunny,

Jia you, think bb really need time to accomodate the new env after coming out from our womb.

My bb gal until now still adjusting, sometimes even after feed, she cannot sleep well or want some more milk. Not the other time like my son, after feed will definitely sleep one.. ya, very confuse as when she not slp, she can have more feed even just an hour or so.. but after she slp through, can be 3 hrs type. Sob, when bb cry more, need to take care they will easily get wind in the tummy too...so will be even more cranky after tat, pls take care and we all jia you on moo moo club yah...

Hey enivi, I read somewhere online dat brocoli can cause wind in bb when I was researching on the cause of wind in bb... Apparently, cabbages n beans / bean-type veggies will also Hav the same effect.. ;))

Serene, ur CL very Enjy life! My CL very poor thing in comparison.. My flat is a EM... She need climb up

N down everyday and sometimes need bring a big Paul of herbal water for me to bath .. Then she will voluntarily do housewks like sweep/mop both floors, clean my windows, etc, which I told her dun need but she still do anyway... She even help wash my 3 toilets, abeit not very thorough kind, but still tiring for her.. Then everytime my mil comes, she need cook this cook that as instructed by my mil n at night she will take care of my bb fully with my ebm .. Until that day she asked my buy yoko yoko for her... I told her must rest during daytime but she dun listen ;(( ... I will give her big Ang pow when she leaves ..

Bunny, congrats on bringing ur bb home! Welcome to motherhood !! U have anyone to help u take care of bb n cooking at home??

Awww..... I gave birth to my baby girl on 14th... C-sect.

Many emotional roller coaster rides... I was pretty happy in hospital actually. Baby eat, sleep, eat, sleep, so guai! Even if at hospital nursery, other babies crying, she continue to sleep.

I had some problems feeding breast milk initially, but got better by the 3rd day. Baby suckles well, but was unsure if supply was enough. 4th day went home, fed baby with BM for 45 minutes. Then she fell asleep. By then my in-laws came and in-law aunt came too. They carried her then no sooner she started crying. They kept saying baby was hungry but I kept thinking she latched on for so long, how can she be hungry?

In the end, gave in and hubby went out to buy formula. I cried, cos i felt very irritable by their comments. Many times, I wanted to give up breast feeding, cos of all the comments by these relatives - baby still hungry lah, breast milk too diluted, blah, blah, blah. But my hubby refused to let me give up. And my naughty baby only want to latch-on my left side. Right side, she will shake her head and struggle after 5-10 minutes. My right breast became super hard, so we had to quickly find a pump to get rid of that engorgement.

After 2 days of frantic search for sellers, researching and evaluating (all done by my hubby!), we bought the Medela freestyle. Although the PISA review was that the suction was more powerful, I prefer the pump to be more mobile, less bulky - more convenient to bring to work to pump next time. Anyway, I also didn't use the very high level suction for the pump, cos I scare pain. I rather pump longer, more comfort.

My c-sect wound mostly ok... But dunno y, my left side of d wound area (actually there's no cut there, just the dressing bandage) has a stinging pain when I stand or walk too long. Anyone can enlighten me regarding this?

So scare they left something inside the area during the operation!!

Ptsmallbear, congrats!!! ;))

For the stinging feeling, perhaps u wanna call ur gynae to ask? From Wat I heard so far, foreign objects left inside will result in abnormal menses flow.. But that is limited to cases I've heard so far.. To reassure ur fears, better consult ur gynae or a gp...

Hmm, mothers n mil/ relatives sure have things to say.. All these hurt the most cos it's concerning ur bb.. N at times they meant well but when they open their mouths, all the words they used sound so hurting ... ;(( dun be bothered by them, luckily u have got a supporting hubby... Fm or BM, as long as bb is healthy, doesn't matter.. Dun be too hard on urself! ;)

Most impt thing now is have good rest n nourish ur body properly ;)) .. Take care yah ;)

Bunny, Hehes, agar agar is better than ke kiang!! Lolx... Better that she's blur then u can tell her that dr says this dr says that.. Cos likelihood she will ask u follow her way.. ;pp anyway anything u dun know can always pop by here ... Alot of experienced mums sure will offer their advice ;))

Hi Bunny,

I am Sept 2011 mummy.. Here to aanswer your questions.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Passing out gas is normal.. it will last for almost a month..

It took me 10 days for my 1st motion this time round. gynae will prescribe a syrup to soften the stool.. i didnt take cos my stool is not hard. but for my #1 time it is very hard.. even taking the medicine..

Hi mummies, my edd is supposed to b 3rd dec but my cervix checkup states its already diluted by 2 to 2.5cm. Gynae wanted me to admit hospital the next day but I'm not prepared at all as I don't wish to be induced.

After cervix check, Gynae says its norm to bleed but how much bleeding is normal? Cos i am bleeding like e size of a donut.

I should b giving birth naturally and is thinking as long as my water bag is not burst with no strong contractions felt, I should be able to wait a few more days right? Hoping to hear some of your advices. Thanks!

My sis was also similar like u with red spotting and was induced too. Red spotting is also a labour sign plus yr cervix already dilated.

Bunny,

I pass on the 2nd day. Maybe it depend on individual deh.. after back home, you may try drink more red date and eat some fruits, my mil say apple can eat, other liang fruits dun take yah. And later you can eat with more vegi may able to urge the motion lo.

Ya, until now, I still pass gas quite a lot, maybe it's a process to reduce the wind in our tummy...

Nowadays I can pass motion for a few times in a day ler, as long not diarrhea I'm not so worry..

Fashionbabes,

Bleeding is already a sign of labour, just when the contration come is depend.Think need to see your gynae advise, so you dun really agree with him that to be induced at this moment? Maybe you can check with him what is the reason need to incude, as any risk now?

Dear all

May I ask

How do we clear the lumps when breastfeeding? My milk supply decrease quite abit but the thing is, i don't feel any lumps. Thats why i dont bother to massage too. How does lumps feels like? Some clots in the breast right? But I don't feel any lumps le

Bunny,

Passing gas is very normal, it helps to get rid of wind in tummy. I moved my bowels on 3rd day before I am discharged. The stool softener helps a lot n during confinement I ate lots of veggies n bowel movements are regular.

Fashionbb,

Why did yr gynae sugg induce?

Im overdue by a wk n cervix dilated 3cm le but gynae still allow me to wait as long fuild still aplenty, bb nt too big n bp still gd.... There is no reason y nid to induce even cervix dilated... Coz even dilated, it can still b quite sme time for labour to start....

Re spottg

If its lk menses flow then it d d day le.... If d spottg stops then it shld b due to the cervix chk which is norm...

Juz monitor if u hv regular contractn or nt...

Less n less mummies postg here...

All in fb le.....

Btw any mummies induce by burstg waterbag only?

I will be admittg on fri to burst waterbag if bb still refuse to cme out after 10days overdue... Im concerned if d induce will b successfully or nt....

Snow pear > I induced by bursting the water bag and also on induce drip.. I took 10 hrs to give birth as its my first bb..

hi snowpear,

i thk that was done for me. my waterbag leaked n when i arrived, doc said already 3cm. so decided not to induce. didn't have contractions.

they hooked me up to the drip then doc came to burst waterbag. however, i didn' manage to do normal delivery as baby's head too big (36cm). after 6 hours, barely dilated 1 cm. so had to c-sec,

Kiam n eeky,

Hmmm im startg to hv 2nd tots of gg in to burst waterbag coz i hope everythg will cme naturally wo any interventn n d fact tat i hv waited so long n refused to b induce n nw lk effort wasted.... My gynae noes that im very pro natural so she will only burst my bag n nt put drip... N let d contractn cmes naturally... But im worried tat burstg d bag doesnt wrk for me coz for my no 1 i thk my bag only burst or my gynae burst bag when im ready to push.

Hence abit worried nw....

snowpear,

i see. you are overdue already right? i think it may work so long as the baby's head isn't too big. otherwise, it will be a very difficult labour for you also.

jiayou and all the best [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

snowpear,

Wow you are overdue by a week already. Your baby really very comfy inside. I think your gynae sounds quite pro-natural as well, so can trust her advice, then decide for yourself. But I remember during my antenatal classes, the consultant Mrs Wong mentioned before that in her opinion, baby should not be overdue for more than a week.

Just spoke to a gf, her gynae suggested induce for her at 36wks for a very weird reason leh - says that better to induce early cos first time mummy will panic when waterbag burst and so better to planned out the timing of baby. I was like huh, liddat also can ah? Quite risky mar, if induce unsuccessful need to c-sect also. Weirdz...

Didn't log in online yesterday cos it was a disaster - my neighbor started renovating his place, super super noisy, and I was forced to stay outside for most part of the day booohooo... So stressed, worried baby might come anytime and was stranded outdoors alone with crampy feelings. Today smarter lah, escaped to my in-laws place for some peace and quiet.

My baby's movements are getting very restricted inside, she doesn't kick or move as often nowadays, should I be worried? Or maybe I just didn't take note so much now. Shall monitor abit more.

My no 1 also overdue....thk it runs in d family...

Eeky,

Did u had a diff labour?

Cyn,

my gynae was surprised too... Till nw my fluid still alot n lot of space for bb to move....

Hw many wks r u? Yes u shld monitor bb movement... Muz hv 10 movements within d day... But u shld noe bb pattern also... If bb always movg at a specified timing n if din move much no matter hw u shake yr tummy then best to go in n chk...

My boy is usu very quiet in d day n only move betw 9-10pm haha....

Duno hws little bb... She is also overdue for a wk le....

snowpear,

I'm at 39wks+ already. Another couple more days full term liao. Yeah, me also know her pattern quite well - quiet during the day and more active only when mummy going to bed at night =P Just that really can feel her movements very restricted now, poor thing. But still dun wanna come out!

Yeah didn't hear from little bb oso, maybe already good news by now!

snowpear,

i dunno if it was considered difficult. i wasn't on epidural... only the gas. so i think by the time my doc saw me after they'd put me on drip for around 6h, she saw i was super tired.

so she said so poor thing, all tired out already and confirmed the c-sec procedure.

Eeky,

When on drip, was d contraction very intense throughout or gradually build up?

Coz i was hoping to do wo epi too hence very relunctant to b induced... Coz i know induced d contractns r very intense.

took a while to set in... but i dunno if it was cos the lying position isn't very conducive, later i was very dependent on the gas.

funnily enough, when they pushed me out to wait to go into the OT, it must have been at least half hour, and i was outside without it, it didn't feel half as bad (painful) anymore.

my contractions were actually around 1.5-2min apart, just couldn't dilate no matter what.

Serene Lim,

So, u let ur girl start pacifier so young? Hmm... I think i started my son pacifier when he was around 3 months old. Then hv problem weaning him off. Only managed to wean him off few months ago b4 he hits 2 yrs old.

Dunno if i should start the young bb on pacifier, so tat he no need to latch on to suck so often.

Shirley,

My boy oso started when he was 4 days old n he stopped taking by himself when he was less than 12 mths. No choice if not our nipple will be the pacifier substitute.

All mummies,

Do u have this prob? I have been pumping every 3 hrs but the breast still very full and lumpy. What should i should?

I saw on little_bb's fb, she in hospital now... So, it's her turn!! =)

Cyn, left me and u! hahahaha!! I will be 39 weeks tomorrow! And will go for my gynae check up tomorrow..

Baby move very random timing... Should say whole day ba.. He can skip to the left.. Then skip to the right of my tummy.. Then my tummy will bulge up as if his buttock is there.. hahha!!

I read on book, the pacifier thing right, can give bb if needed. But if baby sleep and the pacifier drop off their mouth, don't put back if they didn't make noise.. This will reduce their dependency on pacifier. Also, once they start teething, must try to help them get rid of pacifier, orelse will affect the growth of their teeth.

Serene, must try to massage real hard to 'break' the lumps (can be very painful) ... Some mommies will put hot towel over the breasts b4 pumping... For me, I realized I always hav milk blister (white spot on nipple) leading to engorgement.. Wat I did was to use a safety pin to prick the blister before pumping...

For mummies who success to build up the milk, how you do that? Need any supplement to help?

I try eat lots of fish for every meal, but milk supply on my day 9 is about 30~40mls each time pumping. My gal take about 60mls FM now.. so not enough of my BM, will try latch on her day time too..Thks.

Fynn,

Yeah it's about her time liao lor haha.... Happy for her. Yup we can have a contest to see whose baby is more slow to crawl out lol...

Tmr's my checkup oso! Bet my gynae will tell me to wait again until overdue... bleah...

hi all just to update. plan csection suppose on 2211 but on 1611 went ck and blood pressure went up and doc suggest to csection on the date.

bb pop at 36+ wk and weigh 2.87kg. seems much smaller than jiejie who weighs half kg more. so far so gd for bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

today went for 1 wk ck up and he has slight jaundice, just need to bring him for some morning sun and shld be fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bring him out for morning sun but need to put some sunblock lotion for newborn to protect bb's delicate skin ba.. =)

Cyn, as days goes by, the pain and cramps on my tummy getting worse.. Just now got piercing pain also near towards my bottom.. aRgh!! Want to cry liao..

Fynn,

Not in direct sunlight. Just stay indoor, open window or door where the sun in direction, but is a 1-2meter away from the sun...cover their eyes with wet gauge..10mins max front,10mins back.

Cynn

Soon to be ur turn, I think will be this friday on edd...heehee..jia you.

Felixp

How to break those lumps?? I massage very hard Liao, but my pump out is only 30ml for day 6... Feel so little...I think I have clogged duct and blister...I ask the nurse, they say dun prick...just apply our BM...

Hi,i had gave birth to a healthy boy yesterday night via csection.Had 24hrs of labour before having csection.It was a terrible experience..Now i have to seek advices from

Csection mums as i din expect i wil have to csect.How long the wound heals & when can i get up to walk.When im free will share with u mummies my labour.its a nightmare.

Felixp- pd did not give ridwind. Is tat a brand similar to Woodward gripe water? Can buy off counter or need prescription?

Bb did not vomit for 2days. Perhaps it's d fm tat is hard for her to digest. Pd says Bm is easiest to digest n d best so workin harder these days to pump n Bm increase. Still need supplement wi 1fm. Switch fm to similac total comfort as per pd suggest too.

But not sure if pump too hard or used a smaller shell. My aerola peeling now n is Showin raw skin n ive skipped my 3am pump session. Super painful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hope recover soon then can resume d schedule.

Jean- wow bb Yvette can suckle for 20min?! Mine aft 5-10min zzz liao n refused to wake up. Similar to edazz bb, kept dozen off aft a while. Lucky now hv cl feed her my ebm. Hope she can suckle longer as time goes else aft cl gone then I how.. Oredi super lack of sleep n pek Chey.

So nice nurse gave u 1carton! How many tins inside? My nursery nurse only gave me 2tins :/. N how many glass botl u managed to get?

I oso pump aft I latch to 'empty' d breast so will hv Bm.

Bunny n fion-congrats! Welcome to our club n let's share more!

Cyn n fynn- do update us ur checkup later today. Excited for both of u to join our club! Snowpear too.. Hang in ther!

Serene/edazz- I oso find pumpin easier than latchin as mine only suckle 5-10min max. If eveytime latch on I'll

B more sleep deprived..

Evelyn/jean- when we talk abt supply is both breast total rite? my supply abt 60-80ml each pump, both breasts on day 7. Other than fish every meal I oso hv soup every meal which I drank all. I oso drank Lotsa red dates tea. If u dun like so much of d tea, any fluid will do. But accordin to notes from tmc pre natal class red date tea will boost milk supply. 1 of my Gf swear by green papaya fish soup. My dad managed to buy n so far I had 4meals wi d soup. Hope Tis helps..

Hubby- mummies, how many days leave did ur hubby took? Other than labour day n 2days I in hosp he took leave, he only takin 1 more Tmr. N told me cannot take till 15th dec. I'm

Like 'huh?' I in confinement so xin ku n hv to endure wi my mum cos of her temper n stricter rules than cl then he's not even here? Mum temper is 1 kind... She gets irritated easily n when talk like wanna pick fight wi me. I feel she is doin confinement n not me cos i still gotta give in to her. Ytd I can't endure anymore n started to shout bk at her n we fight 3x ytd. I immediately called my dad to complain cos tats wat she likes to do too. I Muz b like her n call dad n aunts to complain n clarify else I feel v yuan Wang cos she also twist stories to her advantage n make me in bad light. I'll continue to keep up my stance n fight with her n no longer hide in my room n cry. Its either fight or cry.

I Juz finished pumpin.. Finally can zzz now. Talk to all mummies n MTb later...

Sry for d super long post... Haven't logged in for so long n hv plenty to update n reply!

Congrats little bb!! Finally n welcome! Am sure c sect mummies will help u. So proud n happy tat our nov thread so active n helpful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jean, I literality hammer my breasts with my fists to break the lumps; did it for abt 5-10 mins till the lumps were broken up into smaller lumps... For the milk blister, yah I think most wld recommend not pricking n let it go off by itself.. U sure urs is a blister? Essentially it's milk trapped in the ducts due to a layer of thin skin growing over it so resulting in engorgement.. Immediately I used the safety pin to prick, milk started flowing n engorgement oso lessen.. Up to you bah, but be careful not to prick too hard n be sure dat it's really a milk blister n not something else ;pp

Littlebb, congrats!!! Pls rest well! I have csect too! Can get off bed the next day n must really try to walk abt so dat it will be less painful n get better soon... May want to put on binder to lessen the pain .. Rest well !!

Iselle, I got the rid wind from the polyclinic pharmacy; it's e bb's version of gripe water.. Apparently I can't find it at kiddypalace, Watson nor guardian... Definitely dun need prescription..

My hubby only took 4 days of leave as he has limited leave... Sometimes no choice, hav to than w/o hubby around.. Even if he's around, also can't really do much cos much of the time I am unhappy abt his mum n he's kiap in betw loh ... ;(

Fynn,

Oh dear, take good care! My contractions recently comes with pain in pelvic area, but lasts only for awhile. This morning feels worse while I walked out to eat breakfast. But now come back ok liao =P Do move around more often when you can, it helps to open up cervix more and easier labour.

Little bb,

24hrs of labour?? *sweats* You deserve a good rest. Congratulations!

Just found out from my mum that me and my 2 siblings were delivered via c-sect, and all 3 of us were chubby babies - more than 3kg. I never knew that, only thought my youngest bro was c-sect. Now then realised how xin ku it was for her. Err oso hope her situation is not heredity...

Thanks for all the support mummies! Shall update more when I'm back from my checkup in the afternoon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Little bb,

congrats. u can walk today already. the nurse will make sure u walk by this afternoon. the first step is difficult, but it'd get better. move around slowly but try to move about as it'd be more beneficial. get someone to help you the first 2 days.

externally, the wound doesn't take very long to heal. mine took couple of days. now it's still a little scabby, but not raw.

internally, it's a different story. at least 2 mths ba? even now, i feel internal is a bit tender to touch from outside stomach.

jiayou [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back