(2011/10) Oct 2011

Hi Winny,

Please feel free to call yeah.It will be easier to clarify any doubt of yours [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my baby usually poos 3-4 times a day but she didn poo yesterday... she is 5weeks+ now, any mummy experience the same.

Pofy: i nod ur baby highest record is 6 days bt he is like tt from the first day or is sometimes poo, sometimes dun poo....

Rejoy28

When he came back fr hospital stay he was on antibiotics which made him have loose stools. After completion of antibiotic he started tis 5-6 days poop cycle. It got me worried so I ask pd. He say it's ok. No need to poop everyday. As long as soft stools so u hve to monitor. I read up other threads in forum I m not the only one. Some mummies also face same issue n brought bb to pd. Pd said same thing n tat bb is absorbing the nutirents wo? My pd didnt say tat jus said it's ok.

Lucas_b,

thank you! I have signed up for medishield via the return lettr from government. I store your number for future assistance. Now I am waiting to see what they will revert with.

for the insurance, i check with AXA, Prudential, GE, etc, you name it we would have checked. Its like a plague. Once they know you have been hospitalised they all dare not take up. I was very sad when it happened and then the cordblood rejection brought back the sad feelings.

I currently don't want to revisit this issue as they all told me 6 months later they will contact me. now i just concentrate on feeding baby well and hoping all goes well. thank you very much for the helping hand and advice.

Pofy,

Thank you for your advice, i shall monitor again.. got abit worried cause usually she poos at least 3-4x a day and sometimes is alot....

Nowadays my bb wouldn't sleep. Sometimes even carrying her doesn't help. Any mommies experience the same? It pains me when she's crying so hard and I'm helpless. She has dark circles already.

Sweetsnow: my bb has dry n flaky skin too. Brought him to see pd yesterday n she said it's ok. Told us to apply moisturizer. She gave us cetaphil intensive moisturizer cream. I'll monitor for a few weeks n see if it gets better. His condition is quite bad. Peeling skin all over his body n tighs. Think you can try applying moisturizer on your bb n see if it's better. If not, better consult a pd to get a peace of mind.

Adele,

I applied hazeline snow. Today is day 2 and I can see patches clearing up, so I'll continue using it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I brought bb to polyclinic today regarding the lump near the hip. Doc say need to refer to PD Surgeon. Appt is at KK but in feb! Need to call KK if they have an earlier slot [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Pofy,

That means u had tried to upgrade but fail ?

No problem.. Just hope that everyone can get what it will benefit them so will not get caught up with financial difficulties in any bad situation.

Yeap you may wait maybe 6 months later, otherwise insured your child with higher sum assure in term for critical illness etc ..

does anyone knows how much the malay massage lady will charge if ask her come back again just to massage clear blocked ducts? i had the one week massage during confinement but that was full body with binding, and it was $50 each session. not sure if i have to pay $50 also if only clear blocked ducts?

Yup. I also did some research . Before preg I doesn't have . My 1st baby I nv have problem 2nd preg than wake up than find it at my side of breast. Tot after bf can help but maybe never breast feed hard enough and nobody tell me how to clear. You know how to clear is been so long le.

This is my 1st time having this problem. Nobody help me or guide me. Too scare to ask doctor. Breastfeed bb for 2 months only as nobody help me bring elder son to pap so no choice to stop it.

Any idea who to call or check to clear it.

Winny

My BB on n off won't slp during wee hrs at nite.. at some nite he can be awake for 6-7 hrs nthg help.. even if he dozed off while carrying, he would wake up once i put him back to his cot.. else will cry n scream aft some time.. I also dunno wat to do..

Liao CindyEng,

if you really no 1 to ask, you can ask my masseur. V nice malay lady, Mdm Emmy, hp 96964578.

She did my post natal massage and helped me clear my engorged breast then. 1 of my breast was hard like stone, and it took a few days for her to massage.

Hi,

Any mummies gave up breastfeeding??

I'm so sad, I need to give up breastfeeding as I'm going back work soon. Today, i will reduce expressing of milk to twice.

I'm sure my supply will low.. Nw I'm producing around 800ml per day..

So far, any mummies here oso same like me, pumping only twice per day??

I think drop of supply will be inevitable once we go back to work. I foresee that at work I will not hv the time to pump and will miss my pumping schedule. Plus the stress at work will definitely affect my supply. I'm just hoping I will hv enough EBM to store now to last til my bb is at least 6months. I target to bf til bb is 1yr old but I'm not confident to achieve.

My pump is bulky, if I can maintain supply when back to work, then I'll invest in a 2nd hand medela pump for office use.

Any mummies intending to sell their medela freestyle pls let me know

Hi! I'm not sure if I'm going to give up bf. I do not have so much milk supply so I always ve to top up with fm and I do not like to express milk as nipples will become very sensitive. I'm not sure if it's just me or all mommies face the same.

I'm using medela freestyle. You can drop me a pm with ur contact number. I'll contact you if I'm selling.

Yes my nipple also very sensitive. Thus I applied lots of nipple cream.

Some moments during pumping session I also feel like giving up. Usually I will on tv or play my fav music or stand when I pump. Mummies, any more ideas to make our pumping session more enjoyable?

Hi sweetsnow,

I have medela freestyle.. Bought via spree.. It's US model.. if u want to get it, pm me.. I bought at sgd 450 originally.. I will sell it to u cheaper..

Hi huishan,

I also feel like giving up., but it's seem a waste for me as I'm producing sufficient milk for my son.. Hai.. But I really have to reduce as I'm too tired.. Need to take care my gal, baby l, cook and of course do housework.. I really need to rest lor...

Normally, I pump when my hubby n gal ard.. I will talk to them and i feel better..

Jojo,

I wanted to pm you but u dun accept pm. You can email me at [email protected] to tell me how much u willing to let go your medela freestyle. Can tell me what you will include and how long you've been using?

As u know it'll be my 2nd pump for the purpose of bringing to work, so my budget quite tight

I thought of giving up as I do not have sufficient Bm I think and my bb can feed every 2 hours and I don't think my Bm "replenish" so fast. Most imp, In the end bb dun get her rest and I get stressed. In a dilemma now as my good fren has been asking me not to give up but there are so so many out there not drinking Bm and growing up well and healthy.

I ever tot thinking up as well cos a bit lazy to carry e pump n my office no room to pump so need to pump on toilet.. but since alr bot e pump n since EBM is gd for BB think i shall con'd till he's 1 yr old if I can. Tat is if my supply can maintain if really not much to express by e time I'm back probably i'll give up no pt stress myself also..

Hi everyone

My baby girl will be coming to two mths next week. This week she is very cranky. We usually pat her to sleep n once she falls asleep and after whichnputting her into her cot bed or her rocker to sleep didn't used to be a problem. But this week whenever we tried to put her to bed after she dozed off seems totally impossible.

She will lie asleep fr less than 10mins n wake up crying and thevwhole cycle will just repeat itself again. I seriously do not know what is happening. Is this a shift in her sleep patterns ???

Any mums having same problem??? Experienced mums out there, tips to share??

Hi hoppy! Same as my bb! I do not know what to do. Now I dread the tot of night is coming as I know I could not sleep. Same here I do not know what to do.

Hi creamdonut, nope not tried yet.

Hi hoppy and winny

My girl also will wake up almost instantly once she is put down. Nowadays have to let her sleep on chest for an hour! Luckily my parents are around so we take turns.

My elder boy also had this problem so I think it is common. We solved it by putting him in sarong. But I am still considering this time.

Ya I let her lay on my chest but I'm very tired and I always nod off. Then I try to put her back to her cot but she's such a light sleeper, if I'm lucky then I'm successful. If not, then she screams.

My girl oso needs to be carried for 1hr plus at times to slp or else will wake up once you put her down. Even rocker don't work.

She's been waking up around 4am and refuse to slp for 1-2hr. Recently she even want to play when she wake up at 4am!!!!

Lump - tml I will call KK hospital to see if they hv anyone who cancelled their appt in Jan so that I can bring forward my appt. I noticed that the polyclinic doc indicated on his referral letter that the urgency of the referral is "routine". But as a mum, how can a lump in your baby be routine!!!!! Even if its jus a cyst, a simple surgery on my barely 2mths bb is not "routine"!

Wish me luck to bring forward my appt!

Back