(2011/10) Oct 2011

Hi Winny, Adele and Viv, it happened again tonight. Bb wants to suckle very badly. I have no choice but gave in. In the end he was over fed and throw up the milk. Try cuddling, rocking and singing to him but all doesn't work.

I'm also going to try out yao lan to see if it works. Actually also didn't want to give him yao lan cos heard not good for spine.

Hi Mummies,

Congrats on your littie bundle of joy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yes, I have been reading a lot on confinement ladies posted in lots of threads in motherhood forum like auntie yawen, Sabrina and Aunty Fong . Also heard of ladies saying that some are jus advertising gimmicks.

Yeah since most of you have alreadly engaged a confinement ladies, I will appreciate if you can share your experience with confinement ladies. Like how much? And whether is she clean and take night feeds with baby etc?

Really appreciate your valuable sharing as too many posted in the motherhood forum thread Liao.

Thank you so much .

yaolan - my mum keep asking me to let him slp in yaolan cos can slp longer and the head will round round... i told her see how la..

suckle - i offer pacifier to satisfy his craving to suckle as he just had his milk. but also afraid will addicted to it and cause oral prob...haiz.

cleaning air - i use abit of bb baby to clean those stubborn dirt and it works

There was a time when my BB also treat me for pacifier! Aft 1 or 2 sucks he dozed off!

Simp

I also suspect tat BB is used to breastfeeding tat's y my BB wanna feed hourly. Cos previously whenever BB cries i'll jus feed to shut him up. Then when my hb saw BB seems to be wanting to feed even he has jus done so he'll ask to feed him agn! Now wanna practice prolonging his feeding time make sure he doesn't feed hourly.. if he fart or poo suddenly or v loudly then he'll cry.. sometimes think he jus wanna be carried cos whenever we put him down for changing he'll immed cry n scream till no voice.. when he wanna sneeze but can't sneeze he'll also scream!

Pacifier

My BB rejects it leh.. I rather he suck pacifier than to treat me as 1!

MnM,

I have similar exp w my boy too. I got to realize that he wants to be burp although he seems to be opening his mouth after feed. BB needs to be burp many times. My boy can drink, burp then go to bed. After 30mins scream and it's coz he is uncomfortable and wan to be burp again.

BB crying

JUst realized that my bb'stomach maybe cannot handle fm. Ijust give 1 x to 2x fm for nite feed and on days when I'm dry. Realised he farts a lot and cannot force out the stools. The stools are watery, soft yellow mustard but he just cannot poo as he wish. Realise maybe the nestle nan ha may be too heaty for him. When i changed the mid night feed to my ebm, he was able to pass stool 3x this morning. Hence i may dilute to half strength like 1.5scoops to 3 oz water milk instead of full 3scoops for 3oz milk water. Now i dun see him squeezing stool out face red. Tmw my cl leaving, think i prob just be human pacifier :p

I got the avent pacifier too. Tempted to give bb but not yet as i never give to my #1 too and dunnoe how to wean him off later on.

\Hi MnM,

i observed that when bb is tired and can't sleep she'll try to look for something to suckle and initially i'll always give her more milk but there are times that i managed to get her to ZZzz.

Giving more milk seems not right leh coz bb will be over fed.

Yesterday i tried to hold bb to my chest and pat her for 1 hr and she fell asleep. Prob no sense of sercurity bahz.

Hi Simp,

what FM are you giving? FM quite heaty so sometimes must give bb some water.

Initially my bb is drinking enfalac and her throat is so red and alot phlegm. Too heaty for her. My PD advised me to change to Soy Milk for a month.

So now, after a mth, i'm changing to NAN HA to try out. Not sure if it'll be heaty.}

Mummies,

What bra do you wear when wearing spaghetti top?

And what do you do to prevent engorgement when you go out for several hours? Like if having dinner and shopping...

Sweetsnow

I jus wear my half cup bra n insert breast pad in. Depends on e estimated no of hrs.I can tahan for ard 6 hrs then will be super duper engorged n pump 1st thing I'm hm. If i think more than 6hrs I bring pump out to pump in nursing room at shopping mall.

mums my bb did not poo the entire day and she fart a lot. She's 1mth plus. What do you do? I think that's the reason y she's been crying.

Pacifier: I tink If give only when bb inconsolable should be that damaging until got Oral problem as it is not frequent. Just like they say dun give bottle should 100% latch on if not got nipple confusion, bt how many of us here have got this prob? On the contrary, it seems that our bb prefer breast even after feeding on bottle. I also read before that it's an instinct for baby to suckle as it comforts them, so it's not a sign of hunger. Hence it is better to use pacifier than breast because it is very hard to wean off breast, not to mention very difficult to "give" in public.

Spag top: I bought strapless nursing bra and tube top nursing bra. Both quite convenient to use and easy match with any tops.

Creamdonut

I didn't c ur strapless nursing bra n tube nursing bra b4 where y bot them?

Spotting

I'm in my 7th wk post delivery n my lochia stop ard wk 6th but tdy o notice some spotting agn is tat norm? Anybody experience e same thing? I'm a bit worried cos ard 5th wk my lochia getting lesser then as days goes by it became heavier n stopped at 6th wk. I'm afraid lochia haven't fully clear n might be back agn.

hi bubblygeekypig,

i oso experienced similar..

my lochia stop at wk 6, suddenly at begining of wk 7, start to bleed alot.. i guess it's my 1st menses.. after 3 days, it become lesser..

ya creamdonut can share where you bought and how does it look like for strapless nursing bra? Can give good support?

Winny

Ya my bb also same. Sometimes one day din poo n the next day will have a lot of poo, so much that it exploded out of diapers n soiled hs clothes... He passes wind a lot too... N his stomach v big n bloated- I think that makes him uncomfortable n cranky.

Nothing much we can do I think. I gave warm water n try to give more feeds of ebm or latch. But I m heavily supplementing with fm cos my supply is low. Usually after 2-3 consecutives fees of breast milk, he will poo n thereafter he will feel better...

Hi mummies, how r the breast feeding coming along? M in my week 5 already bt supply is still low, can only pump ard 140ml per pump for both breast together on a good day... Anybody experience the same?

bubblygeekypig,

I'm breastfeeding. I oso tot menses will not come but not d case for me.. Anyway, my main concern is not abt why I'm having menses. I'm more concern about my milk supply now..

My milk supply has reduced lately.. I guess bcos I dun hv enough rest.. Therefore, I need to pamper myself now to rest more.. Now I left my BB in d electric yaolan.. I try to make him sleep most of d time so Tat I will not hv to carry him

Bb clothes

When do we stop washing their clothes separately?

My utilities bill for oct/nov jus arrived. Water went up up up. Super expensive. I told my hubby other than the extra load of bb clothes, he bathe n I bathe too so water bill sure increase.

Pacifier

I hve not given in yet. He does at times use me as pacifier. Sigh. I m worried abt stopping him fr the habit so dare not start the practice.

FM

Anyone with lobang to buy cheaper? I m also supplementing with fm plus in another 1.5 mths I will be going back to work. By then bb will b on fm. I won't be able to bf.

BF

How do we gradually switch fr bf to fm? Is it possible to fm thru out the day but bf at least once at night? Ie train the breast to feed only once a day? I would love to bf still to maintain the bond. Now thinking if I can pump out by going to shopping centre musing room. My lunch break only 1 HR. With my manual hand pump I need to pump at least 40 min. How do u all carry the milk back? My journey HME takes abt 1.5 HR will the milk turn bad? Once home out in freezer or fridge?

jojo

menses will also reduce bm. mine menses also come & i am total bf. siah. for mine no 1 & 2, menses only come after 1 yr.

pofy

you can put the milk in a cooler bag with ice pack.

rejoy

I can pump abt 140ml/6 hrly at most.

pacifier

I give it to bb when he really want to sleep but can't & after drinking abt 1-2 hrly. usually she drink abt 3 hr

Bf - my supply lately oso fluctuate. I think it has decreased a bit due to my lack of rest. Not sure oso coz of my prolong hours between feed/pump. Worried that I wun b able to bf when back to work

Period - wah, I din know period can come so soon. Mine not here yet but I still got heavy discharge. I miss panty liner/ pad free days

Blood in stool - lately my stool got bright red blood. Is it normal?

Bubbly and jojo. Mine was abt to stop at week 4. Was already brownish and suddenly becomes heavy again. Now I'm almost at week 6 and still bleeding. Called my Gynae clinic and the nurse told me its normal as hormones are not stable yet. She told me that some pple can experience bleeding up to 2 months.

pofy - which fm are u buying? i only know medical shop selling cheaper diapers. for infant fm super ex.

bm - i only latch 1 or 2 times,supply low then pump out to bottle feed, not intend to continue when gg back to work. not convenient.

my hormones sure not stable, bleeding for 8 weeks...sigh

yaolan - i m still thinking whether to buy or not.

jojo - ur yaolan is portable kind? stable?

Menses

Eh I tot bf won't have Menses! But funny think mine only spotting ytd then i didn't c any at nite alr..

Bf

Think 1 side if my breast produce more milk but anyway most likely gg to con'd pump in office but will have to do so in toilet Hai.. but i intend to pump twice when I'm in office n store in fridge in my cooler bag then bring it back..

Libra_bb,

My yaolan is not portable. I have a hook on my ceiling..

Not to worry, yaolan is very safe..

So long, u dun shake too hard..

My bb loves it..

At least, I have time to rest, pump milk n do housework..

once home, u can leave it in the fridge.

Refrigerated Milk - no doubt guidelines put 8 days. i only keep for 2 days. anw u can taste the milk before you feed the baby.

any babies on Enfalac (blue tin)? i have an opened 900g can to give away. Opened 3 weeks ago. Abt 80-90% left. If keen pls PM me. collect at bedok, tanah merah, simei or tampines

Librabb,

My fm is nan 1 ha.

Sweetsnow,

I know if u constipate n tore the tissue in rectum u can hve blood in stools for quite a number of poop co's every time u poop the healing tissues tear n thus bleed again. Try get the next few poop soft n monitor. If still persists see a doc for peace of mind.

Winnie n Huishan

Thanks. I will read up more to gain confidence. I worry contaminate milk.

Rejoy28,

Thanks.

Bubbly

I also was told no menses during bfeed. Nurses told me could be hormones imbalance n on n off will still bleed. Now I m confused too co's if got menses means ovulating right?

Need advice

Tis sat will be the first time I bring bb out. Will be meeting some relatives. Very distant relatives whom I Dun like as they r always passing nasty comments. I assume my big belly will not be spared n I want to get ready a 'polite' response. How to tell pple politely to buzz off n mind their own biz n yet not b disrespectful in the eyes of my inlaws? Do give some suggestions as they hve been pretty mean n nosy n I want to tell them to leave me alone. Thank u!

Pofy

Eh hormone imbalance... Tot is didn't fully clear lochia cos mine seems like spotting rather than Menses.. yes if Menses means ovulating.

U can say ur hb prefer/like ur new found figure and ask ur hb to agree wif u.

is it ok to give baby some water? my baby has not poo for 6 days now, we r worried and thus gave her some water. Then i googled and saw lots of articles saying not to give baby water, and it made me so worried!

Bubbly, sweetsnow,

Thanks. I will try. Usually I m cornered n hubby not around when nasty comments r passed. Perhaps I can say I m in no hurry? Wats the rush? U think it's rude to answer tis way?

Mrschun

My pd did mention no need water co's bf but I told him I stil give abit cos weather hot n I feed water to help him cool down. He jus laugh. Didnt say cannot feed. I do feed but not everyday. Just once a few days. It's ok to feed. No worries buy maybe not too much. 6 days no poo is ok. Mine also like tat. Jus make sure when bb poos the poop is soft. If it's hard pellets like rabbit stools u hve to bring bb to see pd. But b prepared for big poop. Mine poop so much after 6 days I used up half a pack of wet wipes. Can't wash him as he poop ard 4am n my tap no hot water!

Hi! My PD strongly agree that we shd feed bb with water as we are living in a very warm and humid country.

My bb is 1mth + and 2 days never poo le but fart alot. I m also worried.

Back