(2011/10) Oct 2011

Pofy, I usually use tissue paper to dap on the butt where the shit are to remove them. Then I use wet wipes to clean. This way, u dun hv to use alot of wet wipes. These days, I also use facial cotton pieces, soak in water n drip some droplets on the butt n then wrote them of with tissue. It's cleaner. Facial cotton pc are already cut in square form, so it's easy to use too.

mimi, thanks for the tip! this morning mine poo big time cos yday didn't poo and i wasted alot wipes to clean him up. he has sensitive skin too.

pofy, re rashes on face pd gave steroid cream but found it too harsh. i gave up and used aloe vera gel. skin isn't as angry red and felt smooth too. it's not cheap at $13/tube but it reduces the appearance of stretchmarks and helps speed up recovery from my elder boy's 2nd degree burns.

Royal,

i find facial cotton to be too thin and too small. A bit difficult to wipe without dirtying your own fingers. Baby's skin very tender so using dry tissue paper maybe a bit abrasive on skin. Cant apply too much pressure esp on sticky poo

Mummies,

How much do you feed your kid? I know earlier somebody posted a link to a website that tells how much to drink as per bb's weight, but I dunno baby's weight since the last checkup.

My bb is drinking 100ml every 2 hrs. Feed her more she cant finish. But when finish 100ml, she wanna suckle more. Sometimes I will latch her on and thought it's just comfort suckle to let her slp, but she will drink somemore. So I dunno should increase her milk intake or just continue

Sex - When can we resume sex?

Shave Hair

..I tot of going TaiMaoBi coz i want to make the brush leh...how much is it?

Hi Pofy,

my bb recovered already. I use cool boiled water (not tap water as bb might be sensitive to chlorine) to clean her face each time i feed her.

My PD prescribed LACTACYD wash, a moisturizer and a antibiotic cream.

Hi Libra bb,

my PD also prescribed a spray for bb's nose. After spraying, the "pi sai" become more liquid then i use tissue (roll the corners) to clean it.

SEX

..i think can le but must be carful as we are quite fertile i think. Yesterday went for pap smear and my gynae ask me to be careful. kekeke...

POO

...if bb big poo then i bring her straight to toilet to wash. hahaha.....

Sweetsnow, u carry bb and weight then weight urself, minus it, u wld get bb weight.

Formula: weight x 150ml / 7. This is wat the PD told me...

mrschun

yes, mine 2nd child drink little & she only poo maybe twice a week & she put on quite a good weight. maybe bb had absorb all the nutrient.

Mrschun,

No worries on the poo. Mine didny poo for 6 days. Pd says it's ok. As long as when he poo make sure not hard pellets like rabbit stools. Soft n mushy like mash potatoes is

Ok! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Winny: yes, tt means abt 85ml per feed... Bt it depends on the bb herself as well... My bb is 4.4 now bt she still feed ard 80-90.

Sweetsnow, presume abt 7 feeds per day... In average if ur bb is 4kg so is 4x150. She sld drink abt 600ml per day... So depending in hw times you feed her. Bt of coz breastfeed baby has no way to know. As long as she is contented and full then I think is ok

Winny

Good to hear ur bb is well.

Sex

Yes. My pd also said the same thing altho she did mention seldom will get pregnant if we r breastfeeding co's no ovulation no period means no egg to be fertilised. She advise if want to hve 2nd bb wait till my 1st period come then rest for 2 cycles before trying co's when bteasfeeding uterus will shrink but can't be for pregnant. Something like tat. I not too good at explaining.

Has anyone resume bedroom activities?

Gosh. I m so dead tired fr lack of sleep n low esteem fr all the stretch mark n big post delivery belly tat I jus seem not into it! My poor hubby. Keke

Bedroom activities:

I tried once but very painful. You are right, pofy. No mood and too tired for it. My husband kept wanting but I kept rejecting. Very bad hor

Pain? I worry abt tat too. My doc did say must use alot of lubricant. So I hvent even attempt co's no mood. Dead tired still. Wat I want is a shopping trip out n a good outside meal wif no screaming bb, no leaking breasts n no stress of having to feed. Sigh. My hubby hasn't requested yet co's he is also having disturbed sleep so tired. But we hve been off sex for so long since pregnancy it seems scary.

Feed

If my BB's on formula he'll feed on abt 80ml which is normal if according to his weight based on winny's calculation but e prob is he'll still wanna latch on for another 10-15min minutes aft rejecting his unfinished formula! If I'm breastfeeding then I'm not sure usually he'll latch for 10-15min too.. recently he kinda reject his bottle dunno y..

Love making

Yes 1st time is painful n I'm not in mood but at e same time didn't wanna deprived hb.. can't take full penetration n hb take things slow too.. 2nd time better thou still unable to take full penetration, finally 3rd time hb sugg we go for longer foreplay n we both enjoy e love making session. Heard b4 breastfeeding less chance of getting conceived but of cos I didn't wanna take e risk.. can't take 2 crying babies at e same time!

Feed

How long does bb take to finish bottle of milk? Mine took an hour plus just to finish 90ml. Is it normal to take so long or should I change to size m for the teat?

Bubbly,

U r brave n good wife. I think for me I need to get over the psychological barrier n get some sleep before anything.

Pofy

Yes tired n pain really put one off.. cos I read some mag it says "you were once a couple b4 BB came so take time to enjoy each other company" n during I'm preg I read tat couples esp mum would neglect dad when BB arrive so I promise him I won't neglect him.. n fact I'm so tired looking aft BB tat i told hb I missed 'we time' n not to mention 'me time' Haha!

Sweetsnow

Mine also same case.. recently he keeps merlion sometimes during feeding n sometimes throw tofu which seems like indigest milk.. ytd o went out to run errands MIL mention BB refused bottle thou it contain breast milk but previously he's ok.. I also dunno wat to do! Cos my BB is on a hourly feed so i was being told to prolong his feeding time else it'll be tiring for me..

Sweetsnow,

My son oso d same.. Very cranky.. Nw even pacifier oso dun wan.. Keep crying.. We hv to carry him everytime..

Nw my hubby take over. I look after my 3yrs old gal..

Bubbly,

How to prolong bb's feeding? Won't bb cry for milk?

Jojo,

I can't imagine having to tk care of 2. I throw everything to maid n sometimes I feel useless when bb stop crying when maid carries her

My BB gal born 25.10.2011 @ TMC . Failed 2 times earrings test at TMC on left ear. Today went back retest again. Still failed. Anyone have similar problems ??? Worried here ...

Sweetsnow

Think my BB is used to waking up hourly n once he wakes up he'll wanna to feed.. so instead of breastfeeding him i carry him till he stop crying. Few successful attempts during my1st day of trial tdy n he'll slp for awhile more b4 waking up but if he still cries aft some time then i'll feed. Recently he's worse than b4 - his cries r shorter b4 turning into screams or cries till no voice n he refuses bottle when he used to be ok wif it.. my BB sometimes also will stop crying when e 2nd person carry him so dun feel useless..

Sweetsnow, we actually ve very strong milk smell so sometimes when u carry the bb, they smell milk and refuse to stop crying. It happens to me too.. Sometimes my bb cries non stop bt after another person carries her, she stops crying

Librabb,

I think mine something wrong. Yesterday feed a whole hour still cannot finish 90ml n I was perspiring like crazy holding him in the same position. Dun know wat to do. I wonder why he feed so long?

Have u managed to get a tingkat which serves jus 1 person? I called Neo garden. They only serve min 2 persons!

Mittens

Mine still wearing. All I know is by start of 4th month bb shd not b wearing mittens. Tis told to me by pd.

Sweetsnow

I think rejoy28 is absolutely right. We smell of milk. When I carry him he always want to reach for my breast eventho not feeding time. We will end up in a. Struggle! He tries to reach n I try to hold his face away so end up he will cry n cry n scream after a while. But if my hubby take over. Totally stop! Tats why my hubby says bb likes him better. I told him bullshit lah. Haha

Rejoy28,

Thanks for the explanation! Now I understand why!

Bubbly,

I will try out ur method. Mine still feeding every 2 hrs. I tot shd reduce no of feeds but increase intake. Sigh

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6357256.jpg]

100% Cotton Hanky/WashCloth from Korea

1 Pack (10 pcs) - $8.90 each (Less than $1 a piece!)

Above 3 packs - $8.50 each

I want to introduce this 100% cotton hanky for babies. It's brought in from Korea and I personally use no other hankies/wash cloths but these for my 1 year old baby. Since she was born till now, I have been using these hankies as washcloth for her face and body (even my CL says its very good and she has never seen it before!).

They are also used as burp clothes and her hanky for going out. In her first 6 months, she has slight reflux and frequently threw up. I prefered to use these cloths instead of tissue paper as they are much gentler to the skin.

It's super soft, thin, washes and dries easily and very cheap too! It can be washed over and over again in the washing machine and doesn't tear easily.

They come in packs of 10 at $8.90 each. If you get 3 packs and more, its $8.50. Postage is calculated separately or collection can be arranged.

PM me if keen. Thanks

Hi sweetsnow

All the bras are non-wired except Lydia. For good support, I would recommend bravado body seamless nursing bra. Very popular and having good feedback.

Hi all mummies, it's been a week since my last login. It's really taxing having to look after bb day and night alone especially when bb is cranky at times.

My bb usually stays awake in the evening till abt 11pm. Last night was worse until 1am. Suspect he's a bit colicky. He's well fed but keeps crying. He kept opening his both searching for the breast to suck even though he's already well fed. If I don't give in he will be screaming the roof off. But the consequence will be throwing up the extra milk later on which is quite unhealthy. Dragging the idea of introducing the pacifier. Does anyone have the same experience? Has anyone introduced pacifier already?

Cleaning nose

I use normal cotton bud and twist the tip so that it become smaller. Dap slightly with water if necessary. Got to be very fast when cleaning his nose cos he will struggle.

Hi Mnm, my bb gets cranky at night too. After drinking 90ml of milk, her mouth seems to be looking for more. My whole family tried to pacify her and like you we try not to give her pacifier.

1st time - MIL carried her and she fell asleep immediately.

2nd time - MIL also no use, hubby also no use so in the end my hubby ask me to latch bb for awhile until she falls asleep. Treat my nipple as pacifier. Duh...

Cleaning Nose

actually the one PD prescribed to me seems good. I can see "pi sai" in bb's nose but it's the dry type so cannot use tissue. So i use the spray to soften it then use rolled tissue.

Cleaning ear

Does any mom here use bb cotton bid to clean the outer layer of ear? I used to do that for my #1 but my cl never seem to clean my bb' ear.

Rash on bb' face

Does no aircon/fan and use of moisturizer can cause rash on bb' face beside our milk stain? Think my mom and mil start to comment how come my bb' face so many rashes?

BB temperament

My bb cries more fiercely and impatiently compared to my #1. He will cry when he pee and make noise when he poo. When he is not happy, he will scream. Think my girl better last time. Now i have to latch almost every hr and i wonder if it is due to confused feeding time of every 1.5/2/3hr that i cause this. Any moms here experience that as well

I use the nasal spray too. The last time I brought baby to PD, he used a cotton bud to dig out but I dint dare to do it.

Seems that baby boy's temperament is more demanding than girls hor? My elder boy was also more gan Cheong than my girl now.

My girl always poo at night! And a few times somemore. Her feeding schedule is ok but I have to wake up 2 more times to clean her poop. also no sleep [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]( anyway to train pooping timings?

Hi MnM,

I'm also facing the same problem. Baby is treating me as a pacifier and he has to suckle before he sleeps. Otherwise, he'll scream his lungs out. Tried to pat and carry him to sleep but it didn't work. I am also trying not to give pacifier. Will try out yaolan to see if it works.

Hi mummies, like u , I also dreaded giving the pacifier but one day I decided to give in cos bb was screaming n I refused to be a human pacifier! If not next time, bb won't get to sleep if I m not ard... I m using Philip avent ones... Came as free gifts.

So far, only gave when bb is absolutely not consolable by other means...;)

Back