(2011/10) Oct 2011

tamms

Congrats! i hope i can do w/o epi too..

Roxanne

im in 36w2d too!! feeling tired recently n more easily + additional workload... my replacement still hasnt come in yet dun even noe if they've got 1 alr! anyway it's not my prob aft tat haha! i secretly wish my gynae would gimme mc n rest at hm.. so far i jus felt a sharp pain quite some time back n a little pain once 2wks ago.. hope my bb wont be out early cos it's pretty small...

Tracy Wong

i've a sharp pain once in my lower part of my bump n a sharp pain near my ankle not cramp but feel like sthg coming out of my ankle!

Hi mummies,

Went for my appt today and at 35+ weeks, bb is 2.716kg. I gained 1.1kg in 2 weeks and bb gained abt 600g! Gynae even commented bb is chubby when she was doing the ultrasound.

I am also hoping bb come out at 37 wks. Feeling so tired to go to work and also not much motivation lah. So hope there will be some signs in 2 weeks time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Can someone also add me to the FB group? [email protected]

Thanks!

Gilera

Oh ya 4am post... Yes was up feeding baby! Thank goodness for the iPad!

Raspberry

I was taking it on and off the week leading up to delivery, only 1 a day. Cannot credit the tea for my labour because I was drinking so little and not everyday. I made a concentrated version to take to hospital buut in the end things happened so fast I only got to drink it after delivery. So the verdict is still open. Think it depends on the individual, but no harm trying when bb is full term.

Devil

I enjoyed bf my first kid and am enjoying the experience now too. It's tough in the early weeks but so rewarding once you both get the hang of it. I would never introduce formula milk unless absolutely necessary. Similarly I would rather latch on than pump and feed

Pofy, thanks... Have settled my baby items... BFing is so tiring, but for the sake of the baby, it's worth it...

Tamms, baby's on full breast milk now... I also prefer to latch on but she keeps sleeping when she latch on, then release her to sleep, she makes noise again...

I have breast enforgement in the beginning, luckily my massage lady massage for me then milk flow is much better now... Now I pump 4 hourly, each time about 6 ounces... My baby drink 90ml every 4 to 5 hourly... Is it normal? But she shits after every meal...

Hi winny, u mean let baby latch on? Make sure you dun have inverted nipples coz more difficult for baby to latch on. Make sure te baby's mouth cover the entire nipple else will be painful and milk won't flow... Is this what you meant?

Hi Ladies ,

I've the following Preloved items for sale.

1) Babysafe sling (dark blue colour) $40

2) Munchkin Voice Activated Crib Light $25

***Info on Munchkin Voice Activated Crib Light

Now the light of your life has a better way to be lulled back to sleep. Soothing womb sounds and 3 colored lights cycle on for 10 minutes the moment it hears your baby cry. They're the perfect combination to ease your baby into slumberland - which means you can get back to sleep, too.. And the lights are just the right brightness for nighttime checking or diaper changing. We call it a crib light - but you'll call it a small miracle.

Features:

Voice activated or manually controlled light and sounds

Babies love the actual recorded womb s

3) Supreme Snuggle Nest (Brand New) $85

***More info on Supreme Snuggle Nest by Baby Delight.

"The Snuggle Nest® is a portable infant sleeper designed to offer baby more comfort and stability in the adult bed. Sturdy, vented, support walls enclose baby, providing closeness and a sense of security. Baby’s comfort is taken to the next level with two options for soothing sound: Brahm’s Lullaby and Womb Sound by Pediasleep.com®. A soft LED nightlight enables easy checks throughout the night and a new Comfort Mesh Liner™ provides a more comfortable surface for baby. Great for co-sleeping, napping, travel, and also as a changing area and for moms with C-Sections and preemies. Lightweight and compact for trave

Self collection in Sengkang MRT.

Please PM me. Thanks

Roxanne, so FAVE is you!

I emailed you already lah asking for 85B Beige Padded LOL

So early, envious! I hope i can pop soon, i told my bb that I want 1st week of Oct. :p

Few more days to 38weeks.

Hey add me to FB Secret group too. my facebook email is zennezsg(AT)hotmail(DOT)com :D

Hi Mummies,

I popped on 24th, Sat!

It was an induced labour as baby is quite big. Pill inserted at 1pm after doc visit. Contractions came quickly and i rushed home to pack and settle my No1. Then, rushed back to hospital and went to delivery suite. Very nice cosy room at Mt E.

I was already about 4cm dilated at about 3plus. Cleared my bowels. Contractions was quite intense now! Requested to have epidural to be administered immediately. I did not recall that epidural can be quite painful as well for No1. After epi, i have to wait for baby head to descend and dilate 10cm before pushing. My hubby and I managed to catch a short nap from about 5-7pm.

Nurse were quite helpful. We tried several positions to 'coax' baby head descend and kickstart the pressure to start pushing. It worked after 15 mins and I'm started pushing at about 8.30pm. Wala! Baby was out at 8.46pm!

Mummies who are waiting for the big day JIA YOU! That was my birth story to share....

Wendy, congrats!!! Welcome to the moo moo club... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Roxanne, u selling padded no wired bras? Cn send me your link?

hi mummies,

I'm selling my Graco infant seat cheap [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Fits infants and babies up to 6 months.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/6084522.html?1317078141

It's a comfy bb seat that can b converted into a rocker, and fit into a Graco pram if you want bb facing you while going for walks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pls PM me if interested. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Tracy, yes, i do experience that kind of sudden sharp pain down my leg. it's actaully from my lower back and sudden shot of pain through the outer thigh.... it's like electric shock !

Im at my 36wks + 4 days. and also same, having pelvic pain and becoming increasingly difficult to turn in bed.. I did my check up with gynae in my 35 weeks and my baby at 2.6 kg..

I hope I can pop next week or when i hit 38 weeks !

Hey gals! I've popped last wk. Natural with epi [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] din log in cos Was super exhausted with all the bf, plus got sore nipples. Sigh, dun tink is wrong latch On position, bt everytime feed is SOOO painful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Wana ask mummies who went for jamu befOre:

Need to let doc check before massage? I call n ask my doc's nurse n she say dun massage tummy cos will cause heavy bleeding n to Wait till doc check up to assess if tummy ok for massage. Any comments?

jojobar,

similar to you. i also think children are gifts. whether i have just one gift or many, its all pre-destined. thankful for this one. i just hope he arrives soon so that we can meet! seems he is very comfortable inside and is showing no intention to come out yet. hahaha

if we want another one, i will have to start immediately after i give birth. doctor not so keen on this as she says it will take a toll on the body. so i guess we will accept what fate brings us. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Roxanne,

20% discount is alot. good savings. i already paid the deposit for mine so i will stick to it. keep you updated when i experience my 1st confinement meal. actually looking forward to it since i have never tasted it and alot of mummies say confinement food are yummy. just hope the standard of natal essential is good. keep me updated on your wed trial.

same as you, i also didn't want the extra hassle to get hubby to pack food back from food court so chose this method. easier lah. i prefer to come home straight after work to take over so i can rest. hahahaha

Congratulations Wendy and creamdonut..

Oohhh.. More and more mummies popping.. I'm also waiting for 4 Oct (c-sect).

Now walking is a problem for me especially when standing up after sitting for some time, din experience this when I had my elder one.. Now stand up from sitting position have to hold tummy..

Roxanne can add me to the FB group also [email protected]

Hi mummies,

Roxanne

Thanks for adding me to the FB group [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Im soooo glad that i survived last weekend. I had a chalet for my no.1's bday party. Half the time i was praying that i wont give birth anytime soon. Its soo tiring, but my boy was so happy.

creamdonut and wen_stan

Congrats!! Rest well n dun give up bfeeding [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

creamdonut,

Congrats. without epi??? that must be super painful.

massage: i ready a number of posts before. most didn't ask doctor leh. in fact for some they start 3 to 4 days after delivery leh. will cause heavy bleeding??? that is very dangerous. then better wait for other mummies who have done it to revert.

for natural, massage can start on 3 or 4 day. don't think it will cause heavy bleeding, it is to help the body get rid of the remaining blood in our uterus.

Hi

Based on my memory, i started my massage after 3rd day of delivery. (immediately after i discharge). The heavy bleeding is actually quite notmal as it suppose to clear out the blood from the womb and it will take weeks for me the last time to finally stop. I did not ask gynae and they say is normal.

As for pain experience while BF, i remember i also experience pain in womb while BFing. When i research and ask around apparently while Bfing, our womb is contracting (shrinking). Conclusion Bfing help to tighten the uterus [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]....

On the other hand, if the BF pain is on the nipple. Then put the purelan nipple cream to relieve .... After a while, the nipple is tighten and it will get painless eventually !

Pofy: hahah, no no, u read wrongly. Is natural with epi la ;p

Winnie: ya I heard abt the getting rid of uterus blood. Bt aft e nurse say dun massage tummy cos will have heavy bleeding, I very scared. Cos now I dun have much bleeding. Only using like 2 kotex maternity pads daily, n is nt cos soak through. Cos I feel unhygienic to wear too long so I change altho nt much blood. So nw I quite confused [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jojobar: was e bleeding aft e massage heavier than the first 2 days?

Congrats creamdonut...

You should massage to get rid of the blood. I did my massage on the 3rd day, after I came back from hospital.. The massage lady will based on your delivery and how u are feeling before she will start the massage for you.

For me, after I gave birth, the senior nurse in tmc keep coming over every 1hr to massage my tummy and even ask me to keep massaging my tummy to get the blood clots inside... As she press, the blood keep flowing out and I finished the hospital maternity pads on the night itself. The next day I went to the toilet to wash myself... then a few ultra super big and heavy blood clots dropped out onto the toilet floor... It was so scary and the nurse asked the housekeeping to clean up the toilet and she told me it is very good to clear the blood clots and asked me to continue massaging myself... After I get home, I dun have much blood liaoz... And I feel do much more comfortable...

For the nipple cream, just to share...

Dun use any nipple cream instead use your own breastmilk to treat it to sooth the nipple... Taught by the breast massage lady...

Roxanne, thanks for adding me!

Mummies who have popped, congrats! Enjoy your ml and don't stress over bfing. Beginning is always tougher but once you n bb get into a routine, it will be a breeze [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Rejoy,

i think should be okay right? I mean, bird nest is just protein? I will be taking that until my D-day.

Little Devil,

I'm also quite worried about the breastfeeding coz really do not know what to expect !

massage

i also heard massage is to get rid of e blood clot in e womb.. my fren mentioned hers has lightened but when e massage her, she encountered more bleeding but her massge lady told her becos inside still has some blood clots..

BF

i also dunno wat to expect from BF dunno how to c if bb has latch on properly n dunno if i've e supply..

yes also heard of using own milk to moisture e nipple but i also bot purelan jus in case hee.. btw my fren ask me to 'cleanse' (squeeze out e 'block milk') my nipple now as in clear all those 'milk' to lessen my engorgement n block dutes in future during shower then aft tat to apply olive oil to moisture it.. anyone heard of this?

Massage

Good to massage tummy to clear out the clots, but if you do pass very big clots or hv continuous bleeding, gotta see dr. But massage is typically 3 or 4 days layer, so uterus haemorrage should not be an issue already.

Cream donut

Did you latch bb round the clock while in hospital? By right when bb nurse your uterus will contract and clear your blood clots. I used 2 packs of maternity pads during my stay, that's 20pc! Now my tummy has gone down a lit, almost flat already. So I think the more you clear your blood the faster you'll get back into shape. Now 1 week post delivery, I bleed whenever I bf which is great.

Nipple pain

Even with the right latch it will be painful in the beginning. Nipple needs to get seasoned. I stopped experiencing nipple pain 6 or 7 days after. Now ok. If pain persists, try holding baby in a different position. So if you're using cradle hold, switch to football hold so that you're not putting stress on the same part all the time. Football hold is also great for clearing out the lumps at the bottom of the breast

Devil: oic... So it's ok to go ahead with e massage without askin doc e progress of e wound?

Mummyfaith, libra bb: thanks!! Soon it will b ur turn with e lil bundle of joy!

Bubblygeekypig: ya, my flow very little now. Almost like the last day of e monthly period. Bt I guess if massage will become heavy agn.

Tamms: no, I din bf round the clock. I only feed during day time on the second day aft delivery. First day bb was on formula n also on both nights. 3rd day go home Liao then I round e clock until today. Bt blood flow decreased since discharge fm hosp.

Did u also had massage already? E heavy bleeding fm massage din affect ur wound?

Nipple pain n try switch to Other position still pain. Applying purelan nW cos bm itself no use for me. Purelan makes it like 30% less painful so it's gd. Jus tt I hav to clean up b4 bf cos I dun wan bb to eat it, altho e box say can la.

Hi moms,

I hv a few items for sale/give away. Please sms me at 91558725 if you are interested.

1) medela swing breast pump bought 14/8/2011 (warranty till aug 2012), selling at $250. Used barely a mth as i hv not enough milk supply.

2) my breastfriend pillow $40 (almost new, used a few times only as boy is a premature and refuse to latch on)

3) medela washable breast pads, very new and good condition $10

4) 2x 3ml avent nipple cream samples FOC

5) 30ml palmer's nipple cream FOC

Creamdonut, should be lah for massaging... U can check with your massage lady as well..

Massage

For me, I have very little blood flow since massage as most of it cleared during the hospital stay... But I released alot of shit after massage and my tummy almost flat now, now is day 6... Sorry for being gross... But really very shiok after releasing...

Huang-dan

My confinement lady advise... Dun bring the baby for checkup after 5 days... Normally baby will have it. She said try to bring after the 7-8 days... A way to treat it... Get 3 to 4 big red grapes with seeds... Peel the skin, squeeze the juice and let baby consume... 3 times a day for 3 days... After that once a day... Am trying it... Will let ur know if it works... Bringing baby for review on fri instead of today..

Devil: good for u leh, clear all ur blood in hosp liao, cm hm dun need to worry abt the bed, hahaha! Wow I din noe can start the massage so early, I tot earliest is 7 days aft delivery by natural birth. Seems like start early is better, my tummy still big like 5mths preg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Creamdonut,

Ya Loh... The senior nurse in tmc is very experienced... I was in so much pain when I get out of the labour ward, like still having contraction pain... Then she came and massage for me and really using her strength to force the blood clots out...

Yes, the earlier the better, and let baby latch on will help the blood clots as well...

Cream donut

Congrats!!! Can share ur birth story?

Today VE.... Quite pain coz there dry n nothing had entered it for 9 months! 0cm dilation! Sad! Wk 39 oredi. Hope bb arrives on his own soon.

Next appt next wk on Edd+1 day.

Gilera,

Me the same. VE ck I find super painful. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

My next appointment is tis fri. Doc say if bb stil dun arrive by then I wil hve to induce. Sigh. Do u know if induce will cost more? I didnt ck wif doc the last time. Now quite stress up co's waiting n waiting but bb dun seem to want to come out.

Creamdonut

Sorry I read wrongly. Seems ok to massage since so many mummies have started so neAr after birth.

This fri induce?

I nv ask abt charges... Also unsure how much my Gynae Joycelyn Wong charges.

So hv u been doing anything to try get into labour. U r not on leave yet right?

Gilera,

I m stil working. Fri wil see gynae then decide on date to induce if bb stil dun arrive by it's own.

No. I didn't do anything extra. Perhaps jus walk a little more. Tummy is so big now movement is not easy n comfortable at all. Even walking is tough. Sleeping also tough to turn. Ideally I hope he arrives on his own. I read some mummies even after pill to induce is inserted still need to csec co's cervix didn't open. I worry very badly.

Ya, they will put 1 pill then if need second pill, break waters then induce on drip which is v strong. If all these fail n cervix dun open/ too slow etc then c sec.

Just think: worse case scenario is c sec, which is also v common procedure do y worry. Trust ur Gynae n hospital staff to take care of u. Trust in ur faith n be strong. Most impt u n bb are safe at the end of the day.

Wound pain etc will pass w time n pain killers. Go for it! Take it in ur stride. We hv oredi come do far.... Isn't it?

Back