(2011/10) Oct 2011

hi mummies. Between the bugis bb shop and the cheng choon one in chinatown, what is the difference? Is one of them cheaper?

Creamdonut:

Slp yao lan le ltr difficult to quit. But it also depends how parents train to quit. I only c her rub softly on the head round n round..

Hi. Just to share my view - Quitting the yaolan, like the pacifier, is very dependent on the child. My boy sleeps in the yaolan in the day time but has no problem transiting to the bed at night. But he took a long time to quit his pacifier [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] My friend's son kicked the pacifier easily but had a hard time with the yaolan.

But I agree with jasmine on try not to give if possible. The problem was that I was a FTWM and my MIL insisted on giving both Yaolan and pacifier. She says she can't cope with his persistent crying and not sleeping in the day time, an the traditional way of handling that is to give both [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif](

I had no choice but to give in.

Leoh: the bugis shop is cheaper as what my mom tells me. I actually went to cheong choon store with her few weeks ago to buy baby home clothes. They were priced at $2.30-2.80 each but the bug is store is a wholesaler and my mom checked it out yesterday. They sell in a pack of 6 for only $12 so that's only $2 per piece. I will be going down there to buy some more [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but they only sell clothes there apparently and also for adults too.

Mummies w boys

Any tips to prevent fountain shooting up when changing diapers? Saw online selling a sponge ball to be placed over their bird so won't kena everywhere. Seems boys can create wider radius of mess if it happens. Would a tissue work just as well?

Creamdonut: yup should be those kimono type Cleo cos i got them at curing choon store and my mom says 'same type'. She said 6 for $12 at bugis store.

Thanks mummyccox! Will check out the bugis one then [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

By the way, why are you ladies keen on the kimono type? I was thinking of getting normal buttons type. Which is better?

My boy I just place cloth over his bird bird until last moment. But after a while we are so efficient with changing diapers it will only take a short while so we don't bother anymore. And for poo, will usually wash so no issue also

Leeoh

Same as you. My #1 uses pacifier and yao lan in the morning cos my Mil sae hard to cope. I quit her yaolan when she 6 mths old n pacifier on 1 yr old.

hello,

me have been sick. just out from hospital after a 2 days stay. cough till asthma so now put on the puff. its terrible. total waste of money. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

cough for 2 months already. when will it stop?

a lady in hospital told me can cough till give birth!!! my gosh. i hope not because i can't sleep well and worse of all, i leak pee badly when i cough. sigh.

roxanne,

i spoke to my boss about the maternity leave. mine is a small company. no HR. He just keep quiet didn't say anything. say he need to think as i ask for 4 months straight. anybody knows how it works? when we give birth the doc will give us an medical certificate to tell us when we give birth and when ML is suppose to start and when it should end (including that 8 weeks of workding days?) i am confuse how to do the paperwork to support because we have no HR and my boss also never encounter. the few other ladies in my office all gave birth before they join this company.

anybody knows where to get cheap white nappy cloth? i saw the pigeon brand is very expensive. i m trying to cut cost. manage to get a 2nd hand electric steraliser. brand is nuk. but i realise cannot fit the pigeon bottles. but no choice i buy already so i will make do.

gilera : my feet also cracked till bleed. painful. and worse of all its swollen too. painful. i tried put cream but tough with the big belly obstructing movements. sigh.

happymomo : i same as u. i stood all the way in the mrt today from admiralty to city hall. no seat. the lady in the reserved seat was taking her beauty nap while exercising her feet and listening to her music. then she opened her eyes but looked down at her iphone and refuse to look up and straight at my tummy. the indian man beside me was looking at me and then at her and shaking his head. i told him its ok. its common lah. if you go stomp there are people who say they need the seat too. being pregnant does not give us privilege. they paid the fare and they are entitled to a seat. i even got scolded by a man before when i ask for the seat. he said he needs it too! so after that I shut up already. i can't force them to be gracious. no choice. ours is a world class public transport system in accordance to our authorities who has officials who drive and don't take the public transport. they will never understand the squeeze and discomfort of having to travel to work in such situations. taking the train one or twice and then announcing to the world that they understand is just different from doing it everyday.

roxanne,

thanks. i will read it up. now thinking about the cdac account. i heard to maximise must put in money then the govt will match. putting in money is going to be a financial challenge for us.

sigh

pofy, there is a timeline one.. cant remember how many years.. later i go search the link... u can put in the money that the govt gives.. govt will give 4k, so like that u just need to fork out 2k

hello vivi,

we don't drive and in my current state, will be tough to go malaysia. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

but i may be able to ask my malaysian office friends to help. where is good place to buy in KL? the lady live in KL not in Johor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pofy,

jusco should be good enuf! my mum bought 2 packs of cloth diapers. those tradition one... like less than RM30 per pack + free some disposable diapers.

pofy: roxanne is doing a taobao spree, of which you can consider getting the cloth diapers .. it is so much cheaper than getting in singapore ..

as for the amount of money for cda account, you can probably consider using the baby bonus of which $1000 will be credited into our account on 4 different episodes (https://www.babybonus.gov.sg/bbss/html/faq.html) .. thus, instead of $6000, you will only have to come out with $2000 ..

thank you mummies for all the advice!

jusco! ok. I will seek her help.

roxanne, the $4K govt give, is it in cash?

How they give the money, into the bank account?

thanks!

ok.

that means i have until he is 6 years old to put in $3K then I can enjoy the extra $3K from govt. got a target now.

fantastar, $1000 from govt i will need to use it for vacination etc. hahaha. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

taobao is what??? sorri I am very backward.

i bought handkerchief from chinatown in a pack of 12. Should be able to last for a while. cost $12. can use a few pieces to cover the bird when i change diapers in case he shoots pee at me.

i am so looking forward to see what the baby looks like. But also worried because i ate alot of medicine during pregnancy. worry affect baby.sigh.

pofy,

Try the shop at Bugis. Look up the previous threads, some1 posted the address. This shop sells infant clothes in packages..so it's cheaper. I bought my White nappies and bath towels there, even simple mittens n bb cap. They are cheaper than the normal retail shops.

With your condition, don't go JB to shop, will tire yourself and affect your health. Must take care, another 3 months plus to go..Jia You! You can do it...we all support you!

BTW, do you need baby carrier? I have 2, cos my sister and a frd handed down to me. If you need, I can give you one. let me know.

How are u mummies so far?

Into 28 wk! Scary!

BB seems to be swirling. The kicks less often but when he starts it's a good few attempts then calms down.

Really diff to sleep once wake for pee! Each night wake every 2-3 hrs to pee. So much pee come from where.

Diff to shift sides as well isn't it. Like the butt is super heavy n uncooperative!

Will hv check up on wed. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pofy: government will give $4000, $1000 each time for 4 times ..

for cda account, we have to put in $6000 before baby reaches 6 years old, and givernment will give $6000 .. so in total, $12000.

not too sure whether you are aware that you can claim $450 for your outpatient consultation bills, from medisave; you must keep your outpatient consultation bills and pass it to the hospital staff during your delivery ..

taobao is a china website, whereby they sells all sorts of things .. cheaper than in singapore, but you will have to be comfortable with online shopping ..

for the shop at bugis, it is shen kwang tading co at blk 269c #01-246, opposite guan yin temple .. according to one of the mummies who has went, she bought 6 kimonos at $12, 6 colored button tops at $12, 6 pants at $12, 4 pairs of bootees & mittens at $10 and 12 handkerchiefs at $4 ..

i am a first-time mum, but according to friends and mum, baby will need a lot of handkerchiefs .. i am not too sure if 12 handkerchiefs are enough or not ..

gilera: me now 26 weeks, and it is so difficult to get out of bed .. have to practically roll myself out of bed ..

Hello Royal,

Thanks for your generous offer. I bought a 2nd hand pram already. It should be sufficient. I don't intend to go out much with baby.hahahaha. save money and also save my trouble.

Yes, I note down that shop name already. Will make a trip there because i just need to buy a few pieces of those kimono style baby top. bottoms wear diaper should be ok.

actually just curious. what is a baby carrier? is it those to put baby in and carry on our body like a cloth or is it those put baby in car?

i not well versed at all with all these. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

now i have to look for nestle nan ha 1. becos of my asthma, my gynae recommend that i feed baby nan ha 1. but i look for a few ntuc also don't have. if anyone sees the 400g plse let me know. i bet it won't be cheap but no choice. milk powder cannot save becos he has to eat. the rest like clothese and extras i try to save.

yes, another 3 months for all of us. looking forward to meet the little one in person. wonder what he looks like actually. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thank you every mummy for the encouragement.

looking forward to weekend so that i can do some shopping and rest my elephant feet!

fantastar,

oh dear, i got a lousy deal. i still tot i got a good deal 12 hankies for $12! i must go to this shop. 12 hankies for $4 is very good deal. i tot i wash everyday should be enough. looks like i have to buy another 1 to 2 packs! thanks for the advice.

and thank you for the $450 note. i didn't know. doc clinic didn't mention also but i should have the bills. usually go doc is about 100+ per visit so just need about 5 receipts will do.

mummies,

today is a bad day for me. early morning I got the feeling that water leaking from my bottom part.I suspect my water bag is burst cos i hav the same experience when I gav birth my #1.no pain no red,jus hav water only.I super worry and don't dare to wait then go KKH immediately. I'm cry & cry on my way to KKH.I keep thinking a lot if things.my heartbeat is more &more faster than my baby when the nurse is monitoring his heartbeat.the on duty Dr said ok as tat is not water bag fluid.she said is some discharge (bai tai) after she done two test for me.but I told her it is watery and my pad an panty and also my pant all bcome wet wet de,no sticky discharge or stains at all.anyway,today I hav to stay in KKH for further chkup.PLS WISH ME AND BABY GOOD LUCK.thk you.

Pofy,

Baby carrier is to put baby in and carry on our body like a haversack..simple design.It's different from pram. U want, I keep aside for u. :)

Emilybaby, take care..just rest and don't think too much..bb will be fine..now that u are in KK, let the professionals there help you. Talk positive things to your bb.

pofy, my colleague got extra maternity clothing so if you want I can pass them to you. The $4k baby bonus is paid during your bb's 1st, 6th, 12th and 18th months. Take good care of yourself as well. Don't over-strain.

emilybaby, take good care and try not think so much. Have just prayed for you and bb.

Just back from 27w4d scan. Failed sugar test so I'm diabetic again. But it's expected. #2 is now 1kg and in breech position. Scans appeared normal. From now onwards it's gonna be twice weekly visits! Time flies... now I'm in 3rd tri! Jiayou all mummies!

Hi gals, I am changing the venue cos only 14 adults, cant meet the min for buffet..

Date: 31 July 2011 (Sunday)

Time: 1230 - 330pm

Venue: Lenas @ Nex (there is a very small area for kids, a table n some toys)

Confirmed Attendees-

- Rox, hubby, my gal

- Eliz, hubby, my gal

- Jas, hubby, princess

- Sopdav, son

- Joanna (luv), hubby, son

- Yvonne, hubby, my gal

- Susan,hubby,my gal

Add on to the list if joining

Can email me ur name plus mobile no? Will collate a list n send to all....

pofy: no worries; you can post any questions in the forum .. i am sure all the mummies here are more than willing to assist you ..

as for the nestle nan ha 1, have you thought of approaching the nestle company directly? perhaps you can even buy from them at a cheaper price, but of course, you might have to buy in bulk .. you are not planning to breastfeed? breastfeeding can probably help you to save a bit more ..

i also did not know about the $450 claim from medisave until i saw it somewhere here or the facebook secret group .. remember to save the receipts, and bring it along when you deliver ..

emilybaby: sorry to hear that .. hope baby and you are fine .. keep us updated, okay?

luv: need for insulin? i hope not .. i just went for my OGTT last friday due to family history .. so far so good, there is no news from them .. hopefully i do not hear from them ..

Royal and luv,

Thank you very much. Very touched by generousity.

No worries about the items. I can still manage so I won't need the items.Thank you for offering. Thank you, thank you very very much! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

But I will need alot of advice from mummies from the forum even after the baby is out! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

emilybaby,

rest well. don't think so much. i was also worried when i was in hospital what will happen if i got so sick till baby is premature. But doc told me these days because the technolgoy and knowledge is so advanced, even if its premature, baby should be fine. just rest and yes, jia you!

I am sure all the mummies is cheering you on!

Hi everyone,

Very touching to see so many mummy going into 3rd tri. Is a lot of hard work.

Emily, take very very good care and be more careful. Is not easy worry. Jus rest and rest more.

Jacelyn Tay gives birth to baby boy. Ladies wanna look this good after delivery? Don't forget to pack lots of make up...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/board-post.cgi?action=posting_upload_form&what=show&img=5718672]

emily, i experienced that kind of fluid discharge during #1.. doc just did a swab immediately.. if that swab changed color means it amniotic fluid.. u r seeing gynae in KKH?

emily, i experienced that kind of fluid discharge during #1.. doc just did a swab immediately.. if that swab changed color means it amniotic fluid.. u r seeing gynae in KKH?

Wow! Her bb so cute also smiling!

There was her preg story in one issue of mom & bb

She ate alot of healthy stuff n tonics n very relax - if only we can also relax n no need work!

wonder wat her birth story is. ...

Eh... gossip a bit... I went to visit Jacelyn's hubby's hse... that time hse hunting... so visited a hse in Sembawang...didn't realize it was her until we got out of the hse then my hubby and agent were like that actress... that actress.. and I never see properly... only the hubby...

yes.

body still slim. face also slim. its like no change. whereas for myself, i can't even see my feet now with my big belly protruding out. My face and my nose is all puff up. Feet also swell.

gosh. very demoralising to see her pic. hahahaha.

so i see baby only!

the baby is so sweeet. also smiling.

and yes, if only we can all rest 100% at work without worries of money and job security. that would be perfect. haha

have a good evening all mummies.

emilybaby, you are still in our thoughts. take care.

Emily, Jiayou!! Since the doctor said is not waterbag break den dun worry too much. just relax and let them do the checks.

if we everyday rest at home n eat tonics, we can be that pretty too.. hehe.. the baby so cute, still smiling when sleeping.

emilybaby> Hope all is fine, since doc say its not waterbag you shouldn't worry too much, will affect ur mood and baby's. Good luck on the test result! *pat pat*

All the celebrity mommies seems to still look so good during and after giving birth. Like the HK celebrity lee Jia Xing also. Looking good is really their livelihood. We have to battle with bulging stomach, body, feet, hormones changes..you name them we get them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

I m from May mummy n I have a pack of brand new huggies size S to sell away as my baby has outgrown it.. I m selling it away at $10 self collection at Jurong west area.. Retail price: $12.95.. Pls pm me if keen.. Thanks

Back