(2011/10) Oct 2011

Aircon is ok, just direct the vane upwards so that it's not blowing at you directly. And not too cold cos after delivery you will be weak and tired, your whole body aching from carrying and feeding baby. Will also perspire loads. I had night chills once about 1 week after having baby. We have been sleeping in 25 degree air con since my gal was born, it used to be 20 degrees and a big quilt! Now just use thin blanket.

vivi, winter_bluey,

I worked as hR.. by law, cannot offset the ML agst notice period.. but it really depends on ur company, some company allows...

minidiary, it is not the normal rice.. It is some rice but got put some ginger etc inside.. it tastes good leh.. my MIL fried a big bottle for me to alternate with red date drinks.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Vivi- cannot use ML to offset, think in mom website too..

Red dates drink- I took black beans n red bean plus dang Shen. No plain water cos will kena water retention.

Won't get heaty during confinement. Body can take all d heaty stuff. I do recall feeling 'weakened' after childbirth.

Aircon I also use but abt 27 degrees. No direct fan.

I always kena scolded for squatting. Today try to clean house- just cleaning the floor for less than 15mins I can feel d strain..

bubblygeekypig and Roxanne,

thanks!

my co policy nvr states this [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

One of the drink my CL prepared was brown rice. She roast the brown rice under slow fire then pour boiling water when you wan to drink. As I like varieties, she wil alternate the type of drink everyday. Longan, redates, tung gui, brown rice. Strictly no plain water. :p

starry: thanks for the advice! was afraid there's something wrong.. haha.. we havent decided.. wanna get single room (normal delivery w/o epi) but just afraid in case im a emergency csect, it will be costly! i like super duluxe room! haha.. it's huge!!!

*backache getting more frequent* [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hope there's a seat for me on e train later!

Hi Miffy, i do not know yet. I intend to go for the hospital tour next week to check out. If the price diff is not huge then prob the 1 bedded. Otherwise then 2 bedded.

hi mommies, I have a silly question to ask.

Do I book directly with the hospital or I'll tell my gynae which hospital I want and he/she will arrange?

I would like to share my thoughts:

I board the train at Raffles Place around 6.20pm on 6/7/2011. There are less than 3 commuters standing, with the rest taken their seats. The Chinese lady (sleeping) was walking next to me but speed up to get the reserve seat and fall asleep immediately. And look at the way she sleeps, how on earth one can fall asleep just immediately you sat down. Another pic show Indonesian ladies, not only have they swooped seats at high speed with another lady on the opposite and they happily chatting away after the swop. Another two pictures show Singaporean couple and man in his 50s. Singapore claim to have world class transportation and promotes graceful society. I am a pure Singaporean carrying the next generation Spore baby. But here I am fighting with so many ugly people. I have always been proud to be Singaporean, but my belief was greatly shaken as I grow older.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5700326.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5700327.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5700340.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5700341.jpg]

this is really frustrating. I encountered the same before. Foreigners or locals are the same. There are kind souls out there but the experiences I had are all negative.

Some of them seem to be thinking if they shd give up their seat because they looked at me few times and then i think they just decided to remain sitted.

Luckily i'm staying at boon lay so i will take the train to the last station and take it all the way to my work place.

I hv plenty of mrt pic as well. It's annoying. May be can try talk on phone n say how noone give up seat.

Usually those not on designated seat will also give up.

Hai wat to do? Can't really force.

this is also happening to me almost everyday, and mind you, my tummy is really obvious .. they simply just fall asleep, or ignore my presence .. it is no joke to stand all the way from novena to tampines, with a BIG baby bump (thank goodness it is only the trip home for me daily; i cannot imagine being in the same situation in the morning as well) ..

i will usually stand in front of the reserved seat, hug my baby bump and stare at the person until he/she is embarrased enough to give up the seat to me .. usually those who are seated at the reserved seat are those who are young and more than capable of standing, which simply annoys me!!

i even get stares from people who wanted to 'snatch' the seat from me, when people gave it up to me!!

simply do not understand where is the gracious attitutde that singaporeans claimed they have??

not the first time, and definitely not going to be the last time .. we just have to pray for kind souls each time we board mrt/bus ..

oh my.. today morning on my way to work in the bus, a malay auntie always try to snatch the seats that a lady offered me in the bus. SImply angry... then the other passenger sitting down gave up her seat for me. but i was so annoying to sit beside that malay auntie. imagine sitting with someone who snatch your seats.... angry to the max....

Hihi,

I am a silent reader all this while with my EDD late october.

After reading all the train experiences thus far, i can't help but want to share mine....

I travel from toa payoh to raffles place by train for work. And the trains in the morning are always packed. Rarely, do i get anyone to give up seats.

Of course, for the benefit of the doubt of some kind souls out there, i was blocked from their view because of how packed the train was.

Else, the only way to protect our rights (and we have the right) is to ask for the reserved seat which i did after i look visibly pregnant.

I have no qualms too, asking the occupant of the reserved seat too even if he/ she were sleeping.

I do get surprised looks when I asked but it is our right to do so.

So, i would urge all expectant mothers to ask for the seats. I think our pregnancy matters more than anything else.

I've asked for a seat a few times and have always gotten it from embarrassed commuters. Its more practical to ask then wait and wait for ppl to give up seats to u. Sometimes hug tummy, purposely stare at them, 'accidentally' step on their toes to get their attention etc all won't work.

Not gracious means not gracious, do whatever campaigns also won't get into these ppl's selfish minds. But Singaporeans in general are damn scared of being embarrassed in public. So the best way is to just ASK! And ask loudly. Heh heh!!!

tbmummy (tbmummy)

Like u in the morning I always give benefit of doubts. But I think the going back home trip is really a even more terrible thing. U see the "real"ugly side of this people. Imagine an empty train arrived at Raffles MRT and all the people stand so close to the door. I try standing close to door eventually, but again I am on the lossing point cos pregnant ladies dont run.

Asking for seats, not that I dont want. But sometimes I think, would the person in the seats be sick and need the seat more than me? Or could the lady in the seat be pregnant as well. Again this is benefit of doubt.

And worse of all I am afraid asking of seat, this people will curse behind our back. Which will make our heart sink for the whole day.

We are Singaporean, we want to be gracious. But with the injection of so many ugly "talent foreigner", in order to compete, many has turn ugly like them. How can we move towards a more gracious society?

This morning was on train. person sitting on the priorty seat look like old aunty so is fine. The seat next to her is taken by a going to bald man in his 40. was reading the paper & when seeing me standing in front of him, hold his paper higher & higher. After finish, fold his paper & fall asleep.

really feel like taking a video & post it on Stomp & title it "how to fall asleep in front of a pregnant lady"

i think foreigners r worse... i travel from raffles place to tampines n there was once a group of bangala abt 6 of them was seated from reserved seat all e way so e whole journey i was standing till e 6 of them got down at terah merah.. else besides tat sometimes i stand for 1 or 2 stations commuters would give up their seats except for those teenagers who jus act blur

Winnie Stomp not neccessary publish all photos. That is the problem and we have no avenue to complain to.

Anyway this morning the train was super crowded. I can only board the train after 3rd train arrival. And it was so crampy.

This people whom fall asleep can eventually wake up in time for their alighting station. Weird right?

and i dun tink stomping will help resolve the problem... unless someone is able to do something very extreme on such courtesy policies, else sporeans will alwaz remain in this way.

if we are in places like TW, confirm will have seats one...

& the weird things is that when he "see" me sit down, can wake up & keep the paper in his bag then close his eye again till his station.

winnie,

countless ppl like this man.. they all think pregnant women are healthy, also have 2 good legs why need to sit??!! he has newspapers so need to SIT down then can read properly. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] what an idiot...

happymomo,

it's very nice of you to be willing to give ppl the benefit of the doubt. but if you are really feeling unwell or tired, please just ask for a seat. if you are not sure if the person in the reserved seat needs it more than you or not, ask someone else?? i don't wake up ppl who are sleeping. think they are genuinely tired... i aim those reading papers, playing with mobiles or just looking everywhere else but not at me. some days i really feel woozy on the train and not just want to sit down, but NEED to sit down otherwise i will feel breathless and start to see stars.

HS,

when i was in taiwan, reserved seats on the trains are always empty. the rest of the commuters rather stand and squeeze together than sit there. and they actually queue up to get in! so different in singapore, all dressed up so nicely but are like barbarians when pushing to get into the trains.

Thanks Starry, I will take note. Seriously, I am still unable to open my mouth to ask. I guess that will be a big problem.

What my greatest fear is when we approach 8 months plus, how can we take train to work. Although I board at Toa Poyoh and alight at Raffles, but I never had the chance to move into the centre of the cabin in the morning and is always at the door. Like today, I hv problem even to find a hand rail to hold on.

A lot of countries have more gracious people than us. Chinese I guess I am given up hope on them. Many are here to snatch snatch snatch, can take advantage, they will take advantage. (My apologies if there is any Chinese Nationale here) Others; the blue collar foreign nationales bring their behaviours from their third world countries. What to do, we are told that we need these people.

happymomo,

initially i also hesitated for a long long time to ask. i didn't ask for seats at all during my 1st pregnancy 'cos scared upset the person and also out of embarrassment. but this time round, really cannot stand it. i had several bleeding episodes during 1st tri so 'die die' must sit down. even when tummy wasn't showing yet, i just told the person that i wasn't feeling well and need a seat lor. usually they won't question further.

like you, i always have to stand at the doorway when i board at YCK. everytime super crowded and had to stand 1-2 stops then can move inside. once able to move in, i will try to get to the centre as much as possible and see if anyone will let me sit down. if i'm feeling okay, i will stand, if not, i will just ask whoever is in front of me, especially those youngsters.

Hi Starry, yup, maybe you can ask for seat. alternatively a lot of pple get down at bishan so should be able to get a seat.

I am pretty annoyed with these ppl too. I always asked myself if I should ask someone from a reserved seat to give me a seat or from any seats. There was an ocassion, a young lady reading from her iPad siting on the reserved seat, I stood infront of her for a few mins then asked polietly if I may have the seat. Although she stand up but her comment was " I did not see you what". I would rather she keep her mouth shut. Sigh.....

For myself, I don't ask for the seat too. Probably it's my charac. I do not try to hug my tummy too la...so I'll try to tell myself yes I can stand all the way from Boon Lay to Tg.Pagar.

However, after few tries, really cannot as i almost fainted. So not I'll take to the very last station in order to get a seat.

Luckily for me, my hubby would pick me up after work.

I m quite lucky though, started work this week n so far everytime got seat.. I dun mind standing as long as there is something for me to hold on to. Quite a few times some commuters sat on the seat where others gave up to me but cos my tummy not v obvious. Got one kept apologizing so loud say nvr see me, rather paiseh...

Winny, as for hospital, gynae will get the nurse to give u an admission ltr, nurse will also help u book de.. So u can just let them know before hand.

Good morning

Anyone recall someone from our forum recommend a shop selling bb clothes opposition Kuan Yin temple at bugis? Any idea which floor was it?

Thanks

Morning gals!

OshKosh having sale again... buy 1 tee free 2 tees... additional 20% if confirmed within 4 days...

HappyMoMo,

I have copied the shop into my bb list... This is it, but i nv been there before...

Bugis (Opposite Si Ma Lu, Guan Yin Temple)

Blk 269c Queens St #01-246

Mon - Sat: 9am - 6pm

Sun & PH closed

creamdonut,

same as winnie, i used cloth nappy as pillow when my babe was an infant. after that didn't use any. when i tried to let her sleep on a dimpled pillow, she didn't like it so removed.

creamdonut

I don't give pillow either in the first month, baby will sleep on a cloth with his head turned to one side, will rotate sides to sleep. Will get a dimpled pillow later on, maybe after 1-2 months.

creamdonut,

flat head only if baby is sleeping with his face up all the time, we always turned our girl's face to the side. If baby prefers to sleep facing up when he's older, consider using a dimpled pillow, its supposed to reduce the pressure on the back of the head. Lots of brands carry dimpled pillows.

I did not fold the cloth to a small pc... actually I used it more to catch milk dribble...

creamdonut,

i fold till the nappy is ard the size of a small pillow. actually not necessary to use anything at all. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my girl slept on her back but no flat head. if you are worried than just re-position your baby to sleep on the sides once in a while. shouldn't be a problem.

creamdonut

Any cloth will do, I used a large face towel. really just to catch milk dribble, you don't need a cloth if you don't want to.

That milk sock quite ex. Wasn't that effective as promised last time I used. Must find something suitable for preggy

unless sleep w sock but must wash feet after take off socks

Back