(2011/10) Oct 2011

Angie

did ur cousin get hers during e robinson expo sale or e robinson elsewhere? cos all playpen i saw were ard $300 aft discount then when i saw in this forum ppl bot theirs for $99 only then i think better go do more research 1st b4 buying... but to hb stability is e main concern..

Starry

Sorry mine is the normal post-natal not e classic 1, e classic 1 more ex.. E classic 1 for mummies gg for natural is $677 for 7 days.. It's 1hr per session and they r giving 1 free baby massage.. Dunno got hot stone anot.. Hmm seems like e originjamu is beta?? Longer plus more service? I wanted to get e $99 playpen initially but when e SA told me e height cannot adjust I change my mind.. V funny rite I remember most playpen got 2 level 1 lorz..

Bubblygeekypig

She got it during e Robinson expo sale N told me to Kip a lookout for it.. Hers was abt 50% disc, all e tings she bought during tt sale v cheap.. E graco stroller also $100+ but I saw it was $200+ at e Robinson sale jus nw..

angie,

yes that's very odd.. nv heard before cannot lower down the playpen.

i've not tried babiesbellies before so i don't know le. was with origins jamu and that was good. more expensive though.. 10 sessions ard $750. what is the difference between classic and normal? massage style differ?

Starry

I forget Liao.. I onli remember e lady say c-sec can onli do basic post-natal massage.. I dunno much abt massage de [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] mayb I will try calling originjamu n c wads e diff.. Beta to go for those wif gd review [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bubblygeekypig

Ya lorz.. Felt tt I made a wasted trip lorz.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Karen, I was supposed to see Dr Lim today too.... Cos I missed my appointment yesterday. He is very busy, yesterday too he had 2 csects (1emergency). So when you going next week? I'm planning to see him on Friday.

My rescheduled appt is on monday... So u also didn't get to see him today? Seems like he's busy today. Imagine doing 3 deliveries & 2 csect in 1 day... If I'm him, I will be peng

He works really hard!!!! Imagine his queue for a day is 50 paxs, so he definitely needs to reschedule his clinic patients if he get csect or delivery. Plus he don't encourage csect if unnecessarily so he cannot control his timing very well.

fantastar: ya, let's share the buddy package. I din c origins there.

the baby fair nothing much, saw peg perego, combi, maclaren, quinny strollers.

the baby inflatable swimming pool cheaper version was selling for 78 plus the neck float.

Dear Mommies, I also came back from the Baby Expo. Nothing much. I just signed with CORDLIFE.

Instead after Expo i went to Kaki Bukit. There are 2 baby showrooms there. I bought a Britax First Class Plus car seat and some daily necessities.

Dear bubblygeekypig, will email you the number of Auntie Su.

Dear Ginn, when are you going for the tour? Can you let me know your feedback too?

Dear Starry, i like the bathtub that you show coz i'm very clumsy too but my mil insist that she doesn't want it as she say that it would be hard to wash the back of the baby. But I really like the bathtub alot. But bo bianz...she volunteer to look after BB so must compromise.

Hi Dear all,

I over stocked on my Desitin Creamy 6oz expiring Nov 2012 and hence would like to let go of some.

Please let me know if you are keen... thanks lots.

Hi mummycoccyx, my answers to your questions:

1. annual fee $250

I was informed that they would increase the price soon

2. S$428 (according to the sales person initialy price S$599)

the lady mentioned increasing price in mid july. for the annual plan, have to pay 625 upfront, 250 annually, 1st 7 years can use baby's cdac account to pay, after that till age of 21 pay using cash.

how much is stemcord?

Winny

Rec'd Auntie Su's no.. thanx!

Went to babyfair over wkends but e scale is much smaller than motherhood fair.. but i did bot a 4-pc Carter romper wif 3 hankies n 3 socks and Avent sterilizer [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hihi mommies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope no blues for everyone today. i'm looking forward to end of the work day already. :p

creamdonut,

the mattress protector i bought for my baby felt hot. she was sweating from lying on it so we removed in the end. now never use. oh, must mention that that time she wasn't sleeping in aircon room, just normal fan. if you are going to place baby in aircon room then should be no problem bah.. think better cover the whole mattress and not just diaper part. newborn poo can shoot quite high up the butt area and out of the diaper sometimes.

winny,

nice of your mil to say that she will take care of baby for you le. if your mil is very steady with her hands then prob lah, use what bathtub also can. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my mom didn't use it too, only hubby and i did when we bathed our baby at home. but anyway, don't need to worry about difficulty washing baby's back. the position of the platform is such that baby will be sitting at the edge (that's why won't slide down into water), sort of like on a baby rocker. to wash the back, just let baby lean forward slightly can le.

Into 27th week. Feeling hell of uncomfortable. V diff to shift positions in bed. Groin Bone now hurts when walking n getting out of bed. Cannot sleep well.

Help! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Dear mummies, my sneezing, runny nose and congestion not getting better. Din sleep well all last night. Just saw gp and took meds. She says more like bad allergic rhinitis rather than flu[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] 2 days of mc. Really hope I get well soon... My wedding anniversary coming up this weekend. Was so looking fwd to staycation at MBS and buffet at melt the world cafe. Now can't smell or taste anything [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hope everyone is better.

Gilera: first wedding anniversary!!

Yes it does suck big time cos so many meds cannot take... Usually I take clarinase and continue working but now can onlly take the completely drowsy piriton and dome nose sprays.. Somehow the little one doesn't experience the side effects still kicking away and waking me up from my sleep..

Winterbluey: stem cord seems more expensive than cord life then. They have their prices on their website.

hi mummies: ok using my mc to research on breast pumps...i prob missed out the discussion on this.

but between medela freestlye and pump in style, cost aside, which is better??

Hubby & I are still deciding if we want to sign up for storing the sterm cells.... We are still weighing the pros & cons against the cost. We felt that it may not be worthy to freeze the cells. Hard choice.... he is against it & i wanted to sign for it...

mummycoccyx,

congrats on the wedding anniversary! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope your rhinitis gets better so that you get to enjoy the special day.

re: breastpump

if i'm not wrong, most mummies go for freestyle than pump in style as freestyle is a lot lighter and more portable. the whole motor fits into the palm and suction is very strong. plus got 2-phase expression technology..

ginn,

was in a dilemma last year too and in the end hubby and i decided not to sign up for it. we found it very expensive among other factors..

Stary,

It's quite costly... for 10years, its almost 3k... and after 10th year it we don't need it... it's so wasteful to discard it.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] it's like money gone into the drain...

however on the other hand...(touchwood) if there is any need, i'm afraid we'll blame ourself for not spending the money to store it... dilemma

ginn,

thought can store indefinitely? the cordlife sales person told me if wanna store 100 years also no problem. i agree on the cost factor. some ppl just treat it as a form of insurance lor. but it is not 100% guaranteed to work. and in some cases, you can't use your own cordblood due to genetic reasons.

cord blood

we've recently sign up for it paying annually... e sales person mention aft 21yrs it's up to our child to decide whether to con'd storing/donating or discard it away.. We are looking at paying it thru CDA but aft child turns 7yrs old then we'll pay by credit card/chq/cash.

nobody used or heard b4 Hygeia Enjoye pump? Was at e fair last wkend n this lady intro to me this particular pump seems like quite gd but it doesnt come cheap either still thinking whether to buy as i didnt hear this brand b4..

bubblygeekypig,

nv heard of that brand of pump before. got service centre in singapore? if don't have then better don't buy.

2nd/3rd time mummies, do you rent toys for your kids? thinking of renting activity tables/stations for my babe. she's getting increasingly bored at home on weekends and thought may be good to rent something to keep her occupied.

Mummycoccyx:

wow u fast pregnant after your wedding.. Good good. Enjoy your stay at MBS and buffet. I'm sure you will enjoy urself. Try to watch Lion King, it's very nice.

Regarding Medela Freestyle and Pump-In-Style, both are 2 phase technology that means pump and massage at the same time. Both motor power is almost the same but Freestyle motor is smaller (almost palm size). Freestyle allows you to be hands-free as there are straps to hang the pump and bottle onto your body. If I'm not wrong, PIS motor is attached to a bag, not sure if it's detachable

I'm finally seeing my baby later.. It's been so long since the 20th week detailed scan.

starry

if i dun remb wrongly, yes there's a svc ctr in sg.. cos she's selling medala n admeda as well but she's saying Hygeia Enjoye is similar to wat hosp is using..

bubblygeekypig,

is it cheaper? i guess you have to do some research before committing to buy. consider the noise level too. some pumps are very noisy. won't notice in the day but when pumping at night it's quite terrible..

Mummycoccyx:

wow u fast pregnant after your wedding.. Good good. Enjoy your stay at MBS and buffet. I'm sure you will enjoy urself. Try to watch Lion King, it's very nice.

Regarding Medela Freestyle and Pump-In-Style, both are 2 phase technology that means pump and massage at the same time. Both motor power is almost the same but Freestyle motor is smaller (almost palm size). Freestyle allows you to be hands-free as there are straps to hang the pump and bottle onto your body. If I'm not wrong, PIS motor is attached to a bag, not sure if it's detachable

I'm finally seeing my baby later.. It's been so long since the 20th week detailed scan.

starry

as i didnt do any research for this brand im unsure of the price but she claims to be cheaper + it has storage bag, cooler bag, sthg ard ur neck to support e pump (handsfree) n another 'pump' so u need not hunch fwd during bfing.. she claims tat noise level is similar to medala n e speed n suction r adjustable.. it does look a little industrial like - there's a machine for adjusting speed n suction and e pump so in future if anyone were to buy from u e party jus need to buy e pump n bottles, e machine can be reusable-more hygenic. 3yrs warrenty..

starry

yup this's e 1!! but becos this's US brand if i get it online e adapter will be diff thou price is really much cheaper + i dunno how to go abt ordering online in overseas... haha!! Im also worry tat e warrenty won't be valid in sg..

if buy from US then likely won't have local warranty. but i see the price is like might as well buy ameda pump which is cheaper and got spare parts readily available locally. if wanna sell also easier to sell off since the brand is more well-known?

don't worry about the adapter though.. very easily available from those japan home or $1.99-type stores... i got mine for $1.50 only.

My rescheduled appt is on monday... So u also didn't get to see him today? Seems like he's busy today. Imagine doing 3 deliveries & 2 csect in 1 day... If I'm him, I will be peng

starry

ya warrenty is e main concern cos there's a 3yr warrenty. spare parts i think it's avail in sg.. yes initially i was thinking might as well get ameda since more well known n cheaper but accordingly to e lady she's saying ameda is more 'fragile' n me being e rough n clumsy type will surely drop my stuff so 2nd tots agn n she's saying this's comparable to medala PIS but slightly cheaper n this's from e founder of medala as well but not really as well known..

boohoo.. i just talked to my mgr about maternity leave... i say im still considering if i shd take 16wks at one go, she say subject to discussion and approval.. bleh... sianz...

Just finish my visit to gynae. After 25 weeks, baby is weighing at 844gm and I have gained 8kg.

Doctor says I must avoid sweet drinks, soft drinks and drink only water. Aiyo, how to meet such high standards??! Already no massages, no travelling, no wine, no durian, now must take away my least indulgence of sweet drinks... Pregnancy has got so much sacrifice...

As I nag about how "cham" I am now, my hubby says "For the joy that's set before your eyes, endure the next 3 months".. Those of who are Christians will find this verse familiar. And he even said he will "support" me by helping me to drink the sweet drinks... Feel like boxing him :x

RE: CORDLIFE

My hubby was not 100% convinced why we shd spend the $$ on this but I don't feel safe if I do not go for it so in the end we signed up for the Annual Plan.

My consultant is called Sarah and she advised that we could used CDA until 6 years not 7 years.

The One-time Initial Payment is SGD1250 but we using CDA to deduct.

RE: Breatpump

I've got myself Medela Freestyle as it was highly recommended by my SIL.

Hey karen, Massage is still ok. Go for those reputable prenatal ones. For myself I still go massage

Cordblood, I didn't store mine in those private ones. I juz donate to public bank but I think if your blood group belong to special group then it's advisable to do so bah...

Genesis,

ok la, my body not aching yet. Maybe towards the last trimester I will go for the massage.

Regarding cold water:

I asked my gynae and he said " Cold water is fine but your parents may not say so." haha.. Seems like my gynae already predicted why I asked this qns.

Cordlife:

Everyone pay for it? My #1 we did not donate nor store. #2 most likely to be the same.

I will be seeing gynae tml. Yeah~ After 1 month...

Mummies,

Anyone feel like 'gong gong' in the morning like not enough blood to the brain? I have been feeling it yesterday and today. Dun know if it's sleeping position or?

genesis28, which pre-natal massage u go? Any recommendation for those that comes to the house type?

Just one late night to old town cafe n I am down w flu n cough liao. Already can't sleep well now sick.

Recently spotted new stretch marks in e mirror. Without mirror can't see below navel area! Not too bothered as already have existing white horizontal ones. The new ones are small red vertical lines. Aiyo!

Back