(2011/10) Oct 2011

snuppy

breastpads are for catching the leaking milk when you breastfeed. when baby feeds on 1 side, the other breast will also have a let down (leak milk). It can be quite a big gush. Cloth (reuseable) breastpads will retain the wet feeling and you'll need to change often to prevent thrush/rash. A good disposable pad will keep the surface dry and the milk will be trapped in the pad to become gel, very much like a diaper so you'll stay comfortable. I used around 4-6 breastpads a day. Recommend to try Pigeon or Tollyjoy. Do not buy the mothercare brand, its very hot and wet. Unless they have a new improved version... but it was also quite scratchy so i didn't like it.

minidiary: u scroll till product details, it will indicate "Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S."

usually, singapore is included. if not, u can juz add to cart and keep in a singapore address, if cannot ship here, there will be a prompt asking u to remove that item.

Tamms,

Many many thanks for that!!!!

I didnt know that our sexy boobs need to be taken care of in such manner... (o,o)

very interesting man.

I just Called up TMC and asked about my blood test.

Nurse said everything is okay but need to improve my blood sugar.. only 11.8

so i told her i having this breathelessness and giddy faints. she said better i eat something in the morning b4 stepping out of the house.

maybe mummies who are suffering the same can eat/drink sth b4 gg to work.

lastly, after 23 yrs i finally found out my blood group [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Karen Yeo,

My IC doesnt state the blood group, i was told that those who born in my year (rabbit yr 1987), their ic will not bear the blood group. i also don't know why.

My friends keep asking me what's my blood group, they thought i'm trying to be secretive but the reason is i really don't know.

but now i know..

Snuppy,

Yeah... my meimei also born in the same year as you & she duno her blood type too. but we conclued her as O as my parents are O & both my elder sis & I are O... so she sld be O...

Hi mummies,

Anyone interested in getting Baba Luna Baby Carrier? I am going to place an order by Thursday. PM me if interested.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5662630.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5662631.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5662632.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5662633.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5662634.jpg]

How to use:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BabaLunaBaby

Unlike upright carriers the Baba Luna Baby Carrier puts no unnatural pressure on a babies developing spine.

Breast-Feeding with the Baba Luna Baby Carrier is simple, convenient and discreet giving parents the freedom to feed their baby while on the go.

The Baba Luna Baby Carrier has a safety buckle for added peace of mind and a unique adjustment systems that adjusts to fit all shapes and sizes. This buckling system allows the wearer to simply unclip the carrier without disturbing a sleeping baby.

The Baba Luna Baby Carrier is so simple to use that it can be shared with grandparents, older siblings, friends and even baby sitters.

Karen,

A frd ever told me, her doc told her that cold drink go into stomach also become warm..so sure can drink, lolx..

Some people claim that eating orange will cause phelgm in the bb when they are born..but I guess, Orange has lots of vitamins too..

so, Conclusion is eat everything in moderation. don't over eat and indulge.

I love cold drinks very much with my #2... Hb and mom very upset with me cos they worried BB will be weak after birth. I will try control myself in the next coming weeks.

i drank alot of cold water for my 1st pregnancy.. also fruit ice blended that i made myself at home... my gal got sensitive nose, her nose always flow like no tmr.... but then she dont get cough or asthma...

this pregnancy i also got drink.. i told myself, go into the stomach warm liao mah.. haha

No worry lar... I think it really depends on mummy's health. Old people saying, so if can avoid... We should just follow it. Anyway it is for our BB good.

Hi Prettymums,

I will like to order a freestyle from you . Can i have e details(account no. to transfer to) and the amount to transfer again? Thanks!!

Regarding cold drinks:

ya I also read from somewhere drinking cold water is fine cos the acid in our stomach will make the water warm. In fact it says that hot/cold water doesn't matter, drinking lotsa water is good for baby.

Just like what u mummies say, other generation keeps saying that cold water will make our baby prone to running nose and flu when born. They also say orange makes baby prone to phelgm.

It's "fan" to hear pple telling me that I shdn't do this and that, when my heart tells me otherwise. So.. I shall have my gynae to confirm all these sayings so that I can tell my mum and MIL that "the gynae says so..." haha... (Esp since my gynae is also my MIL's gynae)

just received a Belly Belt for my belated birthday gift. So funny... Now thigh so big also can't fit into my fav jeans so really dunno what to do about it. Maybe keep it for #2? haha...

By the way my friend just passed me a Medela Freestyle. What are some of the parts I should replace to prac hygiene?Those who are using this can give any advice?

For those of you who like Quinny and considering to buy one, maybe can consider Quinny Zapp instead of Quinny Buzz cos the metal frame is lighter I feel. Although Buzz has got bigger wheels, I think the smaller wheels are gd enough for Singapore terrain and flooring. Moreover Zapp is cheaper!

Talking about carrier:

Personally I think it's easier for mummies to use carrier than stroller esp when we are out alone with baby. But I seldom see parents using carrier in Singapore, most of the time see

babies in stroller. So seriously I ask myself:

"how many times will I be out with the baby alone?"

"when will I use a carrier instead of a stroller? When I'm out not too long? When Going somewhere nearby? When baby still not very heavy?"

So experienced mummies, do u think it's necessary to buy a carrier?

I got in one for myself but then someone emailed me and said she wanted it.. so i sell it to her first... I will try to get it in again next spree...

u still want it?

karen

with the carrier, don't forget that you'll still need to take your diaper bag along when you're out so that's an extra bag to carry. carriers will be good for quick outings, but for shopping days, or just times when I want to walk around and have coffee, I prefer taking the stroller. But I do drive, so if you need to use public transport, carrier might be better for you.

mommies whom have had epidural w natural birth

pain is ZERO with epi?

after delivery then all teh pain comes?

anyone had epi w c-sect?

means you are awake while they cut u up? OMG

my colleagues said my bump very small [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

a bit low morale ..

cos my friend who is 2 weeks earlier, her bump is quite obvious as compared with mine..

gilera

Pain was ZERO for me when I had epi. BUT there are some cases where epi provides only partial or little relief, but those are the minority. After delivery there is no pain, only the feeling of soreness from delivery, but that gets better in a few days to a week.

dicovery health channel been having lots of birth stories and deliveries. some like bo-dai-chi, some screaming "get it out, get it out"...

my hb warned me not to get too engrosed and start pushing while i watching tv last night... lol

the doctors will hand you a blood covered BB? thought they will at least clean the BB up first.

thats what i watched last night. and one even get teh mother to feel the BB head whilst its crowning at her V... oh my!!!

gilera

when my girl was born there was no blood. The blood came only from my episiotomy, and afterwards when the placenta was expelled.

ZERO pain does not mean zero sensation?

then how we know when to push - still can feel contractions or not..

when / if gynae breaks water bag with a hook? does that hurt since water bag is all teh way in?

how soon should i ask for epi?

my bump seems getting big very fast but still look like fats. when i sit down still like 2 big spare tyres. stnad up the top and bottom tyre still can see . its not a perfect round bump.

i dunno how much bigger it will get - its getting in the way when i sit at desk, when in need hang the bamboo poles outside. got obstruction.

gilera

I could still feel the sensation, and could feel when the baby was coming so I called a nurse in to inform my doctor. I felt the pressure of my baby's head at my cervix when I was fully dilated. basically all the feelings were there for me, except for the pain, and I knew when I was ready to push.

You should ask for the epidural early, cos the nurses will need to get the documentation done as well as call in an anaesthesiologist. That can take 1 hr. If by then you are already almost fully dilated, your request will be turned down.

gilera

it all depend on your own pain trash hold. You can have a try of the contraction feeling when given birth time. Don't feel hurt when doc break the water bag.

I go without epi first, cos don't whether I can or not, after a few hrs then decide to have the epi. It really help to relax your body & don't feel anything even when it is time, the nurse & doc just see the contraction chart to ask me to push cos I did not feel anything.

karen, replace the funnel, the yellow color thing and the rubber that is attach to that yellow thing.. haha.. i duno what that yellow thing is called.. tube not need to replace..

gilera, there is no pain when contraction happens.. u can feel some kind of pressure at the anus area, similar to shitting feeling.. i told my gynae and nurse that i feel like shitting.. and duno whether i pushing shit or baby.. haha...

baby will not be bloody de.. maybe a few streaks of blood.. they live in waterbags mah...

epidural dosage can be adjusted slowly, so that u can still feel contraction without the pain

breaking of waterbag.. my previous gynae very experienced, she used her fingers break. no pain.. i heard this current of mine use some stick to poke the bag, this poking action got pain one...

before dilated 4 or 5cm, u can still opt for epidural.. after that no use liao.. for me,i cant tahan the pain when the contraction meter was reading 70plus... cannot imagine how 100 is like man... so, when i was pushed into delivery ward, ard 2cm dilated, i asked for epidural liao..

gilera, i had c-section with spinal block, almost like epi. Yes, i was wide awake but i didn't think of the "cutting up" part, i was more excited waiting for #1 to come out. recovery post-op was fast and painless.

yday watched discovery h&h i saw a story of a woman having 40 hour labour and in the end nearly lost her womb due to unstoppable bleeding, though she got her natural birth desire. that got me deciding i won't risk bb and my life just because i want to have a VBAC. however way #2 comes out is God's will.

Dear experienced mommies,

can you tell me if pre-natal massage necessary?

I just signed a package $800 with Jamu Wellness and my hubby has been nagging since i reached home and say this is gimmick.

Can anyone give me their opinion?

Hi! mummies,

Long time did not post here liao.

Wao, now most of you are alrdy talking abt delivery liao :)

Any mummy had alrdy count dwn to their Maternity Leave? Me very kiasu, had chk the date for my maternity leave. Very fast, there is another 3 mths later then I can start my ML liao. I intend to take from 03/10 to 22/01 (16 weeks). As I don’t wish to be “rugi” for the PH for CNY on 23/01 and 24/01 and normally my company will be shut dwn for the next few days so I purposely to start my ML to 1 week early :p am I very “niao (calculative)” har? hee..hee..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5668001.jpg]

Hi Roxanne:

Are these the parts you are referring to:

Part A: The funnel

Part B: The Yellow Part

Part C: The rubber next to the yellow part?

Part C is detachable but Part A and B are not. So if I order these parts, Part A and B will come together also right?

I dunno why the tubes that my friend passes to me has got black moulds in them. Hence I'm wondering if ok to use them

emilybaby

Is good to calculate properly. Me too dont wanna "rugi". This year Christmas falls on Sunday, Monday is a P.H. I have not decide on my Maternity leave yet, but i wont take all 16 weeks.

hello,

i read one mummy wrote the last time that the last 8 weeks is based on working days so public holidays are not counted?

how does the ML works? the gynae will count for us and tell us exactly when is the last day of the official Maternity Leave and give us an MC? like hospital leave?

luv (luvagape)

yes that 40 hr labour woman was so stubborn

not sure if same show or the one after - saw this c-sect op and they had clamps to hold open tummy - yuks! very big wound lei... how come yours was "recovery post-op was fast and painless."

Winny (winny)

yor package $800 only for pre-natal massage or with post?

emilybaby (emily1079)

was also thinking of the PH days we will lose out on. yet another mummy said can claim? i dun think so. will miss one in oct 26, nov 7 and dec 26 + jan CNY ... oh its on mon and tues... but dun wanna go back half half like that... not full hearted to take back tasks la....

Karen, if got mould better change.. For Part A, B, C.. best to change everything... i very kia si one..

I think prettymums, our oct mummy too got sell parts.. u can go to www.prettymums.com to see..

Winny, i went for prenatal massage for 3 times during my first pregnancy... its only for relax purpose.. i think postnatal more impt

Jasmine, yup, Christmas fall on Sun & Mon is PH, same as New year 01/01 too :-( we rugi liao. So means that you will keep yr balance of 8 weeks to be cleared later on?

Gilera, ya lor, we will rugi 4 PH from 26 Oct to 02 Jan, so I don’t wish to rugi the PH for CNY again..i also don’t like to be troublesome and go back to work half half like tat..so better to “settle” all in one time..since we hav 6 days of Childcare leave per year + our ANL, I think it should be enough liao. You can go Ministry of Manpower website to chk for more details abt the ML.

pofy, Is me.. haha.. all along i am working as HR..

the first 8 weeks after birth is straight 8 weeks.. so if PH falls within these 8 weeks, u still need to take ML..so this part is lugi...

Do note that for some companies, they are okie for staff to start the straight 8 weeks before delivery..

So whether before or after delivery got more PH or how to play around to maximise leave, u must ask ur HR liao..

the next 8 weeks go by working days, like normal leave like that.. so not lugi... for us, is straight 8 weeks of ML from birth, so that employees cannot cherry pick...

im also thinkin to go for prenatal massage. any recommendations? feeling my thigh is getting big big like elephant.. like water retention over there and also my face.

Gilera:

I agree everytime I watch Channel 425 on Baby Story it scares me.

Just watched one episode where there was one mummy who keeps screaming and another one very calm and her delivery seems easier. So I tell myself I must not freak out and be stress on that day. But I think easier said and done.

Regarding Epidural:

Have been reading a book - K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Series) Guide to Pregnancy.

One chapter talks about the different stages of delivery process. And it is mentioned that Epidural can slow down contraction process hence won't be given too early. They show pictures how epidural is injected through a tube that's inserted into our lower spine area to numb our lower body.. very scary.

Through the book I learnt some interesting facts about our baby now that we are approaching end of 2nd trimester:

1. Some mummies will start experiencing backache due to increasing weight of fetus. Wearing a pregnancy support girdle and swimming may help.

2. Sleeping on our back constricts blood and oxygen circulation in the major vein supplying nutrients to your baby and also adds weight on our intestines. Best position to sleep is lying on our sides (left is ultimately preferred, but either sides is fine).. no mentioning of why Left Side is preferred.

3. Mummies become forgetful(yes in my case...my husband complains) but this is temporary and will disappear after pregnancy. (Phew! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] )

4. Time of rapid growth for baby:

At the end of 5th month, fetus is about 20-30cm, 225-450gm

At the end of 6th month, fetus is about 28-35cm, 680gm

5. Baby has fingerprints now and fingernails have grown to the tip of fingers.

6. Baby sleeps and wakes up at regular interval

7. Baby has began practicing breathing now and may even be sucking its thumb

8. Baby's skin is red and wrinkled

9. Eyelids began to part and eyes are open at 26 weeks. Twins can even see each other and hold hands (Wow!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] )

10. Baby can now share our emotions. When your pregnancy is cluttered with emotional stress (esp last 3 mths), we will have a higher risk of having a child who is anxious and becomes a difficult sleeper when born.

At this point, I told my husband don't upset me ah...haha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

11. Chemical compounds cross the placenta to join the amniotic fluid to provide fetus with tastes and odours.

Whenever I tell my hubby that I wanna eat something because the baby wanna eat, he always say it's my excuse as I am the only one enjoying the food, not the baby. Last night when I showed him the book that says "You are not the only one enjoying your favourite foods and drinks while pregnant. in 2nd trimester, baby starts to taste and smell what I ingest."...he got nothing to say....Yeah!

12. Ear structure is complete at 24 weeks and fetal listening begins. Our own voices is particularly more powerful as it is transmitted to the womb through our body, compared to outside sounds.

Gilera, $800 is only for pre-natal. 12 sessions.

Jamu Spa Wellness quoted $888 for post-natal. 7 sessions at home and 6 other massages at their spa. Havent sign yet as not sure how good/traditional they are.

The auntie said pre-natal is essential to reduce water retention, relax our muscles and help us with our aches as our tummy gets bigger and heavier. So we can concentrate in pushing rather than here and there aching.

I really do not know how true but I googled abt pre-natal massage and it says it's essential for a healthier and happier pregnancy.

Pray&Love, i cant recommend mine to you as I'm not sure if this spa place is good. I tried mine for the first time today and it's just like normal aroma massage just that it's done side ways. Done by muslim auntie. Here's the link if you are interested:

http://www.jamuwellness.com/

re: post-natal massage

my mum advised me strongly to go for the 10-day package, so that it will be more 'effective' .. anyway, planning to check out if there are better deals at the baby fair this weekend .. if nothing, then i will sign up for the buddy package ..

re: pre-natal package

i have initially wanted to sign up for it, but heard horrible stories from friends that if the massage lady is not skillful, it might do more harm than good so i have been tolerating all the achings ..

re: maternity leave

me planned to work all the way until i deliver and will take my maternity leave until end of this year .. will report to work after new year .. for the remaining maternity leave, i am planning to clear 2 days each week until i finish them up ..

Hi all ,

I have some Cheap maternity wear and new borne items to clear ,all in good condition . Take a look at below website for more items that I will continue to load weekly !

Baby clothes - All at $4 each

Maternity clothes - from $5 each

Delivery charges included!

Baby wear

https://picasaweb.google.com/110078146443565311372/NewBorn?authkey=Gv1sRgCPK6q8mFsNXY_gE&feat=directlink

Maternity:

https://picasaweb.google.com/110078146443565311372/PrelovedMaternity?authkey=Gv1sRgCNKlzLbMioGBNw&feat=directlink

Back