(2011/10) Oct 2011

Hi Minidiary, how much did u get for your quinny buzz? Thinking of getting one too cos i got a maxi combi infant car seat and they say can attach it to any quinny stroller

I bought the quinny buzz 2009 series, u.p $1198, now selling $839. With taka credit card, can get back $80 taka voucher! Today last day for the promo.

Quinny buzz 2011 series, more expensive and do not have the extra seat cover.

That time motherhood fair spring maternity selling $839 too and baby hyper store. All same price! If u have taka credit card, then quite good deal... Can get back $80 voucher!

Then better go early. They issue 1000vouchers of $10 per day. Only two days and today last day already! The taka vouchers no expiry! So next time we can use for taka bb fair... Yesterday I went there at around 7pm...luckily still got vouchers

creamdonut

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the sleepywrap, its really very comfortable for mom and baby, I had one in red. The only issue I have with it is the heat, but its ok if you use when you go shopping, but not walking around in the park. It is great for newborns and young babies, but for older babies, its better to get backpack style with a wide hip belt so that the heavy weight can also be distributed on your hips. Manduca, Beco and Ergo are better for older babies and toddlers. If you want a carrier that your hb will also use, then opt for backpack style.

The lady at babyslingsandcarriers is really very helpful and friendly, I bought a carrier from her.

Hazel u must make sure that your maxi cosi car seat model is one that can fit into a quinny. There are several types of maxi cosi car seats, not all are designed to fit

Hi mummies

Sorry to interrupt...I'm from Jan2011 mummy group..

I have left over 4 bottles of D.O.M which given by relatives during my confinement month. Thinking to sell it away. PM me if you are interested. thanks

Karen, Thanks for the info. I haven got it cos too lazy to get out of house today. hee.. think i'll get it during the baby fair in July

Don think I'm good in wrapping myself with the baby haha... Think just let the newborn sleeps on stroller if go out.. The manduca can carry from 3.5kg onwards... So I think 3months can carry the baby aredi.

You buying both?

creamdonut: if you are using a baby sling, you can use that as a nursing cover .. If not, I feels that the poncho type will be better ..

apply olive oil over cracked nipples .. Works for me ..

nursing cover:

I use the apron type with a rigid wire at the neckline. Worked fine for me.

Cracked nipple:

By the time you're nursing, no need to apply oil, just press out a bit of milk and spread over your nipples, let it air dry. Will heal very fast.

Hi mummies, I have a medela freestyle pump for sale. It is a local set, still under warranty. It comes with its original packaging, with necessary items included. It is in very good condition as I had only used it for 1.5 mths due to low supply. I have not used the lithium ion battery as i only used the power cord. I will throw in free of charge Pigeon breast pads, milkbags as well. Interested parties, pls sms Jas @ 96358398. Self collection @ Pioneer MRT station.

I apply twice only.. Just for fun.. Found super sticky leh.. N my nipples look super glossy like after apply honey.. So don really like. But I have bought medela nipple cream and earth mama nipple butter to standby la

Karen,

My vertical line not obvious still

Ya me too. Can see more hairy tummy than the line.

Yeah just get prepare first ma and I like to try new things.. So for fun, applied it. Tomolo my appt wit dr Ben, have u go for urs?

good morning mummies,

hpw's everyone? i'm so tired. woek at at 2.30am last nite to go toilet break. after that i cant slp. I was hungry & hubby was snooring away. In the end i ate half a slice of wholemeal bread & ask my bb to let me slp.....

Today i'm like a zoombie.... *tired & sleepy*

morning everyone !!

im feeling abit sianz.. my lower back is aching. sit too long ache, stand too long ache, walk too long ache. yest i stayed at home almost whole day, back also ache. then at night, really try to make conscious effort to sleep on my left, cos scared sleep in other positions will really affect bb.

haiz..17 more wks to go.. haf to pray hard that the backache dun get worst. i dun wan to b grounded at home during wkends =((

Jasmine,

Y u slp so late? cant slp?

I purposely dun slp till so late on sunday morning, wake myself up at 10am... so sunday nite i can get to sleep. but last nite was not a good nite to slp.....

now, my eyes r dry & painful... which i didnt even apply any eye make up today... so can see my panda sleepy eyes

morning mummies,

i also cannot sleep well..

cos now i practised sleeping on my left, and whole body weight is on my left shoulder blade.. sometime too deep in sleep will suddenly wake up cos of the sore and aching on my left shoulder.. anyone also experience this?

Experienced mama, how to have a good night sleep then ??

haiz.. i guess most mummies will experience this suffering [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] v hard to sleep well. I wake up countless times too. either to pee, or just cant sleep well. turn here turn there also not right.

seldom have a good night sleep. i rem 3rd trimester even worse!

Ginn

Cant sleep. I lie on bed at 11 but cant get to sleep. =( *sob sob*

Now having gastric pain cos last night cant sleep stomach growling but i dont want wake up and eat.

seems like most mummies cant slp well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

me too either wake up to pee or too hungry but refuse to wake up and eat or keep having dreams aft dreams non-stop hrrgh!!

Gynae did say sleep is diff n esp when u can finally fall asleep it's 7am : time to get up for work.

Maybe it's our training time when bb arrives. Almost everynight will hv some dream that can remember in the morning. Often dream I smoking, which I hv since quit. Stressed?

My dark line not v dark. Asked hb he say tooany marks n lines on my tummy it's confusing !angry!

Anyone feeling bruise like pain at groin? lift up leg to Wear undies pain and just press on front groin area also feel as if got bruise.

gilera- hahaha! maybe ur subconscious mind is missing smoking?? kekeke.. actually its v common to dream of smoking & drinking for those who quit. make sure u dont smoke again after birth le!!! stay clean! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hmm.. i also do feel pain at groin arera at times. i think maybe due to my heavy weight now?.. body trying to adjust i guess

creamdonut,

i'm having difficulties to sleep. cannot lie on right or back cos doesnt feel comfortable, only can remain on my left.

sometimes i doubt i have sufficient rest.

GinnCai,

Me too. feels like ZzZZZ since today no one in office... hahah

afternoon mummies .. have been clearing my workload since this morning, but it is getting more instead of less .. now have to plan for covering during my ML =(

did not have a good night sleep as well .. problems similar to all mummies here =( tired tired tired ..

gilera, regarding groin pain.. u have to observe ur movements to prevent it from getting worse.. when u sleep, put a pillow/bolster in between ur legs.. when u shift ur legs, example get out of car, do it with both legs instead of one then the other.. ard 2-3 days the pain will be gone...

Hi mummies!

I just came back couple of days ago from my babymoon! Now trying to make the best out of whatever is left of my holidays [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Re sleeping position: I just experienced discomfort today. First time ever... I woke up in middle of the night because I thought I was suffering from gastric pain. The centre below the chest area was like very uncomfortable... as if I am having indigestion! But when I turned to sleep on my sides, I felt fine already.

Does this mean no more sleeping on the back? That's my comfort position boohoooo... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Re dark line: Mine's not obvious... I think it varies from person to person.

Re groin pain: I thought I was the only one experiencing this! Is this because baby is growing heavier?

Creamdonut:

Yah, i referring to the dark line which I also heard it's part of pregnancy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I also noticed tat i hv more hairs on my tummy area. I tend to perspire more during my pregnancy so I guess that's y i have more hairs than last time on my tummy area. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Snuppy:

Reagarding neck ache, try a fuller pillow. (Not harder one.. you can get a soft yet fuller pillow)

Thnx, will hv to pretend wearing tight mini skirt to keep thighs together when get on / out car.

Everytime when ask hb put hand on bb to feel bb movement, bb dun move. Hb nv feel, bb will move. Hai

Oh by the way, I notice that sometimes when I arch my back to stretch and have my tummy protrude out even more, there is a patch right through the centre of my tummy where something will protrude out. Is that the baby? It looks like the backbone of the baby and feels like some soft bone...

Anyone has the same experience?

Hi mummies...

I'm back from my appt. Bb is growing well although my bump still so small. Bb weighs 684g at 24weeks now. Last visit detailed scan only 328g.

Sleeping position, I find difficult to fall asleep on left side. I'm always sleep on right side. My gynae told me the best is of course left, but right side can too. And the worse it's avoid lie flat...

minidiary, i read a book and it says what ur gynae advises... sleep on sides, preferably on left.. dont sleep on back and nvr ever sleep on tummy! guess i must kick the habit of sleeping on tummy already..

ur bb is growing healthily... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ur gynae nvr mention anything abt ur bump right

Roxanne,

Me too experiencing right side backpain.... the left side is okie....

my front bum, on the top also a bit painful. it's the black line that is showing out. when i rub it gently, it is quite painful.

He said every mummies are different and bb is growing at good rate. Not too big so easier to give birth later on. I gained another 2.5kg in one month. My next visit is another one month time, hopefully don gain too much lo... Now all together, I've gained 8kg!

Ya he mentioned there's even mummy sleep on tummy and can give birth well too. So don worry too much

Minidiary,

you bb has double his size too.. but compare to mine, he is in the acceptable weight range... my bb seems to be huge at 850g at 24week.... guess i cant eat so much deep fried or tibits...and the bone under my brest on the left & right side is quite painful @ times....

My back also pain.... and there is still 16weeks to go... *Gosh* cant imagine at 9th month, mayb i cant even walk.

My gynae said don eat durians, longan, lychee and mango. I have been eating mangoes.. Large mangoes... I think close to 20 mangoes during my pregnancy, some more eat at 11pm... Haha he said all this high in calories.

I also eat lots deep fried stuffs too. I think u better don wear wired bra since there's pain on the breast bone... Im still wearing wired bra, just feeling tight even bought bigger size

creamdonut

The wire on top of the nursing apron maintains an open space at the top so that you can easily look down at your baby. I like it also that this space can provide better airflow above baby's face.

I'm using bebe au lait that i bought in 2008. Now there are cheaper options from other brands and local producers, but the fabric from this brand is very pretty.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5624421.jpg]

any one used Mybrestfri​end nursing pillow?

is it very good? SIL says only that can relieve her from wrist pain from contantly holding BB which getting heavier and heavier.

the waist strap can fir to wat waist measurement?

placed at waist or under boobs?

Back