(2011/10) Oct 2011

fantastar, I'm 13w6d today and my MS is back!! Almost vomitted just now.. Argh.. I thought it was gone after a period of non-attack!

fantastar, mine nv went away leh, i am 12wks+ already. still on medication lor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

baby_mummy: Take care & rest well.... your bb will be fine. keep a positive attuide... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

fantastar,

I'm still having my MS... Had a bad morning today cos my stomach feel like vomitting & nothing come out from my mouth. It's all the sound & it's continious.... then when i'm bathing, those yellowish bitter sourish juices were vomitted out.... I didnt hv a good morning today... I'm feeling a little headache today. But it's fine after my lunch. Not sure if it's because I left myself to sleep when i'm hungry. I didnt have appeitie at night so I didnt finish my rice. I slept at 10pm last nite so i didnt want to eat anything before that as I'm afraid of gaining weight. So I've to suffer in the morning. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

have heard from others that ms will go away after 1st trimester .. felt a bit cheated by that statement =p

besides the usual nauseated feeling, bloatedness and loss of appetite, I also have headache .. this made it worse as I have history of migraine and I always depend on strong painkillers .. now cannot take any of those painkillers, so I am drinking coke whenever I got the slightest headache ..

due to my loss of appetite, I lost 2 kgs over 2 weeks .. when I want to lose weight, I cannot manage to lose even 1 gram .. now that I do not want to, I am losing weight .. frustrating!! no appetite earlier on, but forced down a bowl of kway teow soup .. really hopes ms will go away soon ..

Hi mummies, just had my first trimester screening today. disappointed. Risk of down's syndrome is low but baby's neck thickness is thicker than normal so doctor says may have heart defects but may also be normal, cannot tell now cos too small to see.Need to do detailed heart scan in 2 weeks. Feel quite sad when I heard that. But trying to keep positive and pray for the best. Wanted to go shopping for maternity clothes but now no mood just stoning in front of tv....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 1:42 pm:   

Hi all! It's really sweet to read all e well wishes!

Dr Khi actually wrote me off as a cfm failed pregnancy as e heart beat she saw at 7wks is gone. With e spotting n size of fetus unchanged aft 3 wks, she is actually preparing me for the worst. She is not prescribing me any pills nor jabs.

As I do my research, it seems like my chance is almost 0%!! but bef I receive medical prove via e hcg blood test, I will nt giv up!!

Hehe nw I am praying that e scan n heart beat for e first scan is inaccurate lah. Coz it was really blur n I nv getvto hear e bb heart beat! We'll see hw tmr.

I wish I had taken better care of myself for the past few wks! Eg rest more, walk less, work less too! My 1st pregnancy was super smooth! No MS! No spotting! Even 2 falls at e ice skating rink and a fall Fr e chair has no impact. So I guess I had been too complacent and took e 2nd pregnancy lightly. So mummies, if you u r feeling tired, pls rest!! It's the best thing u can do for the baby!

I'm stuck in bed now and waiting for my Hb who will be flying back tmr. I guess besides resting n praying there really isn't much I can do. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

baby_mummy> read your post earlier, take care and rest more. Do get a 2nd opinion if you can, all the best to you n bb! *pat pat*

baby_mummy and mummycoccyx, try not to worry nor be upset. it's not good for you and bb. take care! i'm still rooting and praying for you.

fantastar, i'm still having my occasional nausea though i'm 14w6d. if i don't sleep by 10pm, i'd have terrible headaches too.

tamms, i tasted my own bm lately. it isn't sweet anymore, most of the time it's bland and occasionally smell bitter. my boy has been having a rough time lately so i'm still latching him on/off. i read from babycenter from now until delivery i'm producing the precious colostrum so hopefully he'll be super healthy.

hb and me have sort of decided not to have my PILs take care of #2 anymore. He/she'll go to IFC at 4mos due to MIL needed to go chiropractor for 3days/week. hope #2 will be as healthy, if not healthier than boy.

baby_mummy and mummycoccyx,

very sorry to hear what happened. my thoughts are with you gals. do stay positive & keep the faith going.

mtbs, me down with fever, flu & sore throat. went to woody's for meds last night. wanted him to write me a consent letter for my travel in 2wks time. then he tell me no need cos he cant tell i'm preggie so others wont too... @#$%

fantastar: you are not alone, i am having really bad MS as well with really bad headaches. Weekdays at work seems to be better (maybe work takes my mind off it), weekends i'm almost confined to bed. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] still on medi for vomitting but nothing for the headache. we'll pull through this!!

mummycoccyx: jiayou!

twinklewen,

u are the same as me.. when i'm at work, i do not get so bad headache... but on weekend at home, I felt my head is spinning & I'm so giddy that I cant get up to eat. watching TV make it worse... I can only force myself to slp so I cant feel the headache....

ginn, finally someone like me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] tot i was the only weird one.my hubby always jokes that my baby is workaholic baby...not funny!!

anyway i miss going out on weekends and being active...sick of feeling sick..but on another hand kinda help save $$$ as I haven't been spending money since i'm always home on weekends haha

bitter sweet

Hi mummies,

so long havent been to this thread, hope all of u are doing well, today is the first day that i stopped taking utrogestran, spotting came back [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] waiting to talk to doctor now...

starry,

hope your spotting has stopped already by now.... my sister had fresh red bleeding during her first tri when she was having no2, the diagnosis was incompetent cervix, and she had serclage (cant remember the exact speling) done, u may want to check with your gynae to make sure cervix has not dillated yet just to be on the safe side... not trying to scare u, but feeding u with more info so that u can do your best for your baby, jiayou! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

baby_mummy/mummycoccyx,

will be praying for you all and have faith in baby! adopt a positive mindset for now and keep talking to baby, hope you all will have miracle babies like yan! jia you!

mummies whom have signed up for TMC FBI card, have you received a call from a lady claiming to be from TMC wanting to visit your house to explain more about FBI card? wonder what is this purpose as she sounds very hard sell.

is this normal? card already signed up lei...

is TMC prenatal class called "Child Birth Education Course"? is it useful to go for it?

when can we take up pre natal yoga , normal community centre good enough ?

mummycoccyx, dont worry so much, it will all turn out fine de.. i got a fren whose baby got a hole in the heart, now also very healthy...

re: MS

It came back to me again and i woke up to vomit at 5am plus yesterday... so bitter and sickening.. almost couldnt rush to toilet in time though toilet is just beside me

roxanne,

so fast u receive ur card. when u signed up? I havent receive yet, waiting for the card to register for Child Birth Education Course... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

gilera,

I never received any call from a lady like you said...

mummycoccyx,

be positive! ur bb should be healthy and strong! we will have a smooth and good pregnancy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Minidiary, the receipt will serve as the temporary card. You need not wait for the card to sign up for the class [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i signed up during bb fair too but still havent receive. I want to register the course online and they require FBI no, I dunno what should i key in...

Minidiary : think they reco from 2nd tri can join those pre natal class Liao. If u wan Wong boi boi class, better sign up early. I joined during my first pregnancy. Won't be joining this time.

Baby_mummy : perhaps wAit a few days and see how? Meanwhile take more rest

Creamdonut: wanted to attend but they say no discount if sign up for FBI or SBI card there. So decided not to

babystarlet,

ya saw some of the class fully booked.

im still waiting for my FBI no so that i can register for June session [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gilera,

My personal opinion it's helpful for 1st time mummies n daddies to attend the TMC childbirth education class especially the class Tat's held by Wong boi boi. I've attended abt 2 years back me n hubby think tat it's useful in preparing the birth of #1

Genesis

I also attended the class held by Wong boi boi when I have my #1.

Morning to all... so tiring... every night nv slp thru but I'm not awake to go toilet too. Kept having bad n scary dreams.. excited Tml to gynae's visit..*yeah*

Hi mummies,

Thanks for all the encouragement. Sometimes, wished i hadn't gone for the screening test but since it's done, i'd just have to pray and hope for the best results.

my hubby and friends also telling me to be positive, since nothing is conclusive yet. i just worry too much and i believe it is not good for baby too. but i guess as a first time mother, the anxiety is not unfounded. was trying not to let my thoughts run wild like if baby is not healthy...maybe i have to give up my job, etc etc... i think it's all part of the sacrifice we mothers have to make.

trying to focus on my work and other things to take my mind off this issue...

at least the sickness feeling has subsided somewhat for me, only will be triggered by certain smells and when i am very tired.

take care all mummies!

Hi all MTBs, sorry to interrupt, I've some items to let go. Let me know via PM if you're interested. Thank you. =)

Avent Digital Sterilizer

Used only once in mid Nov 2010! After which, been using it as a drying station for milk bottles. Condition: 9/10. Selling: $60

Medela Two PersonalFit Breastshields with two connectors

Breastshields Large size (27 mm), connectors standard size fit all medela breastshield sizes. Brand new, don't remember if I've thrown away the box. Selling: $32

Medela Purelan Nipple Cream 100 (37g)

BNIB. Selling: $10

Canon IXUS 105 in blue

BNIB. Warranty not registered. Register their warranty online with Canon entitled you with an additional 3 months warranty plus the usual 1 year warranty. Selling: $260

Payment: COD or POSB bank transfer

Delivery: Preferably self collection at Sengkang.

Hi All,

New to this thread. My EDD is 18/10/11. Have anyone gone for the OSCAR test? I'm doing this week. Wondering what to expect? Can anyone please advise?

Hi Mummycoccxy

I can understand how you feel now. I'm also a Oct 2011 Mummy, My EDD is 1 Oct 2011 went through my OSCAR two weeks ago and my result came back 1:167 which is high risk for T21, the ultrasound scan was ok but the blood test turn out not favourable. although my gynea said baby should be normal but still worry. regret to do the OSCAR Test.

Hi Fionali,

Yes i'm doing it at TMC. I heard alot of negative remarks abt the OSCAR test... Dont know if i should proceed on. If the results is not very favourable, i understand that there is another test called AMINO test...

Hi Weiling

Me also done at TMC. I really regret doing the OSCAR Test cos it's just give you a ratio and now I have to make another decision: Amnio test? or just wait and see. Amnio test have 0.5% miscarriage risk but will give you a definite answer whether baby is normal. I think the decision really up to individual if you want a definite answer Amnio test will be the one.

Hi,

That's y i'm in a confused state.. I know amino test will carry 0.5% miscarriage risk. So i'm thinking i will proceed with OSCAR. Whatever the results is, i wont do the AMINO test... But somehow or rather, worried abt the results.. Which gynae are u seeing??

kohfiona & fionamom: me will also be undergoing the down syndrome test @ KKH next week .. they are not known as OSCAR test over @ KKH .. from the counselling i received, amnio test carries 3% risk of miscarriage .. how come it is different?

Hi Weiling

I'm seeing Dr Lawrance Ang @ Sun Plaza

Hi Fantastastar

My Gynea told me the miscarriage risk is 0.5%, 3% is very high lei if 3% I dont think I want to proceed for Amnio test liao.

Hi,

Ya the amnio test carry 0.05%.. But gynae will recomend oscar test only if for women who has health problem or above 35. So if i'm below 35, can i not do... really in a confused state.

weiling

Before you proceed to do the oscar, you and your hb sld discuss what your next plan of action is should the result turn out unfavourable. If you belong to the 'keep the baby no matter what' camp, then please don't even bother with the screening. remember that it is a screening test only, its not diagnostic. It only tells you about probability. Dr will measure baby's NT and look for presence of nasal bone. Your blood will be drawn to test your free beta hcg level. Above 2.9 is not very good. PAPP-A also measured. Generally the older you are, the higher the risk.

Your doctor should have already discussed with you in the previous consultation the procedures involved and your next plan of action. The general recommendation is to go for the amnio if the result is higher than 1:250 or 0.4% chance although most of us will feel that at 1:250 it is very improbable that the fetus will hv ds and therefore not go ahead with the amnio. Modern science has devised a lot of ways for us to get answers, but in the same way, it has created more stress for us. Personally I feel that it is a good thing to go for the screening. It gives us a CHOICE, something that our mothers didn't have.

My result came back 1:25 so I am definitely going ahead with the amnio. Its really a small % miscarriage risk. Mentally I was prepared not to do the amnio if 1:200. imagine my surprise....

fionamom: hmmm .. how come it is different for my case? Or did i remember wrongly?

i am 26 but am going ahead with the test .. if there is anything abnormal (TOUCHWOOD!!), we will terminate the pregnancy as we neither wish for the baby to suffer, nor bear the burden ..

Hi Mummies!

I think I am going to sleep until I faint liao.. I can sleep for more than 14hrs a day! Wake up, sleep, wake up, sleep.. & still feel tired.. No patience for my daughter too...

My morning sickness also on and off, I thought it was gone but it came back at full force 2 nights before... Stomach kept churning and overthrowing whatever liquid/food in my tummy, so miserable... Weird taste bud come back again, french fries taste bitter and weird... Haiz..

I didnt suffer for so long when I had my #1.. till now maybe lost 3.5kg already...

baby_mummy,

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I myself gone through the same thing for my last pregnancy too. BB was 7 wks plus and heartbeat stopped, growth also stopped. Found out during 2nd gynae visit and was shocked by the news. My gynae was very decisive and told me on the spot that she will arrange to remove the BB.

But I cannot accept her diagnosis and went home crying for few days. Finally I went for 2nd opinion 1 week later and results were the same. For my case, there was no spotting at all so there are totally no warning signs. In the end, I went for d&c 2 weeks after I first found out.

However I want to encourage you to stay positive so that you can recover and move on should the inevitable happen. You must remember that none of this happened because of something you did or did not do. Its really not your fault, there was nothing that you did wrong. In early stage of pregancy, there is always a risk due to instability. Do not blame yourself.

As long as you and your hubby stay positive and support each other, you will be able to conceive again. All the best to you and take care!

Hi mummies,

Anyone has employed maids? I am looking to hire one and wonder if anyone can share with me the salary for indo maids? Agency told me $470/mth.

Thanks!

Ya, if my oscar results not good, I will also go for amino despite the risk..

I read there are many cases where the oscar results are not good and the baby ended up healthy... I also have some friends who went for amino tests n ended up fine.. Of cos, alot of times there are exceptions...

Hi mummies, i can see the amount of stress this OSCAR/first trimester screening (As it is is called in KKH it's a similar test) thing is causing. I was only counselled that the screening is for down's risk and some other genetic conditions. mine was low risk for down's but because my baby's neck fold was thicker than normal, i am still made to go for more scans. i was not aware of this beforehand. so i was in quite a bit of a shock as i thought only the calculated risk taking into account everything (neck fold thickness, presence of nasal bone, betaHCG, ppa levels, maternal age) was the important result.

i'm not sure if i would have chosen to go for the screening test second time round. it's perfectly good if you get a good result. but not when the result is "high risk" or sth abnormal (like in my case) is detected. it is NOT conclusive but there's always a "could be not normal" risk.

my hubby did not think i could take this kind of stress UNCERTAINTY well and he probably was right. so i guess the decision is still up to the individual mum, but you must be mentally prepared to live with a degree of ANXIETY and UNCERTAINTY especially if you get a "high risk" or abnormal result and you are not prepared to take the risk of going for amnio/cvs.

just my 2 cents' worth.

Back