(2011/09) Sep 2011

Hi all september mummies!! This is my first post.

I'm expecting my 1st baby, girl, EDD 28th Sep.

Wondering if anyone is going to the baby fair at Singapore Expo next weekend? And what everyone else have bought. Very tempted to buy things at GSS but been told to wait a bit longer by mum and mil..

Thanks Mrs Lim. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

This Saturday will be my last class. Tomorrow is the Doc's talk. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

Can I join?

EDD: 15 Sep

Nick: pinkcrystal

BB#: 1

Gynae: Dr. Lawrence Ang

Hospital: TMC

Area: Woodlands

PS: We have the same EDD and same Gynae..hehe. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,i am from the nov thread..Will like to ask mummies here whether anyone encounter coughing badly for nearly a month? I had been coughing for nearly a month. and currently i am in my week 16.At first it starts with only cough during the night when i lay down to sleep then it became day and night cough with some white phelgm.At night i cannot lay down and cough as my lower tummy will be very painful so i have to sit up and cough till i breathless,my cough is like barking cough.Throat always so itchy so have to cough it out.Now i am so afraid to sleep at night.Had drank Sedilix DM Linctus cough syrup prescribe by my gynae and had taken some chinese power medicine from a chinese sinseh and currently taking Duro Tuss cough linctus.Heard that its one of pregnancy symptoms and will go away after week 20.Please kindly advise if anyone exoerience that.Thanks..

Hi mummies,

Can I join?

EDD: Mid Sep

Nick: yggip_mummy

BB#: 1

Gynae: Dr. Jocelyn Wong

Area: Central

Hi Mrs Chong,

I had similar problem as you. But once I sleep, I will not cough. It's just that coughing is more frequent at night. My coughing was for about 2 to 3 months. I had lots of white phlegm till the stage that I was vomitting due to my cough. I had a round of antibotics but it did not help. Finished 3 to 4 bottles of cough syrup also no use. It's now under control after taking TCM plus staying away from chicken, cold drinks and sweet things like honey. I cant even take liang teh. Not sure why too... GP suspected it's pregnancy induced asthma. I never had asthma though. Guess different people have different reactions in their pregnancy. But do hold your stomach when you cough.

Hi everyone!

Trying to decide if I wanna buy a breast pump now and whether I want a double or single.. Any advise or suggestions? Anyone else shopping for stuff? What can I or should I buy now?

yggip_mummy-When i sleep i also dun cough but only cough badly before i sleep,once i lay down.At first i dun have phelgm then have some white phelgm but now no phelgm,just feel throat very itchy.If have phelgm i know im trying to cough out the phelgm but now no phelgm so im not sure what am i coughing at.Do you mind telling me which TCM you consulted? I did consulted a chinese sinseh at Eu Yan Sang,she prescribe me 7 days of chinese powder,really felt so much better after taking but the next day after completing the whole course,i starts to cough again.For weeks i din take chicken,chicken essence,birdnest,cold drinks,fried foods,very spicy foods and sweet stuffs.The chinse sinseh told me not to take sweet stuffs.I restrict alot of food actually.Ppl telling me its pregnancy symptoms and will go away when im about week 20,do you think its true?

Hi! I'm due in Sept too (2nd child), haven't posted in this thread before. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I've been coughing on and off since the start of the year, and finished off 2-3 bottles of cough mixture with no improvement.

I read somewhere that the coughing could be due to pregnancy induced gastric reflux, where the acid rising up leads to phlegm production. So you might want to look into easing the reflux and improving digestion rather than treating the cough; I picked up some digestive enzyme tablets and reflux meds from my western herbalist and it's helped.

Evelyn

http://thebottomsupblog.com

The Party Paparazzi-Do you mean telling me where to get the digestive enzyme tablets and reflux meds?

yggip_mummy- I had received your PM,thank you so much.

Hi mummies,

Been following this thread since Feb but is only a silent reader. This is my second pregnancy and I have a 6 years old girl.

EDD: 28 Sep

Nick: emonster

BB#: 2

Gynae: Dr. Fong Chuan Wee

Hospital: Gleneagles

Area: Bukit Gombak

Will send pepper my email address for the facebook group.

Cheers!

Hi LIttle Baby

I had a similar cough coupled with phelgm few months ago. Took me almost 3 weeks to recover fully. I coughed even more when i lie down cos i had muscus as well. I just put it down to flu. I didnt take any antibotics though though, just a few of the yellow flu tablets given by gynae to ease the muscus and enable me to sleep. I just drank lots of warm water everyday(xx litres).was a peein machine :p

Bunnz-My cough not much phelgm,just feel throat very itchy.This afternoon had went to consult TCM again,hope after taking the 7days powder medicine my cough will recover.Really felt exhausted with all the coughing.My sister just told me that when she pregnant she also coughed for about 3 months but its during her 3rd tri and she didnt take any medicine.Imagine when she delivering she is still coughing,she had to stop breastfeeding 2 weeks after giving birth as bb also kena cough from her.Cough difficult to heal.If you realize that you are starting to have slight cough,dont ignore it.Must take plenty of warm water,dont let the cough become worse.

little bb :yes can understand..about the exhaustion. it's like the lungs ready to burst kind sometimes. what made it worse was i leaked urine too..esp when lying down. kept changin clothes .even had to wear panty liners..was even considering the thicker pads at one point of time :/

Hi

I ve been a silent reader thus far. This is my second pregnancy and I have a 18 month old old boy.

EDD: 6 Sep

Nick: knootz

BB#: 2

Gynae: Dr. Lawrence Ang

Will PM p3pp3r for the facebook group[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cheers!

bunnz-My lower tummy was so painful becoz of the heavy continous coughing.I inhaled vicks and applied menthol oil or tiger balm oil on my throat and chest when i coughed but yesterday the chinese sinseh told me to stop..Glad that you had recovered.I coughed for a month,took all sorts of medicines and drank lots of water but still no imporovement.The chinese sinseh said mine is wind cough.

Hi!

I'm also due in Sep. My details are:

Edd: 6 Sep 2011

Nick : bpmama

Baby: #2 princess

Gynae : Dr WH Kee

Hospital : TMC

Area: Clementi

SAHM

Hi mommies, I'm a sep mom too. Can I join? Mostly, I'd love to meet up with other mommies during my maternity leave ; p

Edd: 15 sep 2011

Nick: dodlee

Bb: #2

Gynea: dr tc tan

Hospital: KK

Area: serangoon

Hi,

My name is Mai,

I will have my 1st baby - a prince, EDD is on 14 Sep.

My gynae is Dr. Teoh Eng Soon, @ Mt Avernia.

I'm a fulltime working mom, staying at Admiralty.

Hi mommies, I would like to join the group as well. I'm a first time mom.

EDD: 3 Sep

nick:gracefulmom

hospital: TMC

gynae: dr yvonne chan

Hi new mommies.. Pls pm mi ur fb acc email acc, all mommies here have migrated to fb group.. Super active dwn here...lol!!! 24/7 daily..

Hi mummies! I'm a first-time mom and really excited for my boy's arrival [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mommies, I would like to join the group as well. I'm a first time mom.

EDD: 24 Sep

nick: hinohana

hospital: TMC

gynae: Dr Paul Tseng

Hi mummies,

I would like to join in too!

EDD: first wk of sept

Nick: BebeYee

Baby: 2 &3

Gynae: Dr. LC Cheng

Area: East

Love to join

Edd: sept 19 with 1st baby boy

Nuh

Dr Chong Yep Seng (hoping for water or natural birth w/o drugs)

Sahm in queenstown

Hi mummies,

I would like to join in too!

EDD: 8th sept with 1st prince

Gynae: Dr. Tham Kok Fun

Been more active in FB and notice my details are not updated in the list above:

Edd: 11 Sept

Nick: Fairie2010

Gynae: Dr Soon SB