(2011/09) Sep 2011

how you breath affects dilation meh?if it's not time yhet, you dun feel it, nothing you do will speed things up ma..no?i only knoe when dilation haven strt, nothing you do is helpful. When it starts, nothing you do can slow it down too..until 8cm I feel like climbing walls liao...scary..I still can recall...I know it's bad, but i held baby in for awhile cos the doctor not here yet. den once he stepped in, very quickly got ready, next contraction come, I let go, baby flies out!:D but it is very risky. Holding baby in can cause great damage or trauma.. but i so scared wait nobody catch her..And lucky i waited for doctor. She had 3 tight rounds of unblical cord around her neck and he is so experienced that he managed to unwind as she flies out into his hands and everything is over. My hubby saw everything and was impressed.LOL!

Hunnymummy, oh wow. U tk care n rem drink more water to keep traffic smooth [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hee no need mask lah, inside doc's room still ok, it's private. Embarrassingbis outside n nurse ask u loudly, "u got piles, this is your med", lol!!

sung - what?! how come he so funny, talked so much rubbish. I think if we get him and he starts to talk rubbish, my hubby won't keep quiet. Will probably refute him on the spot, then black face all the way.

Okay.. will share my experience here once I am done.

Koume, congrats on becoming SAHM soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Relax n enjoy your preg journey. Lots of things to do, plan Bb album, learn more bat preg, childbirth n care taking of Bb, etc. I'll he very busy with happy things! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sung: aiyo!!who's that?why your obgyn dun believe in having kids choose to be obgyn?LOL!and who at this age and era pins their hopes ijn kids providing for them in old age when many of us are already unable to do that for our parents with the current cost of living>? how much worse in their generation?we still need to make sure they will do well after we are gone, how to expect them to provide for us?lol..really silly doctor..

Pommes, yup coz some websites mentioned leg cramps cld be due to lack of potassium n bananas r a great source if potassium [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I think avocados is the other source, not too sure. Haha I like bananas better [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yeah, he's really silly Lor. Juz tat we rather he'll do a good job scanning so bear with it n keep quiet. Anyway hb n me belong to the non confrontational types so juz keep our mouths shut n prevent conflict though we can't stand him ;P

Gina, though late, hope u enjoy your holiday! N thanks for administering the FB even while u r on a trip [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sung: alamak!!I will slap her head lor. dunno wad is confidentiality isit??!!LOL!!

Mareike: Massage costs on average $50 per session. some throw in wound bath, baby bath and baby massage, other than the usual mummy massage and wrap.mine includes a kit that you can use to continue the regime after your last day of massage too.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Highly recommended: Mdm Ida's group. I am with Mdm Suria. You can read my tribute to her on SMH forum. i forgot the link tho... somewhere around.LOL...

Hunnymummy, haha not my gynae else I wun go bk to him. It's the doc at the clinic that does my detailed scan during #1's time. My gynae dun do detailed scan so referred us to do it elsewhere then he juz goes thru the report with us. Yeah, I dun think any of us want to rely on our children now. Juz hope for them to be healthy n happy in what they do. If they can tk care of themselves, we'll be happy hor [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Haha the nurse did that to me, n called so loudly too, feels paiseh lor. But then I wanted a female GP n this is the nearest one. At least I'm comfortable with the doc [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] if u need n stays ard BK, can pm u the clinic. But pretty exp with the procedure done to chk (blush!)

Hunnymummy u v funny leh!! I'm literally imagining that bb flying out moment ...

Sung , y that uncle talk so much one.. Rubbish leh...

Nowadays so hot until stay at home also can char ta...

Pommes: Cos Im like dragging myself to wrk so im planning to take maternity leave starting of Mid AUG straight to Dec. Cos you still needa breastfeed. and by the time i'm back at wrk, its time to take BONUS!

Re, FB group

Mummies, where's the doc at the RHS link for identification of names to nicks? Getting confused with more members n I dun know who's who lol [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] btw, what is RHS??

Igop, think also is coz our body temp rising hee. I'm starting to feel warm all the time nowadays even at night in sitcom room can sweat. Haha n to think I was shivering n civering up with layers during 1st trim ;P

Going rain heavily at SK, sky turning all dark with thunder [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

El-Nino: What is BKK har? Since this is your 2nd one, you still want to go for antenatal class? For me, I wont be gg liao. Maybe because I know i will be gg for cSect so doesnt matter abt breathing ba.. haha. In the class, Mrs Wnog also will get the hubby to do it so that they know how tough it can be for woman which i like. But the guys will feel very paiseh lah.. cos got to open legs big big and then try to bend over.. haha..

Ellysia: Not sure if dilation has anything to do with breathing though. The breathing technique is useful at the pt of pushing i.e u must be at least 8cm or more to push leh. You dun push too early though.

P00h: Its a fixed timing lesson. As its only 5 or 6 lessons, I never missed 1. Not sure if there would be any replacement for missed lesson. Depending on your lactation consultant. If its Mrs Wong then its difficult cos her class always full one. If hubby cannot make it try to get someone to go with you so as not to miss class ba.

BTW - if attendnig antenatal class (esp Mrs Wong), must go early. Cos the class is big right, try to be there 10-15 mins early to "book" a place in front. Dun be paiseh cos u paid for the lessons so make sure u get the most out of it. Mrs Wong class always very full one, if too late, and you kena stuck at the back, you either lose the attention from Mrs Wong or you cannot see much demostration. The last time i attended, it was at Ang Mo Kio hub, the carpark was horrendous also.. so we usually there like 1.5 - 2 hrs early for slow lunch and then slowly go to class early to chop seats.. haha.. of course no need to be too early lah.. 10-15mins will do.. cos sometimes Mrs Wong class may overrun abit so u ended up waiting outside.

sung, nono, no need.. if i go see doc for piles, the nurse lidat i will dig a hole i the ground and bury my head!!!uurgh!!enough of irritating doctors and nurse.pissed off!lol!

zhu yating: good planning!why smh no "like" button??LOL!!

igop: alamak.. i shud go and be script writing since i descrive things so effectively :DDD

sung - RHS = right hand side... in the FB group, there is this doc that has all the names & nicknames. Can check from there.

yating - i calculate if i take 16 weeks = 112 days. I would have to return to work on 9 Jan based on my EDD. Oh, my HR consider PH, Sat, Sun as part of the 16 weeks ML. Abit lugi since yr end has many PH :p

1st trimester I super scared of cold too. Then my father keep saying I'm weak . So angry .. Now is v hot.. Raining in amk too... FInally!!!

I'm still not in fb group yet . Something is wrong is it? I know Gina is in overseas dun want to pester her..

@I love sashimi . Did u see any gals couple instead of husband n wife at her class? My hubby la, dun wan to acc me to go. Always say no time. Then my gal fren wants to come with me .I scared wait pple think we lebisan couple n I'm the suggorate mtb .

Hunnymummy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pommes, thanks. I can't see that from my iPhone. Guess got to log in to pc hee. Haha n thanks for explaining the abbreviation, couldn't figure out what RHS was [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Igop, dun tink is coz we r weak hee prob hormones wreaking havoc [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sung, ILS - BKK is Bangkok, I'm staying and working here. my son is Thai-gaporean

ILS - I dun wanna pay for antenatal class, waste money

About sugar: My gynae only told me to try more intake of ribena and sweets. So bought a bottle of ribena yesterday.

Was also discovered to have a low placenta yest cos i experienced slight bleeding on Sunday morning. Told not to walk too much and definite no-no to exercise.

Igop: me also in amk area! Heavy rain. Dunno how to go home later.

El-nino: sorry[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but i think your nick is the most interesting of all.. haiz..I'm going to bkk this weekend. which part are you at?My uncle is based in BKK too!my cousins are Thaigaporeans too!:D buy the way, is it truethat BKK is aircon temperature now?

insurance

hmmm.. i thought of not getting any for my kids le, the only ones i will get is term policy and it will be up to them to buy their own when they grow up...

sung

i would have scolded tat sonagrapher for saying all those stuffs.. RUBBISH MAN!!!! hez not bushing his teeth lo..

igop

LOL!!! dun worry, i m sure can go with friends one.. but just tat u need to call them up to ask if ur friend can join in bo la..

hunnymummy

8cm can push liao ar?? i always thought 10cm then can le..

talking about insurance plan, I am now so headache reviewing all the different plans. Protection term plan/life/investment link...sigh. My head now full with numbers. Was thinking must have one plan in case anything happen to me since I dont have any plan myself beside medical plan. On one hand i have limited budget, on the other hand, i want to make every penny worth....sigh...

hunnymummy - your uncle got Thai wife? his Thai must be fluent...i've been here for 6 years. the aircon temp started 27-Mar(Sun) ended 1-Apr(Fri). weather is cloudy now, its hot but not 38degC kind. I stay in BKK but work very far in Ayuthaya (100km). you coming here for stay-cation and shopping? where are you staying? if you come another week, its Songkran and everywhere will be quiet, BKK will have less people traffic.

igop: Yes i saw mummies gg with sisters/ friends and even mother leh. Its ok one.. so what if others want to think of u as lesbian.. u pay $$ to learn something, not to care about what they say right? :D

But if your hubby not at home then u must bring the knowledge back so that he can do it at home with you. Its more value $$ if you practise at home. For me its a waste of $$, full of hype but lazy to do at home haha.. although hubby quite cooperative.. keke

P00h: so you went for urine test today already? Did you check with the clinic on why 2 cases happening at the same clinic?

El-Nino: sawadee kap.. haha.. i didnt know u based in Thai.. i should have guessed it since u said BKK. its a famous abbrievation. haha.

i going during bangkok de new year. 9-15. oh no!!is it public holiday so shops all closed???OMG....!!hope not!!my uncles condo near paragon.ya, thai wife. thais make very good wife, but his wife is very singaporean pattern wan.lol!!oh no... i want to shop...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif](

MZ: Are you thinking of buying insurance for the unborn baby or maternity? Personally i feel everyone shoudl have whole life and medical (at teh minimum). If budget allows then get maternity or savings or education etc

ILoveSashimi - I have signed up PRUfirst gift for bb last week, took the minimum plan $100/mth. I am now looking into whole life for myself as I only have medical. So now reviewing plans more on fully protection/term plan with no return and also investment link plan or combination.

I see.. Here are my 2 cents worth: for whole life, it will definitely be cheaper if doesnt come with return. Moreover if you looking at returns, u might as well invest in shares or something else. Not via insurance cos time over money, the return is not very fantastic and yet got to pay higher premium cos it comes with more admin fees etc.

once you have whole life and good medical coverage, the rest of teh money u can use it to buy any investmetn linked product (focussing on only investment, dun bother about insurance - sometimes insurance company likes to lump them up to make it more attractive). Best if you invest in something else if budget allows. Actually personally i am not a fan of investment link product - cos the return take very long to realise.

I always focus on whole life and medical because:

1) whole life main purpose should be to protect your loved ones so you should get one that has good return to be leave behind for your loved ones (should anything happen *touch wood*). If you get those with returns then its like buying it for yourself as well as family cos in case, nothing happen, then you get a lump sum but wats the point right? Cos the insurance payout for family will be lesser. Otherwise you have to pay high premium for higher payout. If one is thinking of covering oneself, i feel shouldnt fiddle with the whole life insurance coverage cos it should be for your family.

2)medical coverage is for oneself. SG medical fee is so freaking high and with limited amount we can claim frmo Medisave, its very impt to make sure that we are well covered in case of any medical condition or hospitalisation. We wouldnt want to burden with our family with $$ right? so protecting oneself with good medical plan will help to ease the burden.

Of course with kiddos - most impt factor would be medical then education fund etc.

i know people who work in the cord blood banks in the end also din bank their own baby cord blood. and i wrote birth plan and tell the doc to wait for the clood to flow back into baby then ask hubby to cut. After that, I dun think even public banks will still think the cord is useful. and priority is always baby's own physical makeup first.if good from the start, less chances of needing reset button... and actually everyone's life is fated..no matter wad we do, we cannot control..

Thanks ILS. I have the same thinking as you too. The life plan that I am looking at is covering death and critical illness with no return at all, premium is very affordable with high coverage but only up to 75yrs old, or 60years old with guarantee renewal. I am sure the renewal will cost a bomb. I am thinking by the time i am 75yrs old, my kids have grown up and may not need the $$ so much.

At the same time, since this has no return..i am also thinking to invest some to cover what I paid above to feel less "rugi". So investment link plan came in as an option (on top of the above) with some return and some insurance coverage in case family needs it.

So much to think and calculate it seems. hmmm.

Hb and I are more to low~medium risk person, not very into shares.

yes, i totally agree with ilovesashimi too. and it is important to calculate your total coverage amount to ensure it's fully covered since now there's the little one to think of [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pommes, i've been meaning to exercise regularly but so far just did abit of yoga and a couple of jogs (for the past 4 mths!) Trying to really get it going but the weather isn't helping at all. it's either raining or it's way too hot!

BTW, has any of you bought maternity swimsuit? and if so, can you please share where from? i am having a headache searching for an affordable one

igop,

I attended mrs wong;s classes alone when i had my #1. Quite ok lah.. usually i partner with any other mummy who happen to be alone. Else will be one of the "sample".

Wow.. a lot of topics today. Was too busy at work to comment much:

Cord Blood Banking: I donated my #1 cord blood. Will do so for #2. Rationale is same lah, anything genetic will not be able to be cured with cord blood. For other illnesses, i think in 20 yrs time, there will be more cures available without cord blood.

Insurance: I bought for my #1 a medical/hospitalization plan plus a whole life plan. The whole life plan covers until 99 yrs old but payable only up to 25 yrs. I figured that's our gift to her. It is like a form of savings if she wants to surrender. With age, the premium increases. I am a believer of balanced investment and treat insurance as a form of fixed savings so that end of the day, if really made bad investment in the shares or spend too much money, i have some $$ waiting for me. Dont think CPF $$ will be enough to last me.. lol. Anyway, insurance vs investment. It is all about risk appetite, risk horizon and reward expectations, which is different for everyone. By the way, the education plans are really lousy nowadays. If can park the money in blue chips will definitely have more at the end of the day.

Constipation/Piles: I have terrible constipation too.. now taking fibre drink but seems like doesnt help me for long. Everytime change brand, initially lao sai, then will slowly constipate again. Sian... i think my intestines are too lazy. I only had piles once, after #1 pop out, the piles pop out with #1. Heh

Maternity Swimsuit: I bought online from Gap when I had #1.

good evening ladies.. been busy whole day.. now den got time to log in and read the posts...

paiseh to those who msg me in fb.. i was away from pc...

hope everyone had taken dinner..

Anyone know abt the services at Mt E? Is there any antenatal lesson at Mt E?

Sychosis - I saw some 2 pcs swim wear at Spring maternity at Vivos selling @$69. Is it cheap ? I want to go for swimming too.

Antenatal classes: i attended them at Mount A with hubby when i had #1 back in 2009. they usually suggest starting around 6mths. we found the class informative and helpful especially as first-time parents. 6 lessons if i don't remember wrongly. Covers nutrition, exercise, labour, breathing techniques, breastfeeding, taking care of baby (including how to put on a diaper/nappy and bathing baby) and think there's one post natal lesson but i didn't attend that one coz didn't have time after birth.

hello.

New to the thread, just started reading today.

Kindly add:

Nick: novbaby

EDD: 29 Sept 2011

BB#: 2

Gynae: Dr Joycelyn Wong

Hospital: TMC

Area: Bendemeer

Gonna PM Gina for the FB group.. see you guys!

haha.. doc says can see the gender as the view (during the scan) was from top-down.. and its most prob girl... and she added, okay 60% accurate..

Mz: yes it's never easy to make decision on insurance. But stay focus and work out the sum. You should be fine.

P00h: hope ur result come out fine. Try not to worry too much.

Re Maternity swimming costume - I find all one pc suit very exp leh. How abt wearing 2 pc bikini? Since these are free size. Preggy tummy can e quite sexy tool u know. Keke.

Welcome nov_baby!

Back