(2011/08) Aug 2011

Msgiggles, hehe... Well done. Hope a baby boy for you too

I suffered from piles la.. Constipated badly. Had been taken alot of fruits but still...

how ? My buttock so pain now

Mama, I certainly hope so. Haha.Me too suffer from constipation. Trying to drink yakult to c whether it help. Maybe I have been eating too little fruits.

hey mummies, thanks for all e feedback.. think most likely.. will still be getting ameda as its more pocket friendly. hopefully it will b a good buy~ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] if not will try out those in hospital/renting before commiting to one [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

~PiPi,

hv tried both pigoen and johnson, to me both quite dry.. but ok lar..

i m going for my check up again on monday..

feel moody.. dun feel like working..

i want to sleep...

flowerie123, that time when i had my #1 i tried medela mini electric and was really disappointed with the suction. and the moment i finish my ocnfinement i immediately rush to buy a medela swing... cost me $300++

from my pt of view the pump is really impt... i was devastasted initially cos milk flow usin the mini was so little.. i've even employed a malay lady to massage my boobs for me to push the milk flow... and she told me my milk flow was ample and good...

wat my fren did was she bought a 2nd hand pump to try. or rent from medela head office at toh guan...

Hey carole, thks for updating the list with gender.. appreciate it..

Thks bbpotato, i will jus eat as much as i can and let nature takes it course.. hehe.. i will try nt to worry abt the size. I like durian too, infact i have been craving for durian too but hasn’t got the time to go to the stall to eat.. im a durian lover.. yum yum

Pipi, my phlegm is those that u eat too much sweet stuff or when u develop cough that kind of phlegm, but whatever i eat i have it.. haiz.. like nw, jus finish a packin of beehoon, phlegm came liao.. anyway, i am sick of it, jus let it be there, don’t feel like eating medication, cos every morning got to eat folic acid, multivitamin and fish oil liaos.. yucks... haha.. the size of the BB is see from the scan the doc printed for me, ur print copy shld have state? Me also not sure hw much weight i gain, cos doc didn’t measure for me. U are not weak cos I do get giddy too if i walk too much or weather hot..

Joyjoy, ur doc provide u with scan copy then u can see size from there.. since u have twins, is ur ms getting better?

mama guai.. me got piles too.. & i dun constipate.. go at least once a day & keep hving red blood in the toliet bowl for the past 1 wk, so called the gynae & went to see her yesterdae.. she said i am ok, only prescribe me with ointment to apply.. but i got a nice surprise yesterdae cause she gave me a scan so tht i dun hv to see her next week for my monthly appt.. & we saw the gender!

Crystal,

I know what you mean by sick of taking medication. I have phobia swallowing tablets now...luckily my gynae only gave me 1 vitamin (Ganilia) with everything inside.(so I take 1 pill every morning & night)

I think I need to ask gynae how to see/read the size from scan next week.

I can't wait to find out the gender of my baby too, I hope I can on my nect checkup next tues. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Haizzzz...just back from gynae ...super duper high risk of 1:53 ...going for amnio test next Fri ...

Mummies who went for de test ...how is it like?

demongal

HUGS!! I had relatively high risk for my #1 too, but in the end all was fine, I didn't need to go for amnio or CVS though. So I know how you feel right now. That time I kept worrying & crying.

Sorry can't advise but a few mummies here went for amnio, they'll let you know the procedure.

~demongal27,

i m going for amnio test next mth, urs so soon?

dun worry.. a frd of mine did it few yrs back, she is that kind of person cant bear pain at all but said the amnio test turn out ok, not as pain as expected..

cutie > i dun kw lei ..just had blood test on 13th Feb ...then today gyane ask me back to explain my report ...then they fixed appt at PEH..suppose to go tml but hosp say bibi too small (now 14th wks) ...next wk will be fine .. they told me de test cost 1.2-1.5k ??

they say poke a needle in to draw de fluid ...i dun kw how they're going to poke lo ...cant imagine

~demongal27,

the consultant explained to me that we can only do it at 16weeks and above that's y they fix the date for me next mth.

the cost of the amnio test at KKH is $325 (if i m not wrong) irregardless s'porean or PR etc..

my frd did at TMC was abt this price too but was 7yrs back..

yes, they told me in details, procedure juz like drawing blood but the needle is much longer and they will scan where is the bb 1st to avoid the bb then quickly draw the fluid for test..

bur, u also see the gender liao.. nice! Initially i tot got to wait till 5th mth then can see, i mountain tortoise.. so got a nice surprise from gynae too when he told me the gender..

Pipi, i am those cant even shallow panadol, cos its too big, so taking these vitamin to me is a torture, sometimes, i finish half cup of the water but still didn’t manage to shallow, by then the pills has melted and even more er xin.. after i finish my folic acid then i will left with only two types to shallow hehe..

Demongal, hugz.. hope everything will turn out to be fine!

same here, i also cant swallow tablet and capsule..

this morning, i had the obimin and supplement before brushing teeth, end up all come out when i brush my teeth..

cutie > ya next wk will be my 15th wks+ ...bibi bigger then easier to poke..

huh...so big diff in price de ...mine so ex de ...

CrystalJC > same ...i have trouble swallowing pills too...keep tilting my head up n hope de pills can slide in ...haha till hub keep laughing ..

~demongal27,

perhaps ur package including of hospital stay?

I was told no need to admit to hospital but aft the test hv to rest on the bed for few hrs, then the next 2-3days DO NOT carry heavy thing, walk too much, do hsework..

u may want to check wat does the thousand dollar fee consists of..

CrystalJC> same here... my tummy is strangely bigger and very bloated at nite, the next day is gone... but I doubt it's becoz of any heavy dinner as I am still not eating well.

wow... seems like most can see the gender liao... I'm seeing gynae in 2 weeks time and he said will "attempt" to find the gender... yippe!

ytd, I went back gynae place and demand to do my bloodtest THERE! the nurses still sound pushy and asked me to go normal GP which is a few blks away. I got angry and tell them I had a hard time coz most GP either do not know the prices, or asked me to do fasting (which is not required). Worst, RafflesMed wana charge me $180 when it cost $90+ at gynae. so why chase me away when I'm already here?? I checked with 5 GPs. even went polyclinic which made me waited 2hrs for nothing!! so I got very upset.

finally get to see gynae and I told me how frustrated I was.... Then I kept asking him why he couldn't do it for me, he confessed he used to do... but becoz too man patints, he decided to outsource to neighbourhood clinic. Unfortunately the nurse didnt tell me beforehand which clinic to go. Made me merry-go-round. haiz...

PiPi> same here, during the first 3mths, or way before I got preg, it seems like my hb is convinced the first will be a boy... plus during cny, all relatives first question is "is it a boy?" which add pressure to me. Deep in my heart, I prefer a girl coz they are more demure? while boy boy very energetic. At the some time, I prefer 1st child to be boy so that I have less stress for 2nd one...

pardon me.. i see my list growing, but also realised that many are not participating.... i hv this question mark question mark.... whether they still in the thread or nt :p

~carole,

maybe they r busy bah.. busy to go shopping le since ms no more haha..so hardly come to the thread liao..

~babysee,

very hard to say leh, my #1 is a gal, alwiz drain out my "battery" i m so tiring...

cutie > oh ya maybe hor ..clinic nurse told me ..it'll take half day ...cos i'll need to rest..after that if immediately walk will bleed -_-" then slight risk of miscarriage ...*pengzzz* ...anyway i think so much also no use...still have to wait till next Fri then know once i check at hosp side...

It's a boy if:

You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy.

Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute.

You are carrying the extra weight out front.

Your belly looks like a basketball.

Your areolas have darkened considerably.

You are carrying low.

You are craving salty or sour foods.

You are craving protein -- meats and cheese.

Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy.

The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy.

Your hands are very dry.

Your pillow faces north when you sleep.

Dad-to-be is gaining weight right along with you.

Pregnancy has you looking better than ever.

Your urine is bright yellow in color.

Your nose is spreading.

You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles.

You are having headaches.

You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number.

It's a girl if:

You had morning sickness early in pregnancy.

Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute.

You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear.

Your left breast is larger than your right breast.

Your hair develops red highlights.

You are carrying high.

Your belly looks like a watermelon.

You are craving sweets.

You are craving fruit.

You crave orange juice.

You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy.

You are moodier than usual during pregnancy.

Your face breaks out more than usual.

You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread.

Your breasts have really blossomed!

Your pillow faces south when you sleep.

Your urine is a dull yellow color.

You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side

You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number.

Pauline, not true wor.. whahaha my boy i had MS too.. wahahhaa..my hb gaining weight even before i was preggy! whahahahahahaha not valid for me.. tts for sure :p

mummies... i have durian craving too!!

maybe we can organise a durian eating session. haa...

demongal27> *pat pat* I've read of many false alarm cases from OSCAR too... Dun worry first, hope it will be fine. Stay positive !

I'm one of those cannot swallow big medicine. Was so thrilled at the size of folic acid loh... now I bite my multivitamin into half before dd down my throat. and took a looooong time to swallow my fish oil (yucks!)

I realised my multi-vitamin prescribed by gynae does not contain Iron, is iron very impt? Shall I buy separately?

Wow so many ppl can see bb gender le...now I got the gan cheong feeling...hope its a boy (cos #1 grandson for husband's side) but also hope its a girl (cos I like gal) *feelin' lost* But nvrm, whether b/g, as long as healthy, safe, I will be happy.

haha, I am glad many mummies like me, cannot swallow pills (i think swallow everyday till we scared)

Monster,

where you get your clothes huh? I saw your FB and your clothes look very colourful.

hmm... mine high chance to be princess wor according to pauline's list... plus the chinese horoscope also...

talking abt urine, does anyone notice change in urine colour? Mine is dark yellow or orange le... so disgusting. Having constipation despite despite eating lots of fruits. haiz...

hi pipi i understand from my gynae during the third and fourth month we will tend to get giddy easily due to lower blood pressure but will be ok again once past 4th mth.

i dun hv MS but i feel so disgusted smelling the fried fish the neighbours upstairs or downstairs is cooking. *eeeeeeeeeew*

Bur, iam having piles since pregnant with my #1 .. but okay no pain no blood after delivered, not going for surgery because I still want to have #2

But the piles is acting up again now.. Think I need to sitz bath le..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi mummies,

want to check something with you guys.

I am currently in wk 15 d5, this morning, i noticed my face got a few brown and red spots....looks like freckles but then I dun have so many b4. The red ones are found around my eye bag wor...Do you guys have the same thing as me? Else I will chk with gynae next week.

Hi all,

I'm new here. First pregnancy and EDD 14/08/2011 I'll be giving birth in Mount Alvernia and by Dr Chen Chern Yi.

BTW was wondering if anyone of you heard of a place in Ubi Crescent selling baby items at wholesale pricing?

hihi Welcome.. Lorraine!

Mum lorraine, do you have a FB acct? if yes, pls add me [email protected] and remember to let me know ur nick, so that i can add u to our Secret Group in FB for gossips and discussions :p

Carole

CrystalJC> I am trying to figure out the size of my bbs ytd but no indication on the print out...will ask my doc when i go back for review on 2nd March [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] MS is quite bad especially in the night time, been puking few nite alrdy before sleep... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I think i will be carrying girl girl cos recently my appetite has change, dun realli like to take meat (eg) pork & chicken which use to be my fav dish... prefer something soupy & light for all meals

shane: whahaha i m trying to imagine tt when i open hse for all MTB here. whahahaha.. tt will be soo cute!

BIKINI!!! wahahhahaha i still wear bikini lehz.. nothing wrong :p

Shane> I just went for my first dip last week... hb now wants me to go kick water everyweek and increase the no. nearer to term... very shiok loh! it's like taking off some gravity from u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sus> my gynae says let's try seeing the gender when I'm abt 16wk+... so should be ok

Demongal27,

I just did my CVS which is similar to amnio, just done earlier.

For my CVS, It costs 600+ and if were referred by polyclinic, can get about 50% subsidy. Fren who did amnio at TMC recently was about 1000 she says.

That's only for the procedure.

Dun worry abt the procedure, it's vv fast. They give anesthetic then next draw the placenta(CVS) or liquid (amnio). In 10 mins ok Liao. Not much pain, like taking blood needle poke.

Aftr that oso ok but must bed rest n not move nor carry heavy stuff or do strenuous work. 2 days MC.

I took extra leave today.

pipi

i discovered red spots on my face last week. but now they have faded. the red spots look like i have "scratched" myself or they look like chains/cluster of tiny red moles.. no pain.. nothing.. just suddenly appear there..

i had quite afew pimples before discovering the red spots.. after that, no more pimple popped le.. i wonder if it's related.

They poke below my belly button, slightly more to the right.

I think depends on where baby position is.

Mostly importantly is dun move when they doing the procedure.

Should be ok. I was initially worried but it turned out very ok.

No problem so dun worry unduly ya?

Back