(2011/08) Aug 2011

SY!

You are not alone, I just got mynews today too. Remember few weeks ago, I was posting no morning sickness at all etc, n few of us replied same no symptoms including you, me n Pauline I remember. .

I knew having some symptoms is more normal ya. . Wat happened has happened ya. Let's stay positive. I posted my story at http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/22127.html

You can go there n share your story , I would like to hear too, wat happened to yours. I m second time m/c already, not sure how am I supposed to face the third time pregnancy.

No more excuse for not performing at work already, after mc have to go back work, I think I was too stressed out n keep prioritizing wrongly, hence this result. My own fault.

Let's stay in touch, I will use the same username for a while. Hope to see you around [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] let's continue trying. Gambate!

Meanwhile Carole, I always enjoy seeing ur name ard like a

ta-jie, felt consoled once I see your reply, pls remove me fr the table too. Hope to know u one day!

All the best everyone!

Sweetpaine,

Sorry to hear u r same like me. Thks for sharing ur story and consoled me while u need consolations as well. We shd ganbatte together and stay in touch as well!

I hv posted my story in the link u put. Let's share our story there.

For all the mummies here, stay strong until u passed ur 12wks. Hang in there! Jiayou!!

Carole: Happy to hv u here as a "lead" mummy here. U r super and strong mummy to me.

sy: i am given no room not to be strong and tough. almost 11 yrs ago when my dad left me, my very own mother came right at my face to tell me this. your dad is gone and nothing he left belongs to u. and followed by my grandma. I was left to fend for myself all these years. Even when i told her that i wana go UK to study, she said this, no money cos money must support ur brother to do uni. Do you think i m given a chance to be sheltered? I fought for all the things i have now, even the rights to my very own new hse without my in laws. Knowing hb will be in a difficult position, but he supported me too. my mum is one of its kind. when my brother scold her... she will only smile back, but if i am to talk back, she will give me hell. is this what a mother should behave? When in need of help, i was always the one to get it, her son got married, i hv to arrange catering. when her grand child full mth i hvc to arrange catering.. duhz...

shane: why you cannot join the list?? whahahah WELCOME!!! who knows u will pop earlier :p

sweetpaine, you will need to nurse back your health. take abt 2 weeks of confinement food, which u can cater from outside. there is a contact which i posted earlier. your womb might be acidic, try to prevent too much acidic food and go for hot soup and nourishes ones. Before i had my #1, i always love hot hot soup and i make it a pt to have it once a week to bu. Cold drinks arent good for body, so lesser of that. Dont give up... its not gng to end just here. God given us this gift and taken it back for some reasons. I was once given and taken away too. I never question why me, but i pray for greater strength to pull myself out and be stronger. its very upseting esp when each and every visit we all pray for good news, but we always surrounded with good and bad news. I m pretty sure God will be there and who knows the pressie is gng to be even better the next round. Cheer up ya.

SY, sweetpaine, try to take good rest and "bu" your body back. Try again next round. I'm sure there is a better one waiting for you.

I still don't have morning sickness, and i'm wk 9 + 2 days. Like very normal, I also getting very worried. Now stomach pain, diarhear too. Not sure what I ate wrong or anything wrong. I hope bb inside is ok. Will try not to make myself worry, but i know, i just bluff myself. Life is tough!

Hi ladies, heard from my Hubby now got epidemic going around. Including flu, sore throat n diarhea. Last week already 20000 pol kena so everyone must take care n dun go out to crowded places too much..

Sy: sorry to hear about ur lost. Like what others say, ur next baby sure will be very heathly.

Shint: u can try drink H2O my gynae recommends it. Those non gassy one. N nt cold one preferably.

Carole,

*smiles. God always open doors isn't ?

what u had gone through has made u a surviver.

Life is fragile, treasure what we have n be thankful for what is given. We never know what is God's plans ... For me, thinking back, it's always the best. Let's look forward to it.

hi mummies,

is been quite a long time coming in here... been real busy finishing off my CNY cookies thread n managing my 2 kiddos...

just went to c Dr Koh the other day due to spotting... lucky thins is brownish... was given injection n sme pills to take...

m still feeling pretty cold.. any mummies feeling the same?

i have got a headache now getting CNY clothes.. mayb is #3.. tummy is popping out faster den expected. m looking like i m preggie for 4-5 mths??

SY/Sweetpaine: So sorry to hear about it.. do take care and nourish yourself! Jia you!

Shint: Just went to see Dr. Adrian yest.. got some Maxalon.. and good to hear Avomine is perfectly safe! 10.5 weeks now.. saw baby moving around.. cute! Doing oscar test next round..

shint: God was always there. there were times when i asked why am i in such a family.. He doesnt answer. but only then, it makes me treasure my own family more. i dont argue w my hb everytime and share common interest. I looked after my own kids and i cook. All these I hv done, my own mother did not. At least if she slapped me again, i will tell her what kind of mother is she. hiak hiak.

hb is funny... he said i needed more nourishes food after 28days of confinement.. he said.. i hcv been breastfeeding my 2 kids continously and soon will be #3... no chance to even rest or hv good food.. so after 28 days of confinement, he said order confinement catering for another 28days from Carrie (confinement catering) which i posted earlier..

I am asking her for a trial, let see how's the food. :p let me be the "PIG" first ya.. and i will let u all know :p

SY/Sweetpaine - I'm so sorry to hear your loss... Like my doctor says, the leave us for a reason, they are likely not healthy. While its hard to let them go, do get your body back to health, and try for a healthy baby next...

Carole - I'm glad you have your hubby's support in all that you do... cos he is the one that is going to be with you till old age... I have a difficult family too... which made me have lower abd pains for the past week after our huge fight... Dr says the pains are definitely due to stress.. But thank God, baby is strong, tahan all those crying, etc... Now, I can only say, we have to be strong for ourselves, and our children... they are lookin to us for support too..

carole, ur hb really funny leh.. wan u to take 56 days of confinement food.. but at least u know he cares abt ur health.. do let us know if the catering is nice? i am still deciding between CL and catering.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all , i shifted from sep 2011 , cos gynae confirmed my edd is 25th aug , i am 29 yrs old , got another 2 dotters aged 11 & 9.

Hi Mummy-to-be!

I have 6 packs of Similac Mum to let go at $10.

Will be giving away the below as free gift:

- 2 pc $3 voucher for purchasing similac mum

- Soothing music for baby in your stomach

- ABC learning CD for your toddler next time

- Sample size nipple cream, stretch mark cream, etc

Take away the above in a nice purple fabric bag!

Contact [email protected]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5046671.jpg]

nitestar: pat pat... each and every household got its problems. you are another strong fighter. But dont forget that little one inside ya.

Gina: cos i nvr stop breastfeeding at all. after i conceive 2nd one, my #1 still breastfeeding till #2 was 5mths in tummy. then when #2 pops, i carried on till #3 is inside. all nutrition all gone to those 2 kids.. this one.. comes.. duhz.. i nvr have a break to stop bf-ing.. so he felt that i needed more BU! so he came to said.. another mth of confinement food. i scare bb cant take those HEATY food.. later not i pimples pop.. bb also pimples comes. whahaha..

Siok Mei: Welcome you to join us! i will update ur data shortly. :p

Sweetpain/SY

sorry to hear about your loss do take care of yourself.

Babydreamy

I am one of the mummies who dun really have morning sickness as well and it makes me worry for a while.The few symptons are hungry, sleepy and sore breast. But I just went for my second scan today at 11 weeks.. saw baby kicking and waving also manage to do oscar and result looks ok.. so dun worry too much shun qi zi ran

babaydreamy

by the way i also have stomache pain and diarrhea on and off.. watery poo poo er.. i think eat too much??

Thanks carole

Nellie , i also hv this kind os watery stools , but my gynae say , it's normal , becos of hormones changes

Dear SY and Sweetpaine

sorry to hear about your loss... do take care...

i guess u should stop reading forum for the time being and stay positive. I tears went i saw both your post. It took me a year to conceive and i know how precious my little one is to a mtb. Please take care!

Sigh. My MS not so good today cos I merlioned 4 times Liao.

Been lying on bed n sleeping , wake up

Eat n then merlioned n sleep again. Very 辛苦。

Later hubby wants to bring kids to swim n dun think I can go.

Now the kids are fighting over a toy ...

was too bz at work and exam therefore unable to participate much here...

Here's my updates...

I'll be in my 10th weeks tml...next gynae appointment will be on 10th Feb. After reading much of forum.. i get to wonder how is my precious doing inside me. As i work in a hospital, i always have the urge to ask my boss to do u/s for me, but i guess to much u/s is no good too. plus my a male boss.. i pai say... heehee... My colleague passed me her bb's clothes and a carrier, boss pass me a book on baby & mother. i'm glad they are nice.

Re: MS

MS have slowly subside only throw out some water and a little food after each meal and especially before i go to bed. giddy spell mostly occur in the morning, i guess is due to empty stomach for the whole night.

Re: burp

this week, i have been burping non stop. i wonder if my bra is too tight... so i get bra extension. it does help a little and i also apply Ru Yi You on and off.. Anyone know if Ru Yi You is ok during pregnancy?

Re: Food

still the same.only can take sour, salty n spicy. was craving for Gong Bao Tian Ji (frog) last evening... so went bukit timah to grab. i simply love the spiciness.

Yesterday was my mum's 50th birthday, so got her a cake, i just have alittle of the cake and start arguing with the toilet bowl shortly after... Hubby was joke that his bb dun like sweet stuff.

Re: body changes

I realised my nipple is not as swollen as in 5-8 weeks. is this normal...?

anyone have updates to share with me? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Carole, icic.. u are really a gd mummy.. can bf them for so long.. i only manage to bf my #1 for 2 wks as my gal does not wan breastmilk and i cant tahan the sore and pain.. better to BU urself during confinement especially if u wan to stop at #3.. coz ppl always say after confinement very difficult to BU back our health le..

Hi mummies,

sorry to disturb your thread but I have a used Quinny Zapp 3 wheeler stroller(red colour) and a Maxi-cosi Cabrio Fix Infant carrier(red colour) to let go at a lower price either as a set or seperately.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mummies!

I MIA-ed the past few days as my #1 was admitted in hospital. He caught a virus which resulted in fluctuating fevers, cough & cold, which also led to bronchitis. Thanks goodness he was discharged yesterday. Please keep away from crowded places, the virus is really rampant, the hospital was filled with people & there was even not enough beds.

carole, I also breastfed my #1 for quite long, until he was 2 years 4 months old. I actually managed to wean him off only 4 weeks ago. Really not easy bf-ing while being preggers.

babydreamy, please don't worry because you do not have MS. When I had #1, I did not suffer from any MS at all. You are just one of the lucky ones, so do enjoy your pregnancy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SY and Sweetpaine, so sorry to hear about your loss.. do take a good care of yourself..

Shint, same like you.. feel like a useless person who only know sleep,eat and puke...

Mei, Take a good care of him. is he in CC or ???

Iam down with flu too.. really scared will pass the virus to my son, saw him sneeze twice just now

Iam in 10wks today.. hope this terrible feeling / MS will go away in another 2 weeks..

Hi Carole,

Pls update my status.. Am 9wks now.. Went for my first gynae visit after a looong wait! Edd is 26 aug according to bb size.

Think I'll have to tell my boss soon as tummy is showing fast... Still wondering how to break the news... 2months preg and 2months into a new job... Sigh...

Gina: lol i nt given a thought to stop at 3 or not... but if my age permits, i think i will go for 4 before 40. i like more kids. :p HB wants me to bu cos i hv given too much to my 2 kids and worry this third will be a handful. Like all, i hv sore and pain, but the thoughts of the nutrients in BF-ing, i went on.. its nt that hard after you get a kick in it, but the thoughts of pumping and work kills. so i thank HB for letting me be a hsewife to keep that gng.

Mei: i must agree bf-ing while preggy kills! it sore and pain.. duno to give or not to give. but my boy is fast.. nw he no longers ask for it. so its a god bless child.

milkyway, noted and updating it.

SY and Sweetpaine, sorry to hear about your loss... take care and rest well!

went to see gynae on fri -- bb is running a marathon inside, moving and kicking ard! and gynae spotted something pointing out -- jokingly said bb shows off :p but warn us that normally it is a false alarm.. so better to wait till detail scan at 20 weeks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

went for blood test and schedule for scan on Feb 9 -- will get the results for down syndrome immediately. so plan to announce to colleagues n friends after the scan on Feb 9...

i was prescribed fish oil and multi-vitamins -- gynae asked me to start after two weeks when my MS eases...

MS is getting worse -- puking more n losing weight [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Thanks Mei, Nellie. I really hope I am the lucky one, and MS didn't come after week 12 like one of my friends. I am now wk 9, going to wk 10 on Wed. So, hope it stays like this and bb remains strong inside. I will fly back to hometown during CNY, flight hour 1.5 hrs. Hope I am ok. Gynae appt is 15 Feb for Oscar, can't wait to see bb fingers etc, coz that day only manage to see the limb, not the rest. Pray hard pray hard... bb healthy and perfect in forming lo.

Hi nellie, not sure ler, sometime constipate like crazy, sometime stool watery like no one biz. Really no clue. Everytime tummy pain, always so scared, something may not be right for bb inside. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I still hungry every 2 hrs, can eat a lot of stuff each day, till my hubby / sister also think my sensor is wrong. Breast is increased by 1 size oredi, and sore like anything, esp when i sleep side way, every morning wake up is like pinching pain.

milkyway & bbpotato,

hi u gals mentioned buying fr the overseas spree on this forum right? i went 'shopping' over there. seems like there are so many things to buy. now i have a question, i cant post on the thread to buy! wonder is it cos my 'membership' is less than a year??!! hmmm how do new mummies buy anything then??? haha....

yesterday went breast pump shopping. didnt buy anything YET. hee... but here are some of the prices:

avent single electric pump: slightly above $200

avent duo electric pump: oos (at isetan & CK tang)

ameda duo electric pump: $388

medela freestyle: $788 nett (not entitled to discount) -comes in a package w the accessories

medela pump in style: $688 nett (not entitled to discount) -comes in a package w the accessories

if buy medela fr overseas spree (without warranty):

medela freestyle: $400+

medela PIS: $300+

haven made up my mind which to buy. if buy medela fr overseas, there's a slight risk cos no warranty. ameda and avent seems good too fr the reviews, 2 of my good friends are using it. but how come it seems to be less popular and less commonly discussed.... hmmmm.....

somemore, avent duo electric is OOS like everywhere....

just sharing the prices with all of you. i know its a bit early. hee

Morning!

Mama, my son is not in CC yet, we just came back from US, we were staying there for a year, so have not enrolled him yet.

Shint

I think it's the Del Monte type.

bunnymummy

I also bought my Avent duo electric from US, it was only USD$200+ when I bought it. I just came back from US last month & I saw that it was selling at USD$199.00. I think even with shipping, it's still cheaper than if you buy it locally. I remember it costs about S$800 here. You can take your time to shop around, check out reviews & see which model suits your needs & budget.

Babydreamy

i am the same as you always hungry.. Dr ang is worrried that i gain 500g in one month told me to cut down on carbo

I will suffer from tummy ache too but usually after going for poo poo is fine... same as u sometimes constipated sometimes LS but consuming more fruits will help for the constipation

at 11 weeks my breast is only slightly sore.. not as bad as it used to

mei,

the avent duo electric is so exp?! the person told me $200+ but i checked online and it cost US$200+ so i was thinking it cant be $200+ here like what the lady said. thanks, too bad i dunno anyone going US. yeah, will go look see look see somemore.

I m gg wk 10 next week. Seems like vomitting is v much better. Didnt experience it everyday. Can eat pretty well. Normal at this stage? Hope bb is growing fine. Got to wait for 3 more weeks before gg back to gynae.

hi all, saw gynae yesterday and i am at 8w2d. finally hear heartbeat! so happy.bb is 1.76cm. is it normal? Gynae never tell me the heartbeat rate leh.. but he says its normal.

My parents are ok to tell our relatives this CNY, But i am abit unsure whether is it safe cos there is still chance of MC right before 12 weeks?

Not sure if its ok..

Oh ya,EDD change to 1st Sept [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bunnymummy, I'm not sure of the price now though. That was the price when I checked at Robinsons in 2008.

fifteenmay, it's up to individual when you want to break the news. For me, I don't tell people I am expecting but if they ask, I don't deny it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

fifteenmay - I went for my checkup last tuesday , at 8 wk2d , my bb is 1.89cm .. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]looks like all my 3 children are quite tall for their age

Patricia, lucky you. I am in my wk 11 and my puking is getting worse. I just saw the doc last fri and he wants me to be admitted. I die die refused and he told me to drink lots of water. Can be ribena, kikapo, juice to make myself more hydrated and flush out the waste toxins. I am seeing doc this coming fri again, just to make sure I am doing well and no need to be admitted. (oh god, pls help me...I don't want to spend CNY in hospital).

Adv_sports,

So far, have you gain any weight. I only gain 0.5kh but it has dropped from 47.8- 47.5 kg. I am just thinking when my appetitie will be better. Ppl say we will get better, but why am I feeling so terrible. Today I cannot even finish the kway teow soup my hubby bought for me. I only took a few strands and that's it.

Hi pipi, dunno if no ms consider lucky or not. Hope bb is fine. Yes, drink ribena helps... I dun feel like drinking plain water coz of a weird taste in mouth. Hence i drank something sweet. But on the other hand, too much sugar is not gd too.

hi pat,

im in my 11th week now. yes i feel better generally. dun feel so bloated everyday.

fifteenmay,

we will inform relatives during cny. by then, ill be 13 weeks. but i was thinking, perhaps my relatives wont know and i dun feel like telling them myself *shy* they will probably think i have grown fatter!!! hahaha....

Back