(2011/08) Aug 2011

Ochamilo,

Oscar is to test for down syndrome, different gynae got different namings for them, for mine is called First Trimester Screening, it would include a nasal bone screening and a blood test.

Some recommend to go just for screening, if screening turn out ok, dun need to do blood test, otherwise, blood test and e amniotic fluid test is ordered, so depends.

ochamilo, i am coming back tml !!! yeah.. finally.. had arrange for 1st appt on sat to see my little one, hope things turn out well.. praying hard..

Agree with Bur, source for CL now and book when u hit 12 weeks. its not abt being KS but making sure that someone good is looking after you. Its not easy to manage a new born, sleepless nights and crying baby. And more stress when you cant breastfeed the baby.

hallo ladies.. MIA yesterday cos feeling so extremely exhausted, pukey, headache.. Ive never felt soooooo tired in my whole life! Am I the only one?? Cant wait for the 12 weeks to be over!

Carole: hee I forgot all about CL this time.. must quickly go search now.. thanks

Dear all!

my name is Samantha! I am carrying #2 but yet to confirmed by a gynae. Test kit shows positive and I am having morning sickness now. Hoho! Gynae should be either Dr Heng or Dr Mary Yang depends on who will be available and hospital for delivery should be Eastshore.

Will visit a gynae next week to confirm my details again yeah!

Sus,

I am feeling it too. Was on MC since day two of work till today. Been sleeping alot but dun seem to help. Once I wake up, I feel nausea. Eat then feels like vomiting. At nite puking gets worst. Now wonder how to survive when I get back to work tomorrow.

It will end after week 12? Or get better?

My last one ended ard week 20 I think ... Hope its not gonna be the same.

Dunno if it's age related .... Hahaha.

Mmm... am i weird that i do not feel tired most of the time? recently, i will toss and turn at night. it seems i'm not sleeping as well as i used to (last time i can sleep all through the night most of the time). the only tiredness i feel is that i will be extremely sleepy right after lunch to the point that i'm really dozing off....

as for rash, i have little little "mosquito bite"-like thing here and there and feeling itchy at some places here and there..

and vomiting is getting serious at night nowadays. i'm thinking of cutting down my lunch intake to eat less each time. all my meals are lighter except lunch is as per usual cos i dun wan to waste the whole bowl of food. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i can hardly eat dinner these days from the super bloated stomach

For my 1st pregnancy, my pukes stops after a month. Whenever I feel like puking, I will try to force out the puke if not I wun have appetite later. The feeling is horrible but better than affect my subsequent meals.

Leena, how old are you?

leenea: I think its age related! I wasnt like that tired during my previous pregnancy.. Im getting OLD... =p 20 weeks?!! Please.. NOOO!!

Carole: ur rash is due to pregnancy? Pregnancy does all sorts of funny things to our body!

Pauline: You are sooo blessed lor.. not scary

cac: Hang in there! Ive yet to vomit but feel horrible cos its all inside pukey but cannot come out..

sus> thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] actually most of the day i feel mostly ok. just my bloated stomach will start to act up in the evening.. it seems i'm having night sickness instead of morning sickness...

only bad thing is that my mil will try to cook food that is good for pregnancy but i can hardly eat them.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] then she will try to remind me that baby needs to eat.. but i really can't stomach anything from the bloatedness... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] sigh....

Pauline,

agreed with sus, u r one of the blessed one, so nice w/o MS

for me, if i dun eat, i will puke, eat liao super bloated, super dilemma.

hopefully it will end soon, another 3 weeks to go

good morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

had craving for tom yam noodles -- juz had that for breakfast *slurp* hope bb will not protest :p

re : MS

cac, my MS is worse at nite, too... last nite, i cannot tahan, asked hubby to take care of #1 and zzz before 10pm(to avoid the pukey feeling)... maybe bb wants mummy to rest [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

to curb with MS, I try to munch on someting every 1-2 hour (youhurt bar, dried cranberry, rasin bread, biscuit).

re : CL

my mum is doing confinement for me (same as when I had #1)... I dun feel comfortable with a stranger in the house and will not rest well... this time, my mum will take care of #1 while I take care of #2 at nite...

re: stay happy

look at cute babies photos will cheer you up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] nowadays, i feel happy when I see #1 and other babies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] try not to think of MS and stay happy!

sus & bbPotato > Very scary is because don't feel pregnant at all !!

Wished i have a u/s machine at home so can take a peep into tummy everyday!

re: raw food

my temp gynae said ok to eat hygiene raw food... so I enjoyed the yummy sashimi during my recent japan trip. Guess bb will be affect by food digested by mummy -- if raw food is not fresh, worst case is mummy will have diahorrea...

re: bloated

my temp gynae advises me to avoid beans which r gassy and will make u feel more bloated...

my #1 & #2 i had tonnes of Salmon sashimi! whahahahaha... i think so much so my hubby's pops out.. whahaa this one.. i got no craving for that at all. And food i eat all 50%. Last night he asked if wanna go buffet, i said no. cos i cant eat much.. go there only waste money.

i m soo tired that i hated to drive. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] maybe tomorrow's lunch, i will just catch a taxi out. :p

my MS kick start today... start throwing out when i reached office. the feeling is terrible...

anyone crave for spicy food? I had to eat mee goreng for bf everyday... i can't imagine myself putting on much weight!

carole, salmon sashimi helped to boost my milk supply when i was bfg #1 -- I had that twice a week [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] wonder if it helps to boost milk supply before giving birth? how long did u bf ur #1 and #2?

yah, i feel so tired to drive, too. but need to drop off my #1 at cc which is near my workplace... bo bian...

cac (cac): Same! Mine also like mozzie bite and when scratch, it will swell up and becomes blister like... just went to see gynae this morning and he gave me some med to apply.. hope it cures the itch cuz I have been suffering from days and now it becomes my legs, hands and back to have such rashes.

Hubby and I decided to go for Oscar. 5th month scan is included in the package also. Will be taking the test at TMC. Hate that place, parking sucks.

Adv: i BF my #1 till she is abt 2.5yrs (when i was pregnant with #2), now I m still BF #2... only in the morning 6am. so i think its gng to be 2.5yrs too. :p

Vonnes: its ok to put on weight :p if you dont.. i m very sure ur gynae will comes after you. :p you just need to eat for the bb to grow. Once preggy, can leave that nice fitting clothes aside till you pop. :p figure will get back after u pop.

Pauline, dont give yourself so much stress. maybe you prefer to join us at the toilets arguing with the bowls instead. sometimes i felt so bad, that i hv to run to toilet just to have that argument, and ppl tot i must eaten some bad food. lol.

sob... my MS is getting from bad to worse.. Finally puked some acidic juice last nite... then having headache whole night. feeling so miserable and depressing.. today's the 3rd year ROM anniversary yet no mood to celebrate already... haiz... still got to tarhan and work now..

May I ask for CL, how much did u paid earlier and what are the normal scope of work CL does for u?

bbsee: yesterday was my bday.. whahaha i only had 1/4 bowl of rice, some california maki, 3 slices of beef.... and 1/2 went back to the toilet bowl.

missyfang> haha.. i did not bother much about my mozzie bites.. it's just strange but i don't have alot of them. mayb u want to try use cetaphil for bathing instead? cos my skin have always been sensitive so i try to use very mild soap.. mayb that helped?

carole & adv_sports> can we really eat sashimi? i'm alittle paranoid.. but i read that if accidentally eat them with bacteria, the bacteria will be passed to the baby and possibly cause defects.. eeks.. i scary cat...

thou i used to love sashimi, i don't know if i can take now also.. i have not touch food that is not warm since i start MS. any food that is abit cold will cause me to feel bloated and feel like puking.

babysee> ya! yest nite i puked the sour juice too! argh.. i puked twice! disgusting... totally no appetite for dinner.. i only had 2 mouths of food and cannot take it already.

I already puke like 3-4 times this morning, after i woke up with no food yet, after eating ...etc...

vv sian ... how to do work tomorrow?

me now resting at home oso feels unwell, keeps wanting to puke, lie down sleep oso not much help.

NOw i cannot stomach any kind of food except plain soupy porridge. Yesterday so blur, ate some bake beans and i guess that's why i had alot of air in my tummy. More bloated than ever.

Nuts gotta avoid eh?

Last tiem i read that peanuts too ... cos it's potentially linked to child allergies so better reduce intake or avoid.

hi carole, happy to hear that you are doing fine now. I am currently staying with my hubby. Not sure in future will i stay with PIL yet.

kinda worried too.

i m also looking forward to be over my 1st trim. 2nd checkup got to wait till 20th jan. 2 more weeks to go.

did u all go for the OSCAR test?

i haven't decided it yet

cac: yes, but remember must be freshly sliced. if u are gng for buffets, nothing tt is on the tray but right from the fridge tt is on the counter. those on the belts are no no. If you go to sushi tei, you can always request them to slice for u, tell them u are preggy and cant hv those on the belts. :p

when i was expecting #2, i went sakae at T2, they refused.. i said fine, i will just walked out. whahahaa. they LL do it.

hmm... I wonder why there's this term MS = Morning Sickness when mine is 24/7. Mine should be called WDS = Whole Day Sickness?

cp240> very tempted to take MC... but my colleagues will be away for a week next week which means I got to man the fort next week, plus these two days to clear any work whereever possible.

Carole> same here... ytd morning-noon, I had half bowl of cereal, one reg french fries, one guava. reach home and puke the sour juice. so dinner cooked porriage with ginger, but had only 1/4 portion with one egg. Concuss liao..

cac> on the contrary, I hate hot food now... I prefer to munch fruits, jelly etc. i can stomch anything that taste more refreshing. If only I can take sashimi too... but didnt coz it's the first NO-NO food stated everywhere...

Hubby tells me to drink milk, eat cheese ... but after that, the cheese will come out and it's gross ...

He also insists that I eat egg everyday.

Wonder what is a balance diet for preggies since alot of things we eat oso comes out ... any nutritional values in eating them?

leena: plain porridge w some sweet potatoes. i dont like bake beans.... try something like steam eggs or chai po eggs. nthing oily.

Lithim: dont think too much to stay with PILs or not... time will comes then u handle there and then. mine was pushing to the extreme, so i hv to act it, if nt... i will always be taken advantage of.

leena: gynae said eggs and milk is good. Hardboil egg... whaha i cant manz.. i find it too much for me!

BBsee: lol i like Chwee Kueh! lots of chai po! whahaha... i like fighting w hb over tt.. whahahaa. Do read up. those who said NO NO Sashimi cos of the contamination. Rule of the thumb, it must always be freshly sliced and straight to your table. nothing on the belt and tray. I had so much for #1 & #2.. whahaha so.. i m living example. :p Folks give you the most NO NO.. No this No that. If hb is to say No, tell him lor.. ok lor.. i dont eat liaoz. no mood, he sure no choice. :p

adv_sports, glad to hear that we can take raw food that's fresh, any idea bout foie gras & parma ham???

Carole, hi^5..we gg to clear our 1st trimester soon! my edd is still 8Aug as of scan on mon...

on oscar test, it's usually recommended for moms tht's about 30...however, it jus a ratio test..if its a low ratio then i think there's more test to be done..me old liao so hv to do...hahaha

Happy New Year MTBs! Sorry MIA for a while cos started #1 in playgroup so was on leave last week and early this week. It has been very rough for me and her because she cries when we reach the centre and the teacher will just take her bag and take her from me. They say keep the goodbyes short but my poor baby will cling and claw for me. I'm a terrible mummy to put my child through this [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but there's no other way.

My MS is slowly degenerating me. Feel hungry all the time and want to puke but when I eat something, feel bloated. Argh! It's not like this with #1, I then had virtually no MS! But MS is also a sign that pregnancy hormones are very strong so must tahan and hope it ends in 3-4 weeks!

vonnes, I also love spicy food now! can't even look at spaghetti which used to be my fave food. last time I never understood why some pregnant mummies cannot tahan something but I completely get it now. just looking at it can make you nauseous. and lately my #1 mickey mouse hot dog song driving me nuts, everytime I hear it like want to puke! whoever heard of pregnant woman sensitive to music?!

missyfang, yah i hate TMC parking too. can't imagine if in labour still need to worry about parking?? can any mummies share? how much will parking charges be like that??

Carole, I've also put on weight which again is different from my first pregnancy. Im so worried bcos I'm already plus-size and if put on too much weight, will be unhealthy but can't help it. seems this baby likes all the fast food, tom yam noodles and teriyaki chicken don!

re sashimi: heard abt it too but i figured how would the people in japan live if not on raw fish? and they have long life expectancies! so maybe as long as from a reputable eatery, should be ok.

re allergies: unless parents have allergies, then not much to worry about for the kiddo. it's not like in the US where EVERYBODY is allergic to nuts!

can i ask for some advice?

my gynae arranged for my next visit at my week 10, but the antenatal pkg starts at week 12. do you think it'll be okay if i just change the appointment to later then no need to spend twice?

caramelle, you can use valet parking in TMC when you are checking into the hospital..so dun hv to wait for parking...bought my ger to sch this morning, was wailing like mad, she's a bit of a drama queen, but i need to leave her crying cause my cab is waiting for me outside the sch...she's been with this sch for 6mos liao, still cry like mad almost everyday...

me too me too.. i also have a tendency to eat spicy food... i wonder y.. my hubby say mayb cos it will warm my stomach, will feel good. that's y i wan spicy food. erm.. i dunno.. i just know i prefer spicy food. :p

thanks bur. at my first visit i saw many of the malay boys like waiting around so we tried the valet parking but it's parked off-site from the TMC right?

wah 6mos still crying..future looks bleak for me. how old is she and is it a full day? my girl is 18mos and she's there from 730-630. long i know, but no choice. my hubby a bit mean...ask me to fetch her back but later when tummy big already how to carry her. living one day at a time...

hi ladies

can i join this thread? im first time mummy, seeing dr banjamin tham at tmc. currently 8 weeks 1 day pregnant.

i've put on 2-3 kg since preggy! though i feel nauseous most of the time, i dun actually puke. but once eat something, my tummy will be so bloated! so uncomfortable!

caramelle, my ger's 2, it's full day for her, 730-630 too...usually my hubby would be the one to drive her to/fro sch, but sometimes he's on duty, nvr come home, so i am the onie one with my ger...used to send her by cycling but now preggy with no.2, cannot cycle, so this morning i took a cab to her sch then to the mrt station..i dun know what to do when no.2 is out cause i am not gg to switch my ger's sch & her sch dun hv IFC..& hubby refuse to get a maid to look after the kids..i told him to go solve this mystery himself cause its not possible for me to send both of them to sch at the same time...

welcome bunny mummy 82...my tummy super bloated too, i am now sitting at my desk with my pant's zip down..hahaha

Back