(2011/08) Aug 2011

Hi mrng!

I would like to check usually when u start to test HPT? I do hv some strange feelings like giddy spell & headache past few days so i did OPK & HPT tests yesterday mrng & this mrng both test are -ve [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I tested OPK on 23Nov then I BD on 24 & 25 by right today shd b my DPO11 or 12.

Happyenough> no worries, maybe u'll get an actual christmas pressie instead? Jia You!

m&m> thanks mummy for sharing with mummy... hee.. oh ya, I can take milo and horlicks.. I belong to heaty body constitution and dun normally take milo or Horlicks coz they are known for their heatiness... But now we have to make our body as heaty as possible right?

young jes> I thought I was the only one... duno is it becoz I am bloated or what... my pants are tight and I have slight tummy already. I noticed some of my colleagues are staring and suspecting... yet I have to keep mum over the good news until CNY (3 mths). My hb asked if we could be suspecting twins given the speed I'm growing... ^_^"' I have a little bump 2 inches below belly buttom area...

Pauline> good morning Mummy Pauline... (I feel so brightened up with the word "mummy" now)

hmm... i have no morning sickness yet... but slight nausea from 6am to 9am and evening time... I starting to feel fatigue already...

Morning ladies!!

Babysee, yar man, many ppl are also suspecting that I'm pregnant, and I feel so bad to lie when they ask, so I just say I'm trying for #2, not sure if that's considered admitting..

Now I'm either wearing maternity pants or dress with elastic belts. Hope it's safe to wear my usual elastic belts during pregnancy.. Shd b ok right? Since it's not too tight. Super paranoid over everything now..

I've no morning sickness as well, only feel nausea in the morning, and super tired all day long. I can fall asleep anytime anywhere now, so embarassing esp when I fall into deep sleep in the train!

Hi ladies!

My first post in this forum... Im tested positive for my pregnancy on the 26th Nov 2010; just after my wedding on 13th Nov!

Based on the gynae, my baby is 6 weeks old up to date =)

I also heard bout the 3months probation thingy but it seems that many people had known bout my prenancy... including my boss & office collgs...

Doesn't really matter.. right?

young jes:

yes i know how challenging not 2 reveal till 1st tri. i didnt tell till 5 mths later! i thought might as well carry on till stomach really show.

babysee:

not sure if taking heaty food is really good during pregnancy coz might cause constipation leh... I just wanted 2 replace my fav kopi so gotta find substitute. i tried enfamum milk but didnt like it much.

But i felt it's ok to tell your boss and colleague about it so that they can watch over you. Especially sometimes I might need to carry box of files. A little paiseh to tell them though cos Im only 6 mths into this job.

Hi Mummies:

Im from May 2010 thread, Im selling away a brand new Avent steriliser at $150/-. Please text me at 97714797 or PM me. Self collect.

Thanks

Anne

Dear Mummies,

I have:

1) An almost brand new My Brest Friend pillow for sale @ $70.

Used only a few times.

2) Preloved Philip Avent Dual Electric breast pump selling for

$250. Used for 1 month. Still have 6 months warranty. Its an

U.S. set.

Both items self collection @ Tiong Bahru.

If interested, pls call 81828574. Thanks

hi MTBs, im also late and hoping for good news. recently i keep eating a lot of almonds and dont know if that's the reason i feel like vomitting.

trying for #2, my girl was born in june09.

don't know if too early to test? according to iphone period tracker, AF is 2 days late...

Congrats to all MTBs, i've just tested preggy on 3 Dec, this is my no.2, no.1 turn 2 on 4 Dec..tot my EDD is in late July thus went to join the July thread but then later i downloaded the iphone app, it says my EDD should be on 6 Aug.hehehe

Hi young jess, my first was delivery by Dr. Ang 2 yrs ago, i've decided to change gynae this time round cause i cnnot afford to wait too late for my appt. cause need to take care of no.1 after work..he's too popular...thus i am seeing another gynae near my work plc next week...so u live in the north area too?

Babysee/young jess, my stomach oso super bloated although i am only bout 5-6wks preggy, tot i am the onie one too cause i dun remember my stomach so big so early on my first pregnancy..

bur: Yar lo, tummy so big super hard to hide.. I'm staying at sembawang!

You ladies started on folic acid already??

young jess, me stay at sembawang too!!! we r neighbours.. hehehe.. me hvnt start on folic acid yet, tot of waiting for doc to prescribe me some next wk..

Wah really ar? I'm staying opp endeavour pri sch! Will it be ur 1st appt next week? Mine is 18th dec, long wait leh!

Hi mtbs!

I m from June Thread lah,come here to kpo abit.. lol

Congrates to all..

remember to start ur folic acid as soon as u know you are preg,coz' ur bb needs it to develop brains,spine.. etc etc..IT is IMPORTANT esp if you daily diet doesnt have enough foods that contain enough..just get it from pharmacy,they are cheap n good.can read up on this.

http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/nutrition/whyneedfolicacid/

Hope all of u enjoy this process of being preggie

cheerio~

bur> ooh... I'm now kinda more relieved to know it's normal... I have such bloated tummy and asked my mum if that's norm.. she also no idea... Feeling more sleepy for past 2 days.. and fell asleep during my noon course! I think the lecturer talked about me dozing off and colleagues were staring at me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so embarassing.. then my colleague actually asked if I'm pregnant... haa.. I just shrugged my shoulder... (signal I duno) and gave a sleepy look

young jes> I happen to start folic acid 3 weeks ago for fertility reason... and continuing since then... I assume it's the basic vit we should take? hmm... duno must take throughout whole pregnancy hor?

I'm staying at Bukit Gombak.. so naturally gg to Dr Wong at TMC.

Babysee > I'm staying at Bt Gombak too! "Hi-five" ~

Clare > Me, me, me!! I have been burping so much! Haha...

Since this is my 2nd pregnancy, i have already started on what my gynae prescribe me during my 1st pregnancy. Now taking, folic acid, Obimin and NeuroGain Vegicaps every morning...

I've been taking folic acid since 2 weeks ago, so started when I was about 3 weeks pregnant, hope it's not too late.. Read that 5th week is when they develop main spinal structure, so folic acid is particularly important during this period of time.

I enjoy reading the week-by-week development updates of our bb, so amazing to know how they are slowly developing from an egg to a cute bb!

hi mommies & daddies

please do cast a vote for my little girl if you have a minute.

thank you so much for your kindest support

she is on page 1, Rice Lauren Xinru, 3 years old

to help vote please click here - http://www.lokimedia.com.my/gapcastingcall/

then choose "Singapore"

thank you once again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pauline> HI-FIVE!! so coincident... so have u chosen ur gynae? Am thinking if I have made a right choice to find Dr Wong coz of distance and I heard the fees are reasonable... he's a man of few words though...

young jes> ya ya... ytd my hb showed me a website where they show in 3D how bb grows... so amazing...

hi mummies, still havent test yest cos im still thinking it's early! silly me. anyone got any test strips to let go? i can meet at tanjong pagar/raffles place/tampines mrt.

mixed feelings about this possible pregnancy as i just started a new job and now only 2 months. i applied for this job 2 years ago and told them i was expecting number 1 and after that they told me the position was put on hold...now they take me 2 years later and this! i think this company very "productive" for me.

when number 2 comes, my girl would be abt 26months so quite independent already. thinking of starting her in playgroup next jan.

oh yah anyone seeing dr benjamin tham? he was from kk but i heard he moved to TMC last year. he's really nice and supportive

Hi Ladies...

Just tested positive on 23 Nov.... Went to see Gynae last Tues... he say only 5wk+... too early to see anything... going back next Fri... EDD likely late July/Early Aug le.....

Caramelle,

I'm seeing Dr Tham.... Agree he is very nice and supportive.. makes us feel v calm each visit.

Praying to see heartbeat next Fri!

hey caramelle, my gal will also be ard 27mths when my No 2 comes.. next yr jan she will be going to childcare..

young jess, i stay diagonally across the mrt stn..next tues gg to be 1st appt, my hubby super excited..hehehe.. urs no. 2 too? u seeing Dr. Ang?

Yeah, gg bk to dr Ang for my no.2! My dd is already gg p1 next yr! Am worried abt the q at his clinic, but it will be easier for my hb and dd to join me for the appts, so just hv to bear with the waiting time..

I also saw Dr Benjamin Tham when i had my son in year 2006. He is a very nice doctor. Everytime i went for my checkup, he will scan and give me a copy of the scan!

But now when i heard that he moved on to TMC, i don't think i want to follow. Cos its quite inconvenient for me.

I will go back and try to find some other doctor at KKH's Private Suite.

hi nitestar, congrats! Dr Tham is a nice man. When I was seeing him for my first pregnancy, his wife just passed away the week before but we didn't sense anything amiss until my friend told me to look at obituaries. He's very fatherly and a father of 3 boys I think.

hi minolta, my girl was born in june09 so yours is may09? actually better to have number2 when the first one is much older i think. they're more independent and we no need to carry them so much. plus i miss being pregant and a new mum again! yes i look forward to sleepless nights and nursing all over again!

hi Pauline, yah i was reading that parking at TMC is teribble, until must use valet parking?? but i really like him and although he's not cheap for quite chop chop service, most prob i go back to him. he, like most gynaes, will not tell you much unless you have questions. but if too many questions i scared he get annoyed! haha!

i'm giving myself till end of this week then i test.

Thank Caramelle!

Ya, he's a fren of my boss... so she told me about the passing of his wife too. I was with him in KKH too, but he didn't manage to deliver him, as he was away on holiday...

My boy just turned 2 last sat... so he'd be almost 3 by the time no.2 comes.... I also think if no. 1 is older, its easier to manage... cos they can understand more now....

Actually hor.. I abit scared le.... now finally can sleep a bit better at night... have to start all over again.. i mean the sleepless nights...

Any of you have your no. 1s who are v clingy?

nitestar, my ger jus turn 2 on sat too.. u in the dec 08 mtb thread too right.. maybe we've our no. 2 on same date too!!! LOL..

me oso a bit stress to hv no. 2.. jus thinking of my nite pumping on the first yr.. not enough slp for a whole yr everyday...stress...

bur, I was there, but i wasn't active.. cos it was very hard for me to meet up with the other mummies...

Is your ger clingy now or not huh?

Hi caramelle, my gal was born on April 09. I think its time to have second one. Sometimes i see my gal playing alone, like so poor thing. Wanted to conceive earlier but i just started on a new job.

hihi, check with u all.. anyone start experiencing MS? i am slowly losing all bad symptons like bloatedness, giddy, cramp. In fact, no MS yet makes me worry... can't wait to see gynae for 1st visit next monday already...

only thing is i poo more... no increase in pee frequency...

Hello all! It is my first time both to be a mommy as well as posting on forum.. I enjoyed reading each of your sweet experiences and hope to share more since am new to everything. Btw my EDD should be early Aug according to online calculator ^^

I am tested positive two days ago and had a blood test in hospital yesterday to ensure the good news and it's confirmed am preggie with 4wks(early xmas present!). My hb and I are over the moon. I'll be having my first ultrasound scan on the 21st and first doc's appt the following week.

So far I've no morning sickness (which is what causing me to feel extra anxious during tests) however i do feel hungry more often instead - no serious nausea or backaches etc. I try avoid my fav coffee since a mth ago and started folic acid hoping to enhance the chance of getting it strike haha my mil forbids me from eating banana too as well as most of the fruits cos too afraid (kiasu) to complicate my early stage now but I do drink more water to avoid constipation [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I have so much to share and to hear from all of you! Happy to make some new friends here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Congrats & good luck to all mommies-to-be :D

Hi bellering! congrats to you !! mine should be early Aug according to online calculator but am 6 weeks already... We are 1st time parents and both parents will be first time grandparents so everyone is excited... hee... oh yes, I feel hungry more often, no craving yet. Feel sleepy after lunch... Am slowly cutting down coffee intake..

ooh talking about fruits, one of my close gf advised to avoid excess fruits intake... else bb will have asthma or phelgm...

Just went for my 2nd visit to gynae at TPY, Dr James Lee and I can see my bb's heart blinking at the machine! So excited and happy.

BB is currently 6weeks1day old as per machine. Dr Lee always give me a photo of the scan wheneven I go..

just that the fee is always $130-$150; is it normal rate?

My protein intake is slightly high hence needa cut down on meat...

If I dont like vege and eat fruits everyday, will that help?

Hi babysee - congrats to u too! I feel the excitement coming along for your families. Yay [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Oh I heard certain fruits are OK but in order not to make mistake I avoid them at this stage and substitute with warm water for better defecation. I almost had a plate of pineapple fried rice last week thank god my hb stopped me in time else sure blame myself to bits lol

missyfang> congrats! so u and babysee are on the 6th week now where am at my 4th.. I cant wait to view bb's heartbeat on the monitor like u girls, I guess my tear will be unstoppable by then hehe!

hi babysee i'm kinda like you .. less of the bloatedness, cramps and giddy.. just feel extremely sleepy and poo more.. and i feel kinda wierd that i not experiencing MS yet.. but i heard 6-7 wks onwards MS will start to come.. i'm currently 5 wks plus

bellering> oh no... pineapple shall be a big taboo... luckily ur hb knows.. my hb so blur and even order lemon tea for me despite me telling him I have to avoid tea too.. my gf told me next taboo is orange and watermelon... hmm...I will miss my fav watermelon...

cp240> ooh.. I felt kinda strange when these symptoms are missing as I thought it's meant to get worse...

Think it's time for me to upsize panties... the elastic is "eating" into my bloated tummy already... went Mothercare today and realised most maternity wear aren't cheap...

hi all!

I tested positive today.. glad to join the thread and read about all ur stories!

Congrats to you all!

I was in Jan 09 thread..

But I still havent go see doc to confirm..

Really hungry though..

take care!!

babysee, i am oso super sleepy once it reach 2+ in th afternn, hv been taking coffee or chix essence to ease my sleepiness.. i know many mommies r cutting away caffaine, but i think once a day is ok, i realli need tht! i had 1 cup each day whn i am preggy wif no.1, no coffee my engine cannot start..hehehe..

maternity clothes: i agreed its exp. if u buy frm mothercare or shopping ctr, during my 1st pregnant, i bought quite a few dresses frm Gap maternity which is not cheap.. later i realise there's a lot online..oso there's a shop in toa payoh tht ctr tht sells cheap & not too bad maternity clothes, maybe u can take a look thr..

Argh, think my ms started. Have been throwing up after dinner for the past 2 days, feels giddy and nausea in the morning too. Hope this phase will pass soon...

Babysee> yar man, maternity wears are exp, but I go to this shop called carrano for my office and casual pants, the price quite reasonable, cost me slightly above 100 for 4 pants/shorts.. Will wait till 2nd trimester before I get the tops..

I pee more, n super tired now... sleep 9hrs... wait up fresh... but tired v fast again!!

I dun really have morning sickness.. but can't eat much... the food seems to get stuck in my throat...

Oh fruits... I took orange juice almost daily during lunch for no. 1... n he did have a lot of phlegm... so now i try to avoid lor....

Maternity clothes, i bought some good quality ones... which i could still wear after delivery... cos my tummy didn't shrink as fast... now re-wear again!

bellering/babysee: Cannot eat pineapple? I have craving for it and have been eating it everyday.. oh dear?

nitestar: thanks!

bur> same here... actually, I am kind of waiting for my MS to come.. haa... coz i saw in other threads, MS means pregnancy is gg well... Oh god.. Just let me have MS for a week? heee..

young jes> May I know where is Carrano? I am very tempted to start getting some pants/skirts as they are pretty tight now.. I can't zip some of my dresses when reach the bustline [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I seems to gain too much weight for MTB less than 2 mths?? wail~ but i dun recall I eat this much! Dun dare to buy 1st also becoz I haven gone for 1st scan... duno got any pantang anot...

nitestar> I'm plus size too... I was telling hubby last nite, I finally have the luxury to buy BIG & pretty clothes... and online somemore.. haa.. coz usually online clothes comes in free size only. But I go online, most maternity are exp too... guess got to do more research...

sus> no no... cannot take pineapple, they say it's too liang and acidic...

Back