(2011/07) July 2011

muffintop> thanks, i think its abit inconvenient for me since my hubby wont be ard.

wow, you sure can eat alot now. hehee..me is feeling hungry now too but wanna wait till dinner time. well at least ur HD is by your side unlike mine.

yea i can finish KFC whipped potato too! strange huh... seems like most of us can make do with it..

if i cant eat dinner (where MS is worst), i'll get some popcorn chicken and the potato to fill stomach ..

I lost about 600g of weight; my gynae says it's normal and there's nothing to worry about during 1st trimester, cos some of us experience MS. But strangely I only had 1 week of vomiting and hv been eating more than my usual, so I dunno where my foodie went :p During first trimester baby derives nutrients from the egg. I also read a pamphlet that ideally preggy mums should experience weight gain only fr 2nd trimester onwards. Same thing for food intake (but tough rite, cos I always feel hungry).

Btw do you all experience on-off mild cramping at different parts of your tummy? Is it supposed to be normal?

Janice, i am having ms and i found that eating every 2 hours help.. sure grow fat like that one. but at least won't puke..

KFC whipped potato sounds good. will do that for snacks tml.

I find warm milk helps with MS too. will try apple.

muffintop> ic. thats good. take small bites but many times per day. hehe..nowadays i find myself hungry every few hours.

care bear> me also experience cramping like menses cramps. sometimes i also hv some pulling pain at either the left side or the right side. the mummies here said its normal as long as no discharge. thats why nowadays i treat it as normal.

Feimei> RU YI YOU is not safe!! Stop sniffing it.. My gynae said so far only axe brand is safe.. So I better stop sniffing bai hua you..

iko - how come ru yi you not safe? i put that for my boy leh, so how? i can't put it anymore?

btw, mummies, if u are worried about doing hair jobs, my gynae said it's ok. even ok to dye and straighten hair.

i realize hot gao milo very nice hahahaha - very soothing. cant help it ... my ms seems to be back in action. Still not much appetite these days

Ah baby can give ur mommy a break?

Dinner i decided i will eat the fish burger and mashed potatoes from KFC. No matter what gotta eat.

For me so far didn't experience any cramps. Maybe I sleep alot and walk less.

Regarding hair jobs, hairstylist from jean yip told me during my hair treatment in my early weeks, due to chemicals, preggie women can't dye hair or rebonding except for hair treatments.

Regarding crazings,

Now curry Maggie mee is my best friend. I will add more chiili sauce + 1 egg into the mee and finish everything in no time. Yummy! (cooked by DH)

iko,

I think i die liao...i hv been snifing very often...whenever my nausea kicks in....at nite, i apply on my tummy leh otherwise too bloated, can't sleep well!!! I dun like axe oil leh....jialat...how to survive through nw.... :~(

Does anyone feels like stomach is bloated with hot n burning esp in e morning n after meals? I always get this feeling n it is so uncomfortable. How does everyone get rid of this feeling?

envy those who can take fish. The moment I smell fish, I go merlion. Anything oily makes me hug the toilet bowel. That day walk pass KFC, I feel like puking. Now stick with porridge. Told my DH when the bb comes out I'm gg to smack his/her backside. Make me suffer so much. hahaha...

karen,

I will onli bloated, no hot n burning feel leh...the bloatedness itself already suffering!!! U may wan to chk with ur gynae??

Brainy,

U will be beta after 1st tri...by then, try to intake more fish...gd for beanie!!!

Brainy, try fried fish. When my sis was preggy, she cannot stand fish throughout pregnancy. Then my mum fried fish and she can stomach.

Karen, feimei- I also bloated only. Do you mean body hot? Maybe its metabolism?

July- so sweet of ur DH to cook for you.

Hi everyone,

I am back after MIA for a week. Came back from HK on sat and collapsed on the bed for the next 2 days. "Celebrated" my birthday on Sunday by lying on the bed. My last 2 days at HK was bad as I started throwing out many times (thot it was bad MS) and had cramps. Was quite worried and then couldn't eat much the next few days. So I went to see my gynae yesterday instead of waiting till Thurs. Luckily, it was just gastric flu cause I was very worried that I might end up in hospital (like my previous pregnancy) and put on drip. But during the checkup, he saw a big blood clot (which explains why i had cramps) next to the water bag so I had to continue with my pills. Now another thing to worry[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Hopefully the blood clot will disappear when i go for my next checkup.

Finally I get to know my EDD which is on 22 July 2011. I think so far my EDD is the latest right?

huh... hw abt the thai orange medicial oil?? i dun like the axe oil smell. like dat i will be suffering!!! ru yi you oso a no!!! oh gosh!!... dye hair can ya!! to wat i knw cannot lei cos of chemicals. so better think twice b4 doing it k. so suffering.... i cant eat a bit of food. nt even fish too. i had hot milo for dinner for today only. very xin ku lo. ;(

july.. yr DH is so sweet, so envy u ;)

jerjer... welcome back to spore ;) no woli... everything will be fine ok. jus rest well & rem take yr med. so when's yr next appt?? my EDD was actually 20 july but nw bought forward to 16 July. I think as times goes by EDD will keep changing ;)

Karen: I feel bloated but dun hv the hot feeling that you described. What I hv is heartburn instead, esp after meals. It's machiam like the food is packed all the way up to the throat and gonna merlion soon. That's due to increased progesterone levels that slows everything down (including digestion). Is that what you mean? My body has been feeling really cold since the start of pregnancy, to the extent my colleagues say I look all dressed for winter LOL

feimei> oh dear.. i haven sniff axe brand b4.. so i dunno how it smells like.. i tink ru yi you contain this ingredient (clover oil) that is unsafe for preggers.. or u endure first then ask ur gynae during ur next visit?

Jan-ice> how long will ur hubby be there? I'm also quitting my job here to go HK with him.. for first 2 mths my mama will acc me there.. then i come back to deliver.. then when the bb has taken all e vaccination.. will bring the bb to HK.. if not hubby alone there v poor thing leh..

Went to my hair dresser and was advised not to dye hair

Heng, my last colour is not blonde or brunette but jet black.. Can last me for months Liao..

Hehe ...

Feimei, muffintop n care bear, saw my gynea last week n told him e prob n e advise he gave is must exercise lo. He said e more exercise is better n will help all this prob. But too bad I work almost 14hours a day, dun have time exercise except weekend. Carebear, ya I feel e same way as u, just tat it is every meal, e food like got stuck in Yr throat halfway! E feeling of bloatness n ms really sucks big time. Hope this will be over soon. I take soupy stuff also doesn't seem to work. Sob sob.

hi mommies & daddies

please do cast a vote for my little girl if you have a minute.

thank you so much for your kindest support

she is on page 1, Rice Lauren Xinru, 3 years old

to help vote please click here - http://www.lokimedia.com.my/gapcastingcall/

then choose "Singapore"

thank you once again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Janice,

Dr. Henry did not check my boobs, But I think he checks Wendy's boob during her first visit. His clinic is at Bishan Central area. Walking distance from MRT. Most of the time,he jokes alot during checkups and makes you very relax. But sometimes when he is tired, he is quite serious.

Karen,

I take warm/hot plain water when my tummy bloated. It helps me to let out gas.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning mummies...

audrey... nt easy. really cant imgine a pkt of milo last mi the whole nite. cereal & fish soup?? hmm... nt sure i will pluke out anot. lolzz... im so problematic lo. ;(

Good morning all mummies,

iko> he is there perm. he's been working there for 3 years alriz. thats why this year, i put my happiness before my job, quit it impulsely (w/o getting my aws or bonus) and go join him. who knows later realise not used to e life here. super bored. plus miss my dog in sg so much. i think hkg is so much more fun to stay. btw can u take flight now?? which week are you at now?

maelyn> thanks for ur great info. sounds like he really make preg ladies at ease especially our first visit will be so nervous. just wondering how come he didnt check ur boobs but wendy's boob? may i know which hospital u will be using? also how is his charges like? thx thx

Hi all, I had a nightmare last nite!! I dreamt I miscarried! Fresh red blood coming out in drops and bigger drops which formed turtle shapes! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] it scared me! N I rmb I was in shock in e dream jus looking at the blood coming out n 2 turtle shapes were formed. Then aft I broke down to one of my hb's china biz associate. Very weird and sad dream. Luckily my girl woke up n woke me too. :|

Morning ladies,

need to ask an stupid question..

hw many folic acid we have to take in each day? is it 1 tablet of 5mg?

cos i was so overjoy by last few visit to my gynae that i forget to ask her...and my gynae didnt perscribe me folic acid since i got it on my own

hi yaya, according to my gynae, it's 5mg... he even said the one i bought from GNC is super low that i ahve to eat almost 12-15 tablets to fit the daily 5mg.....wahaha...

Morning everyone.. my gynae (female) also checked my boobs and nipples during my 1st visit w her. She pressed my boobs alittle, saying to check for lumps. And she said they look at the shape of nipples as well, cos some shapes could be a cause for concern (im not sure which). Hope this helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jamie> relax ya..glad to know it's a dream. u must have been in a state of shock when u woke up. poor thing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Yaya> yes 1 tablet a day[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

okie okie, thanks tingie and ixoral..

i got my folic acid from ntuc unity.. it reads 5mg/tab..so i think should be 5mg per tablet ba....

icezjo, so i only need to take 1 tab per day hor? i v gong gong.. forget to ask and also take it on my own...

sorry for lor soo..just need double assurance just in case..hehee

by the way, u all know anywhere to buy baby pics? my DH thinking of getting it to boost my confidence.. lol... he said seeing baby pic will make mummy smile more n be positive..

yaya> i got my folic acid from unity pharmacy as well. The small yellow tablets ya? Yes those are 1 per day ;)

Just wanna chk w u girls. I'm supposed to take my Duphaston twice a day (once per 12hrs). But i usually forgot my 2nd intake! Will this matter? Hb not happy whenever i told him i forgot to eat...he say i bo sim.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi mummies...

ytd reali a BAD day for mi loh.... 1st i got bleeding... 2nd my iphone die off... wat a day...

Icezjo: yes! Shocked! Turtle shapes! Wth! N I gt more problems tis preg so tis mks things worse.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

ixoral, ya lor.. those yellow tablets.. i think all the same right....except in capacity..

last time hor, i tend to forget to take the 2nd intake lor.. so i now be careful, write date on the tablet cover itself..so to remind me whether i finish the pill for the day or not.

maybe u can do this also? try not to forget to many time lor. if even after 13hr apart, i will still eat it so hav to fill up the right dosage for the day..

hope it helps!

Jamie... relax. i think dis is due to the changes in our body. so most of us r having nitemares too. hopefully 2nd tri. we will all be woli free.. & sweet dreams every nite ;)

yaya... 1 tablet(5mg) every am. dun overdose ya ;)

u can get the bb pic. at popular too;)

ixoral... true lo. even i forget DH will say i bo chap dis bb. so wat for always urge for a bb for so long. rite nw i every am... will rem. nite time DH will try to remind n ask mi had i intake the dydrogesterone. dis is hw i nv miss out. maybe u may ask yr DH to remind u b4 he goes to bed.

jgwee... omg... so hw is everything?? u feeling better & did u went to see gyne??

thanks suying.. i just scared i get too excited and eat double..so i also write date on the folic acid as well.hahaha... jialat me..

ur welcome ixoral! write date is the more effective way i find..so far, i havent miss a dosage..

thanks Suying..

went to c gynae immed when i say the fresh blood! so they did a check for mi and gif mi an injection to prevent miscarriage.

and gif mi medi to insert into my V every night and medi to let mi rest loh... was given MC from ytd till friday.....

i'm ok thru out leh,. dun knw y got bleed and today is dark brown discharge...

of cos he did a scan for mi oso... beanie was 3.22cm at 10 weeks ..... HB still ok....

hope everything is fine :1

ic.... glad to hear dat. dark brown discharge could be the old blood. no woli... stay hapi is impt. ask yr DH go buy some bb pic. everyday look at it u might feel better as new member joining soon ;)

Back