(2011/06) June 2011

Claire: i suffer from little MS as long as i keep eating every 2 hours. I'm feeling quite sick of eating. Eat until duno wat to eat liao.

Clare: i am fine with juices. But dont like sour plums.

E'leen: eh no dyeing even when breast feeding??? That means no colour for u for at least a year. Maybe can find rata's salon. hehe

E'leen, normally i bring them out for bf in the morning, the little one can nap in her stroller, so it's not an issue, normally in the noon we will be back, then in the evening we usually be at home and hb will cook dinner or we eat out. Trying to tune the 2 kids' napping times into one napping time, but with the 3rd one coming, we got to really stretch our heads to tune their napping times hahaha!

qiuen, when i do colouring when i was still bfing, wat i did was i discard the bm which i had just pump after colouring.

Hi Mummies:

Im from May 2010 thread, Im selling away a brand new Avent steriliser at $150/-. Please text me at 97714797 or PM me. Self collect.

Thanks

Anne

rata> u said u colour, not dye, ur hair last month.. wats the diff between colour and dye anyway?

actually, i not so much want to dye rather than i want to rebond.. hair start to be wavy again.. so irritating

eleen> ur hairdresser even more kiasi than mine haha! bf also cannot dye!

eh ladies, isnt it a bit OTT to avoid NS to this extent? its actually a really good character building experience! and nowadays NS not tough like last time already so should be really ok ma.. u may think that ur boy is wasting time in the NS but actually if they are really hardworking, they can study part-time while in NS too. or even if they dun study, i still think the whole NS experience is a good one for boys at that age cos they get to learn a whole set of skills that they will not get elsewhere..

quien, Im in no hurry to colour since my hair is now black, intend to stay this way for awhile. Too lazy to maintain, esp now.

JJ, thats tough! I intend to train the next one to nap in stroller. #1 cant slp in stroller...

E'leen, o hhehe! my 2 kids can slp in the stroller. ya bttr train the next one to nap in the stroller, so u have one less to carry.

Agreed with Altariel, I don mind my boy going NS, can see the difference guys did NS and nvr do NS.

NS got pro and cons...

Some situations also not so straight forward like my cousin. If he does NS, he'll lost his citizenship. But if he doesn't do NS, he'll lost his PR and on a great risk of being "blacklisted". He hasn't decided yet.

The main reason why I intend to get dual citizenship for my baby is not to siam NS actually, but because it's his / her birth right. Personally I do think 2 years is too long, but like I said it's part and parcel if he decided to be a Singaporean man [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hair wise, according to my close friend who specialize on hair colouring, most product actually are safe for pregnant woman. However in my case the whole family against it so I'll follow what they said. I have to cut my hair though cuz everytime i puke it gets in the way. Very painful decision as I always have long wavy brown hair (the curl of course also kena cut away) but hey, just tahan for another 6 months? lol

eleen, i reborn b4 my bb full mth to look mei mei. i discard the milk after i reborn.

altariel, my dye refer to bleach.

altariel & rata, i think my hairdresser dun wanna take the risk since i know her on a personal basis.

personally i find tying up long hair better than cutting it short, esp during confinement. less messy cos bun it up, away from face. my massage lady said malay believe in tying up the hair to prevent wind from getting into our body too.

I have always thought guys going to NS is better..men are toughier when they go out into the workforce.my husband went NS also but he says it's a waste..anyway,no matter what my kid will take Singapore citizenship when turn 18.who wants to be taiwanese?!!haha...luckily my husband not looking at the website..

Qiuen,I think dye is even more harmful bah..my hairdresser dun even wan to perm for me!!!he says wait till I give birth!?! Lol

I m so amazed at mummies who can managed 2 or more kids themselves..I have a gf who wants 6!! She just had her 3rd one.gonna try for her 4 th soon..

Mummies, For NT measurement the smaller the fig the better isit?

hi mummies, just back to work today and sneak in to read your posts...

Wow some already know gender liao... that's early i think...as long healthy baby i'm more than happy lah... hubby hopes for girl... anyway it's his sperm that decide mah...

wow nice booties Altariel, yr hubby got good baby taste... my hubby will only buy white colour for everything...

qiuen, dun mind help me to update I'm at Jurong West too...

Jurong mummies, my mum is at JW st 64 and i'm at jalan bahar area...

qiuen, my hairdresser just cut my hair, i love my short hair n dun allow me to colour or rebond or whatever to my hair lor... so now i only do facial n pedicure...

Ann, hihi. i at st 61 so abit further away. eleen will b nearer to u

gals, just now i had ichiban salad with raw sashimi... oops... hee hee...

and until i have not told my boss about my pregnancy, funny... this time round i can't seem to find the right occasion to announce leh...

ann, yup is there. I go to kimage too. which hairstylish u used? I using Terence.

Ann, sally is new. Terence is also leading. but hor coz i use him since long ago when he was still not leading.

Rata, oic... yes, i used to have Eileen to do my hair then she fly to Canada liao... then I switch to Sally... think i going back there maybe next week to have haircut cos my short hair looks a little messy liao...

ann, oh yes eileen shift to canada dunno wif her hubby or bf

Rata, i think she went with her family, cos she is single single leh... or maybe i din know she got bf lah... hee hee... my beautician also fly to Australia with brother to manage hotel... so i also got new beautician...

Hi everyone! Have been reading this board on and off and would like to officially join you all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi quien, could you update my info? Thanks a lot!

Nick: Delfine

Name: Delfine

EDD: 2Jun

Gynae: TBC

Hospital: TBC

BB no: 2

Boy/Girl: No preference

E'leen and JJ,

How do the both of you cope with the pregnancy and young babies? I have a 15 month old and sometimes it's quite taxing! JJ.. 3 kids! A lot of logistics or?

Chil,

Hi! Are the terrible 2s really terrible? So not looking forward to it!

Altariel,

Very nice socks and booties! Very cute! Think your husband wants the baby to like mummy more [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Clare,

My Taiwanese friend was lamenting about being Taiwanese.. in her words.. very ke3 lian2.. like wu2 jia1 ke3 gui1. So it's true? Sg NS is really quite long. A lot of countries are scraping that off or shortening it.. who knows what will happen in 18 years? Fingers crossed! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Claire,

If you get dual citizenship for your boy, isn't it complicated when you have to renounce one later? Especially the Singapore one? I'm also thinking about this but right now I haven't applied for the sg citizenship or PR for my son. Would be great if sg allowed dual citizenship. Agree with you, NS is just part of the deal if you want to be singaporean.

Hi Delfine,Congrates!n Welcome!

haha..Actually I think Taiwanese people are patriotic in a way lah,they are proud of their culture n rights.but they have a messy political position bah..my husband still wants to be a taiwanese even if he has the chance to be a singaporean citizen..lol

I think singapore will not scrap off NS,coz' we have not enough people.

I also plan to apply for dual citizenship for my kid till 18 leh..It is easier to move ard from taiwan n Singapore,coz I will go back to singapore to work while my husband will be in taiwan lor..lol

Hanis,I m staying in the east,well,my singapore home in the east lah,simei..

Delfine > actually with the current rules, i foresee it's impossible to renounce Singapore citizen if mine is a boy. My own country, no problem of renouncing as they do not have NS and you are automatically renouncing your citizen once you do NS for another country (in this case, Singapore) Since the boy is born and raised in Singapore, most likely 99.99% he will choose to be Singaporean. But I apply dual citizenship because it's his / her birth right AND who knows in the future Singapore allow dual citizenship? Slim chance though :p

I also agree with Clare most likely Singapore will not scrap off NS, but I believe they will make it more attractive (e.g. extra payout, etc)

Clare > Wow, another east people! I'm at Bedok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Today I bought some Korean DVDs to kill time during my rest period lol was talking to my relative, it seems like MC getting more and more common. Everyone need to take care ya? And if bleeding, no matter how little, please see your gynae just to be safe.

Morning ladies!

Claire,we are the eastern mummies..

Yah,how are u?rest well,watch comedy drama serials n be a happy mummy ah..like that bb will be a happy one.

Woken up by the freaking cold this morning!this winter is driving me crazy!I hate winter a lot..snowing has started everywhere.I m really not looking forward to start work at this

time in london next year..haiz..( sorry for the grumbling start in the morning)

I miss the sun in Singapore...

Eilomummy,hope ur rashes go away soon.

hi mommies & daddies

please do cast a vote for my little girl if you have a minute.

thank you so much for your kindest support

she is on page 1, Rice Lauren Xinru, 3 years old

to help vote please click here - http://www.lokimedia.com.my/gapcastingcall/

then choose "Singapore"

thank you once again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Delfine

3 kids, haha! so far i don see any logistics now, wait till i deliver, keke!

Delfine, i don't look forward to terrible twos seriously, already suffered once and waiting for my gal to turn 2 in 1yr plus time.

Morning mummies,

Delfine, I got help from hubby, he took over all the night feeds after knowing that I'm preggy. My mum will drop by to help out from time to time. I've been thinking about getting domestic help but worried about having a stranger living with us...

JJ, i really pei fu u! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

createjoy, tempting, maybe during lunch i go grab...

ytd had a nice fish head curry at mil's place, whoohoo, first time nvr throw out after dinner, usually i will merlion after taking dinner as i still cant take the rice even though i had half spoonful of it. guess bb like curry keke!!

E'leen, ur gal still on nite feed? how many time she wake up for nite feed?

I also don like to have stranger staying with us but have agreement with hb that once our kids going k2 or P1, we will get a maid as right now we are not comfortable maid taking care of the kids when they cant really express or speak well, we wont know what the maid will do behind us, ok i'm just being paranoid but after hearing lotsa of horrible stories from frds and relatives, think i will just to exercise some caution by not getting maid now.

Hey JJ, me too! Hmmm i rather bear with a messy house then to have a stranger to stay in. Likewise, I've also heard horrible stories, and it is not about whether u treat the maid well or not.

raynsky, ya, getting a good maid is heng or suay lor, if suay suay, get the monster maid, you have tonnes of headaches!!

JJ, my girl will fuss for milk about once/twice in the night...

Maid - For me, its more of privacy & trust issue. Childcare wise, my mil will still look after my girl in the day & we will take over in the evening. The maid is the extra pair of hands when we need loh. Esp with 1 more coming, not sure if mil can cope in the day all alone. Paranoid with all the stories, the agents these days are so pushy, they dun match the maid to your needs anymore...

E'leen, oic. my #1 already in cc and #2 is being cared by mil and next yr we'll be sending #2 to cc as well, for #3 we're still not sure how's the arrangement yet and mil seem to want to take a break from caring of the bb, so it's either my mum (she already hands off caring for my sis' kids as they are already in cc) or ifc as my kid's cc offer me a place in ifc to consider. I don mind ifc cos the teachers there very nice and prof.

JJ, I intend to put mine in cc once she is 18mths, but there is still about 6mths after my edd that we will have both babies at home. ifc at my place is very full with long waiting list...

Rhyane:

So irriating to keep seeing her post asking for vote.

eleen, our area not onli ifc even cc also long wait list de. Which cc u aiming?

E'leen and Ratatouille, ya nowadays parents very ks early early book ifc and cc liao hehe! I'm lucky that cos my 2 kids be in same cc, so the cc give me the priority for my bb to be in the same centre, don have to headache to search for ifc.

my area also very cham, almost all cc and ifc are long long list.

Ya ratatouille, tat rhyane very irritating! shld report her to the moderator!!! if can win mean can win liao, y spam all over the forum here?

MORning mummies.....

is midweek ... hahaha

lookin for long weekend lor....

clare: thanks u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

rata, there is 1 at my void deck, just expanded to 3 centres. my mum agreed to help me on days that i cant pick up if its there. the other 1 is safra jurong, but due to overwhelming responses, the staff there are getting more & more attitude! the 1 at jurong point got 100ppl on waiting list...

JJ, govt gotta allow more cc set-ups, everywhere also waiting list...

E'leen, ya lor, they should, i saw my first skool is getting more and more of their new centres set up, scary!! And cherie hearts - they are smart to set up new cc in industrial area.

was trying to catch up with the posts then thot i read the rhyane post before, alamak, so she post a second time !!!

sending to childcare is so traumatic, i am going through that process now, hope i can pull through this period... i am also thinking of getting domestic help...

e'leen, i also queueing at the one near you but not open yet right ? the one at safra jurong can forget it... the one at jurong point also cannot make it in terms of hygiene...

yes, all cc have long queue...

Back