(2011/06) June 2011

clare & syrah, thank you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

leikela, my gynae did't let me do blood test lei, maybe he don't see the need.

hi all,

my god so many posts to read up on... have been MIA for so long..

so happy to see so many new MTBs here in the thread.. welcome and congrats..

i shall not say that MS for me to totally gone but slowly subsiding.. thank god.. gone back to work half days till this month after announcing discussing with my boss.. after a week my gynae confirm my pregnancy already told my boss and co teachers as i m working in a preschool environment this is so that i can be given 'light' duties.. and thankfully my boss and co teachers are so supportive that i am only to do teaching and admin work.. not allowed to carry the toddlers at all..

on holiday, i am heading out to seoul this december.. and have been cleared by the gynae to go as long as i do not strain myself.. and worse of all is my hubby is unable to make the holiday as he is being send to tokyo for work that period.. only my girl and in laws are going to go and enjoy..

piscean,

yeah possibly..no blood test also better..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

all the best..update yah..

I m not sure abt it

Is depend on how many room u staying n ur doc charges

For my first one

Cash less than 1k then medisave claim abt 2.6k

bb_jo21,

for Hospital Bill, Normal delivery medisave can claim upto 1.8k , C-Sect can claim upto 3.5k if I remember correctly.

For the total bills is depend on the days you stay and the additional expenses like Epidural.

I only pay CASH of 200++ for normal delivery without epidural for 4 beded room in Mt A.

Eliomummy & CY, thks for the information. I'm with NUH n was told that the total bill size for natural delivery with epidural, 1 bedded will come to abt $5k. 2.6k medi n 2.4k cash. Think very steep especially when its a govt restructured hosp. What do u think?

I hv no option but to choose the 1 bedded as my gynae is under the 'pte' range. So thinking if i shd swap gynae since i'm still early in my pregnancy.

Syrah, I'm excited for the trip, but yet also anxious and worried. Hubby changed a lot of the programme since it's Free and Easy. Hope I'm stable by then....

Those who are travelling, do take care...dun walk too much...enjoy the holiday and relax before bb comes...

Hi all mummies,

It's been a few days that I have not post here because I am so sick with ms. It's now 4 am in the morning, as usual I can't sleep after 3 am and I have just finish my 10th vomiting for the day.

I felt so lousy because of the ms and I almost got admitted to hospital today because dehydration and my urine color is so dark like tea. Doctor ask me to force myself to drink at least water if I can't eat, otherwise I have to go for drip.

Although dr has given me 1 week mc but I am worried how my boss and colleague would look at it.

Any mummies here who is having such a bad ms like me, I would like to know how you manage to pull through. Very sad.....

Hi Matahari,

Hang in there!

I know it is tough....tis is my 3rd pregnancy.

Sad but true, all 3, my MS is as bad as yours but lucky enuff it ended right after 1st trimester (fingers crossed for tis round).

I m 8 wks now.

You can pull thru by not tinking abt it.

Any window period of feel good moments, enjoy it.

As for food, I eat watever makes me feel good.

Currently, it's junk food.

During the whole of my 2nd pregnancy (1st trimester), I can only drink iced oolong tea.

BB is fine & healthy.

Tis is your 1st BB?

If it's your 1st BB, it's not too bad.

Slp as much as you can during the day or watch TV to take ur mind off.

I nd to care for my 2 older one (4 yrs & 16 mths). Very tiring, so I kinda KO easily at nite.

Keep reminding urself it will end and stay positive.

If you cant drink water, try ginger ale or pierrier. it helps with my 1st.

Last nite, I merlioned till gastric.

Got my hb to grab me a burger. Chomp down half of it, went to merlion and felt much better [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

Cant keep up with this thread but from time to time, I pop in to lift my spirits.

EDD: 22nd June.

Hospital : RH.

Hi matahari, your ms sounds rly jialat. R u not drinking becuz it feels terrible to drink or becuz u can't keep the water in?

Have u tried juices? Also drinks like pocari sweat or gatorade.. Those help to rehydrate u.

Also doc can give u hydration salts/powder tat u mix w water to drink.

wat your doc say is true, u have to try to drink, cus the baby's amniotic fluid depends on our water intake. And taking insuff water makes our body swell w water retention (cuz the body is fooled into thinking it needs to reserve water)

Also causes constipation which ends up in piles.

I hate drinking water too cuz it sits v uncomfortably n I tend to puke it out. Some mummies feel tat hot drinks work. For me I like warm honey water w a slice of lemon. Try n experiment to see wat works. Don't give up!

mbb2, u drank a lot of iced oolong tea for your 2nd preg? cos the doc told me try not to drink tea cos it has quite a bit of caffeine, and to even avoid chocolate cos that has caffeine too.. avoid chocolate! might as well die [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Matahari, I think no need to pantang so much when you are having MS. FOr me, I drank whatever I could stomache. OJ, sparkling H2O drinks, pocari sweat, fruit juices, ribena drink,cos I was severely dehyrdated and constipated too. It was quite bad, lost a lot of weight. Sometimes, in order to keep the food in, I drink 7-up or sprite, so I dun vomit out too much. But that is only once in a while.

Doc says get as much food/water in our bodies as we can, so if OJ works, drink OJ. once out of 1st tri, hopefully it subsides, then can be a bit more cautious with diet.

Now, thank God, my MS is subsiding. It only triggers when I smell food being cooked, eat oily food, drink soups, eat steamed food and anything with garlic, oyster sauce or sesame oil. Once I know what triggers it, I stay away.

Quien, men are different from us. I have to explicitly tell him I want attention and focus from him, then he will really listen. If I just whine or complain my ailments when he's doing sthg, confirm never go in brain one...Haha..

Oh ya matahari, if you are vomitting more than 6 times a day, get yourself warded and put on drip. You are dehydrated..For me, my gynae gave me an injection to help with vomitting but I didn't want to be warded.

She gave me a list of food/drink to help me re-hydrate myself.

-pocari sweat

-ribena water

-plain crackers or plain toast (any dry food helps to soak up saliva that might cause you to gag)

- banana, half in the morning and the other half about an hour later (it soaks up the gas that builds up due to no food in stomach, this can also cause gagging)

-sometimes, i eat a few scoopps of plain rice

After 2 weeks of misery, slowly i gained energy and drank more water. Now I drink AJ in the mornng, munch on wheatables and eat lots of fruits. Also i started to drink milk...It will get better...MS peaks between week 8 - 11..

Just remember not to let tummy empty, but keep it half full.

Usually, that's a rough guideline..But i didn't cos by the time I saw gynae, it was like 3 pm. If warded, they still count as one day. Ididn;t want to waste it, cos the injection helped me in my vomitting. It depends on individual. Cos even if we dun eat so much, bb will still grow. It's more of for the mummy's overall health and well-being..

Morning everyone! Wow, the posts here are really moving real quick!

Has anyone gone/opted for their screening tests yet? My gf did it and for the baby to be in the correct position to do the ultrasound scan, she had to wait for a few hours, and with a full bladder! I sure hope my bb gets into position asap, when my turn comes next Monday. It's my dating annivesary with my hb, don't wish to spend the whole time at the clinic!

Morning mummies, my ms lately oso seems to be getting worse. Whole day feel lousy n can barely eat or drink. Vomiting frequencies oso increased to 4-5 times a day. Eat more = merlion more. haiz dunno wat to do. now down by 6kg already.

Hanis: didnt managed to get hub to read the book, but at least he downloaded the app into his iphone. cant ask too much. haha

Finally found a ques to ask gynae on my next trip. She wondering why i had so few ques. heee

Read the report in Mind your body today regarding Diabetes during pregnancy. My dad is slight diabetic so I better check with gynae if i should be worried about it.

Feeling tired today. Didnt sleep well. Had a cold and hot sleep.

Qiuen, haha...at least he did...Mine only download games..haha..

I decided not to go for the OSCAR scan...mum and hubby say no need..it's ok, hope for the best..

BB_jo, dun worry, hopefully it'll get better. I now can only eat Indian food. Curries, briyani, thosai..cannot stomach bland food or even Malay food. Haha...I better be careful, later 2nd tri..i dun wanna get heartburn..

bb_jo21,

Wow.. normal delivery with epi cost about 5k, maybe bcoz of 1 beded. you gynae only in NUH? i think normally they hv few hospital to choose.

NUH should be cheaper right??

I heard from my friend that Thomson also quite reasonable.. and normally will be upgraded to 2 bedded from 4 beded.

Eliomummy, both my 2 bb is without epi.. luckyly is fast to deliver.. :p

Qiuen > i was asked abt diabetes in the family during my first visit to the gynae. my dad has diabetes. it's a risk for us, however it's another form of diabetes (gestational).

Anyone knows how can I add my details to the list i see above? Does someone oversee it?

Wah...hehe really envy those mummies going on holidays. I oso 1 2 go. Haha...but now i still under house arrest so cannot go.

Hanis, thk u for ur encouragement. I sure hope it'll get better after the 1st trimester. Now i just simply hv a love hate r/s with food loh. ahha

CY, yah loh, my friend at glen E only came up with a few hundred cash only loh. Dunno y NUH i hv to come up with 2k plus. Think its more than double le loh.

Hi mummies, sorry to intrude.

For first time mummies who may be at a loss on how to handle BB, breastfeeding, I have a few reference books from TMC which would be useful.

Pl take a look and PM me if u are interested. Tks.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4727673.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4727674.jpg]

more details here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/106475403946613094721/BrandNewBabyItemsForSale#5535979260801274930

wah wah the list is getting longer ..hehe..i tink alot ppl gave birth in june.. i gt one fren and coll also june mummies..hehe..

we gg to pass our first trimester soon..we all must jia you and worry less.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/proud.gif]

Ladies..

Hi all.. just wanted to wave to evrybody.

bak from office so tired.... always zzzzz and my nipples are PAINFUL ..

we should all move fast to 2nd trimester...

Hanis n starry,wow!enjoy ur holidays!I think the only prob with going on holiday is keep looking for toilets since we are preggies now.

Speaking of the devil,I thought my ms subsided..haha..came back today again.but still I manage to eat lots..haiz.I guess nothing can stop me from eating.

Talking abt preg diabetes,if u realize that ur eyesight isn't as good especially after a meal,e.g like black spots /floaters ,this is one of the signs of preg diabetes. My husband was reading a mummy's guide book given to me.totally not bothered to read coz all the Chinese,I don't understand the terms.

Eilomummy,should go see ur gyne just to check.

Eliomummy, i oso spot brown discharge. My gynae ordered bedrest for me. I've been give twice wkly proluton jab n on duphaston tabs. Is it alot? If getting more with bad cramps better inform ur gynae.

bb_Jo,

Oh no... Your spotting is still quite bad? That's a lot of jabs. In fact proluton is a long lasting jab which shouldn't be req that often. My doc didn't want to give me another jab surprisingly. He said my spotting will go off on its own as the scan shows the babies doing well. Unless things worsen, I won't ask for another jab.

Eliomummy,

Make sure u get enough bedrest now. Staying horizontal helps a lot. Are u on any med now? For first time slight spotting your gynae prob won't give u jab first. Will just prescribe duphaston to consume. Meanwhile get more rest k.

Hanis,

I've also opted not to go for any screening test. Esp since it's twins we don't want to be in a position to have to make a choice between the two. So hb n I decided to just accept whatever god has given us. Btw I also love curry, briyani now! The spicy food really gets me going.

Hi ladies...I just had egg prata with lots of fish curry....mmmm..tmw having thosai for dinner...And I had briyani for lunch! My mum was like, where is that Indian vibe coming from????? Hahaha..

Have a good rest mummies!

Hello mummies!

Wah so many new May mummies added to the list! ^^ Ive finally passed that scary first trimester (15 weeks) and sad to say, my nauseousness didnt get any better! I feel like crying.

Im also finally starting to show alittle but still can hide hide here & there. heh.

Hanis,

U are gg Japan in Dec! Omg i love Japan! Was there last mth. Rem to wear warm clothes and if you do go to the Gotemba factory outlets, u can buy baby GAP stuff there. I got at least half a dozen rompers. Cheap!

^moon^,

I went for the screening test already! My appt was v early, 8.30am so my baby refused to budge from his position. Still sleeping. Lol. So the sonographer asked me to go down and take some sugary breakfast and walk around abit & hopefully baby moves to a more ideal position. I took my second screening around 10am, took blood test and went home after that. So maybe it would be good to have some food before you go. =)

belle, when u go for the screening, if you eat before you take blood test, would it affect the results?

can someone pls help me change the details of the doc in the list? my doc is Dr Chew Shing Chai. think there is a typo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks!

Ashley > Yr gynae's Dr Chan! Think she's known for her excellent stitching skills. She was my initial choice, as my bestie is seeing her & a few of my gfs were with her too. The nurse who picked up my hb's call asked for my date of last menses, and somehow my EDD was calculated to be in May, and alas! She's full for the month of May. So I had to opt for another gynae at TMC. I find the expenses quite high, haiz, so far the 2 visits cost abt $150 each time.

Does yr gynae offer 3D scans & a pre-natal package?

altariel,

Nope it wont affect the scan/blood test. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] U are suppose to hold your bladder in though, and i drank so much water before that i felt like i was gonna pee on the floor immediately after the scan!

^moon^,

Yeah, Dr Chan doesnt take in alot of patients i think, thats why the waiting time is always quite punctual. There are alot of good gynaes around though! =) So just leave your bb in the good hands of your gynae! Gynae visits are always very ex, and somemore its always cash, no paying by credit cards. No choice. Sigh. I havnt took up the package yet, but probably on my next visit because ill prob be 16-17 weeks then and it makes more economical sense to take it up. Not sure how much it cost though =(

Abt spotting : I did ask abt 3gynes(was abit worried abt my situation back then).It is not norm to spot or bleed for a stable pregnancy.BUT it has become a norm for alot of preggies to spot thus spotting has become more "acceptable" unless of course it is of large amounts~almost like your period kind ( then it is NOT NOT norm at all)

In alot countries like Aus n New Zealand,the gynes will not give jabs n hormone pills to stablize ur pregnancy,coz' they believe the fittest will survive.

Here,in Asia,they believe to keep the bb in whatever way they can especially when hb is found.

bb_jo21,I think if u are not spotting anymore,then don't have to take the jabs bah..u can ask ur gyne. usually when I bleed(it seems mine is always fresh colour kind),doc will just give me medication for 3 days n just one jab(that lasts for 3 days/7days).if my condition improve,then I stop the medication.

Hanis,I think ur little one likes spicy food! lol mine too..I had thai food for lunch!

I m not working,but I m up soo early.thanks to my hub..(coz' he has report for work at 6am)

Mtb,wana ask if do any of u get emo easily?I think I have been coop up in the house for too long(with no cable tv!) I was crying n getting upset the whole morning yesterday coz' my husband didn't give me a morning kiss!~~ (I realised I was over-reacting after that)my poor hub...he was not feeling well and still have to handle me,a "over-reactive" emo wife..

few days nvr log in here, welcome all the new mtbs!!

I just weigh myself last evening, i lost 3-4kg in a week!! thanks to my ms, arughhh!!

Dear MTBs,

I was down with bad cough/flu and was bed ridden for the past few days. Finally came back to office this morning.

Also, I've been to my 2nd appt and this time I could see my bb's hb and bb was measured 7mm big. What a relieve!! However, I was also told that my EDD is changed to 7 July 2011. I suppose I should exit this tread and join the July rabbits instead. I will pop by once in awhile to see how everyone's doing.

Last but not least, I wish everyone well and a smooth delivery ahead. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

good morning mtbs! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Congrats to all new mummies and hope all mummies are doing well and coping well..

I have been MIA due to fainting spells and headaches and bad MS... today, much better.. hope it stays that way...

I do hope to give all mummies leave for the 9 mths and 4 mths thereafter... LOLZ.. sigh.. but pity, we all still have to work.... :p

i'm still patiently waiting for my 2nd appt.. hope all is well for all mummies.. i hope my gynae doesn't disappoint me during the 2nd appt... and i do hope to see a healthy growing bb!

Back