(2011/05) May 2011

Hi Mummies,

Anyone needs GINGER?

My dad has lobang...

$12 a box - 4kg...

No loose purchase.. only by boxes....

I used 1.5boxes during my confinement la... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

If anyone keen, please PM ME... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: near term + bb no movement

mummies, u might really wanna consult ur gynae. my no1, i oso feel lesser movement n when tell gynae tat, he check and fixed 2 days later for me go hospital to take bb out. he say tat safer for bb....

Sh and newtoitall: ya, will be monitoring tonight, maybe head to gynae Tomoro morning.. I was angry with my kids jus now, and was fuming.. This caused Bb to move and swift alittle.. Hurhurr. Too massive emotions. Ops..

Let's see was gynae says Tomoro. Think I'll ask him check dilation Tomoro as well.

By the way, can we be friends over at fb too? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] how should we go about the list?

Apple ya toying with the idea if i want to change to 4 bedder cos more spacious mah. Hehe ok i will reconsider.

I had a birthplan for no. 1 but think i will go with the flow for #2. Cos gone thru once so kinda know wat to exPect n will inform nuse n doc if i have any request.

I still thinking if i should order for 2 weeks for confinement food. 1st week 2 meals n 2nd week 1 meal. My mum say wanna cook for me for 1 week so rhinking of dropping 2nd week wat do u all think?

CloudPoem - U can PM us your FB a/c, we will add u in.

starfruit - maybe am particular :p I actually don't like the idea of sharing toilet. I think 2 bedded is good, 4 will be over-crowded bah, my opinion la

Actually I have 4 bedded for my no1 and no2 the first round I was very luck the whole 4 bedded room only 2 bed occupied which is me and another mummy one at each end so quite peaceful.. 2nd birth 3 bed were taken out of the 4 bed I think 4 bedded not that bad but mostly depend on luck.. But this time I told hubby I diedie will take 2 bedded will only have 1 chance of getting a bad neighbor

Maybe can't deliver at mt a le just now went for my normal gynae check he told me if bb come out before may den ask me go kkh hopefully bb come out in may as planned if not will deliver at kkh... Anyway Val u know roughly how much is prof tee charges for csect? Hubby and I tot if deliver at kkh we'll opt for 1 bedded cuZ they dun have 2 bedded

I told my gynae I still having contraction which causes backache despite the medication den he warn me abt the woe rupture again and keep advising me to go kkh if I have frequent contraction so I now worried again cuz the pain is getting worst lately.. Anyway I'll be seeing kkh gynae this Thursday see what he said

Spilt: but did ur gynae scan anything wrong? Y suddenly say womb rupture? Scary leh. How many weeks now? Seek a second opinion at kkh? Rest more and monitor ur contractions.

Rest rest rest.

split - I seriously no confident with your current gynae. If I were u, I'll go KKH to get the delivery done by Prof Tee. He has been giving u negative thought..maybe he has no confident in handling your case. Better don't take the risk under him especially u r going to be under the knife! Think twice..discuss with your hb.

Split; sounds like another gynae might be a better idea...

SH: glad u got ur 1 bedded finally, I think I w faint if somebody comes to my room middle of the night and was bleeding.... So scary..:

Today after dinner, I also felt my lower tummy being stretched and baby hardening, made me wonder if it's being too full, think I w eat less tmr...

Cloud cuz this is my 3rd child and I've got 2 csect b4 that's y chances of rupture is high.. To be honest hubby also want me change gynae but I feel more comfortable to deliver at mt a really prefer their service there and the food is much better dn in kkh.. I'm quite particular on food and water kkh food alway got a smell like medicine like that and my last 2 stays their pillows all got stain one like so dirty maybe cuz I stay class c that time ba

Split: I suggest u seek a second opinion.. My gynae delivers at mount a and he's an experience gynae.. If u wan, let me know.. I can give u his contacts.. His clinic is at Bishan.

Heard of c-sect womb rupture, but as doctors, they shouldn't scare us till ask us go kkh and admir. Hmmm. Have u pay for ur gynae package? Would u be paying double? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mount a is better, in a way... They are more humanly service and have sisters (nuns) to pray for us. It gives an heart warming feeling.

Cloud actually I'm already seeing another gynae prof tee from kkh.. Just that I already paid the package for my current gynae and his stitching is actually quite gd that's y was hoping can be delivered by him and stay at mt a if things goes smooth but every visit see him also make me feel so worried that bb will come out anytime like that

split,

hope everytime goes smoothly for u....

juz finish bf,

ask for a milo take so long....so hungry le....

had a great undisturb slp for 3-4 hrs before bf each time in my 1 bedded rm....i really knock out....nt light slp as i would hv if its 2 bedded.....shiok (without looking at the $ n cents of cos)!

re: hospital bag

good to put laptop in! i'm enjoying my lappy every moment....

MUST: really muz put a swim float in for natural birth! its my saviour. if nt will get sore at stitches area for sure!

apple,

agree with the toilet thing! depend on ur neighbour, u might hv to clean the toilet seat each time u use if ur neighbour doesnt clean up her mess! even its juz 1 or 2 drips....

Morning mummies, rise and shine! Have a great day ahead! :D

Split: do keep us updated. Since u seeking 2nd opinion from kkh doc, than go ahead. :D go with the peace of ur heart. Whether stiching good or bad is secondary, for me, the priority should go to baby and mummy health & safety...

Sh: great that u had a good night rest after the disturb incident.. Hmm, packing laptop abit hassle for me.. Shall stick to iPhone. Heeee.

Oh, any mummies know why mount a charge the BIG difference in single & double room? It's almost $1.4k difference! Hmmm.

By the way, I'm heading to gynae in a short while.. It's better to check it up on the decrease in movement.. Should I check for dilation? I should be in 37+2 or 38+2 days. Advise mummy?

Good mornining..

cloudpeom.. check better so can be more an xin..

split, i also scare to stay alone.. but i even more scare if in double room but no neighbour.,. haha.. me imagination will run... when i had my no. 1.. i alway reques to have my bb by my side to "zhuang dan" haha..

dates and longan tea..

last nite i go buy all the ingredient liao.. but question.. do we have to soak the dates or remove the seed first.. or just wash and throw in to boil? the longan, dan sheng and wolfberry leh.. need to wash or soak? haha..

blurlemon,

u can buy those no seeds type for red dates....not sure if need remove seeds ma but heard the hock hua pple telling my mom need, so better buy those seed removed type.

i juz wash the ingredients a few rinse & throw in to slow cook, no need soak.....find that slow cook taste is nicer than over stove.

Sh, i buy the big packet of dates liao leh.. nvm if need i slowly open up 1 by one lor.. i also intend to throw into slow cooker to boil.. can we put in at nite then next morning can drink?

do we need to transfer the tea to thermal flask or can just leave it in the slow cooker (with power on) and scoope out as and when we wan to drink..

Morning mummies,

blurlemon, forget to tell u, u can get pitted red dates, i.e. with the seeds remove. Can get from all the medical hall, then u dun have to take out the seeds one by one. u wanna go back to the medical hall and get one pack, it will be so much easier.

If not, u have to soak a while, let it softenm then cut in half and remove the seeds.

According to the old folks, need to take out the seeds as the red date seeds are very heaty.

really safe u a lot of trouble. u keep this seeded pack for other used lah.

after cooking, u can take out and store in thermos flask and drink throughout the day, so save electricity.

morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

red dates: accordingly to the medical hall staff, the dates with the seeds inside are heathy and no seeds are "cool".

auroa, u just reminded me, i have not call stemcard leh.. sigh, so forgetful nowadays.

check with u again, no further discount for repeat customer?

starfruit, as we r repeated customers, they will give us $50 rebate for no1 and no2. The $50 rebate will take effectively for no2 from year 2 onwards as yr 1 is FOC and no1 is next year bill. Even my gynae also this price too.

Good morning..it is gonna be a real hot day today!!

Sh - I will get my hb to lug along my lappy or ipad..it will be my company at nite @ the hospital if I can't sleep well.

blurlemon - if the medical hall u bought ur stuffs is close by, just bring down and exchange the red dates to those seedless type. As for black dates, no need to remove seed. It is kind like balance like the "cool and warm" effect of various type of dates. U can boil using slow cooker, but transfer them into thermal flask next morning. If stays in the slow cooker, the water will get lesser if still boiling & also waste of electricity.

For dan sheng u gotta soak for awhile then brush clean, wolfberries & longan just rinse will do.

morning ladies.

xuanmin,

dun worry abt the hosp bill coz part of it can be deduced from medisave, most impt is the health of u and ur baby =) jia you and keep us updated ya =)

a rough guide. 3yrs back when i delivered at KKH, i stayed 1 week with my boy too and I took A1 ward. total bill abt $5000++ which i paid in cash $1.7k upfront when i book the hosp. 3yrs dwn the rd i am sure the bill wld have gone up la.

angie,

hahahaha. will have strength to push la, tell urself, U HAVE TO DO IT. hahaha.

I will deliver at KKH, so they will ask us to change into the their gown once we step into the delivery ward. i think better to wear their gown la. more "equip" for the process =P

split,

wat a horrifying exp u had. if me, i wld have freak out immediately!

cloudpoem,

go n see ur gynae to chk on ur baby, just to be sure.

if ur gynae nv say to chk on dilation better dun as u dun wanna disturb the cervix??

ladies,

if u all dun mind, mayb i can consolidate n compile a list for the may mummies and distribute to all? info like: name, nick, email addr, contact num??? i am clueless who is who except for a few mummies. hahaha.

split,

sorry i am nt sure hw much Prof Tee charges for csect le. But i paid $2000+ for the hosp package for natural birth, 1 bedded. so i think c-sect add another few hundreds to 1 thousand++?

hmm..why ur initial gynae keep asking u to go to another gynae??

ya, i agree the food at KKH is nt tat fanastic. my #1's recent stay at KKH we also give bad feedback on the food. =P

sh,

great u finally had a gd nite rest =)

Val, sure.. thx so much.. i PM u my FB name and email.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

blurlemon: u haven book the hosp? My gynae also woody, he asked me to book at my 30th week le...must faster book, if not too late.

Val: Haa ya lo...just very nervous about the process. I very kuazhang...jus had sausage macmuffin with egg+filet for breakfast. Now so full...but so yummy!

Val, thanks for the help in consolidating! Have sent u a pm. :D

I'm now at gynae. Schedule to check cervix dilation is Tomoro.. Frankly, I'm 50-50 wanna check. Still wanna sleep in more, but on the other hand, wanna pop so that I dun feel the aches. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Oh by the way, any mummy doing contraceptive after delivery? I dun plan to have anymore.. Cannot afford liao. Lol

sunflower, think your gynae should be able to advise. From what I read and my gynae did mention, if strep B found in urine, then must take antibiotics immediately. If only found in swab then can just take drip when admitted in hospital. Am still waiting for my results - tested only yesterday.

angie, how come me till 36wks still no news on hotel yet.. did he do strep B on u? next monday going to see him.. then ask abt it.. u going for TMC or mt A?

@newtoitall: i did the swab last friday and was told today positive. Nurse said to take antibotics asap which i was quite surprise cos i tout the antibiotics is only taken during delivery. sigh. =/

blurlemon, Cloudpoem, apple

rec ur PM. now i can finally match faces to nicks for some of u. hehehe.

angie,

waH! wat a satisfying bfast u had. i am craving for pancakes! hehehe.

cloudpoem,

i wldnt be doing any contraceptive...altho my hb dun wanna have 3rd one..but secretly i am hoping will have accident! whahahah!

Hi Mummies,

It has been quite a while.

Congrats Sh...! Who else given birth liao? Me now counting down also. now in week 37. I experienced contractions since last week but not very frequent and gynea says her head not very down yet so have to wait. And little Cassie's weight still not enuff. last week only measured at 2.1kg. Gynea says muz at least 2.2kg if not the hospital side will not release her when i discharged. So, in order to pumpup her weight, i went for Goodwood park English high tea yesterday. So yummy! hope she can immediately hit at least 2.5kg.

Mt A vs TMC:

Hmm.... I still prefer Mt A. My fens who stayed in TMC always got lots of complaints. So glad my gynea dun deliver in TMC. REally had a very warm and good experience 2 yrs back when i delivered my #1 there. The nurses r very warm.

Actually, we can loan the breastpump from hospital. I rem Mt A charged $25 per pump per stay. TMC charged $25 per day as told by my frens. Now i m not sure abt the charges. Maybe Sh... can help us to ask?

Is all of u on maternity leave already? I m still working and enjoying my work every moment. Hope bb dun come so soon as i need to work. I dun mind work till i give birth as i will be very bored at home.

Blurlemon: I think he might have forgotten le....cos it is the nurse who register for me...he didn't mention anything abt strep b le...

Cloud: ya this gynae quite laid back, but I heard book early also dun guarantee got the room of your choice...

Val: haa ya too satisfying...I have just pmed you too...just realize I m not in the may mothers fb contacts too.

sunflower, I also read that if taken during labour, must take for a certain time before delivery.. and even so, it's not 100%. So maybe your doc is just playing safe here. In addition, if you are not 1st time mommy, chances of you delivering fast is higher too. So maybe he is afraid that not enough antibiotics in you when you deliver. If take antibiotics during delivery it's administered thru IV directly into vein. Think will be painful. Anyway, it wont harm even if start taking now.

Val: haa 3rd one? Very faraway thought for me.. I saw my friends with 4kids busy like crazy...screaming and shouting everyday...some more all boys. faint...

Penny: ya eat more! Pump more weight to your bb gal.

Re: contractions

I dun think I experience any thrughout my whole pregnancy, is that normal?

@newtoitall: ok thanx! its the first time for me so all these very new to me..heh ;)just very demoralised to hear this news as was told it is not very common.. only bout 15% mothers get? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

cloudpoem,

no contraceptive but don wish to hv no3 too. haha, hubby shd be the one practising self contraceptive....so far he's very coorperative....hee....

re: hotel booking

haha, mine was booked only at wk 36/37 wk i tell my gynae's clinic asst. i call mt a they say my gynae clinic's booking always comes very late one....

then on fri i'm suppose to check in, i only recd the pre admission letter on thurs in my postbox.

but mt a did say never mind de even no book, admission can be done on tat day itself.

angie,

wow all 4 boys, faint!

re:brest pump rental

will help to ask later.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

am checking out today wif bb! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: sanitary pads

mummies, as my fren recommend me for rd 1 pregnancy, i find it useful and recommend to u all....

i buy the sofy 41cm long nite sanitary pad! its long enuff to cover till our buttucks and really so far i didnt leak! which is unsightly.

also use that and change frequently so that the wound area is dry all the times. find the kotex maternity loop type is good for day 1-2 or 3 if lochia is heavy. after tat can start using sofy 41cm.

bought 1 pack 8pcs, $3.60 now at toapayoh those daily necessity shop....ntuc sell $3.95 but last few wks gt promo sells $3.45....

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope this helps.

sunflower0121,

don be upset, normally doc will say the worst case to keep us prepared for the worst news. this applies to bb juandice etc.....i had a big fright from my no1. so stay clam n pray for the best.

Sh: you can go back and bond with your bb already! Can't wait for my turn...haa u rem all the prices? I alrdy stocked up 2 packets long ago..think should be enough..

sunflower: it's very common - not uncommon! that's what I have been told by my doc. He is seeing like 45-50% of mommies and it can be self-developed at any time. So, don't think too much ok? Besides, it's just like any other infection - think sore throat - take antibiotics can already. =)

Val, thanks.i saw that kkh package is 2.4k plus for 1bedded csect was abt the same price as 2bedded in Mt.A..just wondering abt the gynae fee and how much can be deducted from cpf..the last round i stay mt a they allow us to deduct 3.2k for the hospital stay and i nly top up abt 1k plus cash for both me and bb..wondering how much cash i should prepare if i going to deliver at kkh and opting for either B1 or A..

Dont really like the idea of sharing room at kkh cuz the last round their shared toilet alway dirty and wet.and took them 1 full day to clear a choked in the basin full of vomit..i had to walk to another ward to borrow toilet becuz of that..

my gynae was saying is safer to deliver the bb out now since im experiencing contraction..he said he dunnu how thin my woe is from my 2 previous c-sect and if is very thin with just a little contraction it might breakk open..den he told us if deliver bb at mt a now the cost of nicu is much higher den kkh and am i prepare to pay the cost..1 week stay at nicu can cost almost 10k he said..

Back