(2011/05) May 2011

cloudpeom.. i think i will bring breastpump to hospital just in case bb cannot latch well.. can pump out for her.. but mine is manual one.. so very light..

i just wondered is it possible to request to bfeed the bb immediately after delivery.. cos like have to wait hours after the delivery then can bond with the bb...

morning ladies.

baobaolin,

preg women tend to be more sensitive to unhygiene food or shall i say immunity is lower? many a times, i observed from friends that only the preggie will have ls or even vomitting but nt the ppl who ate the same food.

anyway, hope u are better nw. if nt, do see a dr.

apple,

yup. my parents have already brought cordyceps..nw also looking at recipes to see what other soups to brew for him.

Sh,

congras once again =) nice weight for ur gal =)

hope u will get a 1 bedded soon. i just cant tahan inconsiderate neighbours and I wan privacy so i have signed for 1 bedded. hope the hosp dun run out of 1 bedded when i am there!

split,

ur tummyache better already mah? sore throat, drink more fluid and bird nest =)

cloudpoem,

for my #1, i did bring along my pump to the hosp.

this time rd, wldnt be bringing as my 2 hands are my best pumps ever =)

Sh, hope u get ur 1bedder soon...i tot mt a will change 2bedded to 1 bedded if got no 1 bedded and u opt for 1?

Val thanks, tummyache is almost every night when i on the bed can feel it..quite uncomfortable but gynae said is normal.

cloud i if my maid cry and complain to hubby i will ask hubby to change maid liao..i will feel oddward if she go to my huby and complain abt me..

apple ur maid nv give u black face u wake her up at 1am ah? if is mine she will give me black face the that..

Sorry to hijack your thread. I am from March mummies...

I have received 2 pcs of Latido 2 in 1 Baby Carrier and Rocker for my baby 1 month and would like to sell 1 away.

Item is as per below:

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5357731.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5357732.jpg]

Can be used as a rocker and a baby seat. Has a storage compartment at the back as well.

Would like to sell for $50...

Please PM me if you are keen.

Thanks!!

Afternoon mummies!

Sh:- congratz again on ur smooth delivery of ur lil princess.. Good weight! 6hrs considered fast wor!

Sh: congrats! If I m you I sure very sian to have such a neighbor, can complain to the nurse saying you are being disturbed so they can inform the other party? Is the epi after effects that bad? I was going to confirm use epi too...seeing your post makes me hesitate...

Val: haa so experienced ar you, I bet I can't express using my hands. But it is ok too not to bring the pump ya? I heard can loan from the hospital.

Cloud: I will change the maid if I am you, it is worse if she gives you trouble during confinement, even more headache...

Apple: deluxe room only $60-$70 more? I saw the price difference quite a lot from single n double on their website. But it seems like single always not available....sian I also booked single...hopefully no hiccups.

I took a nap and forgotten about my lunch!

Val - U can try apple, fig & almond soup. My gal luv this & it is lungs nourishing soup. 1 red apple cut into 6, 3-5 dried figs & 2 tablespoon of almonds, boil with lean pork or pork ribs.

split - She gave me blur look instead! This morning I asked her u dunno u never keep the food in the fridge? She said when I wake her she was dreaming, she thought already morning! Faint..

I told her even midnite I see things never do I will dig u up no matter what time whether u dream or not! haha

Sh - I thought 2 bedded room the tv is with earphone? How come they can on so loud?? Wah piang..I think if I were u I surely complaint until the nurse take action. Btw, mei is @ Mt A..if u gals can share a room maybe better..haha but I think she is discharged today.

Angie - Yes, during my gal's stay in PD ward, single bedded was full, so we were told to take single deluxe and the diff is like $60-70. I'm not sure maternity ward the same price or not

angie,

hahaha. out of 24mths i was bfeeding, 1mth on pump, 23mths with my hands =P

if me, i will bring my own still, coz loan frm hosp means other ppl used before and I am not comfortable with tat lo. i v ma fan ho? hehehe.

apple,

thanks for the recipe. will the almond smell be strong? my boy dun like almond lo.

and i have to make him eat and drink more..

Apple: ohh ic...i wonder how many single rooms they have...I always heard it is fully occupied for single room one...btw u got the china ginger? I heard some gingers are better for confinement than the others. Btw why must sun them? Talking abt lunch, I m hungry too.

Angie & split: I'm contemplating.. If I change now, than I'm due anytime... I would need to retrain and all.. Dunwanna add on the stress in having. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I also dun feel comfortable when she complain to hubby about me... Makes me think that I must 看her脸色.

Val: Haaaha, good one. Hands can be a manual pump too. But will pain leh. Tried that and Had cramps.. Haaaha.

Was jus monitoring, Bb movement seems to decrease quite abit. Should I get alarm? Not much kicking or tossing.

Val: haa so steady lo u...u dun even need pump...so good. Ya I also tot abt that, but I think just bring my own new tubing should be ok, if not really a lot of stuff to bring. Btw during delivery, there will be place for us to put our maternity bag? Am worried might be too flustered then n everything in a mess...soo anxious now that the time is drawing near....crazy thoughts running all over my mind...haa

Cloud later during ur confinement ur maid give pattern even worst if change now b4 bb come out at least during confinement u can concentrate fully on ur bb

Cloud: ya I agree with split...but really depends on luck sometimes...change might not confirm be better too, but I will take the risk if it is me. At least u can still choose the maid now and supervise her during your confinement. My bb too, usually super active too...ytd move v.little...dunno is it because I gei kiang....use bleach n scrub toilet....though I alrdy wear mask but dunno got affect bb or not.

blurlemon

She nt angmo leh.....not sure she is bathing inside or juz spray her V area for an hr! cos this morning heard her tell the nurse she no bath but she cant stand the V area no wash...... hahaha...but water sound running for an hr last nite.....power!

split,

hope u r better now? take care

angie,

don b scare by my post, after vomitting then feel so much better n can intake food. epi really helps me a lot during birth then there is no pain. if nt i sure scream like hell...

cloudpoem,

i think aft full mth juz change her.....if not more pattern to come.

re: breast pumps

i bought along but no use yet leh....somemore mt a tell me cant use the pump i bring myself cos nt sterilise and they don provide sterilise service unless u loan the pump from them. lactation nurse oso say after 1 wk then pump is ok, this 1 wk juz latch bb on.

now milk oso havent kick in yet.

apple,

nt sure who is mei leh....she use mei as her nick here?

re: 1 bedded

always full hse de. last min the nurse tell my hubby full n my hubby is those type ching chai one......so he smily tell nurse its ok and nurse like him so much this morning come tell me. haha....say gt rm sure queue me at no1. say my hubby so courtesy, others some who had scold her off.....

btw, i've changed rm already to 1 bedded. so peaceful.

re: mt a

i really strongly recommend this hospital. the feel after 2 yrs back is so close to heart. the nurses tat serve us rite from delivery rm to nursery wards are still those familiar faces and i have at least 2 nurses telling me i look familiar, izz gt come in before to deliver.

my gal was on total bf since birth n mayb nt much water intake, didnt pee. they hv a 24 hr guide tat bb muz at least poo n pee once. so a bit worrying but suddenly this lovely nurse came in n tell me jus to inform me she pee already. so sweet of her!

Sh: happy for u that u finally got a single room...! Ha ook...but the pain is really unimaginable for me now as it is my 1st bb...but my pain tolerance rather low...wow mt a sounds so good with your description...am glad I opt for mt a too...but u can be discharged tml already ya? Rest well! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Val - U go fu hua buy the bigger seeds almonds, I think they called "long2 xin1" aka dragon almonds. The taste is very mild compared to nan bei xin. And u try with 1 tablespoon first if u scare he doesn't like it. The soup is sweet after brew with slow flame for 2hrs. My gal can ask for this soup every other day!!

Angie - I bought M'sia ginger. Smaller size compared to China one, but I guess not much different la. Sun is for keepsake, otherwise rotten or mold easily. Once sun, no need to be in the fridge can last 4-6wks. My granny technique..so I just follow :p

Sh - mei is her nick [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] her bb boy 4.15kg! Amazing..bravo to her if she gone thru natural. Good to hear that u have shifted to 1 bedded room. Can rest and relax & bf bb fully with peace now.

Sh: have a good rest, now that u're in single room. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yup, agree on the mount a service. Went for CTG and felt really homely too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re:baby movement. Bb really decrease in movement. Should I see gynae?

SH: u r making me think otherwise of choosing a 2 bedder.

tummy feels so tight after lunch. n i still hv a donut waiting for me at my desk

CloudPoem,

Yes, hands also manual pump =) And more convenient coz only need to wash hands dun nd to tug another items along and sterilise =P

initially sure will feel the pain and cramps but once used to it, its nthing le. Coz hands work for me as it draws out more supply than pump so i use hands lo.

If aft u try to tap or wake baby over a period of time and even took sugarly stuffs yet not much movements, better to go see gynae just to be sure. be safe than sorry.

angie,

yes. hands express is gd coz dun nd to tug along a pump or do sterilising. hehehe.

if u ok with the loaned pump then its ok la, just bring ur own tubing.

during delivery, can put the bag in the room. there is space. else, if u drive, leave it in the car first then when u move to normal ward then bring it up?

hahaha. wat crazy thots do u have? frankly, i havent pack my hosp bag =X

Sh,

i also duno who is who in FB. only a few i know, the rest i duno who! hehehe.

great now u at 1 bedded, more peaceful and can rest better =)

gd news that ur gal pee already, u sure feel more relieved =)

apple,

ok. i pop by later to get =) thanks!

who is mei?? wah! 4.15kg is huge!

ash,

i brought along my laptop to hosp. easier to surf from laptop than phone le. typing on laptop faster than on phone. hehehe.

But i didnt pack it in my hosp bag la. My hb grabbed it for me from hm.

sh, congrats!!! really suay to get such annoying neighbour... if me, i sure complaint and when it's her turn to sleep, i will on the TV loud [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] luckily u got yr 1-bedded rm now.. rest well and hope u will be discharged soon w yr girl. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

btw, who is mei? dun really recall got mummy nickname by mei and bb at 4.15kg leh... think i might hve missed some post. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

bluremon, for breastfeeding, you can always request to breastfeed immediately after birth for bonding. or write a birth plan stating your wish. I immediately breastfeed in labour ward after delivery - nurse always give me time there plus help me latch on. Of coz unless there is a complication with bb and bb needs immediate monitoring u cannot do that.

Hi mummies, tks so much for all ur lovely and encouraging messages since Sunday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I am still warded in hospital cos AF is already at danger level below 5 at 3.5 now, half frm last Sat's 7.4 so must deliver bb by this Wednesday. Gynae says try to delay two more days since she is still moving and heartbeat is ok, only tt this time sure have to c-sec since she's only 36w and consider premature. He say placenta is not gd and bb is only 2.5kg, so trying to delay 2 more days to be more stable. Means I got to stay in hosp for one week till sat if gng to deliver on wed. Wonder how much is my bill gng to be.

re: 1 bedded

I am staying in 2-bedded now, maybe I am lucky, my neighbor is super quiet and considerate[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] she even ask me nicely if her frens come will disturb me or not. I say I'm ok,

and she and her hubby were very gentle and quiet, tv vol is totally low. Me also did the same and were v quiet. But when I deliver by tmr or wed, I will switch to 1-bedded as I need hubby to help me at nite after my c-sec for bf.

@Sh: I will be bringing my PISA to hospital cos I hear the LC explaining to my neighbor bed, the pump can stimulate early milk flow frm day 3 onwards cos bb may not be sucking hard enuff to get milk ss frm day 3. She was explaining to my neighbor and I happen to eavesdrop. The LC sounds so patient and gentle, hope I get the same LC too. Cos i'm gng TBF, so need the pump to get milk fast. They will cup feed or spoon feed bb with the expressed milk. I got hubby to wash and sterilize the prts and bottles 1st before bringing the pump to hosp.

Split: how's ur tummy ache now? U might want to let gynae one and ask him for advice.

Blur lemon

Yeap, keep her for now till confinement over. At least u hv an extra pair of hands ard to clear all the housework and u can get to rest enuff. Keep the maid issues after confinement when u hv got ur well-deserved rest.

Sh glad u got ur 1 bedded when discharging? I gotta agree that mt a service is gd even staying at 4 bedded they still provide the same service and the nurses are very patience too and very on time to bring u ur bb for bfing during my last 2 stay there

Thanks, xuanmin will be seeing gynae later will check with him on thT but I think most likely his answer will be the same.. Don't worry so much I think ur bb will be fine pray that she dun need to stay nici and can discharge on same day as u..

newtoitall, this apply to both Mt A and TMC?

seem like all comment on mt A is good hor... thinking should i switch to Mt A althought i got the SBI discount for TMC...

Apple: ya heard m'sia ginger is the best...but gotta go in and buy. Oh I didn't know...I tot put in the fridge can last longest...

Val: haa crazy tots like if I have the strength to push...bb stuck halfway how...etc so crazy lo...haa...ya I also only halfway packed cos I m still wearing the clothes I tot of bringing there. Btw during delivery is best to wear the hosp gown ya? Wear our own might be stained and dirty?

Angie - huh? go M'sia and buy? No need la..some fresh market here selling those fr M'sia. Moist in the fridge will make the ginger rotten.

blurlemon, yes i believe it applies to all pvt hospitals. #1 was delivered in GlenE and #2 mt A and same for me. And, that was 5 and 7 years ago. After writing your birth plan, u need to let ur gynae look thru, endoss, then he will fax to the labour ward of your hospital for them to process. Just remember to bring a copy of the birth plan with you when you are admitted - show the labour ward. I just got my birth plan faxed to them today.

My advise: don't switch from TMC to mt A - or else another mommy to snatch 1 bedder with us. LOL. <wink> =P

xuanmin: hang on there.. good u are in hospital now so everything is monitored - can be more assured of immediate action if needed. Good to hear bb heartbeat stable. Just hold on and u will be able to hold bb in just a couple more days. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Don't know if too full will cause contractions or not? I was getting it too after lunch - menstrual cramps kind with backache and wanting to pass motion feeling. Hmm.. but am waiting for it to be more intense and constant to start timing. Yesterday also same thing. Maybe body is just preparing us for the big thing coming soon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xuanmin: hang on. Under professional help, u'll feel more at ease.. Jus take heart and pray that everything will go fine. A good sign that Bb is not distress and heartbeat is stable.

Newtoitall: we are both very near edd! Jia you! I dunno if I should head down to gynae Cux I din feel much movement since morning, or should I say, jus very slight movement. Even BH also decrease. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Scared gynae find me nuisance, lol, keep going to see him..

Now that every mummy is choosing 1 bedded, makes me wanna go for 1 bedded too!!

Newtoitall, dun worry. I wan 2 bedded one cos I scare alone. I promise to be nice neighbor k. Haha who edd is near me. Let's share room. Keke.

So many mummies opting for 1 bedded lucky I'm not opting for it I don't dare to slp alone and my hubby can't accompany me at night at hospital.. But this time will opt for 2 bedded instead of 4 cuz the last round for a quite scary encounter at night..

During my no2 that time got 1 Indian lady middle of the night walk to my bed and seat on my bed I got a shock cuz she look scary and wan bleeding too.. She asked me help her call the nurse.. After which I found out from the nurse she kvffhjust have her csect and shouldn't be awake cuz is ga

Wad to put in birthplan? My gynae is dr woody leh. Everything time so rush dunno will he advise on the birth plan. He so busy till now. At 36wk I haven't book my hotel stay leh.

Xuanmin - jia you..u probably next to pop [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] don't worry much as bb condition is stable. Your gynae is confident..just take his advise, 2 days later u will see your bundle of joy!!

split - wah..what a horrible experience u had. I think I'll freak out man..but after c-sec, can't get down fr bed ler

Apple I'm freak up too it was like 1am in the middle of the night I also just after my csect.. The nurses was shock too cuz she just wheeled into the ward only and suppose to be on GA thats explain her bleeding.. The nurses gotta change my bed sheet after that cuz she dirty my bed.. That night I can't slp at all loh so this time I tell myself must pick a more comfortable room but hubby remind me I don't dare to be alone in the room den I drop the 1 bedded idea..

cloudpoem & blurlemon, yah.. we should have a system here.. when we check into hospital and no 1-bedder, then msg here.. whoever is also in same hospital then we share the room. LOL

cloudpoem, when was your last doc visit? Is this #1? Coz if #1, maybe he/she is engaged already that's why not much movement. For subsequent births, bb usually only engage just before or during labour. Try chocolate??

blurlemon, aren't u supposed to inform which hospital u want to book thru the nurse? U shd call the clinic and find out. Wat to put on the birth plan? Like what is your preference on birth methods, pain relief, breastfeeding, "the unkindest cut", emergency c-sec, dim lights etc etc, who your birth partner is, PD preference, name of gynae etc. There are many samples you can find online. I tried to send u a pvt msg with my birth plan as sample, but ur setting is not to receive pvt msg.

split - Yeaks! I would be frightened too if someone just came and sat on my bed in the middle of the night. Gosh... to add, bleeding too!

split - I thought after c-sec, she was with drip & urinary catheter attach? OMG..

For me, I'll go for 1 bedded coz my #1 is loud speaker..haha if she is around, I think my neighbour will complain me instead :p she will be very curious and ask a lot of questions!

newtoitall - actually good idea..since all hospital now with internet access, can drop a note here when there is no 1 bedded avail..can share room and have accompany.

Hi Mummies to be,

Organic Red Raspberry leaf, also known to herbalist as Hindberry, wild red raspberry, reapberry is often taken as a warm tea beverage. It is one of the more commonly used natural food for pregnant ladies to prepare their bodies in their very late stage of pregnancy to prepare for childbirth as it tones the uterine muscle preparing it for the intense contraction during childbirth.

Baby Dust Shop is strictly selling loose pack from Starwest Botanical Organic Red Raspberry Leaf that is grown in Croatia and is repacked in foodgrade sealed bags.

It is strictly advisable to check with your doctor before any consumption during pregnancy.

PRICES:

100 grams pack: SGD$7.00 (inclusive of normal mail postage within Singapore)

454 grams pack: SGD$30.00 (inclusive of normal mail postage within Singapore)

Pre-Order may be required depending on availability of stock.

Contact us at [email protected] for any queries or orders.

Visit http://babydustshop.blogspot.com/2010/11/organic-red-raspberry-leaf.html

Newtoitall: this is my 3rd pregnancy.. I drank choc milk ard 3pm also not much movement.. Usually when Bb hear her siblings play or cry will have movement, but today really minimal..

I think I should be alarm? Or, wait till Tomoro than check with gynae? Hmmm.

Split ur encounter is so scary was tat a 4 bedder? I opted for a 2 bedder thinking if i should change to a 4 bedder instead. I am so confused nowwho has given birth rachel? I have her on FB but wat is her nick? Haha think we need a list in FB with real name n nick next to it.

Sh.. - congrats!! :)

Val - I'm no longer vomiting already. Only once on Saturday morning. I stop my LS for one day and had a lil LS yesterday and today a lot... So worry that I might suddenly pop dramatically anywhere. -.-

tks baobaolin.

din prepare any birth plan, tot tat was more popular in the states.

now hubby go hm liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] me alone....

so looking fwd to tml checking out but scare my nitemare will starts! hope everything will go thru smoothly.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I have Newbaby confinement meal on trial today. Hmm..I would still pref NE. Newbaby meal portion is smaller & the taste so-so.

starfruit - 4 bedded?? U sure? I find 2 bedded already overwhelming if neighbour is inconsiderate..4 bedded u hv no privacy at all!

CloudPoem - keep a lookout tonite, if bb still not much movement I suggest u go for CTG or scan bah to ensure everything ok.

baobaolin - if LS persists, give your gynae a ring tmr morning.

Apple - thinking about calling him up as well but afraid something wrong. My bb have been very active though.. Just that my cramps are getting more often.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so stressed up being a first time mom...

Back