(2011/04) Apr 2011

Hi mummies,

I have the following to give away or exhange for Enfapro A+ Stage 2 (400gram).

1) S-26 Promil Gold Stage 2 (400gram)Expire 23/06/2013

2) Similac Stage 2 (400gram) Expire 12/06/13

3) Nestlé NAN® Pro 2 Premium Follow-up Formula (400g tin)

Can meet up at Boon lay MRT, Choa Chu kang MRT by

appointment on certain days.

Pls PM me if you are keen, thanks!

Lynn,

cheer up did ur bb sleep alot durin day time?? hmm for apple hor i also use spoon to scrap n gave to me same as puree n easier cos i find apple unless blend v hard to make fine fine[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

the rest of the food i will smash n gave as puree.. for me i dun care wat different view they have i decide how n wat i wan to feed my bb so usu i tell my MIL & maid wat to do wat time n how much.. they follow ...

Hi Skye

I'm generally quite new here too, just pop in and out. Couldn't help but come in when I saw your post.

I'm experiencing the same with my girl. She cannot nap for longer than 15mins each day. It's been like this since she was 3mths. I asked pd before it was ok for her to catnap, pd says yes. It's just their sleeping pattern.

Guess what? I also have a 4yr old to mind!! So I understand how you're feeling.

I want to ask you if your baby sleeps well at night? Sleep through?

piggy,

he slept earlier last night. 9pm instead of the usual 11pm. :x

at least they will follow lor. in my case, maid will follow. PIL won't. they will say he can eat liao.

Hi cheok,

hi-5! my bb has been catnapping since 2+months. :S and usually we have to carry her and once i put her down she'll wake up or wake in 5mins. i have had some miraculous naps but unless i put her in a carrier and go for a walk she won't sleep much off the arms.

U are a SAHM? have your 4yr old started nursery? then still got some relief time in the morning or afternoon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My elder daughter doesn't start school in feb next yr so still home with me.

We started sleep training for bedtimes since last week cos it was getting me 3hrs to get her to sleep and I was so frustrated cos i couldn't do bedtime with my elder daughter, prepare food for next day etc. So far it has been better that helped her sleep longer stretches. so she'll wake once or twice for milk till 6-7am next morning. If sleep through = sleep at least a 5hr stretch, i would say she can. bedtime is 7pm. cross fingers she stays that way! How abt yrs? do you bottle or breastfeed?

Seems like many babies are starting their first food! so exciting! what is the first food do u all give baby?

Lynn,

i always say no doc say 1 they will keep quiet if they dun follow i will rather let bb go CC at least no nonsense n stress from PIL...

Skye

Same! Mine also will sleep better in my arms or carrier. But will wake up as soon as she leaves my arms. But because it's just way too tiring, I decided to heck it, and nurse her to sleep. So I nurse her lying down on bed, as soon as she dozes off, I leave. No need to transfer, so I get my 15 mins break- ya like that she still sleeps 15 mins. I give up! But she wakes up fresh and doesnt want to nap anymore.

Ya SAHM. He's going to a 3hr school, so I can have a breather for those hours. I purposely let him go pm school so that he has his lunch there and I dont have to prepare his

meals. Oh dear! It really must be tiring for you! Hang on, it'll soon be next year.

Sigh at least you get rest at night. Mine was able to sleep through 5 hours before but fell ill. After that, she's been waking up 2-3hourly till now. I dont dare let her skip her night feeds yet coz pd say her weight not ideal 6.1kg @ 5 months [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I am total bf- hard to wash all the bottles when I've no help la! You? Do you have help?

Hi mummies,

Went vivo shopping yesterday n Camouflage is having a kids photo contest. Just take pix of your kids in their apparel and submit to qualify for the contest.

My girl in their FB. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

piggy,

i've used the doc technique, doesn't work! which is why i'm already looking at CC lor.

and the latest one is that sophie will drop colour (the marks on her), cannot give to bb to chew. now banished to sit pretty on the table top again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Lynn,

oops den really bobian gotta look for other alternatives..

Jess,

my dr told me only fever can only take 1 wk after recover the rest it ok..

Help!~~~~~~~~~ Please allow me to rant here~ =(

My MIL keeps hinting my hb says she wanna my boy to stay overnight at her place so that she can help to look after him.. How to reject her from keep asking leh?

I know that she just trying to help us as we're both working.. The reason i don't want let my boy stay overnight it's because my MIL always claims that she's tired, her body is weak.. and that she cannot let ppl 吵her as she needs plenty of rest.. She's going through menopause and her mood swing occurs very often and very jialat! Now she keeps hinting she want to take care of my boy makes me afraid..

I don't want her to have the excuse saying that she helps to take care of my boy and she's tired.. There are even times when she feels so fustrated with doing her household chores till she call me up at work and say that she needs to take a breather somewhere.. she was saying she wanna come over my place to stay for 2 weeks.. and that during the 2weeks stay.. she gonna find part-time job to spend her time.. i was thinking in my mind.. WTH~ she want to rest and at the same time want to work.. Zzz..

I really am at my wits and don't know what to do~

*sigh*

MIkio,

aiyo poor gal..

hmm i tink it either u ignore her or tell her straight .. for me my MIL ever ask if we wan to left our bb there so we no need to wake up so early i straight away tell her no we she bu de direct n yet not offensive cos we r all parent mah shd understd 1 mah...

piggy: she say we're working and want to help us.. so that we won't be so tired.. i'm trying to drag as long as possible.. tell her that after Kae takes porridge and doesn't wake up for night feeds then see how.. haiz...

mummies who bought sophie,

want to check does your sophie marks colour fades with use?

just want to check if its cause i've been washing sophie wrong. :/

mikio, i think it's best to come clean. If u do not wish for yr MIL to take care of yr son at night, just let her know that u wish to take care of him yourself. Can say that as u're working during daytime, u wish to be with him as much/long as possible, even if it's just sleeping together(if u co-slp then this wld be e best excuse). In any case, u shldn't feel wrong from wanting to be close to yr son...

Lynn

yes, sophie does fade.. just like other toys.. wear and tear..

washing with warm water is fine...

Kasper is learning how to sit..

but seems like he is not puttin on much weight..

and depsite eating avocado, he is not pooping..

haiz...

only 3pm.. i end at 6.30pm

Hilo mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mikio

Jux tell ur MIL That u really don wish leaving ur bb wif her overnight. Is better to tell her Than not letting her know n keep dragging. At the same time let ur hb know ur reasons too so at least he will understand n able to "help" u 讲话.

smiggleprincess,

how to make my inlaws understand that even sophie fading is okay for bb to chew? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

mum05 & Sandy Dee: I wanna be honest with her.. but i'm afraid that i'll end up hurting her cause every week there's 1 day that my mum would help me take care of my boy as she on leave.. I'm scared that later my MIL thinks it's unfair for her.. how huh?

The problem with my MIL is that she's like emotionally unstable.. we wouldn't want to provoke her either... haiz.. perhaps i should stop letting my mum take care of my boy so that I can have the right to tell my MIL i wanna take care my boy on my own..

=(

Mikio,

I can understand exactly how u feel. For me, my MIL is helping me to take care daytime, altho I would much much more prefer my own mum to do so. I thk its natural to feel this way cos afterall we closer to our own mums mah..

In the beginning, my MIL even intended to let my boy sleep with her on the same bed at nite! She machiam thk that the bb belongs to her *roll eyes*.

Its nvr easy, the relationship btn MIL and DIL. The mummies here r right, talk to ur hb. He needs to be on ur side and help u talk to his mum. U also can tell her no ah u not tired, see bb smile then not tired at all le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mikio,

i tink it ok to let her know la but like wat the rest say ask ur HB do the talkin but it not as if u giuys not lettin her take care right?? ur mum only take care of 1 day mah but got overnight?? seriously i tink it is absolutely ok by lettin her know u wanna spent time with ur own son even thou tiring..

eLazy,

hahah i can imagine how piss off when ur MIL ask u let bb sleep with her lol~ tt is y i refuse to stay with my MIL .. cos she ask me move over den 1 of my kid sleep with them cos room no space mah i straight away reject her tell her i wan them independent espmy #1 alr can sleep on hisown in his own room .. i am a bad DIL whahaha..

mikio, does yr mom takes care of yr boy overnight? If not, then it's a diffrnt situation. Y, perhaps like what the other mummies had suggested, discuss this with yr hub and let him tell his mum...

e_lazy: Last wk i didn't go over my MIL's place and hb went to fetch my boy and brought him over cause he going there for dinner.. hb says that MIL 假假talk to my boy saying: "星期一住ah ma's家ok?" Hb heard but he pretended not to hear and didn't response.. then when he's going home.. my MIL told him to let my boy stay over yesterday. My hb replied: "你自己问Sally." Hb knows that i don't like.. but i'm thinking that he'll sure side his mother no matter what.. haiz.. i don't want hb to be sandwiched in between us also when this happens.. -.-

mikio,

sigh ur HB ans like tt machiam u the bad guy leh.. mus talk to ur HB cannot like tt.. since ur MIL take care of ur bb almost daily i tink tt quite enough lo.. i would suggest u to let her know ur thots den if she still hint here n there ignore her...cos wats wrong with mummy wanna bond with own child actually i dun see how ur HB will be sandwich jus say no only mah.. y mus point finger at u? i tink if he agree with u den i doubt there will be any prob..

Long time din come in here le.. Busy w work and bb and mil..

Previously no prob w my mil.. Until recently she moved in to help out abit with the night shifts for my baby.. Then started to have problems.. Keep wanting to start feeding early, then after I start, keep telling me to feed this and that.. Which is too early for yet-to-be 6 month old baby! Very pissed off n angry..

I see that more mummies started to have prob w mil too? Sigh.. Hug hug...

Lynn, my Sophie also drop colour.. Not really to the washing, but more to the chewing.. I guess it should be safe bah.. Since it's made as a teether? Haha..

Btw is anyone collecting money for the bash? Heh.. Excited to meet u all.. And the babies for the first time.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Holiday.. U all shiok.. Planning holidays Liao.. Think i need to stop bf first then can plan for holiday.. I also wanna stop in the next few weeks.. Haha.. But every time see my bb, always she bu de stop..

mum05: Yes, My boy stays overnight with my mum once a week..

piggy: My boy is at IFC everyday, we nv let my MIL take care of him wor.. actually is my hb don't want his own mum to take care of our boy de.. i was thinking maybe don't let my boy stay overnight with my mum so that my MIL would not have any excuse to say me in future..

The problem with my MIL is that she's quite an attention-seeker. She wants everyone in the family to listen to her advices. But when she's in the wrong and anyone were to correct her, she'll say that we don't understand her. When she's angry or pissed with anyone in the family, she'll not want to talk and she'll start to write notes and all those 大道理on the whiteboard and expects all of us to read it.

Seriously we're thinking that she's having menopause so we just close 1 eye.. but this is like going on and on..

Lynn

is anythin happening to ur baby?

does the fading affects in anyway..

ur baby still happy..

so does many other hundreds of babies who have been chewing on sophie..

compare to the plastic teethers which are not even BPA free..

by the time ur baby has teeth, the teether will have holes, so where did the tiny bits go? imagine those plastic in ur baby's tummy.. Comapre it to sophie, i rather sophie..

then again, if sophie cant.. then no other teethers shld be given.. just suck thumb perhaps??[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

But i also give cloth teethers, i can wash with hot water..

now also can give teething rusk..

Bash

Erm,

how much per pax? i might bring my whole family..

Piggy,

Ya man! That happened during my confinement, when I get pissed off over every small thing lor.. And she din ask me, she just had this intention in her mind bb will co-sleep with her on her bed. I was like NO! bb will be sleeping in my room on his cot! haha.. If i can turn back time, I wish I hv nvr agreed to stay with PIL man... I'm also quite a bad DIL lah.. haha..

Mikio,

I also bth the 假假 talk to bb, but the message is actually meant for my ears ones. Kerna a few times before. Haiz... Can only choose to one ear in, one ear out lor.

Shice,

Hi hi... that day such a coincidence to meet u at Vivo. Ur boy know how to sit unsupported le ah? So fast [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I had problems with PIL since the day i gave birth. HAH! but now i just ignore what they say. Anything I dun agree, I will just tell hb to tell his parents.

6 mth bash,

For food, anybody tried ecreative before? dunno what's their portion like leh... If good luck kitchen portion is good, may go for that. Subject to final count of the no. of attendees, I thk roughly will be abt $15pax

Mikio,

ic ur bb in IFC no wonder.. maybe ur mil only get to play with bb awhile she find not enough hee maybe u can consider 1 wkend let ur bb stay there for a couple of hr let her have a taste of takin care of bb den she will know n stop makin sch request.. den u can have some rest for a couple of hr n yet get time with bb.. n get ur HB talk to ur MIL tt u guys wan to bond with bb everyday but will let her spend time with her like this???

as for ur mum side i tink can still let her take care for a day but maybe not overnight?

E_lazy,

hhhah it like tt 1 most mummies i know start to have prob with mil upon the arrival of bb cos we all have diff opinion n preference mah..

for gd luck usu i ordered 50pax portion for 70pax still got left over... maybe u cn jus order 90% of the attendees if u scare not enough food..

shice,

I have the same thinking as you, but PILs think otherwise and has banish sophie away from R again.

smiggleprincess,

he's okay with sophie, sometimes see him take teething rings instead the sides of his mouth will got the marks cause he push too far in..

any cloth teethers to recommend?

Mummies.. Long time no come in here.. Sorry was extremely busy with work.. After work is busy with my boy.. He loves to bully me.. Haizz.. Everything I oso must do for him,. I on my com, he will play w my mouse making me cannot do anything other than him.. Haizz..

Oh ya, I would like to check w mummies here.. Helping my frd to check.. She currently pumping 180ml each pump & her girl drink onli 120ml.. She wondering if she shld store her bm according to her girl's need (120ml) or 180ml in one milk bag. If keep 180ml den the bal 60ml how? Thaw the whole bag?

If pack according to 120ml, den the milk bag seem very wasteful.. Her milk bag can store 200ml.. So can advise how would u all store the milk?

Thanks in advance ;)

Mrs chua, I store 200ml in a bag. When thawing thaw whole bag. Split into 2 meals to feed lo. The second portion top up w cold bm. Anyway by the time u thaw.. Bb may be drinking diff any already mah.

Morning ladies!~

e_lazy: ya loh.. she 假假talk to my boy.. as if he understands her wor.. -.-"

piggy: ya.. Kae at IFC everyday cause hb don't want my MIL to take care.. probably i just go over my MIL's house more often during weekdays..

As for my mum, she helping out to take care my boy overnight cause she on leave..

Lynn

im using cloth teethers from fisher price.

Mrs chua

i used to pour the milk into ice cubes tray. 30ml each.

when they are frozen then i pack them inside milkbag and use what i need accordingly.

cos sometimes they drink diff amt.

morning ladies..

mikio,

hmm jus my thots la cos by goin to ur MIL house with ur bb she will feel the strain on her body.. tt y suggest u put bb there a few hr LET her experience it n know takin care of bb not easy..

as for ur mum it depend y u allow ur bb to stay over night at ur mum place becos u need a rest or? so really up to u la cos i prefer bb takin care by myself at night cos i wan to bond with bb everyday... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] n since ur HB dun wanna ur MIL to take care of bb ask him go talk to her ..

piggy: i ever leave my boy a few hours with my MIL when i still on ML. Whenever my boy cries, she'll think that he's hungry and wants to feed him even when it's not even 3hrs or close to feeding time. She will tell me, just now he poo-ed.. so will need to let him drink earlier.. >.<

my mum say let me and hb take a day's off to look after my boy.. hahaha..

MIKIO,

HAHHA cos now bb older more demanding mah n diff from early stage no harm try again haha ..

gd la u still get ur break norm if i wan a break i will leave my boys with my IL for couple of hr while i go datin with HB [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

MIKIO,

hahah ya understood jus a suggestion la if not she wun know how tough it is esp now they r more demandin more energy required to look after them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello everyone

Hmm seems like some of us had problems with mil. I am the worse dil because I totally ban my mil from coming here to stay. I cannot forget the horrible experience the other time.

Halo Vivi,

Long time din see u here. How are u and dearie Vianne?

No lah, u not the worst. Its nvr easy to stay tog with ILs. Sure got conflict one. Therefore to avoid conflict, best is still keep at arm's length, dun stay tog lor... but i bo bian liao, cant ask them to move out also... wait next time i got karma leh...

But i was telling my fren, next time when i become MIL, better dun be like that..

hello mummies... =)

mikio: hugz hugz..

mrs chua: long time no see!! how r u??

vivi: hello!! long time no see too!! =)

e_lazy: mmm.. conflicts sure have la.. even own family members also will quarrel... don't say MIL la... sometimes close 1 eye lor... I m staying with my PIL currently too... so far so good la... *cross fingers* =P

Back