(2011/04) Apr 2011

Yeah! Really fun meeting with all mummies, daddies, number 1 & not forgetting babies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] really must hv more of such event [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks pink for letting out the function rm & her house, piggy for the food catering..

Nice to know & chat with all mummies...

Tweety, r u the wan w heart tee?

Quite paiseh alot mum I dnt knw..hee

Thank piggy for ordering the food and pink for the function room!

Mrs chua, yr hubby seems like luv kids alot, planning for hw many?

yeah lotsa fun tink my #1 enjoy more keke..

Now Uploadin the pic feel free to tag urself ya[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies:so sorry that I am so late today..thought the event start at 130pm..blur me!!!miss out meeting some mummies..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Fun & nice meeting some mummies/daddies and of course our adorable bunnies...hope to meet up more often next time[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks piggy & pink for this gathering!!

Tweety: yeah-miss c has her milk in her car;) a bit cranky but still finished her milk..phew!!!thank you for asking;)

Toroto-bb: thank you for letting/helping me try out beco

carrier! Will update you again ya...

Nice chatting with all mummies/daddies in pink's hse just now....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nice meeting everyone today! Paiseh ah.. think some mummies i still dunno who is who. I am bad with faces. But how come everyone knows who I am.. I so ez to recognise meh? haha! I'm also uploading photos n videos now.. feel free to tag urself. I just tag a few only.. no time. :p

Wow nice gathering.

Thanx pink for ur help - the function rm, ur Hse, ur shirt n ur maid's help. If not I got to go naked :p

-piggytoh thanx for ordering the tasty food

-pearly n ur hb thanx for helpin me take care of my boy while I clean up my monster girl.

-mrs chua thanx for comin by n pick me up n ur help wif my gal when she vomit.

Elmo

Hehe u very easy to recognize.

Hipopolai

U manage to latch outside wif the shawl??

Just finish war... Phew~

Thanks to Pink & Piggy for the gathering organizing...

Me too had alot of fun today... Too bad I reached a little late, no chance to talk to some mummies!!! Gerry, I totally no chance talk to u on both Vivo & today's gathering!!!! Btw, u look so gorgeous today!!! I'm drooling.... Haa haa haa...

Sandy,

No wor... My princess on diet... Dun wan drink... Wahahahahaha.... Should have pass u the shawl since u r at MS...

Elmo,

Not many ppl can like bamboo like u lor... If I were u I will be very happy!

Oh Hippo.. So that's how you described me ah. Now wonder so easily recognizable. Haha! That was my nick in e family too! :p

What time did you all stay until? We gotta leave early cos gor gor grumbling. Paiseh.. Car no space with 2 car seats le.. If not can lombang 3G or Sandy.

We had great fun today, nice meeting all mummies. Even though some mummies i still dunno ur nick/name bt nice to meet u gals. Should have "ice breaker" early on so that can attach name to the face [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I think everyone is busy chit chatting till forgot abt it. Shd hv more of this gathering in future.

Thanks pink for letting out ur function room and organising this 1mth bash

Thanks piggy for ordering the food, the food is yummy and nice especially the curry and the "kong ba pao"

Btw, is the hi-tea still on? When is it?

And i"ll like to order 1 bottle of the colostrum powder tht u recommended. Thanks

Hippo,

So are u the next one organising the 6th mth bash as u mentioned? :p

Elmo,

Heehee! Is sookie who told mi who u're if nt i aso dunno. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gerry,

Can i chk with u, hw much u pay for ur stroller? U bought frm where? Coz my HB is interested in tht brand bt he said quite expensive rite?

thanks piggy & pink for organize the party, we had great fun tdy. looking forward the next one

sorry for left early as gotta rush 4pm barney show at MS, yst is last day. so no choice gotta rush. the party is so fun, bu shi de left, haven got chance to chat with some mummies.

I was KO with 2girls once rch home, so tired

fungfung

we have a mini gathering on Monday but still not confirm lunch or hi tea yet. I prefer lunch so after gathering then brg Kay go review & go bk, but if lunch then must see where u girls like to eat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pearly/andrea.

where u wanna meet ? prefer lunch or hi tea?

Dun kill me.. But which one is sookie? Did i talk to you? I'm still blur. Haha!

Monday got gathering where? You all really v onz!

Had a nice and wonderful day yesterday. I think monster Vianne enjoyed too cos she was smiling away when dhe was at home.

Piggy and pink thanks for the food and venue arrangement.

Yeah the only pity was never get to talk to some of the mummies

G'morning ladies!!

Ya had a fun time.. The babies were quite a sight!! =)

Didn't have a chance to talk to many mummies too..

hippo,

Wah Liao.. You have such a sweet tongue!! Thanks.. *blush*

Next gathering, you must sit next to me hor!! Haha!!

Fung,

I bought my pram from baby kingdom 3 years ago.. Cost me about $1000..Mothercare also sells them.. It's the quinny buzz.. it's very stable.. I call it my baby's 4 wheel drive cos can go on almost any terrain.. And you can jog with it. can use it until the child is about 4-5 yo... it is quite heavy though and I wouldn't bring it out if I am alone.. Need help one.. Jtho also has it too..=)

Ya, Gerry is v pretty and demure! Wah.. 1K pram! Hb will kill me if i buy!

Vivi, vianne not monstrous at all leh. She look v guai yest. I notice e videos tt i took.. The one for e gals was so quiet. All e baby gals so demure. E video with all e baby boys is so noisy!

Elmo,

Cos u're super tall and slim! Of course easy to recognize! xD hehe..

Yoti,

U were there? I didn't noticed.. =X Which one is u?

Vonn,

U were the one with elder son de ah? Paiseh I never say hello cos was busy + shy.. =X

Sandy,

No worries! I'm sure u would also do the same if I'm in the same boat.. xD

piggy/pink/hippo,

Thanks for organizing everything! It was super fun! I'm looking forward to 6mos SWIMMING BASH!!! lol!

Baby26,

So decided on the carrier le? I tried the "cross leg" position when I was at marina square leh.. It works!! My boy absolutely loves it! haha.. U should have tried just now also.. So now onwards, I can sell my insert to my friend liao.. No more insert! hehe..

Time suddenly seemed have flown by leh.. I still remember that time when a few of us were at Zhou's Kitchen with our HUGE bellies! Now I cannot remember how we all looked like back then le.. hehe.. Our bundles already 2mos or going to be le!!

I actually wanted to post the above msg last night but internet got connection problem again.. Zzz...

bbgoh/andrea,

I anything also.. What about the other mummies who are joining? Hippo? Prefer hi-tea or lunch? I'm so hungry now that I can't stop thinking of the dim sum! =X

Gerry, agreed. U was pretty!

Pearly, were u the wan with double stroller? Ur #1 in pink? She's cute hehe

Ya, my boy is the wan w bowl head..haha

wah, seems like u ppl really had a wonderful gathering, wish I cld join. So paiseh to come into this thread midway and hvnt got to meet anyone of u(incl sookie!). Now wif maid-y phobia, trying to go out less and hubby not keen in such gatherings, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Can I view the gathering pics? I've got FB too...

Gerry, I've also got a Qunny(very smooth moving wheels) this time round, previously was a Peg Perego(very steady but bulky), at promo price, with the maxi cosi infant car seat, cost abt S$900 but then we seldom use the infant car seat and soon gotta buy another from 9mths to 3-4yrs one again, aiyoh!

Have donated most of the bb stuffs(incl cot, stroller, infant car seat, car seat, etc) for #1, thus gotta spend another bomb when #2 comes along, arrrggghhhh

Mum05: i also haven't met them. only met tweety once when I delivered my baby :x my hubby also not keen in these gatherings. hai.

Anyone knows bb need to be how many months before they can sit in those sit upright strollers?

Pearly-I came the latest!!!! Got mix up with the timing! Didn't has a chance to see and talk to few mummies..next time ya[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Andrea, pearly

our organize hippo not join tml, I m not familiar there. only noe fast food & ayam penyet ria.

I also like dim sum but lunch time is ala carte de ler, okie mah? let me google wat other eateri there

any other mummies wanna join?? currently only 5 of us who confirmed

hi mummies, need your advise here....

which one is better or rather a more popular choice? ergo carrier or bjorn carrier?

my shoulder & neck going to break when using MIM/pupsik to carry my little sumo. N i dont think he like to be sling too. he struggled when inside. i dont have issue with my #1.

wonder if carrier will be a better choice.

reason for buying cos nxt month onwards i need to sling #2 to babysitter's plc & #1 in pram to cc before work. dont think i hv time to stroll slowly under the hot sun with my #1.

what do u all think? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Lynn,

usu it 4-6mth onwards depend on the stroller n how high u put the seat..

Avocado,

the mummies here recommend beco.. i wun recommend bjorn cos it meant for smaller bb so outgrow fast...

Vonn,

Ohh the bowl hairstyle very eye catching, so cute! Ya, my girl is the pinkish tutu dress one.. Hehe.. U sat in front of me on the mat de right?

Yoti,

Wat time u came? I missed meeting u also! xD Tot of going up pink's house but my girl was cranky due to being tired but duwan to nap.. So we left to go marina square walk walk to hypnotise her into zzz.. Lol!

Avocado,

I'm a supporter of ergo!! But pink thinks beco more suitable for petite size ppl wor.. U also quite petite so better to try? Should ask baby26! She tried both yesterday! xD U both look abt same size too..

Hi mummies,

My son weighs ard 6kg now and is coming to 2 mths old. is it ok to feed hin 150ml of milk every 3 hours?

My pd say 100ml every 3 hrs wor, but seems like its not enuff for him. Can I know how much milk and how frequent are u all giving to ur bb?

Also, anyone with bb that keep having blocked nose?

Pearly,

I scared it will another white elephant to me, still consider,Cos I seldom take public transport alone with bb. normally I will put bb at stroller when go shopping.

Avocado , pearly:

After I tried ergo n beco, I feel ergo more comfy n easy use, but ergo v

bulky leh, end up maybe I don't dare to bring out.

bbgoh, im ok for tml..

e lazy,theres a formula used by pd...use the wt x 150..assuming u feed every 3 hrs,thats divided by 8..a rough gauge how much ur bb sld drink...

e lazy,my bb oso blocked nose..sinus jus likeummy me..seen doc n given med n nose drop..oso bought the battery operated nasal aspirator for him..

sorry mummies tomolo cant join in.

mum cant help to take care B...so hubby taking leave to take care then i need to rush bk after bring #1 for checkup.

Avocodo,

i like beco. but i already got ergo during #1 time.

thks for the encouragement tweety/lynn.

now worser liao lah, haiz... it's been days my bb displayed bottle refusal esp. when I'm ard. But today, even when I was out, she refused too!

Just now, I expressed out(since she doesn't like warmed chilled ebm) and a while later, I received a call from my helper that my bb refused to drink!(I can hear her crying badly behind), I told her in that case, try FM. Short while later, maid called again and said bb still refused, so no choice, put down everything and rushed back.

But by the time I got home, she's just finished the bottle of FM... She hasn't tasted the 'freshly squeezed' EBM and just simply refused, the minute the bottle teat touches her lips. Maid said that she cried so badly til she's very tired and it's then that she tried to feed her again and she finally drank...

Aiyoh, like that I'd never be able to go out w/out them liao! And I bet, it's gonna be super hard to wean her off bf!

e lazy,

100ml is only a guideline so depend on individual bb also my bb been drinkin 150ml ard 2mth also... my bb also keep havin block nose it quite common for bb i tried nosedrop etc but unable to clear totally.. my GP say mus wait till 4/5mth for their airway to mature...

Gerry,

Ok! Will reserve the seat besides u!!!! Haa haa haa!!!!

Pearly,

6mos cannot swimming bash lar... Too young to dump into pool... Swimming pool got chlorine leh...

Avocado,

Think it's better u bring bb with u to try out... Suit other ppl doesn't mean suit u mah....

E lazy,

Feed baby according bb demand bah... Bb is not machine, PD given only guideline... If bb can drink just let him drink... They will eventually reduce their intake later...

Elmo

I think yesterday was exceptional or maybe because she is outside

Andrea

I was there I came with tweety I also didn't get to see you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hippopolai,

6mth ok la usu after 6mth can go swimmin pool liao tt time i tink be4 6mth i alr dump kyler to pool but condo 1..

Bbgoh: what time r u ladies meeting Tom? I still dunno if joining or not..

Vivi: if that's e case.. Then u should bring vianne out more.. Then she'll be good...

Mum05: maybe u can try again? Think take some time to wean of from nip totally ba..

Elazy: my boy is drinking 130ml now.. He's 9+ weeks now.. Think it's up to individual babies.. The one pd using is just a guideline ba.. Adults also have different appetite de..

Baby26,

Got a method to "roll" it up neatly de.. Not as bulky as when just dump in bag.. But if u're ok with stroller, even better! Cos stroller can carry ur barangs barangs leh.. Carrier for baby still must carry bags.. I use ergo when die die need to take bus or if baby just finish feed & go out for short hrs.. Then no need bring diaper bag..

Hippo,

I also let kait swim in my parents' condo pool early.. I think 6mos i dump her in liao.. Once a week.. Condo pool not as dirty as public ones so maybe less chlorine?

RE: Tml's meeting

Any mummies wan join me for zhou's kitchen hi tea buffet? Bbgoh they all having jap food for lunch but i got craving for dim sum.. Hippo, the hi tea buffet is 11-2.30pm ah? Hehe.. I intend to stuff myself first then meet them for chit chat..

Vonn,

Thanks.. Hehe!! Make me paiseh..

The playmat is great.. My #1 likes it alot.. I'm sure my #2 will appreciate it eventually

Elmo,

Thanks. You are the first to say demure!! Haha!! You are super slim.. Like never pregnant at all lor.. *envy* Your hb also the skinny type.. Next time I am sure your 2 boys will be tall and slim kind..

Ya 1k a bit ex.. But I told my hb can use for so long, so worth it.. plus I was the one who did all the research so he just believe me and buy! haha!!

Mum05,

Wah how come you give all your bb stuff away.. Weren't planning for #2? I kept everything.. so my poor #2 gets all the hand me downs.. So now you are using the buzz.. The maxi cosi quite good what.. Car seat and when I go to friends' house, i will put bb in the maxi cosi.. no need to carry..

The buzz is a bit heavy though.. so after 6 months, I would use a cheap mothercare pram if I am going out alone..

My hb also don't like these gatherings so I usually would come alone.. =)

Hippo,

Ya 6 months ok to throw into the pool.. I threw lisa in around that time.. I figured already start solids.. so it's ok.. Haha!!

Mummies.. Other than the freestyle cooler bag, wat other kind of cooler bag I can get? I rem lady time someone say fridge to go bag, where to get? I'm looking for something small so I can bring to office without having to bring such a big cooler bag which comes with the freestyle..

So sianz that tmr returning back to office Le.. I'm sure gonna miss my boy alot de.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back