(2011/04) Apr 2011

mrs Chua

shd be bah all the fishes my mil bought over de I dunno hehe

yr boy nw drink 60ml every 3hrs? my girl not rch 1am alrdy drink 60ml ler.

hb brg #1 to fetch mil came over only nw I got chance to lie down on bed. 1st time mummies pls cherish yr 1st confinement take more rest while u can. with 1 more toddler at home really hard to rest.

yoti

maybe he feel not convenience to stay lOng at yr mum plc? to u yr mum plc just like own home but to him is not, it's like outsider home. if u like him to stay why not just tell him? dun kp evrrythg in yt heart, talk out to solve with him. let them noe we r suffer enuf since preg till nw doin confinement. and let him involve in parenthood

Mrs chua: ahahaha.. last nite after i pump.. got some left over on the nip.. hubby say he wanna taste... hahahaa... but he say no taste de leh.. heeheee

vivi: let's jia you jia you!!!!

Hi vonn,

My piles came after I delivered, so gynae also dunno.. But my massage lady gave me some salt crystals to wash..

Tiffany

Ur email bounced..

My massage lady charge 50 per session. Her contact is 97954574

Mrs Chua

I also have inverted nipple. I alway massage the nipple and it helps.. Ya, it's true, hubby can help u suck..

If u are expressing, the way u position e funnel is also important.

oic mrs chua, thks for clarification. I read sme of yr posts, u're good, willing to continue bf, I'm giving up liao, unlike the 1st, tis time round I don't feel so much up to it... tt's why trying to sell off my new Swing pump, only used for 2wks nia even though it's very efficient(much better and alot quieter than the mini electric that I used the last time)...

Oh BBGoh, better not take, although it's a 'not bad' fish, it causes itch to some ppl.

Mummies w medela freestyle breast pump, is it really so efficient to pump milk? Are there many parts to wash,assemble n sterilize?

I dropped my ameda pump again n this time it's really spoilt! Got a new avent manual pump to tide but can't help thinking if I shd be getting dual electric pump again....

Had a hard time clearing d '2 stones' on my chest n worst is I have sore n cracked nipples which makes it even harder coz it's painful. Luckily my sore cracked nipples are healing soon n so I could concentrate on my moo moo career.

Hi need advice I just got blood come out just now, but my contraction still can endure, abt 1.30pm jus now I feel my tummy abit harden. Should I admit to hospital now or wait till tonight?

Piggytoh,

Gd Luck Kitchen seems more ex than Mum's Kitchen or Neo Garden?

Mrs Chua,

I can't stand sg's weather anymore and also sick of confinement. So make my husband tell my MIL I'm homesick and want to go home asap. Yes baby is flying back together.

Bbgoh,

I believe your #1 is Oct 2008 baby like mine? Mikayla is super jealous of Mischa too. Will cry when baby cries. Now she is much better. I find that by letting her touch baby freely without nagging about being gentle or yelling at her when she accidentally hurt baby helps. At least we are not protraying that baby needs more attention that her or we are protective towards baby than her. Sometimes we let her touch and kiss baby while we bio her from the corner of our eyes. After awhile she sianz aldy will stop disturbing baby.

ningyo, same as me! it's my right b tt's giving prob tis time round, then my bb cldn't wait cos I've supplemented at the hosp, so she's used to the 'flow', she even bit my nipple soo hard that I've got cracked nipples. The LC recommended me to use 'Mother's Mates' very effective to soothe the crack and I've got an extra pk - wanna take over frm me?

Although the pump has more or less stabilised the routine now(gotta really rub the 'stones' out, else u'd kana mastitis like me) but with the commitment to my elder kid's classes, I think I'd need to give up pumping alr...

Tweety,

Ask your hb to taste more.. Bm is quite sweet one.. Haha!!

Mrs CHUA.

No harm trying to ask hb to suck the inverted nipple!! Haha!! For the sake of gervaise.. Hehe!! But with pump, inverted nipple shouldn't pose a problem right?

Baby26,

Oh try to time your contractions.. My dr said once contractions come in every 10 mins, then go hospital.. Maybe now you no need to go for c-sect.. =)

dreamyspring

I let her touch let her kiss nvr stop her but she not allow me to touch or carry her. or I shd let Bb slp with me not with my mum so she then ll slowly accept this reality?

mum05

icic. then I better just take ngor hee (wu yi)

mrs Chua

yah the way we put on funnel also very important. sometime the funnel ll block hole of milk to cum out. even me got experience I still have to adjust few times each time pumping.

and I thk its normalleft boob ll bigger & more milk than right not bcoz of latch. I nvr use latching also same ler since 1st delivery till nw even after stop BF my left boobs also bigger

do u feel tat can get more milk after drink a hot hot soup? I dunno but just to share. just nw i pump right after lunch had a bow of hot fish soup I added Dom then I get 40ml more than usual. I realize each time pump after a hot soup or bath I can get more

tweety

haha. I also dun dare to taste it plain but I use it to make Milo & cereal for everyone include me :p

only this way then my #1 wiling to take.

Bbgoh,

Wah!!! You mix your bm with cereal to eat!! Hehe!! Very fattening and rich wor! I told my hb I put it in his coffee then no need sugar since it is very sweet.. He gave me a -_- look!! =)

Dreamy,

hmm nt really cos the serving is big u dun need to order so much the serving size for NEO garden is v small.. The gd thing abt gd luck kitchen is u can chose 1 item from each catagory so more worthwhile cos like the rest usu 2 dish is alr mee/rice but gd luck u can jus chose either 1 n chose 1 more dish.

Yoti,

cheer up I tink ur HB v tired also my last preg my Hb oversea n we can only webcam everynite n he also v poor thing mus study, train n worse he miss out so much growing up stage of BB n he is so upset .. Maybe talk to ur HB a t it see if he can involve more or spend more time with u?

baby26,

this us yr #3 so may be v fast maybe call ur gynae n check?

Baby26,

If it's not painful, just wait and see whether contractions will get more intense.. Sometimes labour wouldn't start so soon despite a bloody show.. Unless you are bleeding a lot.. Then just wait and see.. =)

Hi bblog,

Thank you for your reply... I think overall is the efforts put in...Environment is one factor maybe..Maybe I have high expectation of him or I am too selfish....

Hi Piggytoh,

At least yr hubby feel upset that he is not with baby thro' his growing up stage...I am trying to cheer up for the sake of my daughter..I didnt dare to voice out cos I do not know is it my problem...but I feel he is too concentrated on his studies and tend to neglect both of us..maybe I have too high expectation of him...

baby26: if its your 3rd baby, i suggest you call the gynae. they will prob ask you to come in cause you will dilate pretty fast.

bbgoh and dreamyspring: glad that I am not the only one having to deal with #1. my #1 is ok to the baby but she's really not taking it well with us. Like she will not be her happy self and wants to do things that makes us want to shout at her. I know I have to be patient and keep telling her that we love her but its really tiring sometimes.. esp when i am alsrad suffering from lack of sleep and sore nipples. sigh

mom05, I am also suffering from cracked nipples. what is mothers mate? is it an ointment? where did you get it from?

sookie, mother's mates r available frm hospitals. It comes in a pair of round shaped silicon patches. very effective for cracked nipples and it was recommended by the Lactaction Consultant so I quickly bought an extra pk home then lor, hee.

I even got a pair of nipple shields which I didn't use...

U can pm me at [email protected]

Gerry

hehe. my hb also drink it. as keep in fridge 2 days Liao nw I only give Bb fresh one the balance I freeze it le thk another week my freezer ll full liao

mummies

where can buy cheapest milk bag? any recommend?

Tweety it is more like jia nai than jia you wor Hee hee times flies another half hour I need to be a moo

Moo again.

For me just now I use hot water to spray my boobs after that milk start dripping I was like power

I just woke up from a nap after being back from lunch. So tired now, can't go out for long. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

bbgoh,

I use Playtex, 140bags of 8oz cost less than $20. Can be found in Robinson, OG and Kiddy Palace. Robinson having 20%!

sookiewookie

i use medela purelan. very effective!

inverted/short nipples

i had inverted nipple when i had #1. I rem using those nipple sheild to help when latching. After pumping for a period of time, everything protrudes out!!

smiggle

where did you get the fenugek seeds har?

Yoti,

sumtime not easy for them to study n work at the same time leh.. even till now my HB still got alot to study can tell he really tired so alot of thing i can do i will do.. cheer up maybe really ur hormone acting up or jus let ur HB know sumtime man jus dunno how to express themselves well[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bbgoh,

if u dun mind using bott liner can buy playtex BP selling also[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yoti.. My hubby shifted in to stay with me.. So far, he onli go bk mil's place twice. Once due to work, second time due to prayers to fil.. Actually he oso did nt do much except preparing of milk & washing milk bottles. Would say, he Duno how to take care of baby kind, he's the type who will play with baby when they r bigger. So an agreement, I will take care of baby & he will play baby.. As for ur case, y nt ask ur hubby shift in? Stay alternate days oso gd ah? At least can help u take care at times.. 

Vivi.. Gd that ur supply improving., my supply this morn @9am was ard 60ml but @12noon, ard 40ml onli.. I pump every 3 hrs, supply nt constant.. 

Sookie.. Sumo? Omg.. Cannot imagine if he is one Lols

Bbgoh.. He's drinking ard 70-80ml 3 hourly but Sometimes 2 hourly will already wake up asking for milk again.. There was once he finish close to 90ml, think he was super hungry ba.. 

Tweety.. My hubby say got abit sweet sweet de leh.. Think mine mixed with all the sweat so abut sweet Lols.. 

Smuggleprincess.. In Wat way I shld place the funnel? Hmm.. My nipple now sore so I dare nt even massage the nipple much... But I do realize the inverted nipple will protrude out after pump.. 

Mum05.. There are times when I wan to give up too but these mummies from forum kept encouraging me so the thought of giving up is gone. If I would to give up, I would b sorry to all mummies & my boy most importantly.. So nv give up is the motivation! Furthermore, hubby & me wanted to bf my boy as long as I can, min 6mths.. 

Ningyo.. Freestyle easy to assemble.. So worth investing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dreamyspringy.. Ic.. Baby now fly with u ok ah? Isn't too small to fly??? Agree sg weather super unbearable lo but I though aust weather at times oso that hot? I rem I was there once end of the yr, weather super unbearable lo.. Even hotter than sg.. 

Gerry.. Ya, with pump inverted nipple has no prob but still need time ba.. 

Bbgoh.. As I mentioned I got no soup so I can onli drink hot Milo b4 pump.. Like now, I drank cereal b4 pump, hopefully it helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u pump directly after u drink the soup with Dom? I thought after drinking Dom got to wait 3hrs later than can pump or latch?? 

Hubby wan to go back take things, I jus though of follow oso cannot, so Sianz... Den now doing my pump, she ask me quickly go eat cos she jus cook it & beta eat when is hot.. When she is cooking, already told her I going pump Liao den she still half way I pumping come into rm ask me quickly go eat.. Den nag & nag say I cook hot hot den u still dum wan eat, always eat cold cold.. 

Hi mum05,

thks for d offer but my sore cracked nipples is almost healed. Hmm, I wonder if my silcon breast pad works d wonder as ur Mother's mate. I happen to find d free lily pad which is also silicon and it was bundled together with my ameda pump n so I open and use. My leftover gerber breast pads which I have kept for 2yr+ have gone bad with those moist patches.

Hi baby26,

I think it's better that u go to hospital now. Did u have any dilation during d previous check up? If yes, then all d more u should go hospital.

Anyway, mine also 3rd delivery but I don't really think it's that fast coz I started contraction pain at 4.30am n chk in hospital abt 9am n nurse chk dilation only 4cm. My previous gynae chk up was zero dilation. Anyway gynae came n burst water bag n I think he put drips to speed up that's y I delivered in about 2hours time.

Hope u have a speedy n smooth delivery!

Hi mrs chua,

wow! Ur boy really drinks alot! It must be stressful trying to boost d milk supply for his demand! I'm not sure how much my boy is drinking coz haven't try bottle feeding n formula milk. Been latching on n enduring d pain on my sore cracked nipples.

I'm so tempted to have a sip of hot coffee or tea but scared d caffeine will keep my baby awake at night. So far he's quite a good boy coz at least he won't cry d whole house down unlike my #2 girl.

Ningyo.. Ya, his demand v high.. Jus like now, he jus finish abt 60ml of milk which his last feeding is 2hrs ago.. Maybe he is a big boy @birth.. Luckily I gt nt much craving for coffee & tea.. Jus wan to hv my 1st cup of koi milk tea after confinement ;)

Piggy.. I think like Wat some mummies say, boy tends to drink more ba.. Our boys are the same, either drink 2-3 hourly or once he awake. Once he awake, his wailing of milk v loud lo.. 

Tweety.. Lols.. Ask hubby try again lo.. Guys' taste bubs abit retarded ba, my hubby oso 1st time cry he say is bland den 2nd time is sweet so I thought is becos of mixture of sweat Lols 

Mummies.. Today I tried the 3 hourly pump method but supply onli 40ml lo.. The 60ml pump this morning is after a whole night of no pump den achieve de.. 

Oh ya, how ur discharge? Would like to check by when will our discharge stop? Initially, I thought mine ending soon when I still in hospital cos nt myth discharge Le but now it seems to b more.. Normal? Is there any dough between c-sect & natural discharge? As in the flow & how much.. Heard b4 c-sect discharge lesser cos mostly already removed during the ops. 

Baby 26,

How are you doing?? Did you call gynae?? Yours is vbac.. No wonder cannot induce.. Hopefully your contractions will come soon and naturally...

Ningyo,

I feel your pain.. The cracked and sore nipples were the worst part of bf!! Haha!! Tahan!! Don't drink any coffee or tea now.. Wait until a bit later... =)

Mrs chua,

I tink u can consider increasin the Amt of milk to ur boi maybe 60ml nt enough .. I thot for c-sect the lochia will be lesser? Cos norm delivery most ard 3-4wk every time I Thot no more nex day come again..

Btw any mummies havin LS after pop? My tummy v gassy till now n 1 day LS 2-3 time-_-

Piggy, mine too! Can drink 90 but sometime earlier. Last Nite almost every 2hrly. Finish Liao still need to change diaper, burp took up 45mins. By the x I wan to zz, time to feed again!

Really oh bak kak!!

So tiring!! Hope I still can survive!!

Mummies who have nt delivered, enjoy while u can.

Bbgoh, my #1 oso keep asking for my attn, sometimes really feel bad to neglect him. Hope this stage pass over soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Vonn,

last time my #1 also like tt I scare over fed tt y use pacifier to drag feeding time headache hor hope after CL left he dun do tt to me else I tink I will give up BF v soon also lol~

Mrs chua, try to ignore yr mum. Old ppl always wan us to eat hot hot during confinement but sometimes it really clash w our. Schedule.

Soon Liao so bear w it ok..

Gerry,

I still at home.. Called my gynea jus now, he said I can monitor myself first as long bb is moving about 10 tonight then admit or admit hospital now to let them check whether I in labour.... I didn't feel any contraction leh.... I relax at my bedroom n on aircon watch tv first, I think then the time will pass faster

If we pump out milk to feed, it is still considered total breast feeding? Coz my nipples r inverted and really sore le.. Today been feeding him bottled breast milk.. Got abit of phobia latching him directly le..

gin, piggy

thanks. ll go check the BP [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mrs Chua

I add in Dom then boil so I thk no more alcohol le bah

mrs Chua

wat u mean u got no soup? yr mum nvr cook soup on every meal? sorry maybe I miss out any post.

reg the lochia for c-sect ll be lesser. I remember last time I only clean ard 3wks lata? but flow sometime more sometimes less

it's good to have more bah mean clean up more??

these 2days I kp have muscle pain then also feel the flow heavier maybe it's due to uterus shrinking??

vonn

yah loh hope she can pass this stage soon.

shice

latch or pump with bottle feed r th same consider as TBF

oh ningyo, it can't be same 'cos this is not the 'normal' gel pad it contains some soothing elements so we need to gently wipe our breasts before feeding after putting them on our breasts.

I've got 3 cracks on 1 of my nipples, super pain, even the rather effective Medela purelan cream cldn't ease my pain, so this was recommended...

Mrs chua, my bb is drinking 110ml EBM at a 2 1/2 hrs break, tt's why I dare not latch her on anymore, thus pumping, but as I'd need to bring my #1 to classes when my confinement's up in 2 wks' time, I wanted to stop expressing as well, else rushing bk home in every 3-4 hrs to pump wld be too tiring...

bbgoh: Yes, definitely can produce more milk after hot bath, hot soup, hot drink etc - the increased fluids always help SS (bm is 80% water) and the heat helps promote blood circulation so more milk travels to where it needs to go for output! Hope that makes sense.

Mrs Chua: I heard lochia can take up to a month or even 6 weeks (for vaginal delivery) to completely clear. My gynae says that the first few days is the worst; after that, it won't be much. I actually can't remember all this from my first pregnancy, haha. How easily we forget!

On a related note, is anyone still passing clots? This evening, I passed one clot - is this normal?

Tweety: Just saw Jerrell's pics on FB this afternoon - had a bit of time to browse FB for once - he's such a cutie! And you are funny lah, posting pics of your meals. I wasn't that happy with the Mt A food though the confinement soups were quite nice. Glad my MIL is helping me cook some stuff at home.

Ningyo - In place of a hot coffee, how about a nice hot cup of Mothers' Milk Tea? Contains fenugreek and other herbs to help boost supply and is caffeine-free. I am having a cup right now as I'm typing this msg. Nice!

Mummies in your moo moo career, jia nai and jia you.

Who else is still waiting like me, seems like a long way to go and yet I no longer have the energy to do a lot of things. Now am thinking should I take early ML to rest first before bb comes out! I still have not purchase most of my bb stuff and yesterday just walking from 313 to centrepoint, I already cannot take it. Breathless and a bit of fainting spell. Not sure if its relating to my low weight gain so far or that age is really catching up and making a big difference compared to my 1st one. These two days, I basically spent more time in bed! Not 100% sleeping as still cant sleep some time but just need to lie down.

Really what will happen after bb comes out. Hope I have the energy to take care of him!!

Pink: Eh don't make me jealous about your little kitten's appetite! My No 1 had a small (dainty!) appetite as well and it made TBFing a lot easier. This boy has a ferocious appetite. Like I think my milk has actually come in because I feel let-down reflexes when he's latched on, but I haven't been engorged at all (unlike with my girl) so I'm not sure. Getting stressed just wondering how I'm gonna produce enough to feed my Big Whopper. Already he is showing signs of being annoyed when the milk flow is poor, like in the evening, he latches off and cries/whines bitterly.

SookieWookie: Oh dear, you poor thing! Those nipple injuries sound bad. Mums are really the most resilient people, aren't we? I got a shock today because my bb had blood around his mouth, turns out my nipple was bleeding. Sigh. I wiped him clean, wiped my nipple clean, waited 5 mins and let him latch on again because he was hungry. My MIL got a shock when she saw the blood. I wasn't even concerned for myself, my only fear was, "is it safe for him to drink the blood?" etc. Aiyoh....

Back