(2011/04) Apr 2011

Totoro: You definitely need a lot of energy once bb arrives, and it helps to be prepared (not like me - I'm sending my hubs out to Ikea tonight to buy a changing station so we have one in the master bedroom) as it's tough enough once bb arrives. So yes, I would take the ML early and get some rest and to run those errands [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] You deserve it gal.

JAUNDICE Question

Hey gals, my bb has jaundice but the PD was not worried (his level is 11) even though she did say it could get worst over the next few days before it gets better. She just advised us to sun him in morning sunlight for the next two days (short periods) and to keep up the TBF to keep him hydrated. This PD is very pro-TBF so she says her "jaundice threshold" is higher than other PDs. Any thoughts? Is 11 quite high? What sort of warning signs should I be looking out for? I get worried when bb is sleepy because I've heard that's a sign that the jaundice is getting worse.

Ningyo: My two cents on breast pumps is that if you're going to pump then it's definitely worth investing in a good one. I love my PIS Medela (they didn't have Freestyle when I had No 1) and it was a good investment. So efficient to draw the milk out and we mummies already have such a tough time with other things, the last thing you need is to struggle with a less efficient pump a few times (or more!) each day, right?

Mrs Chua,

My last confinement I drink a lot of soup n drink a lot of cereal, cos I very hungry during confinement, Tat's y I drink a lot of cereal other then normal meal, I wil drink at midnight, once wake up b4 my breakfast ready, after lunch, I think about 5 packs everyday, Tat y I ms a lot n good enough for my twins n even got extra to store at fridge... My ms a lot n maybe cos I soup lover...If ur mum no cook soup, ask her to cook the mian Xian n egg with rice wine, put more soup....

Piggy.. Every time I will make 90ml of milk for him but he will only drink 60ml den fall asleep.. so I will keep the milk warm in the warmer for him cos he will wake up in a hr time to finish drinking it.. this is the case of FM.. if give him EBM, he will ask for more once after he poo or pee.. den if latch him he oso fall asleep half way.. as for lochia, I oso duno leh.. the first few days after ops, it seems getting lesser so I oso thought it gonna end but who know.. it seems getting more.. today already day 18, still quite a lot.. but not those heavy discharge la.. I notice fresh ones will come after I pump or latch.. is it ok?? I did LS once or twice so far ..

Voon.. me ytd night oso like this.. by the time I wan to fall back to slp, he already asking for milk.. so dun think I got slp lo.. really tiring lo.. ya, I oso heck care her.. sometimes she tok to me, if I dun like to listen, I will jus one ear in and one ear out.. hehe.. ya, tmr we can start counting down to end of our confinement.. tmr I still have to bring my boy to polyclinic for his jaundice check, hope it will be below 100 den dun need to go back.. I oso v heart pain to see him being poke every time.. PD dun poke is it? Den how PD determine the level of jaundice huh? I’m bringing my boy to PD this tues to see for his cough and flu review.. his cough and flu getting beta after the nasal spray to clear his nose block.. : )

Wah Lao~~~ The thread move so fast~~~ no time to read 1 by 1 liao lar...

Piggy,

Can I have the cake shop contact number? I will be only distribute cake for full month since I got not much friend here... Dun wan to get relative involve coz also my step father's side relative, not close...

Playtex milkbag

What means liner milk bag? Same function as mlkbag?

Mrs. Chua,

Old ppl is like that... During confinement they want us to eat hot hot food... Is better for us... She is concern about although she is nagging... Bear with it ya~ =)

Yolk,

My bb was jaundice level was 10.2 when discharge, so long below 20 is ok? I remember some ladies mentioned here before...

Yolk, ya it was a result of pushing and it's terrible when u sit down. Tot daflon suppose to ease pain but it oni reduce swelling. Lucky I realize and took pain killers in x. It's better now.

Jaundice, mine had it and upon discharge ONI 9.1. Went bk for chk 2-3days later shot up to 18.1! Which she had to admitted for photography otherwise can rent the machine home.

Hope nick jaundice will be better when he goes bk for review ya...

Mrs Chua,

yes it norm cos usu pumpin/latchin will help to contract our womb[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

PD will also poke 1 cos also bT mah tt y i find to check jaundice go PD v ex cos same type of test but v cheap...

Yolksac,

my PD above 10 will ask to stay 1 more nite liao wor.. but diff PD gt diff std ... i read tt once the feet turn yellow will consider v serious so mus look out...

Hippopolai,

i dun have the number leh anyway mus go down n pay to confirm 1... it opp beauty world dunno far n convenience for u anot...

bott liner is thinner no ziplock function but alot cheaper so if got lotsa milk use tt better jus tie a knot will do..

Piggy, I'm stress w her crying for milk cos it wld wake #1 up. So have to fast hand fast leg. This noon she ask for more after 1hr, i gave 40ml and she merlion! Piangz!

Mrs chua, give more they doze off dnt give more they wake up so fast!

My pd ONI ask me sun her so I really dnt knw when to stop sunning. It's heartbreaking to c them being poke. I dnt dare to c and waited outside, hubby was with her but the cries r killing.

yolksac

my girl jaundice during discharge is 20.0 but bcoz I TBF so PD allow her to go home & just sun bath. tdy she still look yellow. mil bought dunno wat to bath her. tml need to go bk for review hope dun need to poke for BT. but I feel sure kenna bcoz her eyes also look yellow ler. my#1 last time very mild only.

hippolai

wat time yr appt tml? mine is 3pm.

yolk sac: heehee.. cause Hippopolai loves the food here... so i posted the meal for her.. heehee.... i'm falling in love with my boy.. hahahaa... everyone says he looks like daddy!! =P

Gin

Fenugreek seeds can be found at spices store.. Like those in market, ESP from the Indians..Think only cost a few cents or a dollar.

Mrs Chua

Sometimes I put the funnel to my left or right instead of solely to the middle. I find that it helps, I will massage as I pump.. Depending on where the blocked duct is.. Cos the milk will spray from the opening, which u don know where.. So I will trial And error.if u have a lump on your left, then place e funnel to the right side so that when u ,pump, the nipple will point towards e left. As I pump I will massage and squeeze the lump so that more milk oozes out.. Hope it's clear.. Works for me well, not sure if ok for u..

My boy also drink about 80 ml, so I'm trying to pump 100-120 ml and trying to stretch to every 4 hrs.

Discharge

I'm still having mine, getting lesser. My massage lady say will every time after massage, the bad blood will come out.. Better, then your womb will contract and belly become smaller. I lost 3 kg in just 4 sessions.

Jaundice

The threshold level differs for each blood group.

Signs to look out for, if your baby keeps sleeping and didn't wake up for milk. The whites of the eyes is yellowish. Press down against the skin, if it's yellow then better go pd..

Piles

I was advise to eat more fibre and fruits..

No medication or anything..

Baby 26,

Hope you are able to go natural and have a smooth and speedy delivery!!

Mum05,

You don't like to latch?? I mean since you are expressing quite a lot of milk, latching would be more convenient and don't have to rush to pump if baby is with you??

Shice,

Yes you are TBFIng.. Since you are only giving ebm!! This is good!! =)

Tweedy,

He is really a replica of hubby!! Haha!!

Totoro,

I am still in the waiting game too.. Ugh.. Yes it is definitely getting harder.. But I don't intend to start ml till I pop.. Wanna save it.. But if it is very xin ku i would take mc.. Like last week i took mc on thuds and fri.. To rest.. Very tiring esp when you have to run around with #1!! I am hoping my little one will make an appearance soon.. Best if it is next week!!

Thanks for the info, Piggytoh, Hippopolai, smiggle, bbgoh and Vonn! Will monitor him. Anyway my regular PD returns next week (she has been away) so I may bring bb in to see her on Tues so she can have a look at him. So far he's been feeding every 2-3 hrs so I think he's ok.

Vonn, oh dear, how long did you push for? I always get nervous when Dr L shows up at my births, always try to push faster! I think both times 15 mins. Btw how did you find him during your labour? Very calm right?

Piggy.. Since still need to poke den go poly clinic will do lo. Cheaper cos onli pay abt $12 at poly.. If go pd, dunno how much Liao.. Jus like the other day I bring my boy to go pd see cough & flu, they charge us $100 for the nasal spray & consultation.. Hubby was like huh.. So exp ah.. Den we oso check with them on the 6-in-1 jab, their package price is abt $1k plus which I think is quite exp. Gonna check with doc @ poly clinic Tmr.. 

Voon.. Ya, give more or less oso prob lo.. So v hard to gauge now.. For me, I will bring my boy in for the poke, though I scare too but I prefer to b the one who is with him, able to comfort him during the poke.. 

Hippolai .. I know Wat she meant but jud that I already told her b4 she cook I pumping Liao but she seems purposely de, wan to cook Liao den ask me quick eat so I can stop pump.. I oso learn to heck care, 1 ear in, 1 ear out.. 

Tweety.. Everyone say my boy look like me. Den hubby abit jealous lolszz but i find bb looks changes everyday de so now might look like me, next day might look like daddy Le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Smiggleprincess.. Will try the method u Tok abt [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I trying to aim 100 ml too but is hard leh.. 

Mrs Chua,

PD $100+ tt time 1st time parent KS go PD heartpain now experience liao for jaundice go polyclnic can liao no need waste $$ lol~

ya PD sure hit $100+ 1 n not necesary gd tt y now we rather go to our family GP gd n cheaper... but $1k+ for 6 in 1 is too ex la .. btw ur boi if nose still blk can apply v thin bb vick on his chest n feet[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs chua,

Is your boy sleeping in air con?? Cos i find air con might be a bit drying on baby's small nasal passage.. So i actually got a humidifier to help de clog baby's nose.. When baby's nose is block.. It can also be very hard to latch baby as baby cannot breathe properly..

Yes PD is very ex!! And a $1000 for the 6 in 1 a bit too much!!

Gerry: heehee..

mrs chua: yeah.. my relatives was saying that babies changes very fast... so who knows when he grow older he'll look like me more.. heehee...

Piggy.. His blocked nose much beta Le after the nasal spray. I oso gt apply vicks for him.. So night time he slp quite ok.. The 6-in-1 is package from pd.. When the nurse explain to ke the package, I find it exp immediately.. Furthermore, the $1k not included of consultation charges.. & to b paid upon 1st jab.. Tmr I will check With poly clinic the Charges..

Tks Gerry.. That's very encouraging..

My nipples are so sore that I having phobia of latching baby le.. Still thinking whether to latch him or give him bottle later in the next feed.. My cl not helping much coz I got feeling that she dun like me to latch.. Have to wait for me to finish feeding baby then she can go back to sleep..

Gerry.. Ya, weather too hot so on air con for him to slp.. But i onli on it @27 degree.. Btw, Where to get the humidifier? How it works?? He is now much beta Le.. I agree $1k for 6-in-1 jab is really exp lo.. So most prob will choose poly clinic.. 

Tweety.. Ya Lo.. Den hubby today saw some mother & baby look alike contest, he say wan to submit our boy & my pics Lols 

Bbgoh.. ya, my mum dun make soup for me every meal de.. she only once a week make soup for me.. with DOM.. I thought got DOM so cannot pump/latch leh.. can ah? I duno wor.. For lotchia, my flow now abit more than the first few days, so I guess gonna be clear soon?

Mum05.. wow.. ur bb drinking a lot ah.. how heavy @ birth? My boy now every time will drink abt 60-70ml each feed, fall asleep for a hr or so den wake up for another round of feed.. actually I saw from Mar’11 forum that some mummies after establish supply, only pump after 6-8 hrs den can get 400ml of supply.. envy.. wonder when I can get such supply.. but if really got such gd supply, I think my boobs will explode liao.. haha btw, nobody can help u take care of ur #1 ah?

Yolk sac.. I heard natural lochia will be clear at a slower pace cos c-sect it is more or less clear le so not much left.. oh ya, where to get mother’s milk tea?? I currently taking fenugreek from GNC… did helps abit..

Baby26.. today I started drinking cereal too.. morn milo den noon cereal.. hope supply will increase.. : ) jus now supply increase 10ml (from 40-50ml) after drinking the black beans pork ribs soup..

Piggy,

Thank you!!!!!! Muacksss!!!!!!

Bbgoh,

Mine is 2pm!!!!

Smiggle,

If bb keep sleep but I able to wake her up for milk? Consider sleepy bor? Coz my girl only 6days old... So she still a sleepy bb at this stage... Right? I press her face, the skin seems abit yellowish...

Anyway, she is going for PD review tmr... Hope her level won't b so high else I will cry till eyes poke...

Mrs. Chua,

S$1k for 6 in 1 jab???? Robbery arh??????? Mine done at PD about 400 or 500 nia leh... Fo Terry lar I mean... Crazy lor...

Vivi and Mrs Chua, I got my Mothers Milk tea from Brown Rice Paradise at Tanglin Mall but heard that you can also get it from some pharmacies? Maybe the other girls here can help. Brand is Traditional Medicinals [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hippopolai, haha!! Yeah, that's daylight robbery!

Can I ask everyone? When your bb was around 4-7 days old, what is or was your feeding routine like? Feed every three hours? Pump every four hours? Same timing at night and day? On demand? Fixed hours? Trying to figure out what to do...

Ok off to wake bb for a feed at 11pm. He last fed around 8. Hoping he will feed well now then I can sleep until 3am before feeding him again.

Hippoplai.. I can't rem Wat is included Le but like Wat u say, is day light robbery lo.. Lols now v lazy go see Wat the package included, Tmr after check den update u all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yolk

for me bottle feed EBM my girl is 6days old she drink 60ml 3hrly my pumping also 3hrly I try to adjust my pumping 30min b4 hers so can direct give her fresh one. sometimes if she after feed & poo a lot then dun wanna slp my mum ll give her maybe 20ml again

Hi yolk, 1st x was vacum after I push for 20mins and 2nd time ard 15mins. Ya, calm and steady guy! The bakery piggy rec, if nt wrong, dr L clinic used to be next to it at bt timah.

Piggy, hw do we order? Gotta go down personally?

Mrs chua,

Can buy the humidifier from any electrical store.. Best denki r Harvey Norman..

Regarding lochia,

Mine lasted about 5 weeks.. Mine was natural delivery.. First 2-3 weeks pretty heavy ESP during latching.. After that quite light already..cos I remember by my 6 weeks review with gynae, she could do a pap smear for me already..

Shice,

If it is too painful, maybe just pump.. Do what is most comfortable.. But I think it is natural to feel the soreness and pain during the first month.. At least most of the mummies I know who have latched.. I have not heard of a mummy who tell me it wasn't painful.. Just have to ride it out the first month and then after that would be easy peasy.. After that it becomes 2nd nature.. I could feed my girl anywhere with ease.. No fuss..

Vonn,

ya mus go down n order cos they no website n they gt many diff package the packing quite modern I would say[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mrs chua/vivi,

the mother milk u can buy from BP or spree also too bad u gals stay too far I gt 2 box open 1 packet dun like the taste else can pass to u gals..

Tweety,

my #1 face no change since day 1 look like my hb till now lol was hopin he will change n look like me wahaha..

Yolk sac ,

since discharge my boy feed every 2-3 hrly if he sleep sumtime can drag longer bt I still pump 3 hrly..

Gerry, I dun mind latching, in fact I bought this pump mainly to supplement flow only but who knows tis bb simply can't wait and and due to her vigorous sucking, I had 3 cracks on 1 nipple, so resort to pumping til now...

Although the 'mother's mates' had served me well, but I'm too afraid to latch her on now, that's why the extra pack and the nipple shields I've bought on standby are stil intact...

Hello all!

Adrenaline rush from yesterday wore off! Whole day today just wanna sleep. Zzz. Latch bb until I almost doze off. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] anyone have feeling of uterus contracting in pain when Bf-ing?

Lynn I think is norma to feel uterus contract when you breast feed I also have this feeling first few days after giving birth and when I am on the pump

piggy

I can't find the playtex BP. if u happen to see it pls share the link, thanks in advance yah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mum05,

d mother's mate silicon pad seems soothing n I think ur sore nipple seems worst than mine. I also applied d medela purelan.

Mrs chua,

I also yearn for my koi milk tea! I'm supp to have 1 b4 I delivered n end up miss it so now have to wait 1 mth.

Yolk sac,

d mother's milk tea seems nice, will try to goggle on where to get.Tired of drinking Milo n d longan red dates. Tanglin mall is abit far for my hubby to get for me. He's now my errand boy,anything that I want or need will have to ask him to get but feels quite bad coz he also tired from work n looking after my 2 other kids.

Gerry,

hmm not sure how long I will be breastfeeding this time coz this should b my final 1. Got a feeling that I may stop about 4mths coz not convenient to pump in ofc.

I'm horrified that I'm not losing weight at all n d worst is that I still have 14kg to shed.Either my weighing scale or gynae's is not accurate.I gain 18kg including baby n after delivery,still have 14kg n it been close to a week n I'm not losing any weight n tummy still looks big. Sighzz don't know if there's ay cause of concern.

Btw, mummies who had natural delivery, do u feel any pressure or pain on ur uterus when u walk? I don't recall having such pain for my previous 2 Or is it that I'm overweight now that's y?

Hipopolai

Better to go check. Jaundice is most dangerous in the first week..

Contraction

Yes, bf will help to contract your uterus.. Help to shrink e tummy..

Mother milk tea

It does not work for me, I also have leftover.

Domperideone best, increase a lot. But need prescription.

Mrs Chua

When baby is bigger u can try using eucalyptus oil, burn some to make them breathe better. Baby so small, my cl say first mth try not to sleep Aircon.

Ok, good night mummies..

I in labour ward now, only 1cm dilated when I admit n the contraction about 5 mins interval on ctg which I can't feel tje pain actually.Can I know the level of contraction hit to how much when come to labour? I got hit to 100, but I feel the pain I still manageable just like poo feeling only....

baby26: i cannot remember the level of contraction but i know active labour started when my contractions were like 2 mins apart and when i felt like pooing it meant that the baby was starting to decent into the birth canal. Good luck.

Hippolalai: my boy's jaundice level was 7 when we left the hospital. but 3 days later, he was 13.5. Dr Ang AT, my pd told us that the level to admit was 14 but she thinks we can do it at home so that's why we rented the machine for 3 days, 2 Nights. but i must tell you, have to really keep watch cause have to turn them every 2 hours, rest 1 hour and when you put them on the tummy, you have to ensure they are always breathing. quite siong.

Ningyo: i have the exact same ache as you.. i was telling my husband its not like menstral cramp but a sharp pain at the uterus area when I am walking. Am going to see my gynae on Wed and will ask him about it. its pretty disturbing actually. sometimes I can't even walk when it hits men *High Five* on the weight gain.. (not that its any cause for celebration) but i still have 8kg to go.. lost only 4 kg out of which 3kg is almost the baby and I have given birth 1 week ago. i was just telling the girls before I feel so demoralised and yes, i wonder if there is a need for concern [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] this is so unlike my #1, where i shed weight faster and tummy shrank faster. sigh.

Yolk,

I currently feed my girl 2.5-3hrly... I pump after I latch my girl if she wants to latch... Else will just pump abt 3-4hrs apart... Sometimes cannot 3hrs sharp sharp... Haiz....

Piggy,

I want! I want! Sell to me!!!! I mean the mother's milk~~~

Shice,

Yup... Agree with Gerry.... The first few suckling motion is painful... After that can't feel le... Or ur bb just suck too hard??? That day my princess also 'bite' me... Feel like slap her that moment... Luckily no teeth yet... Lols~

Smiggle,

Thanks!

Sookie,

Haiz... Hope the result will be good... Urs starts with 7, can't imagine if mine shoot up... Sure admit de....

Hello mummies..: woke up to pump at 1 and 4.. Haahaa... Only managed to get 30+ml.. But still feel happy... My boy is drinking abt 45ml now... Tom can go home Le... Yeah!!!

Actually I find the service here okie leh.. The nurses here are friendly and helpful leh.. Maybe just the LC not so good la..

Hippopolai: the sample u meant is the FM in the bottle? What brand did they give u? They're feeding my boy enfalac now wor... Okie ma?? They gave me glass bottles for milk storage too.. Haahaa...

Baby26: Jia you Jia you... The initial contraction is just like mild mild cramp.. But towards the end.. The contractions is powerful!! Haahaa.. U'll feel like pooping but the interval of the cramps is longer and stronger...

Tweety, u still at tmc? I don't think I can walk around now, if not I can go visit u..

Sookie/ tweety,

When u start use the laughing gas? So far I haven't start using any pain relief...god blessed..

Baby26.. Yup.. Later can discharge Le.. Cause was pushed to emergency Csect cause bb's cord was ard his shoulder preventing him from coming out.. I didn't really use laughing gas.. I used once and I got scare... So endure throughout.. Heehee.. You're in labour ward already?

Back