(2011/03) Mar 2011

Milktea & Blueroti,

Correction, my ML's name is Fauziah instead of Fauzi. :p

Zenia, I'm interested in the video as well. Can I add you on FB?

pixie, you finished your confinement liao meh? Why you can drink bubble tea! Jealous!! I wanna drink too. I think can drink la, just moderately. 1 cup a day won't die and don't drink everyday loh... or drink after pump then wait till next pump caffine should be cleared?

lilprecious, my boy also same loh...gek gek until vomit milk (a bit milk). I also find his vomit as normal routine liao.. lol..

bf experts, I got one question. Can we warm the ebm then pour into thermal flask n bring out for bb next feed? Like that when we are out we just pour the warm ebm from thermal flask into milk bottle and feed bb? Coz thermal flask can keep the ebm warmed right?

If cannot, then we have to bring chilled ebm out in ftg cooler bag then bring hot water in thermal flask n when wanna feed must take a bowl pour hot water inside then dip the milk bottle inside the hot water in bowl to warm up??

Mummies

Those who's TBF your babies... My baby is 26 day old today... Now he is pooing lesser already...

First week only start pooing on the 6th day...

Second week of life - poo like 5-6 times a day

Third week of life - poo 2-3 times a day

Now is fourth week of life - Monday 2times i think

- Tuesday 1time only

Today so far haven poo poo lei...

Is it normal that their poo poo get lesser?

So far yesterday's one was a massive one, watery watery de...

Any cause for concern?

Fel, it's normal for bb on BM to poo less cos BM is well absorbed & has very little residue. My #1 used to poo once a week when he was about 3 months old.

2Ks, pointed akk more ex ah.. *faint*

So your Hubby called to order?

Can we decided on collection timing?

BTW, have u seen my baby pics on fb? My baby not much hair, evryone tot I shaved his hair already. *faint agn*

Aby warm ebm, 2Ks, do you use bottle/ food warmer? I tot we can leave the ebm in the warmer until baby cry for milk then can give him drink str away, no??!?

Ohdear.. I been doing that since one week plus back leh..

Pooh Bear, thks, wah SGD70 not cheap wor. Maybe I try calling Annie's first, hers is SGD50 and already I find it not cheap. Haha.. =P

Annie, ya I think once awhile milktea is ok hor.. hurhur.. =)

Jaime, milktea, annie

i haven't finish confinement. This fri is last day lah.

Actually everything in moderation lah. About wait 2hrs...I dunno leh. How caffeine resistance are you? If u drink a lot n no effect, may a cup a day of tea or kopi is ok. If u drink abit then cannot sleep or hve caffeine effects then I think wait for it to be over then can use the bm leh

scared mahfan....dun drink lor hahaha

Jaime...i agree,must cut some slack lah. Else will go crazy one leh

Abt yr ebm qn..Annie...

Tough one, never tot of the way to store ebm in thermal flask haha...ur brains power leh

for me, I have a bag of ebm, then put in a chiller bag small small one de...then I bring a thermal cup. Bottle into the cup. Save space. If need hot water, ask frm outside lor!

Never been rejected before

anderson ice cream

major fast food outlets

old town white coffee

ya kun

restaurants - only if u dine in there. Above ones are just walk up n ask kind

who have more pls add on...then we can remember the list of places willing to provide hot water [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pixiepixel, last wkend i go dian xiao er wanna warm my ebm... they provided me with their soup dish and hot water... coolz! they still commented my thermos flask cup too short, cannot submerge my milk bottle properly, need a long time to heat up my ebm lolz... aunties are very helpful de lor :p

Butter8

I sleep, on a good day 2hrs in daytime

if not no sleep like today.

But I turn in with my #1 at 8.30pm then wake up at night to pump eg 12midnight or 2am

night time I sleep avg 3hrs or so lah

I'm not very tired. Used to it liao I guess

milk tea...i tot my elder boy pass the viral to my girl...so its normal ah...coz my elder boy never fall sick unitl he enter IFC at 10 months..only very gassy tummy...at night sleepy..he wake up crying n fart fart fart..gave me all the colic on shelves etc...in the end no use lar..outgrow it in the end..

so when my girl was sniffing away..i was so heart broken..how come fall sick so fast..so i kind of blame on the bro who every day after school come n kiss her lor...

but 1 week oredi lor..still like tt leh..like 5-6am in the morning.she cannot sleep well coz i hear her mucus disturb her lor..i can hear her trying to breath smoothly..sigh..

the nasal drop cannot use more than 1 week..so stop liao...sigh..thinking whether should see PD again or not

butter8..in afternoon..i try to sleep once my bb in deep sleep..ard 1hours max...only gd days i sleep 2 hours if the bb knock off longer..sometimes half hour..depending on bb lor..sometimmes i damn tired..i latch the girl n fall asleep together..its very diff to fall asleep bright bright..i have an eye pillow...block off the light..if after 15-20 min cannot fall asleep...then iphone or FB lor...wat to do right..

pixie..i also half forgetted how to warm ebm..so chillled ebm in FTG ..bring out..then ask for warm water right..my boy was on ebm mostly last time..

last timme i never bring cup..i just ask restaurant for a good size bowl..but sometimes they give me all weird size lor...

but sometimes when warming the milk..the bb already crying his lungs out liao

so far i train the girl to latch..so now i haven bring out ebm yet...the difficulties is to find a seat or a nursing room...

so long got seat can nurse oredi..n luckily my girl drink quite fast..less than 10 min..she is happy liao..then zzzz..continue shopping [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ST,

actually as far as possible, i'm trying not to give any medi to bb leh... but noted with thanks regarding the "ridwind"... =)

ehhh.. mommies, how u all put ur bb facing down ah???

and by the way hor.. does ur bb smile at u? sob sob... mine only smile in his slp! never smile when awake one... i siao ding dong liao.. this kind of thing i also want to mind! my mommy said i crazy!

jaime, what did ur Pd say?

1st Pd was Dr Ong at Mount A. I told him my concern, he said it's normal, small nose small breathing channel. He told me slowly will ok de.

Then after we got a replacement of CL, she evrynight also tell me bb very diff to breath, keep yakking that something is wrong with baby, dun noe is mouth or nose. Said she looked after so many, never see baby breath so xin ku one.

Kindle shaken, we took video of baby's breathing sound and bring him to Pd at Kidzlink Jurong this time.

Pd see abit of the video then commented the same thing:

Small baby, small nose small breathing channel.

But he said baby got stuffy nose (previous Pd din said this).

He even told us, at night his breathing seems even more horrified bcoz parent too free, at night quiet so the breathing sound gets louder.

This week my CL cont nagging why Dr said nothing wrong leh, his breathing so xinku..

Act my baby breathing reli very xinku, esp when we bottle feed him. Like breathless, very loud. And he s esp kan chiong when feed/ latch. Like someone may snatch his milk lidat -_-

Sigh..

Using shampoo & body soap> I dunno can use or not...

But ive been using warming shampoo for confinement use...

Smells of ginger... (again) and no conditioner.... So im dying to use my own shampoo and conditioner..

We use dettol body foam at home and yes I use that everyday.... But I'm more looking at having a nice warm shower beneath the shower head.. Instead of scooping cups n cups of herb water and pouring over my head la.. Lol....

Awww.. I wanna eat akk!!! Yum yum.. Everyone commented chilli padi akk very nice.. Hee...

To think CL going back... Very sad...

Just now I teared while telling RY that auntie going home tmr le... Sob sob.....

milktea,

my PD also Dr Ong.. my bb also got lots of nose shit in his nose... then when drink milk... breathe very loud too.. even till now... but Dr Ong said so long never hinder his slp, milking and feels okie should b alrite.. ask us dun go n dig the mucus out... ehhh.. but i see also heart pain leh... got once in the middle of the nite his breathing very loud n hard...

Annie: of cos not la... I won't do that.. Risk of contamination and the bm won't be fresh anymore..

And I will dispose any milk warmed and not consumed after an hour...

I never c anyone who do it like what u suggest leh..but it's up to u la..

Milktea: any warmed bm.. If consumed If after an hour I will throw away... Even fresh pump ones I will only leave it an hour. Haven't touch saliva one maybe can put abit longer.. But definitely not 3-4 hours la... Cos the temperature in sg is much higher...

My #1 also not much hair... We shave him when he full month and he grow more hair after that... Maybe u can consider.

My Hubby called the everton akk then said sat collect between 10-11am lor.. Pointed ones must order one.. Round ones don't need

Mummies!!

I pump out two days and my CL feed with milk bottle, I realize he slowly dun want to latch on already!!! I damn panic now!! How? Can he slowly go back to latch on? Or better I just pump out fully and feed him?

pixie/2Ks, haha I thought if thermal flask can keep hot water hot, then must be able to keep warm ebm warm ma... that's why I thought of that. Save the hassle of warming ebm outside coz also dunno hot water outside enough to warm ebm anot.. My CL that time tried to use hot water put in bowl then put milk bottle with chilled ebm in it to warm but must do two rounds (change the hot water again) then can warm leh.. coz first round not warm enough.

Then my boy cannot wait type, if I wanna bring ebm out then I have to warm in advance and if I warm in advance n bb not wake up yet, then how? Or you all wait until bb wakes up cries for milk then u go ask for hot water n warm the ebm?

Sorry for asking so many qns on this coz I really no experience and dunno which way to do is the best, so need your expertise/guidance. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Milktea, yes, $70 for massage I will also think too ex. $50 per session I think is reasonable.

Jaster, same loh, i am trying to delay giving med to baby if possible but tk note of rid wind if things reli go out of control.

pls loh, smile in slp only, if my bb dun cry I very happy liao loh.

Annie: all babies hungry sure scream their lungs out.. I very kiasu.. I bring my own flask of water and my own thermal cup.. The water must be enough then one round water is more than enough...

I will store my ebm in ftg then bring out to warm.. Used to it already.. Anyway my diaper bag can hang on the stroller so its not heavy at all..

To add on my question, why you mummies don't want to just latch bb when outside then no need bring so many things like ebm, thermal flask etc? Isn't latching more convenient n faster? But why I hear experienced mummies like pixie and 2Ks bring chilled ebm out?

2Ks, I thought only my boy like that.. impatience.. cannot wait want. when he wakes up he straight away cries n scream for milk. Very hard to make him wait. It's impossible!!

So why must use thermal cup? is it because pour hot water inside n then the temperature can be enough to warm the ebm for one time? Maybe my CL that time use normal mug so the hot water not enough to warm the ebm? So I must go get one thermal cup, I don't have that... Ya, I think bring own hot water in thermal flask better, I won't have time to go ask for hot water. My boy cannot wait!

Mummies, sorry i bery loh so n panic mum but hor, wat is e weight gain for ur baby at 3rd week? Or one mth? I stil concern tat my boy didn't put on ideal weight leh.. He latch on 15 min then dozed off so I dono how much he drinkg but confirm my milk supply not high.. During daytime I can only get 40-50 ml total each time caz I latch on demand.. Low low supply despite mi takin e supplements n pumpin n latching.. Getting disappointed n so getting lazier Liao.. Dragging time to pump since not much milk anyway.. Sigh

Annie, my boy also like tat. Suddenly wakes up no warning then shout n cry loudly for milk Liao. He no patience too. N I only expect him to wait for mi to unbutton my pj n bra loh.. N he already screaming like I torture him n make him go hungry. Sigh. But each time latch 15 min he dozed off..

Btw, wan ask u all mummies, if I pump 15 mins, is e output same as I latch 15 mins??

Annie

that time my #1 I exclusive pump. No latch. That's why bring ebm out.

I also bring ebm out for my gal this time round too. I dun hve nursing shawl and she takes a long long time to drink frm my breast. Even if I allocate the time for her to latch I think she will take max 80% of her intake n zzzz n cannot wake up to finish her supposed feed. So I still feed her ebm outside lo

milktea, Jaime

my #1 same breathing prob as you have described and my pd said the same thing too abt narrow nasal passageway. Also used the nose drops as prescribed...abit of use only leh

eventually after few mths old outgrown the prob liao. Now hear very xinku but no choice have to wait for them to grow up one de

Annie

I use thermal cup coz I got no bottle warmer n thermal cup keeps the heat inside longer mah. At home, I throw a thick towel over the cup so that the process gets speed up even faster

babybride, my boy same! Cannot even wait for me to unbutton my pj!! Cry n scream in the middle of night until my parents wake up think I cannot handle him.. faint...

pixie, so when you are outside, will you warm your ebm when bb wakes up or you will warm in advance then wake bb up to feed?

Annie: latching is convenient but to be frank nursing rooms in sg is not really that clean la, sometimes smell of poo.. Then hor latch like no ending, they can't last like a couple of hours..

Like my boy, he latch one side then zzz le, push the other side to him he die die dun wanna open mouth..

Then less than an hour crying again then I got to find plc latch him again. It's very disruptive u know..

At least if feed ebm, they confirm last longer..

If in the car I dun mind latching la, outside I dun really like it..

Annie: yes I used thermal cup, can keep the water warm longer instead of normal cup..

But are u using tommee tippee? It's fatter than normal bottles right? Might hv prob finding a right size...

Annie: if bb screaming outside while warming the milk I just stuff him the tutu and carry him awhile lor..

The crying is only these few months cry loudly, they slowly will not be like that..

I haven't intro the tutu this time round cos cl said no need and she around to handle the crying.. But When she leaves I prob use the tutu

Pixie: u got use tutu bor?

Annie- think it will be better to warm e milk when bb demand for it.. Try to pacify bb while waiting for milk to be warmed loh..

Soma thermal cup is better in warming mik? At home I use normal cup than when put chilled Ebm into e boiled water, first time round When swirl e milk, e milk sti cold de..'than must change another cup of hot water n put milk in than e milk Wil be like warm..

Wow..

This thread really move fast..

I started pumping since yesterday but no breast milk, hiaz..

Started taking domperidone...

Must buy fenugreek seeds and buy tea Liao...

2Ks, thanks and noted yours! But if don't latch outside then have to bring pump out to pump? Otherwise cannot go out more than 5-6 hrs leh.. Rocks will burst! lol.. So many things to carry out.

Ya, I got use tutu but sometimes when he wants milk, he reject tutu when we give him.. He will scream even louder if we try to push tutu into his mouth wor.. Fierce boy...

2Ks, your memory so good, still remember I use tommee tippee bottle. Ya loh, I also thinking just now where got thermal cup that can fit tommee tippee leh. What bottle you using? Maybe I should get another brand of bottle for going out use. Thermal cup leh? What brand?

Thanks for sharing tips always...

ST, you so funny.. But I do understand your fear.. When my boy sleep too much in day I also will shake head and tell myself no need sleep that night liao.. haha... now everyday sleep not more than 6 hrs.. And these 6 hrs are like disrupt sleep, every 1-2 hrs sure will wake up one. Not whole stretch of peaceful 6 hrs sleep.

Sinmey: ntuc got endo brand... But those cheaper ones hor can't tahan too lOng..

I m using thermos brand cos that the only one that is fat enough to fit the pigeon bottle that my elder was using that time.. But the cup spoilt le, no longer thermal.. So I using a normal thermal cup... Going to buy one soon

Annie: for the 2nd month, I prob won't go too far beyond 4 hours.. Then by 3rd month, supply stable down le then I can miss one pump.. That's means 7/8 hours no pump, come home then pump lor..

U using freestyle right can pump in car Ma...

U better decide what brand bottle u wanna use.. Usually stick with one brand one la.. I dun think at home use one brand then go out use another brand is workable.. Unless the teats same la...

2k - So your thermal flask, you put hot water inside or warm water?

So go out must be EBM put in FTG, bring thermal flask and thermal cup...

Hmmm... My hubby will confirm say im gg to war... haha... Bring so many barang barang...

Really envy all the mummies who major in the moo moo career... I really flop mine.. No matter how much i tried.. I can only get 60 to 90ml both side.. Its been 40 days since hifza is born n i really give up in the moo moo career..

Question :

Its a hot night tonight.. Can bby sleep in aircon room? I on the aircon at 25deg but Hifza makes alot of noise n keep on fidgeting in her sleep and so i decide to switch off the aircon.

2nd question :

I've not been pumping diligently for the last few weeks.. I only pump twice a day.. Issit too late to start pumping every 3 hr now to increase supply?

Puan Sri,

Bb can sleep air-con room, but not too cold, n don't directly blow to bb- comfortably cooling will do; the only thing is bb may get used to cool cool environment then next time must always on air-con for bb.

Qns 2; last time for my #2, I was send oversea for work for 1 month which is 6 month after birth; I actually forget to pack my breast pump for this trip =P, so i only manage to hand squeeze at nite, breast become engorged, lumpy, super painful n subsequently, almost no milk ... when i return i resume the pump n latch routine... after abt 1 week , supply actually return to normal... so i think ur not too late to try to increase milk supply now... all the best!

ST & Annie, sama sama lah...my boy slept like an angel in the day today...now terror at night...kept crying incessantly...sigh!

Puan Sri, pumping twice a day is definitely not enough to up supply...try 3 hr interval...take supplement...u can c if it works...

Lailai, hi-5! I'm joining u now...! My boy cranky n cried even after feed/change diaper/slept awhile... My mum had to come out help me pacify him n put him in sarong.. So now I am sitting, shaking the sarong while typing... Lol... Xiang bu dao also got mummies like me! Haha... Nvm la, morning then I sleep.. But also the most sleep 4 hrs then have to wake up n pump milk n eat lunch..

2Ks, I using TT bottle hard to find thermal flask big enough to fit tt bottle de.. Hiyo headache...

Okay, got u. So from 3rd mth onwards if really need to go out long can skip a pump since by then SS should be stable le.. Yes, i can pump in car with my freestyle.. But if bring Bb out then need to pump in car abit inconvenience. Unless Hubby alone can handle Bb then I can pump in peace if really needed to...

Annie, u steady lah...type & shake sarong at the same time! Lol...my MIL helps me carry him to zzz lor...what to do...think I can't let him zzz too much in the day...

Wah freestyle pumping in car? How??! Need poncho to cover right?

Royalchoc, my bb always farts...sometimes it is fart sound...sometimes it is actually poo sound. His pooing sound like farting also...and I kana his shooting poo a few times oredi!

Reporting in live after my 2am pump. 2am bb cry for milk, too late to warm ebm, so latch n dong. Then after latching still hungry, warm up ebm and feed bb. Take out pump parts frm sterilizer n #1 wake up. Put #1 back to sleep oredi 2.45am haiz....only now then finish pumping n washing....

6hr interval only 330ml

2ks

yes I giving tutu but bb not very keen on tutu. #1 time is addiction leh

annie

I look for cues as to when to warm. Ard time is due for next feed n bb moving abit I will quickly warm up ebm. If bb sleep thru then I won't. At most bb cry a while, it's ok for me. Bb cry all the time wat dun néed to scared cry the shipping centre down or what

I using pigeon too like 2ks. Thermal cup is those corporate gifts. I don't have thermal flask for hot water. Maybe I should get one or maybe not...continue being bochup n borrow hot water outside?? Still considering lah

next time fm time also need hot water mah hor....hmmm

when u go out sure by then 4/5/6hr interval liao. I never bring my pump outside for pumping. I think once only leh in my whole bfding career

last weekend I attended n helped in a wedding dinner I also bochup, pump at 4pm n next one at 12.30am...infact I got more output

Haha....mi too...true lor at times is false alarm but their poo poo can be quite massive one lor...mine can poopoo 2times within 30mins...

My hubby juz concern that y bb keep hvg that fart sound.....Thks for replying....

Eh, me also using TT bottles, hard to find themo cup wor, then how?

Annie, I also like you, thinking of how to go out, I tot can latch but seems like bb only like latches for 5-8 mins... Sure not full, then eh eh eh... So irritating... Vert tempted to do exclusively pumping..... But but.. Every time see her suckling.... I just feel so right... Haiz....

Royal hoc, your bb TBF? If yes, it's normal... My bb can poo poo 3 times within the 10 mins... Lol.. Really shitty one!

Back