(2011/03) Mar 2011

Annie: yes dr ho's charges can kill! But I very lazy to check out other gynae. Hopefully company claims and medisave can help a bit here and there. I am for natural delivery so gynae who can stitch well is impt.

Hi Hi ladies...

I'm just back from the gynae's place.. both arm and buttock pain pain [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Initially i just want to make an appt with Dr Fong Yang 2 weeks later, but his nurse insisted me to go down to do blood test wor... so bobian loh..

the idea is to do blood test for today and thursday, so as to see whether the hormomes increase sufficiently. Then he gave me a jab since i'm complained of having cramps... gave me some utrogestan pills too...

I'm 5+ weeks preggie liao, doc said next week can scan liao, provided blood test ok..

praying hard now...

Annie,

Can i ask at four weeks, wat did the scan show? Linning only or got sac alrdy??

TIA. =)

princess_panda, yes, Dr. HK Ho's charges are very expensive!!! heard his consultation is already $80 (normal gynae around $60) then still got scanning, medicine, etc... add up sure over $150 per visit if including scanning and medicine?

prettymimieyes, yes, Singapore Women Clinic is at Clementi Road.

poky, my gynae tried to do an ultra-sound scan on my tummy but can't see anything, so end up did a v-scan and can see sac already.

gals, last night I have slight brown lumpy discharge leh! Then I so frightened faster asked my hubby to check online about brown discharge and hubby said it should be normal as long as there is no severe cramps or bleed. *phew* Please remember to monitor your discharge everytime you go to toilet.

Fish, YES! We're really excited about it... very much looking forward to it! I pray that everything will goes well. I also told my close friends that I'm pregnant le and my boss (coz need to take mc frequently so have to inform them early). Some of my colleagues and friends guess it from my pale looking face, some symptons like backache, running to toilet, changed from heels to flats... lol...

hihi

hmmm....not sure when my edd...think either beginning mar or end feb...think will just join this thread for the time being...keke....my 1st apt suppose to be on 16th july...but i'll be away...thus changed to 22nd July'10....

morning ladies!!!

re: pimples breakout

im having breakouts too since last week and i tot AF is coming.

but since i tested +ve and still have breakouts then it might not be true.

re: announcing pregnancy

so far only my hubby and my 2 close frens who know about it plus u ladies in this thread and the ttc 2011 thread.

i havent told anyone else even my parents or pils as i always make sure i at least go for my first scan the will tell them.

for other ppl i will only tell after the first trimester and that is also if they happen to ask.

why i pantang?

its cos last year i lost my near to 8 weeks old baby.

Annie, ya lor! reli too exciting about this! then our close friends lei! how to keep our mouths shut when seeing them!! we share all secrets to each other! i reli dono how to keep this secret from them for 3 mths at least!!!

let's pray harder tt everything will be fine!! wahahahahaha!!!

lynzi,

sorry to hear this!!!

okie!! let's all pray very very hard that this time.. we all can have health BB and let's become happy mummy in March 2010!!!

Hi ladies,

Gynae advised me to avoid the following things. Wanna share [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

During 1st trimester:

1) No exercise

2) No housework

3) No shopping

4) No chemical treatment (ie. hair coloring no-no, facial lighting ok)

5) No intercourse

Lynzi, that period must be very bad for you and your hubby. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Fish, yes, I also tried hard not to announce but friends who know me well can tell easily tell that I am just not myself and when they asked I also don't want to lie, so just nod head to them. My parents and PIL were the first to know and I also surprised their friends know! OMG!! I try not to think patang. Anyway, I am a catholic, not supposed to be patang. Just trust that God will bless me and baby well. *pray*

It's hard to avoid all housework, shopping for three months leh... but will try to walk lesser and not carry heavy stuff.

annie: is it useful to see him this early? did he take a blood test to see if everything is growing? i am 4 weeks plus.. not sure whther to see gynae this early.

I'm thinking of rebonding my hair. haha. shall wait after the 1st trimester then. Erm, but why no shopping? haha.

Hard to avoid strenous exercise, my gal is about 9kg, always wanting me to carry.

Ya!! i think we better dont do anything on the hair 1st.. wait after 1st trimester then touch all the chemical!! I have been drinking the milk powder for pregnant woman.. u all got drink???

actually, dun think it's more of a pantang issue. First 12 weeks of preg is usually when miscarriage will occur. So that's why many choose to tell only after 3 mths. For me, i've not seen and hear the little life, scarly not preg. Ops!

prettymimieyes, I also thought is too early to see a gynae... but when I was at the clinic, the nurse said I can see him now to confirm the bb is growing in the womb and not outside. They said there are some ppl bb will grow outside womb and that is dangerous. Why is it not safe to see gynae early leh? I didn't take any blood test leh. Maybe still not time yet? I only did a v-scan... to check that sac is there n is in the right place.

Chen, better don't carry too heavy thing or your 9kg daughter! so heavy!! Ppl keeps warning me don't carry heavy things and walk too long. Risky.

BTW, can rebond meh? I thought the chemical is strong and harmful? My gynae also advised me better don't do any chemical treatment on my hair, coz both the smell and chemical can affect bb.

Fish, I don't dare to drink milk and eat cheese. But I tried to drink strawberry milk which lighten the pure milk taste and I eat Oat biscuit which is high in calcium. I am going to ask my gynae if I need to take calcium pills on my 2nd visit.

thanks for the concern, ladies.

at that time didnt even know i was preggy..it was no planned so me and hubby just accept what fate has dished to us.

i dont do much housework since knowing about this.

but carry heavy things very hard..

if chen's child is 9kg then mine is 13kg and wanting to be carried most of the time by me only as he is very clingy to me.

last nite he even went on top of me while i was lying down..he lied down on my body and said "where baby" with his eyes wide open..hahaha..and to think we have not even told him.

now i must think of how to prepare him for this new addition to the family.

lynzi, your boy sounds cute! He sensed a sibling...

Fish, I'm puking on almost anything milky or cheesy. Am avoiding them, though they're really good stuff.

Annie, calcium is a must. Both you and baby need it. Which is why most mummies get tooth decay after birth. haha.

Yalor, very difficult not to go shopping for 3 mths. In fact, I broke the ban straight after the gynae visit. Went shoe shopping and bot a pair of flats.. -_-"

Currently, I only take folic acid and utrogestan pills. Later will go and buy Milo (to replace Kopi), ribena (to overcome the metallic taste when drinking plain water). Me afraid of milk taste, maybe try chocolate milk bah... Mmm, when can we start eating bird nest?

Hi mummies...

Joining the thread... just got tested positive yesterday and going for my first gynae appointment next monday... =)

wow! seems all cant take milk! haha!!! nowadays i also drink milo (to replace kopi).. haha!!!

AirMez, what is utrogestan pills? as for bird nest, heard tt we cant eat during our 1st trimester. We can have after 1st trimester!!

Lynzi, your boy is cute! My friend who is expecting her second now also had her daughter pointing at her tummy and telling my friend she has got two babies inside her and that is when my friend went to check up and found that she is pregnant. I think small kids have strong sixth sense leh!

I thought I am the only few person who is afraid of milk taste, however seems I am not the only one here. hehe. Fish and AirMez, try to drink flavoured milk and eat food with calcium content loh. Like soya bean milk, sardins, bean curd, oat, brocolli!

I don't know when can start to drink bird nest, but my mum already made me Cordyceps tonic. My mum says this is much better than bird nest. $20 for the Cordyceps (per serving) very expensive though.

hi all,

currently, my symptoms are pimple outbreak and sore boobs.. and I know this sounds weird, but does anyone seem to have excessive thirst?

I know some forums said that this might be leading towards gestational diabetes.. but my cravings for anything sweet or chocolate has stopped. (goodbye chocolate cake. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif])

Fish, I think the utrogestan pills are progestagen hormone treatment. Think the purpose is to support the bb.... Gynae ask me to take, i take loh... but quite drowsy...

Oh Annie! Heard that Cordyceps are good too!Hiasu abit, eat everything lah! but siong on wallet loh... haha.

I heard from my fren's gynae that drink more H20 can help to prevent stretchmarks wor....

Hi mimieyes, you mean my gynae visit? I've yet to see her, planning to go on my 8th week. That's 2 more weeks to go... hee. I'm only taking folic acid for now.

prettymimieyes, I paid total of $142 for consulation, scan and two kinds of medicine - Folic Acid and the other one I forgot its name but is for an tai as told by the nurse. To be taken at night one.

mimieyes, cos for my 1st preg, I think I went kinda early. Gynae did nothing much, except scanning and giving folic acid. So this round, hopefully to save some consultation fee, I decided to visit later. haha. The wait is torturing, I wana see and hear the little baby.

I had morning sickness about week 5, but I think there's not much help to it, other then letting the days go by. Torturing!

any of u feeling bloated?

my tummy been feeling bloated since monday and i dont feel comfortable wearing my normal skirt.

My gynae just called for my 1st blood test results. My hormone(progesterone)is good (>100), as for bb's hormones (beta HcG) is 8K, have to see tmr blood test whether got doubled in 48 hrs.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Ladies,

I have also tested +ve in late June.. This is my 3rd pregnancy but 2nd child...My prev twin pregnancy ended in my 5th month. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I have seen my gynae but have not scanned yet as he was saying it is too early. My next visit to see him is tmr to scan the sac..

I hope everything will be fine!!!

Hi All, been so busy at work! Finally found some time to read all the older entries.

Really? Can't have intercourse in the first tri? Hmm, wait till I tell my husband ahahaha. Will ask my gyne when I see her end of the month.

My heavy lifting is my 10.8kg daughter, I'm not allowed to put her down once I come home [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] for bout 30 mins only lah then it's her bath and she'll sleep by 8ish.

I don't think you can't exercise, you just shouldn't run or lift things above your head which are too heavy. So I force myself to go on boring 30 minute walks every day. I also think if you do some exercise it helps with MS, cos I didn't have MS for my first and so far nothing. Spoke to another friend who's super fit, same thing, no MS. Walking, swimming, some light weights is good!!

No shopping...faint, unless it's a major spree or a major sale where there are crazy people, I don't see the issue.

I hate housework so no issues there ahahaha.

I had to stand from 6pm to 11pm after a whole day at the office because I was on duty and in heels. Had a slight tingle of a cramp, so I found a seat for 15 mins and felt much better.

My symptoms are my face is all sensitive, 2 angry pimples and some reddish blotches, same when I had #1. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I think some of my closer friend will notice, I refuse to tell ppl till I've cleared 12 weeks. So far only my husband (duh), my Mom and one my friends know (so I have someone to talk to!). So pimples, thirst, I eat less but want to eat more often and I cannot eat oily, too spicy food or I get reflux, blah, esp at night.

Waiting till the end of the month to see if the baby is safe and sound is KILLING ME!!

ah.. airmez.... we are seeing the same gynae!! I was reading thru and thought the protocol u going thru the same as mine...keke...

Utrogestan and blood test... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I had my 3 blood tests completed and will be seeing him tmr to scan for sac...

I am very worried and anxious...

Back