(2011/02) Feb 2011

Congratulations Wenzi, Choc and Wannabel! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Miffytan, I am also 2cm dilated with no signs of labour. Is it really necessary to induce? Or are you past yr due date already? just curious

Congratulations Wenzi, Choc and Wannabel! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Miffytan, I am also 2cm dilated with no signs of labour. Is it really necessary to induce? Or are you past yr due date already? just curious

@wish_child: Hope the pain won't worsen tonight. And I had leg cramp in the middle of the night too! Haha~

@Ah Ching: Confinement can eat macdonald meh?

Hi trinket:

I tried feeding bb more often but worried that it become habit and she wakes up more often at night.

also notice she latch for less than 10 mins if I shorten the feeding interval.

if I wait until 3 hours, she'll latch for abt 20 mins.

cleared my freezer and put 2 bottles of ebm for freezing liao.

btw, which milk bag is better? storing in milk bags is better than bottles?

pinkyval: I lazy to cook lei, food havent defrost and hungry so order Mac lor..

tonight will be tabao food from outside when I go fetch my son from CC.

just to share with fellow mummies here who do not have FB. I am ordering BOOTS milkbags 40packs at $9 each - works better than Lasinoh which costs $16-17 for 50pcs. I m ordering for our fellow mummies and managed to bargain the prices for diff ppl -( no profits one ah) I will self collect - ask my daughter to help from the ppl selling. initially only 17 boxes were avail from one mummy and as few mummies wanted more - i sourced frm other mummies - those wanna sell $10-12 per pack - best bargain i got $9 - its double ziplock and works like lasinoh - i used them myself before.. lemme know if u want so i can tumpang all orders together

FB mummies sure fast leh - they transfer money also liao - hehehehe. so i am just helping coordinating for mummies save a bit of money - there is about 30-50 boxes more for grabs for this one mummy.

Ah ching - you may want toconsider this. mummies have told me wanna send them by post - throw away the box - so i will do it all at once - i must check the weight and help send out if mummies cannot come collect at Pasir ris - my place or east mrt stations - can get my daughter to help [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ah ching - last time my freezer also mixed with raw stuff -mum compained as we cnt stock up on raw food, ice cream - but got noc hoice- -i freezed abt 60-80 bottles and 100++ bags laid flat - jhad to throw some when over the 3 mnth period and my maid didnt take those packed behind [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] then when i got preggie w this one and moving house - my brother gave me his fisher and paykel freezer- if only it was avail back then - so now i m glad to have more space now - so no more worries - i have bottles, avent via cups, liners and milkbags all on standby. I must encourage myself to fill all those up.

soon becoming one big cow liao....

@Ah Ching: Hope you are coping well and do try to rest whenever you can.

RE: Alcohol

Just to share that I read from a chinese newspaper article (on confinement) as well as a Childbirth book from TMC, mothers are actually advised to avoid it esp if they are nursing as it can be transmitted via breast milk to the baby. if mothers must have it, try to cook or double boil and drink only at night.

Wonder how true this is..

Re: sterilizing pumps

As I am exclusive pumping without latching on at all, during the first week I also felt like an idiot when I was sterilizing my pump 12 times a day. Then few days back I was looking for a solution and found a support grp for exclusive pumpers and they said actually dnt need to sterilize after every pump.. As bm is good in fridge for a whole day, u can actually pump then keep the parts in the fridge till next pump for 2-3 times before sterilizing them again. 2-3 times means not sterilizing them for about 6 hours.. So if u pump only more than 6 hours apart it's better to still sterilize them for safety..

@bigflamingo: mine was 38 wks 4 days. Bb is nt overdue, it's just tt I hope bb can come out earlier since she is already full term and doc gave the green light. Hope this clarifies. ;)

Nian Ci:

RE: Alcohol

Yes, mummies who are breastfeeding are advised NOT to consume alcohol as it will pass to baby. Unless it is cooked or boiled (so that the alcohol content is evaporated), then it is safe to consume. This is what i learnt from my pre-natal class.

Rachel, Talk to your bb. Maybe she will come out during cny. =) Wow so fast ur bb already full term. Mine still got another 2weeks to go. =)

Nian ci & Kittyki, Thanks for the info =)

Hello mommies. While you pm me your facebook address can also include your Forum nick? So i can update the name list in facebook group. Thanks you =)

Hi mummies & MTBs,

Anyone interested in getting a neck float for your baby?

Comes in 3 designs:

Winnie the Pooh

Disney Princess

Thomas and Friends

Will order only if MOQ is met.

Each at $16, kindly PM me or email me at [email protected].

Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5066622.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5066623.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5066624.jpg]

Hi Mummies,

Sorry to interrupt this thread.

I am selling my Medela Freestyle pump (US set). Purchased in Sep 2010, used less than 10 times as I prefer to use manual pump. Selling for S$380.

Contains the following:

1. Medela Freestyle Pump (pump, black tote bag with buttercream trim, tubing, 4 collection bottles in a DayCarrier with a cooling element, handsfree pumping accessories, 1 pair of Soft Fit Breastshield

2. 1 piece of Personal Fit Breastshields for Medela Freestyle Breastpump - Size 27mm

3. 1 piece of Medela Easy Expression Bustier Bra - White - Medium (never use before)

4. 1 set of Avent conversion kit (can use avent bottles instead of Medela bottles)

Kindly PM me if interested.

Morning Mummies,

5 days to CNY, hope my bb can tahan until then.

Wonder how is Zantarina now. Didn't see her post since her last post.

Wish all mummies a great happy weekend [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

joodz: thanks on the post abt sterilising breast pump..

will the breast pump remain sterile if I put the parts in a ziplock bag after sterilising it?

thinking that I will sterilise the pump and bring to work in ziplock bag..

after pump, put back in ziplock bag and put in the fridge until next pump.

Am lucky cos I have found a nanny for my gal very near my work place.

so I can bf her and drop her off for abt 5 hours with the nanny.

so she prob need only 1-2 feeds during the time at the nanny..

idaar: I'm not sure abt milk bags cos I have never use before..

what's diff between liner/ milk bags?

Actually I already have more than 30 storage bottles on standby. so do I still need milk bags?

will be storing in my existing freezer.. so prob cant store a lot of ebm, maybe just for 1-2 weeks supply.

@ah ching - u still carry ur normal routine even u r on confinement nw?

@wishchild - tks for adding me!

@miffy - congrats and update us ur birth story!

@jolin - sure u can enjoy ur cny and talk to ur bb!

Going for my review later and wish me luck! Hope my bb is fine and will only pop out after cny! Great day and happy wkend to all mummies!

ah ching - depends on you - if you have much supply - then bottles not enough.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] aneway pls try to rest as much as you can

yah.. wonder where is zanta - i guess she went induce or something after her check up at TMC?

Ah Ching, Mrs Ong:

Thanks.

I am going for my weekly check up (38 weeks) tomorrow.

Hope bb is not too big [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ah Ching,

Please rest as much as you can. You are still in confinement period. My sis didn't rest well when she was in confinement, end up now she having very bad backache.

Take care ya

Hi dear mummies,

Just a quick update on my 39 week checkup this morning. CTG is good, then gynae did a VE. It felt like she pushed in quite far! She said she could feel top of baby's head although not quite fully engaged yet. Also, no sign of dilation or contractions. Baby's weight is between 3.1 - 3.3 kg and mummy shows no signs of water retention.

So I will continue to wait for spontaneous labour at home, but will opt for induction on 5th Feb 0000 hr (actual date of EDD) if nothing happens by then. My gynae is not keen to wait longer than 40 weeks as she is worried about aging placenta.

After weeks of telling baby to stay in, now I need to tell baby to come out :p It's so exciting that the countdown is in its last days, although I will surely miss the feeling of baby inside...

Meanwhile, reading all the news of mummies popping recently is giving me lots of mental support ... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Jia you, all mummies!

Ah Ching: that's what I will be doing as well.. Because the milk left on the first pump is still fresh and will only expire in 24 hrs so u can still use it for 2-3 times before next sterilization.. But this is not sterilizing.. It's only making it as safe to use as possible without sterilizing.. If u really want to keep ur pump parts sterilized, u can buy sterilization tablets.. Watson have under baby lotion section.. U dissolve tablet make a mixture and u can use the mixture up to 24 hrs for sterilizing.. Each time u just need to soak the parts in it for 30 minutes. That's another alternative. For me since I aim to pump only 2-3 times back at work I don't think I wanna buy the tablets.. Abit like waste money..

Princess jia you and hope all is fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Moomoo dun worry u will deliver a healthy baby! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I just returned home from hosp, manage to bf and pump colostrum in hosp, milk has yet to come in. Baby latch on well but sleepy hee.

Baby jaundice lucky at acceptable level, so he is sleeping beside me now. Going to nap and perhaps try to express later.

Zanta hasn't delivered yet, waiting for dr's advice. Think she will post later.

Hi mummies,

Just went for my check up this morning. Had a roller coaster of mood. Haiz. When I did the scan my gyane said "Ok good, he'll be a CNY baby cos head's still not engaged.". Then I was soooo happy! But cos I lost weight so I have to do a CTG again. And as my baby was sleeping it took me very long cos the nurse said the baby has to move. If not they'll have to send me to the delivery ward and continue doing it. But after they came to shake my baby thrice, the scan is finally done. And after showing my gynae, the nurse told me there's sign of a bit of contraction shown on the graph. I was so worried! Then I asked them will my baby come out even if the head's not engaged. They said no. But I said those premature their head also not engaged mah. And they said not necessary and theirs are different case. I'm so worried after hearing that. Don't know why. Maybe I'm too stress in wanting to have a rabbit baby. I asked my gynae will my baby come out when the head's not engage and she didn't really answer my qn. She only said let it be natural. If he wants to come out also can't stop him. She said she's not worried about the contraction. It's only a matter if he'll come out after CNY anot. Then I said that's what I'm worried about. Lol~ But I think the contraction shown is Braxton Hicks cos I feel no pain... Only the harden of tummy. I hope my baby can wait till after CNY. My next visit will be on CNY eve. So worried. =(

hi Ah Ching,

playtex liner is good..cheap and good especially you have alot =)

If I were you, I will just pump before it is full (i.e. half an hr beforehand) then your body can have enough time to produce milk when it is time for ur girl to feed

Jia You super mom!!!

hi mummies..

is it normal to have pile during preggy.. i found out that i have one yesterday.. a small tiny one.. OMG.. maybe due to contipation the passed few days.. n trying hard to poo.. that y it came out.. will it grow bigger? omg.. got to suffer another pain..

hmmm... seem like everyone on holiday mood.. not much posting these two days.. the weather is so nice today.. how i wish i m at home lazing on my bed.. another 3 hrs to go before my LONG LONG holiday..

had taken leave on mon, Tue & wed..will be back to work only on 07.02.2011... hurray...

going to shop till i drop these two days.. n make some yummy cookies...hahah.. hope i can tahan..

going chinatown to squeeze through the crowd over the weekend for the last time..

HAPPY NEW YEAR all Mummies.. it time to enjoy before we popping..

@Jolin, @Idaar: Thanks alot for your concern, I was busy yesterday so I didn't come in to update myself as my FIL was admitted to hospital after bringing me for checkup yesterday.

During yesterday's weight scan, the sonographer told me that my baby is weighing at 3.475kg but she also told me that at this stage, the weight might not be accurate as it depends on bb's position. So she told me to +-300gms from bb's weight. She then showed me my bb's face and told me she has got chubby cheeks!! I was so happy to see my bb's front view for the first time but too bad my hubby wasn't there and thus didn't get the chance to see her so I asked sonographer to take a pic of her face so I can show it to hubby. After seeing her face, I suddenly felt that everything is so real now and I really would like to hug her and also pinch her chubby cheeks!! Hehe..

After the scan I waited outside while the sonographer called my gynae up and she told me my gynae will call me but till now I haven't receive any call from him. Tried to call him yesterday evening but couldn't get him. Maybe I'll try calling him again in the night.

@dadnmum: I also found out that I have pile after getting pregnant. I think it's caused by my super bad constipation during my first trimester. I wonder if it'll affect natural birth or not. Kept forgetting to ask my gynae.

@Val: Don't get too stress up, just try to talk to your boy everyday asking him to come out during CNY, that's what I'd been doing. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] That day after my CTG, the clinic assistant took the report and showed my gynae, after that she asked me if I have any signs of labour and I said no then she said ok. I think it should be BH contraction bah.

@moomoo: Don't be sad, everything will be ok. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Princess31: So good you don't have any water retention. My water retention is quite bad now. My feets are swollen and when pressed, it felt like blue-black pain..

@Ah Ching: You must rest more ok. Did you do your first confinement well? My mum told me she didn't do her first confinement well and now she really suffers alot even though she did well for her following confinements. Always here pain there pain so she told me I must do my confinement well if not next time old liao will be like her.

@BPC, @wish_child: I'll try to open a FB a/c. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Wannabel: Congrats!! Your labour is also a short one. Seems like 2nd time mummu really takes a shorter time to give birth.

@choc, @MamaYing: Hope you 2 are resting well at home now.

Talk to you mummies again. I need to go fetch my FIL together with hubby now. Take care all..

hi ladies,

just back fr 37wks chk-up. Dr Ang said i am 2cm dilate now. I am like a walking bomb now. anytime will deliver. no more rabbit baby. and the CL said she dun want to do confinement during CNY. i feel so helpless now. my mother said she dun knw how to cook confinement food and dun knw how to bath newborn. Argh!!!!

Princess, u mentioned dr push quite deep to check.. Pls ask her if ur pelvic bone is too high.. Cus when dr Ang done mine.. Really push till very deep n painful.. He jus commented my bone is high.. But later he say too high n not opened.. Hence c sect.. U better check in case double pain..

@ofb, my appointment is 12:30pm. my next appointment is next monday 4pm. *faint* dun knw can drag until monday. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] My baby weight is 2.8kg now. Dr Ang said can deliver anytime.

Hi all mummies

A word of advise for those who r goin to be due soon. Try not to opt for epidural for your delivery. In my case, I opt for epidural, I can't urine since after birth till now. Its been 16 days. The epidural causes a nerve damage to my bladder. Most of us are not aware of this side effect, the only side effect we know is backache. Do keep that in mind....

@Zanta: I hope so too.. I've been telling him & counting down with him everyday. I hope he won't come out as long as the head's not engaged.. I hope your baby can wait till cny too. Since we have the same edd, who knows we might have the same add too. Hehe..

Dear all, thank you for the blessings and I am already back home this afternoon. Here comes my birth story:

0645pm Saw Gynae - 2cm dilation & given green light to induce.

0930pm Registered @ KKH Delivery Suite.

0941pm Allocated Birthroom 15.

1045pm Cleared bowel. (Impt to clear bowel before delivery)

1121pm Gynae broke waterbag - 3cm dilation.

0303am 5cm dilation.

0333am Injected Epidural. {Kena poke thrice.}

0406am Inserted Oxytocin to expediate contraction.

0510am 6cm dilation.

0530am 9.5cm dilation.

0540am Started pushing.

0552am Baby came out and the gynae still on the way from home without brushing teeth. Experienced 70 year old Midwife delivered my baby after 4 pushes.

0605am Gynae arrived to cut the cord and stitched the V.

bigflamingo, mamaying, zanta - thanks for your encouragement... hopefully will turn out fine.

dadnmum, zanta - i also have pile but a small one, think it's quite common during pregnancy. As long as it's not painful, should be fine.

Rachel - heehee.. how come u know that your gynae didnt brush teeth? Only 4 pushes?? is this your first or second child?

Morning mummies! Update on my review yesterday. Gynae did a VE again and commented that my cervix still not opened and said my bb will be a rabbit bb…just that my tummy is very tight. Funny thing was last week; she can feel very bb head was very low but yday she told me bb head not very low though engaged. Then she also wanted to perform a waterbag test on me to check on my waterbag level whether is low or high. If low, will hv to induce coz it showed that placenta is not good. If high, guess will depend whether I want to wait or opt for induction. Anyone has underwent inspection on waterbag level and I feel puzzled why must I perform this test?? Coz I thought i should be performing a CTG test instead? I also blur blur also din ask gynae.

@moomoo73 – ya dun worries as I heard its pretty common. Did u check with ur gynae what caused the infection?

@princess31 – same here, now abit worried that my bb is too comforty in my tummy and dunwan to come out after cny…but worried will not bring us good. So let’s be positive and hv confidence in our bb!

@pinkyval – be positive and confidence in ur bb! I believe he will listen to u de!

@jolin – update us after ur check up!

@dadnmum – ya it common and do change ur diet in order to improve ur condition. Wow long holiday for u and happy shopping!

@Slim – huh can wait till Monday?? I thought can straight away admit liao? Is it ur gynae dunwan u to go for induction?

@moomoo: haha coz when my gynae arrived and saw tt the baby was alrdy delivered by the midwife, he told the midwife tt he rushed dwn frm hme without brushing his teeth. So funny, and they were joking there while attending to me.

This is my second bb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wenzi: Thanks for the advice! My gynae did not comment on whether my pelvis is high or low, so I assume it should be normal. Maybe she didn't go in so far, but to me, it really felt much further than the usual pap smear or any other exam she's conducted on me previously! Any further in and I would've probably flinched or said something, but luckily she stopped just short of my threshold :p She said she could feel baby's head and my hub was shocked, heehee ... so I dunno if she really reached in that deep or is baby's head that low. But gynae said baby's head not fully engaged yet so I'm quite uncertain on baby's positioning at the moment.

Mrs Ong: My gynae will always check on the water level at every scan, just to make sure baby has enough space to move around. If not enough space, I think gynae will recommend to induce or c-sect ASAP. Also, my gynae mentioned something about baby passing meconium into the water. This could be potentially dangerous to baby's health if it's very contaminated; little bit is still okay. Problem is - during scan, gynae cannot tell the colour of the water so no way of seeing if the meconium has been passed. Only until water bag breaks then can tell.

Personally, I would prefer to wait till 40 weeks is up before considering inducing. Hopefully our babies are smart enough to determine when they would like to enter the world [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Whether rabbit or tiger ... I think let them choose bah! But as my gynae has advised not to wait beyond 40 weeks, I've agreed to induce on 5th Feb if baby doesn't make his own way out by then. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] So now I'm really praying for spontaneous labour sometime in the coming week (there goes my CNY!), and maybe I will have a chance to deliver without epi. I think ... with inducing, I will definitely need the epi as I heard it will almost certainly be more painful with the forced contractions... MamaYing, I dunno how you can do it! :p

Rachel, if your gynae only there to cut the cord for you and the midwife did most of delivery job for you; do you still need to pay the gynae?? Hee....just curious....

Zanta: I did have pile for 1st one n it wont affect the natural birth.. but be prepared that it might get worse after giving birth

littledevil82: how do u urine after birth? poor thing.. did u see doc? hope my 2nd is a fast one till i cant have time to admin the epidural..

Back