(2011/02) Feb 2011

Trinket: Sorry to get back to u this late. The honeypot is offering the package as what u had mentioned and my post back then did mention that with the 1260, we can have 28 sessions of hollywood wax. And each session will be 45 instead of the 60+. However, they go by a credit scheme and if everyone opts to take different treatments it will be very hard to monitor. So it's better to gather ppl who just want to do Hollywood wax and with a calculation of 14 pax with each pax taking up 2 sessions, it will be so much easier to split the cost and monitor.

And on the placenta thingy, I guess to each his own. I was googling on the picture of the placenta and it does looks very gross. Nevertheless, with this process which is an ancient practice, it must have it's miracles and functions.

I read it somewhere that if you are encapsulating it for consumption, do not finish all and leave a few for your child. Though now I can't figure it out where I had seen it and when is it suitable for the child to consume.

And one should check with their Gynae before eating the placenta. Women with hep b and some other illness are to refrain from eating their own placenta.

Oh yeah.. I'd checked with the hospital today. They dun help to store the placenta for you. The most they will do is help you to pack the placenta in a bag thus pls prepare ur own cooler bag and ice pack just in case you deliver after 8pm. Now I wonder how am I going to relate this news to my hubby. He will faint at the sight of blood and I don't think he can stomach the idea of even holding my placenta.

Jooz, wow u bought so many bumwear. Oh I bought 6 cloth diapers and free 1 diaper. Each diaper come with 2 inserts. Total cost me $188. Come with free gift too.

Total how many u bought? But is a good investment, as cloth diaper can use for bb until 3 years old, prevent diaper rash and keep environment green. Hehe somemore can pass down to second or third child. Hehe. Easy just throw into the washing machine and wash it. Hehe

reyes, hello!! experiencing cramps? how sever is it? your sure its not BH? better consult gynae..

gregda, i got my nursing bras at BP. i didn't wear wired ones but i've got 2 that is soft plastic(gives abit of support). i must say wireless is definitely more comfortable! i wore nursing bra 24/7 cuz if i don't sometimes it'll leak and stain my clothes. very messy and unsightly.

last time i bring open front button PJ to hospital. this time round im bring nursing spag top(no need to wear bra). guess its much easier to bf..

pootz, i got autumnz nursing bra too! but one design was too big that i cant fit in..

RE: wedding band

i stop wearing it since i got preggy with no1...

choc and geri, you all bf for such a long time! with Keith, i only bf 4mths. i hope this time round i can persevere longer..

wish_child: Hey! where u bought the bumwear? I did research online, seems like this brand called Thirsties is very raved in USA for their diaper covers and Kissaluvs for their fitted diapers. I wanna buy! But SG doesnt sell! -.- I definitely agree with you that its a good investment! But the amount spent for the entire bulk is quite 'big', abit heartpain, haha.

oh thank u! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I most likely shld be ordering online from the US, will be using diaper covers with prefolds/flat-folds for the day and prolly add on an insert/doubler for the night in case of heavy flow. Will also order 1 or 2 AIOs to standby and fitted diapers on days that I feel lazy. hehe

Belinda, I think www.whoopeekiddies.com might sell kissaluvs. It's a local online store. Give it a try?

The hubby and I took one look at cloth diapers and decided we're going for disposables all the way! Can't stomach the idea of washing off the poo! Hehe we are extremely lazy pple. Guess we're not very environmentally friendly either. I really do admire mummies who are willing to put up with the hassle tho! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just finished a round of mahjong with my in laws. Lost $4, hehe!

Cherry, Thanks! The whole US to SG shipping thing is driving me nuts. haha. Yeah, I must say the whole gooey poo thing is quite the turn off! haha.

Wah u not bad ah, can play mj till so late, I these few days tire very easily, den my baby every morning wake me up so early somemore! Insomnia man!

I now deciding on what breast bump to buy, so expensive lor, the avent dual pump. HAI!

hi mommies & daddies

please do cast a vote for my little girl if you have a minute.

thank you so much for your kindest support

she is on page 1, Rice Lauren Xinru, 3 years old

to help vote please click here - http://www.lokimedia.com.my/gapcastingcall/

then choose "Singapore"

thank you once again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi ladies,

I'm trying to purchase medela freestyle thru the overseas spree thread. However, i joined less than 1 yr. So i cant post anything. Is there anyway i can purchase anything from that thread.

Belinda, no problem. Hmm I also thoight of if bb poo poo a lot need to wash the diaper very troublesome. My friend advise me to put a liner on the diaper. So the diaper won't get too much poo poo stink. Hmm and the moomoo kow sale person said just rinse the water on the diaper ans the poo will come out. Don't know how true is it. Haha must try then now the result. Oh I bought extra 4 or 5 insert to standby. =)

trinket and Geri: my son is with a nanny so I am not sure where he learnt the kicking from.

I guess it is a natural reflex?

Yesterday I tried to be fierce with him.

I put him in the room and closed the door when he hit me after I gave him several warnings.

In the end, he cried even louder, harder, longer and hit me several times more!

I took a video of him crying and hitting me and showed my nanny.

My nanny couldnt believe her eyes.

I feel that by hitting him back at the advice of my sisters, nanny, friends etc he got even more frustrated and hit me harder.

I think the method really doesnt work for my son.

sigh. I think maybe I will have to tide over this period until my gal is born.

Or until my son learn how to express his frustrations.

I think maybe spending more time allowing more outdoor activities will help him.

With the nanny, he takes like 3-4 hr naps and watches TV mostly.

Meantime with my bump, I cant really bring him for exercise or outdoor play.

cherry

hmmm... the winkwax link you sent sounds really tempting! near my office too!

sounds like a lot less hassle too. how did u find out abt this place?

Ah ching

I think at this point, you should not hit him back. I would try this: Put him against a wall or door, hold his hands down to his sides (so he can't hit you), look at him eye level (you squat / sit down on small chair), make sure he's looking at you (making eye contact), let him continue crying, wailing, whatever, when he stops to breathe, speak in a firm (not shouting), low, FIERCE voice and tell him "No hitting. No. Mummy said DON'T do that. It's WRONG. It's painful. It makes Mummy sad." Restrain him until he calms down (might take a while). Make him say sorry (can he talk yet?). Then when he's calmed down and said sorry, give him a hug.

can also make the room as dark as possible (but make sure both of you can still make eye contact) to set a serious atmosphere so that he knows you mean business.

we are still stronger than them, no matter what, so if he doesn't let you pin him down against a wall, try it on the bed - one arm hold down his hands, one arm hold down his legs, make the same eye contact and makes sure he knows you are punishing him. If he keeps getting away with it, it will go from bad to worse.

I really feel for you. Gotta stop this as early as possible.

wish_child: yeap! Thats what i heard too! hope so, if not have to buy a brush to scrub the gooey things out! haha

baywater: hey im interested to order, I shall go see the website, let u know if i have any items by tonight k! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mi mi: Maybe u try to pm the organiser? Is it really much cheaper to buy from overseas? I still thinking which one to get, heard the Avent Dual pump is very good.

Idaar: I closed all my sprees liaoz lei.. Now only left 1 Disney spree pending delivery.. Not getting anymore stuff from Bbmall.. but I have some extra Boy's stuff from bbmall to clear. Anyone keen to takeover?

Have you checked ongoing bbmall sprees? Anyone organising? If really dont have, then I organise then.. Just abit concern delivery might not be in time for me to distribute. Cos by the time we order and its here, prob around Jan liaoz.. I scared if i deliver 2 weeks early will be mid Jan.. since my EDD is 3 Feb..

Jeanie, already check with my gynae and he mentioned due to my UTI history(kana twice during the pregnancy) there will be high chance of early labor, so need to monitor closely and go hospital if observe spotting [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif], my baby girl only 1.5kg now and I really don't want her to come out so early.. **cross finger**

Anyone going for maternity photography after wk32 and any good package to recommend? Heard the best period to take the shoot will be from wk32 to wk36 coz stomach bigger...

trinket: already tried the hold him method, told him I am in pain etc...

He refused to look me in the eyes. He is very stubborn, born in the OX year.

My hb told me it is my life cos I am born in goat year so we are 'xiang chong'...

also he got 2 'xuan' on his head.. indicating his stubborness!

he was also born with curly hair, although now it is straight.

he cant say sorry but he will hold his hand to his forehead to gesture it.

but after saying sorry he'll hit me again within 5 mins.

sigh.. I read from the what to expect book and the book explained that

toddlers will only behaved aggressively towards their parents as they feel the most secure with them.

It is becos of this sense of security that they will dare to express their feelings and frustrations.

It is also at the end of the day that they will tend to throw tantrums as they have been suppressing their feelings the whole day (in this case he needs to put on a good behaviour in front of the nanny).

My nanny is often strict with him and he is very well behaved at her place.

I guess whatever unhappiness he suffers there he'll vent it on me at home.. ha ha

I also noticed that he doesn't behave as aggressively towards me during the weekend.

He also does not suffer from insomia unlike weekdays,

Re: Cloth Diapers

i have a problem.. initially my hb has no prob with using the cloth diapers though he does not know anything about it.. he only knows diapers = disposable or the traditional kind.. today he sent me to work and we were talking about it and i told him the cloth diapers cannot use baby detergent.. he got really worked up over it and says its really no good for baby to use adult detergent but i have already checked with the bumwear people and they say it is necessary to use adult detergent and not baby detergent as baby detergent strips off the absorbency real fast.. now he doesnt believe in the diapers and thinks i have wasted money.. how do i convince him the other way round?

joodzjoodz: Firstly, I wld like to caution u to take advice/instructions from the bumwear ppl with a pinch of salt. Becox at the end of the day, they are just the sales reps that works for a company that brings in cloth diapers from the Original Company. They may not be 100% well-informed or well-trained.

Anyway, I have an article that may be useful to you. It is an instruction manual to cloth diaper know how, etc. Very good!

You can wash your cloth diapers in more ways than 1.

I can either send it to ur email or show u the link to read it if u want. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

belinda: thank u so much! can u paste the link here or in the FB group cos i think there are also some others here using cloth diapers.. might be useful to them too.. thanks!

eviangal.. no worries, we will arrnage collection from you lah.. no need u sent out mah.. so maybe by end ths week mummies who want must give u the orders?

wish child.. suppose to be confrmed

wish child

yes! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ah ching

hmmm... then maybe only way is for him to grow out of it. so nanny is quite strict and he is scared of her so he behaves la? can ask her to teach u a few tricks?

Idaar.. my concern is on collection too... Cos I will either be at home or in the office. Arranging stuff to be delivered to the office.. So if items are delivered to the office and I delivered before u guys collect from me, I cant access the stuff at all..

Can I propose that you guys join ongoing sprees instead? Sorry about it.. Cos its more than just collecting.. Need to consolidate and work out shipping charges too.. Dont really want to have my hands full with sprees at the moment.

If this is done earlier, I wouldnt mind.. but we are a little late now..

@baywater - interested too but how much will it cost in total?

@reyes - i also looking for it but so far all exceed my budget...

Thanks Belinda =)

Afternoon all.... can't wait for my gynae appointment later on this afternoon =D

About Ergo and Manduca- Although most front-facing carriers force the baby's spine into an unnatural position, the Ergo and Manduca both follow the natural curve of baby's spine. =)

So mummies who bought Ergo and Manduca, rest assured =)

Hello Mummies...

Sigh.. it's only Wed.. am hoping it's Fri alr..

Work is really draining me, working late & by time hm, I am so tired.. neglecting hubby.. sigh..

And I am really frustrated with the politics in the office.. I feel we are being police like we are children here.. Wat we do, wat time we report, where we are.. I really am fed up. If only I can quit, I will..

nashita: cheer up.. i think at this point many of us are also feeling this way.. maternity leave is so near yet so far.. dont let it get to u.. office politics are rampant everywhere.. just do what u are required to do and ignore everything else.. can always come in here to vent:)

Geri, Hehe im going for checkup later too.. Hehe excited to see my pearlyn girl girl..

Jooz, Oh ur bumwear have arrival. I like bumwear the design. Have a lot of different pattern and nice colour.

Just to share the package I had enquired with BryanJean Photography.

Dear Felicia

I'm so sorry about the late reply. We've been out of office shooting almost everyday. Anyway most of the time we do not shoot in the studio but at the comfort of your own home or outdoor area such as botanic garden etc.

here is an example of an outdoor lifestyle concept. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=231075&id=90792728582

Just a couple of questions

1) Do you have a swimming pool at your residence?

2) What type of concept do you have in mind? (home & outdoor lifestyle or artistic nude maternity)

2 Hours of Maternity Photography (including underwater) - $600

20 high resolution edited images

All other photos returns in low resolution

Makeup by Jacqueline Law - $350

joodzjoodz: No prob! Anyway any mummies here going to the closed door robinsons member sale? I heard the babysafe mattress got 25% but i not member, very sad, i wanna buy the mattress!

Hi mums,

Just went to Robinsons and confirmed that there is a private sale for members today ..

But I din go in coz no time during lunch ..

Mebe I will go after work ..

hi Mummies,

Can i check with you?

Do we need to put baby lotion on baby after bath? And how do we use baby oil?

Because i don't have the habit to put on moisturizer after bath, plus to me, their skin is very delicated, so can we still put on these things?

@Joodz: Can only read updates on my iphone during my ride to & from work and during "rest time" in office. Smtimes, no time to post even...work is really overwhleming me at tis point.. And I thk I am being given more tasks to complete before I go on maternity leave. Cos my hubby say my boss know I sure finish my work before I give birth. Hiyoh!

hi belinda, i have a few frens using medela freestyle n they swear by it. I dont know abt avent though. Its definitely cheaper to buy from BP. Spore selling $800-900+ then BP only ard $450

nashita - same here.. the work seems to keep piling up.. neverending stream of new stuff coming.. it's so ironic.. people ask whether i'm excited that baby will be coming in 2 mths, but my immediate reaction these days is fear, cos it means i'm running out of time to finish up my outstanding work

jolin - my mum told me must put the Ruyi oil on baby's tummy after bath... think it helps to dispel wind.. not sure ab moisturisor though..

Ladies - very sorry but i can't make it to tomorrow's lunch liao.. got called to attend a last minute lunch mtg... hope u ladies hv fun!

Nashita: Hugs...work can never be finished...take it easy ya.. But i know how u feel..really overwhelmed at times...

Geri: Me too! My check up is today too! Can't wait. 31 weeks and 1 day finally! I wonder after this check up, the next round is it going to be once every 2 weeks or still once a month?

Babysafe mattress:

how much does it cost? i bought a cot and it comes with a free mattress. is it a specific measurement for the mattress? i wonder if the babysafe can fit into my cot? hmmm, any one got opinions? i dunno if i shld buy a better mattress (babysafe) or let the baby sleep on the free provided mattress first..does it matter a lot? i do not have robinsons card too..so if really want to buy, got to ask my In-laws to help me get it..

hi mummies,

so long didnt log in here...

btw, i have lobang in getting the opi nail polish @ $11 except the designer range, price will be higher. let me know if u are keen. im ordering for myself soon. PM me.

Gregda, I'm going to see my girl today too hehe. Hmm so fast ur bb already 31weeks.

Kinder, don't worry we can have another outing again =)

Hello mommies, can I know when will be good time to buy baby soap, shampoo, diaper rashes and etc? Hmm I also have get any pads and pack my hospital bag. Haiya how ah??

Hi Wish child,

I always buy bb stuffs during sales time ..

For eg, Robinsons, John Little or Taka sales ..

Cos will enjoy at least 20% discount ..

Sometimes, NTUC will have discount too ..

Espy for J&J products ..

Back