(2011/01) Jan 2011

Chabby, if you still getting blocked ducts probably you can get the jamu massage lady to unblock them for you, painful but very effective.

Lily H, on ebm and supplement with fm but want to give one last try to increase bm supply.

Not sure too late anot cos it's already week 9, was told by lactation consultant that week 6-7 is the peak.

I'm still searching around on which organic herbal tea to take...

CLtine,

I think shld be able to use even if mucus is not dribby. When I suck out it was almost dried mucus. Actually if you are not afraid, you can just gurgle your mouth with salt water and then use mouth to suck out from bb's nose. My MIL can do that effectively but I can't bring myself to do it.

Btw mummies,

Anyone interested in getting a digital frame? Had 2 as gifts and I want to let go of 1. It's brand new and packaging is still intact. The frame is the S frame from Sony retailing at $129. Selling at $100. Pls pm me if anyone is interested thanks!!

Elekos

So i am in the same boat just tat i hav jus enough for my gal but wont hav enough when i started working [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] and me also week 9 already..

wonder if i take supplements now still can increase or not..

hi mummies,

i have tried latching my gal for these 2 days. on the first day, she crys more during day time so i just keep latching her whenever she crys and i did not pump out and at night she just wakes up twice for milk and 1 time diaper change. on the 2nd day, same thing i just latch her during the day time when she crys. but after our dinner time she crys so badly. so i fed her with 2oz of fm twice. is she over hungry or she is just missing the bottle feed feeling? or maybe she is just too tired and hungry as she cant get enough milk on the other hand? but i did bring her go out during the day time and she just took a short nap but never sleep long. or maybe she is just too tired and hungry as she cant get enough milk on the other hand? during the night time same. she just woke up twice for millk and diaper change. is it ok for her? does she have enough milk? cause letting her to latch on directly i cant monitor how much milk she is drinking.

should i try pumping out once to see how much milk i can produce now?

and if now she is having enough milk and i dont have excess milk to pump out. if i am back to the workforce how to let her latch on? =(

Elekos, i also want to get the tea. any idea where got sell other than ordering online. or we order together? =X

U can get the tea from TMC pharmacy or vitakids, but slightly more expensive. I think vitakids is $9+. I tried the tea but i find it does not work for me, maybe i did not drink enuf. The instruction is to drink 3-5 cups daily. Find that fenugreek works better for me.

Lily - cheapest is ordering thru drugstore sprees but that takes pretty long to arrive. If order thru spree, the 200 capsules bottle is less than $20. Buying from GNC shop itself is much more expensive, maybe double the price or even more? The littlethinkies BP also sell but it is nature's way brand. I have been taking GNC.

BTW, for those who are expressing to feed their bbs and not latching on, how much do you express each day? For me is abt 800-900ml.

sputnik: for a moment i held my breath. I tot you can express 800ml at each pump! Then i think you mean per day right...hahaha

For me, i pump about 100-150ml at each pump. So a day about 6 times. SO each day about 700-800ml as well.

I wonder if it will increase cos my baby is drinking 150ml each time (be it FM or EBM). So when he increase dd, dunno if my EBM will increase

Hey mummies,

the mother's milk we can get it from harbourfront lvl 3. shop name is Taste Original(Organic Food). they are selling the tea at $9.90. =)

thanks Xiao Pang, think iwill order from online BP send to my place easier [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Am thinking of increasing my pump now only 4 times.. too lazy.. morning pump is the most can get 260ml than drop to half in the afternoon and stay tat way...sigh.

puix: i pump about 15-20mins. When breast is full, i take about 15mins to achieve 150ml. But when breast is not full or pump is in the afternoon, i can take 20mins and only get 100ml.

lily: if you can get 260ml, i think you should pump more often! Else so wasted....

I am going for a short trip next week without my baby and intend to pump along the way to keep flow going. Anyone has experience on how we can store the EBM so that it is kept good till we reach home? I am taking a flight.

The Medela freestyle comes with a small black pouch to put our EBM. Is that pouch insulated? If i put ice packs in it, can it last?

Xiaopang,

if baby is still hungry, she will cry immediately after the feed. But if u are still concerned, how about expressing after every 2 or 3 times u Feed yr girl?This way u can monitor if indeed u still hv milk so she's nt gg hungry and also u can accumulate and store in the freezer at night...

Ivftwins

I can get 260ml as i nvr pump for 6-7hrs that is the morning pump sub pump will drop drastically.. how i wish every pump i can get 260!!

As for storage duno abt the duration i know for avent bag rite with ice pack can last 6hrs and if wan longer mus purchase more ice pack. But u can request to store on their fridge rite?

Ivftwins, so good, only take 15mins to get 150ml....i can go up to 1hr n only get 100ml....sigh...sometimes after 3hr, breats still not full also...everytime, i at least need 30min..just now i can only get 60ml for 30mins pump.

Hi puix2

I took argumentin antibiotics on 2 occasions. First time from mount a. The doc assured me that it's okay to continue breastfeeding.. And I find bb able to somehow "suck" out e blocked ducts more effectively than pump...

I do find my supply dwindling after each mastisits infection and It is ALWAYS e same spots that kena blocked... So now I think I m going to turn to fenugrek...

Nimkulut, looks like Argumentin is used by doctors for treating bf mommies many ailments.

I was given that for my painful sore throat and itchy cough.

Hi mommies,

bought two big tubs of Desitin Creamy (16oz) when I was in the States but seems like I overdid it cos my daughter doesn't use so much diaper cream now that she's turning 18 months.

Easier to use than the standard tube form you get from pharmacies. No more messy fiddling with tube screws and squeezing the last drop of paste out. Am taking forever to finish my first tub so will be selling off the second tub at $30. Expires April 2012.

Self-pick up pls at Tiong Bahru Plaza preferably as i'm not sure how to send this down via post. PM if interested.

xiaopang.. my PD told me some babies that are 2 months old.. may constipate even if they are on breastmilk.. he had cases where baby did not poo for 12 days.. and it can be common.. maybe u can bring ur bb go see PD and check..

puix2, i'm like you.. pump for 30 min can only get 60ml sometimes.. unless i engorge, then may pump out about 80-100ml.. have increased my fenugreek intake to 6 capsules a day le.. but still the same..

r u taking fenugreek?

Gina, i took few pills before n m stopping now coz of block few days bac. Afraid worsen if taking it. Thinking of continue soon.

Ivftwins, my boy is now 7th week....

puix2, try latch ur baby to remove the block ducts? whenever i feel engorge.. i feel relief immediately after letting my baby latch on..

My boy does not really like to latch on...maybe too difficult to suck out milk from my breast...he get frustrated after a while... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

ivftwins,

you may want to read this on how to transport frozen breastmilk.

it's actually possible to do it.

http://www.jerblinn.com/2010/12/transporting-frozen-breastmilk.html

these are the things needed:

- pump

- convertor

- 2 bottles

- milk bags

- serilising tablets

- 1 large plastic container

- portable milk cooler bag

- washing equipment (soap + sponge)

- marker

like you, i'm gg for a short trip w/o baby. but decided on KL as i dun wan to over strain myself w shopping in BKK.

Hi Chabby

I have read the blog really interesting [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and lots of efforts i must say..

Hello everyone ..im exclusive bf a 4mth+ baby with excess milk.. anyone know if anybody int in buying breastmilk? feel free for any enquires on health chk up and diet nutrition

Lily

i chanced upon it when i was pregnant.

so i bookmark this one as me and hubby are fond of taking short getaways.. esp BKK to shop-eat-massage.

too bad for the red/yeollow shorts. dunno what other colours will be popping up to create chaos.

chabby, thanks for the link!!! i also need to go on company trip shortly after returning to work n am worried how to transport my milk back or throw.. but heartache to throw them lo.. its indeed v informative, now i know what to do le!

chabby, thank you very much for the link. with pictures included was most useful.....

i am making 2 trips. one to hong kong, the other to switzerland. i will test this out in hong kong.

Thank you Elekos!

will definitely be popping down to the fair [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

haha... this morning done a stupid thing... pumped a bottle of milk and was happily pumping away, then i accidently knocked against the bottle which i din screwed tightly, then whole bottle fell onto my bed. Got to change my bedsheet and protective cover... :-/

yesterday bb had her 1st jab of the 6-in-1 vaccine. during the jab, she is still ok, but when she came back and slept for prob about 4hrs, she start to scream and cry. Seems like delay effect for her. Really breaks my heart... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Thank God that my mum came over to stay this week. Also Thank God that By night time, she had forgotten the whole episode and start to play with us. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My gal dont like to sleep in the noon time. or maybe i never wrap her with the swaddleme and she dont feel secure so cant sleep. the weather in the afternoon is so warm how to wrap her with swaddleme =( i tried the diaper cloth too.. but is not tight enough and her hand can come out. haha.. is it ok that they dont sleep in the afternoon? cause baby should be sleeping more.

And ytd i went to the shop taste organic and buy the mother's tea and it was sold out. the shop assistant said a lady came and buy all finish. =( anyone know where can i get the tea?

xiaopang - u can try vitakids or TMC pharmacy. Or can order from the BP, she sends it out quite fast so u shld get it within 2-3 days. How old is yr gal? I stopped swaddling my gal when she was abt 2-3 weeks, so the reason why yr gal not sleeping may not be becos of the swaddle.

Hi Sputnik whick BP are u referring to?

I bot milkbags from this blog littlethinkies.

And just bot the fenugreek from her. Is it the same BP u referring to?

Thanks

Hello mummies,

Been busy recently..busy with baby and stress with work. My medela freestyle DEAD!! And because of this, I realized manual pump can pump out more milk, may be bcos it's more comfy than using electric, not pain as it's control by ourself, but very time consuming. Can easily increased by 1-2oz each pump, but I dun have time to pump for almost an hour,thinking to either buy a second hand medela freestyle or change to ameda brand. Anyone use Ameda breastpump?

Xiaopang,

Your baby dun sleep well during day time or totally dun sleep? My baby also cant sleep well. I suspect due to the noise in the day, PD say my baby is very alert, She judge based on the hearing test. And indeed, khloe dun sleep long hour during day, sometime less than an hour per feed.

Kimmy,

how did your freestyle die? you bought yours online?

see if you can get it repair. the local medela service centre is at Toh Guan.

mummies,

need yr advice.

my boy is 7 weeks old but he is only drinking 60-80ml every 3 hourly and that is provided i force feed him. he gets very sleepy after the first 30 ml and after that i have to sit with him for 1 hour to try to wake him up and feed him. This has been happening for the last 2 weeks. Prior to that he used to drink at least 100ml each time. am worried. his urine output is ok but his poo poo is like once in 3 days or so.

is there something wrong with him?

CLtine,

did u try increasing the teat hole size? maybe the hole size is too small already and yr bb suck until very tired.

Xiao Pang, how do you bring your girl out? Using carrier or stroller? I'm going to try to bring my boy out tomorrow by myself, will be the furthest trip so far as normally I only take him downstairs or to nearby clinic.

Chabby, kimmy, for local sets if under warranty can repair free, not under warranty about $50.

US sets have no Singapore warranty, heard have to pay about $100.

Hmm... baby don't sleep much during the day could be due to many reasons. Mine is because he sleeps too much at night and in the morning, from 9pm-7am then 8-11am.

So afternoon he doesn't really nap, maybe just close his eyes and relax half hour or so then he will be awake.

Kimmy & Sputnik,

ya.. she dont sleep well. i swaddle her is because my mum say baby haven full month need to bao if not next time they will have itchy hand =x so i just follow lor. then also i realise if i dont swaddle her she will like kena shock and wakes up leh. so no choice but to swaddle her lor. now i cant swaddle her becuase i think she feels hot and she got red rash on her neck and back. then each time i put her on bed with her handsfree she wont sleep long and abit of noise only she will wake up liao. she is light sleeper. =(

Sputnik what is the website for the BP ar? i may just order online.

Kimmy what brand of manual pump you using? my friend also tells me that manual can pump more and easier to control too. but i find it lazy haha.. maybe when i start work i will consider 1 manual pump. freestyle just use it at home.

chabby,

My sis bought from US directly. Just cannot on the motor..but after 1 hour plus, I can hear the *beep* sound, then I faster on it, and it work, i dun dare to turn it off cos after I turn off, cannot on again. I bring down to toh guan, they check those that can be checked on the spot, and told me it's working fine, and they suspect might be other portion that attached at the motherboard spoil, they need to check and if really spoil, gotto replace the whole motherboard and it cost sgd499..

And guest what, the local warranty ONLY cover service fees (local set - sgd70, oversea set - sgd140). If got problem after you bring home (regardless you use it or not), they will not cover the parts, have to pay.

Borrow medela PIS from fren, not so comfy..pain..

xiaopang,

I'm using avent manual pump.

Back