(2011/01) Jan 2011

Thanks chabby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] for the info at least feeling at ease now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bethel, you are not alone same here feeling all the achy ad pain there

Bethel, same here too. Especially when I get up from my seat to go toilet, it's like I can't even walk straight. Feel like a penguin...

hi mummies!!

wow! been a tough and busy 2weeks for me... loaded with work till not able to have time to even come check out what the threads are now..

can anyone tell me where and when is this motherhood fair is?

still got lotsa tings yet to buy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

gee... how's all the BBs getting on?

went check up on my 32nd week, my girl already 2.2kg :D hee... doc also say she has long legs :D Thank God that she is healthy and happy inside :D heee....

Charleen,

The parenthood fair is this weekend at expo hall 4A

Mummies,

Anyone having problems with leaking. I am leaking everyday and also whenever I sneeze. Dunno whether there is anything to help [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mums delivering in Thomson,

Wanna ask if u gals know of any good PD in Thomson that u will be booking to check on yr BB during yr hospital stay.

Mag,

Me had a incontinence issues past 2 wks and had to use pad. So embarrassing. was leaking whenever I cough. Coz I was having a very bad cough that lasted 2 weeks. Cough so hard that I'll leak. Once my coughing stopped, no more leak.

Yup we must do kegel exercise.

Poor Mummy/Miako,

Thanks for the advice! I also started using poise pads last week cos leak was bad! Hoping that it will not get any worse. Feeling is so uncomfortable [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Bethel, i think if i am going thru similar level of back pain as you, i may go for pre natal massage. the massage will not cure the pain but help to relief. so may have to engage the massage service every other day when needed. anyway i heard the pre natal massage helps in delivery.

me only feel back pain when am trying to flip while lying on my bed. so whenever i got to a comfortable position i will not want to move. :p

got people say for us who have back pain, we need to bu3 properly during confinement period so that we won't be so weak when we turn older...

PM, Mag, Miaiko, i think maybe your bb rested on your bladder lei. i have similar problem some weaks back but not so serious and is on and off. try to bear with it ba. just few more weaks to go...jia1 you2!!

hi mummies

had your lunch yet???

i just placed my order with Newbaby confinement food i took package 1 $1480 and get a 20% discount cos i am a TMC first born incentive scheme member so i only need to pay $1184 (good savings!)

Package A is for lunch and dinner (2 dishes + 1 soup) for 28 days

BTW they will not be delivering from 02-06Feb (5 days) so they will extend the 5 days after.

I think this is the best deal so far and food quite good.

Hi Mummies

leg cramps

Me too, I experience that too esp my calf area. So pain.

Eating Fruits

I am not really a fruits person. So nvr reali take everyday. Once a week only [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Hope my bb will come out wif beautiful skin. I take bottled bird nest every week though

Hi Ting,

I think bb rest on my bladder all the time. I visit the loo at least 2 to 3 times sometimes even 4 times a night though I tried not to drink water before I sleep. Another 7 weeks for me..

Hi all mummies,

Sinking in the work load for the past few days, hence din catch the update here for few days and the thread moving real fast..Spend a while to read all..

Pooh,

My hubby say let me rest more, so he dun wan to disturb me. But this morning I told him tat I might wan him to stay for the first nite due to the c-sec, at least someone to help in the nite and he is ok. My hubby got a lot of incoming call cos of his business, sometime I'm the one that dun wan him to be there, so disturbing..hahha

RE: baby move too much, break the water bag

Mummies, I saw few mummies was talking about this. I asked my gynae during last check up, she say active baby will not cause the water bag burst, only the active mummy can cause it. So for those that will placenta previa like me, gotto be extra careful cos we can't afford to have water bag burst outside hospital.

RE: infant car seat & rocking chair

infant car seat normally is in lying position, but when baby grow up, they might not like it cos they will always wan to sit up, see the scenery. I din shop for infant car seat, or may be there are those that can convert into toddle type (sit up) type...not sure, but mummy can take note of this..I borrow one from fren (to save money cos will need to change when baby grow up), after that will buy a toddle type car seat (sit up type). Actually infant car seat is also like a rocking chair, and rocking chair normally for young baby, when they grow up, they might not like to sit there anymore. But then again, it's depend on the baby...if they like it, they will love it, if they dun....haiz....

leg cramp:

Will it bcos of your calcium not enuf? Cos tat is one of the reason for causing leg cramp.

RE: Fruits

Oh dear, I eat orange more than apple :-( Will start taking apple everyday, hope still in time..

RE: coconut drinks

Just started yesterday. Still got a bit worried but still finish one whole coconut..hahha

Charleen,

Same here...baby weight 2.2kg in 32week..My gyane say my baby face very chubby.

counting down..28days to go. anyone earlier than me? anxious...@_@

Hi Kimmy,

how are you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif], think over here you are the earliest... my will be 1 jan [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I also drank one coconut juice ytd [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] nice!

Imagine till today i still duno my baby weight [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I also ate apple everyday for my #1 and he has rosy cheeks and nice skin. For this present pregnancy, I also eat apple everyday. Hope my girl will hv rosy cheeks also.....

kimmy,

go easy on oranges and orange juice. they say it cause phlegm in babies. apples is good, take more apples.

it's advisable to have some1 stay w u cuz i heard c-sec have to stay in bed for 24hrs after delivery. or ask your mother of best fren to stay w u and boot hubby home.

car seat can be adjustable from lying to sitting up if u get the rite one. 0-9kg, sit facing the back. 9kg onwards, sit facing the front of the car. but if fren is loaning u.. wait and buy a bigger one in future.

thanks for addressing whether active baby can break water bag.. this is on my mind for some time le. worried..

pooh

must eat more fruits ok.. or else next time baby born dun like to eat fruits..reduce odds of constipation also. i dun like to eat veg.. so fruits is the sweeter replacement..yumz..

lily,

really ah..I tot will have someone earlier than me according to the EDD table..haha.

the baby weight is estimated only, dun be sad over this, as long as healthy can already..(but weird, y ur gynae dun tell)

Chabby,

Like that worried already...I eat orange everyday since abt 4-5 weeks ago :-(...now feel very guilty...

Ya, will arrange someone to stay with me..Prefer hubby and call is lesser during night time. Or ask him to off his phone..dun care..hehe

I also worried tat my active baby will break the water bag, so I ask my gynae last time..haha

Next gynae visit on Monday..dunno how many KG gain...now feeling exhausted when need to climb stair case...

Just noticed that most of the Mount E EDDs are very close together. How cool. I'm also delivering at Mount E (although still considering SGH - I'm so indecisive!)

Thanks for all the advice re confinement food - maybe eat confinement food with coconut water to neutralise each other haha..

Hmm.. wonder if rosy cheeks from apples only applies if eating red apples with skin. Such beliefs usually originate from the looks of the food item yar?

Hi Ting,

Think my name is missed out. EDD ON 13 Jan, Dr Vincent Lee, delivering a boy at Mt A, age 28, staying at Bishan. Thanks

good weather to be sleeping now

Miaiko,

the rocker I've been seeing in the shops is the one you gave the link for. It's purple nowadays though. I heard the green version is available in m'sia.

chabby,

have not noticed the one you linked us to. Only see the one with very obviously metal legs.

My EDD was actually moved back to a later date due to baby size (a few months ago), but if I'm not undergoing c-section, it could still be just any time in the middle of Jan. So frustrating to not know for sure and play the waiting game.

By week 32 doctor should know if baby is too large, head too big etc right? Concerned as both husband and I were big babies at birth.

Exhaustion is really setting in and tire easily while working, shopping etc. No more marathon sessions for me. haha

Kimmy> My delivery should be quite near to yours... you have 28 more days, for me its 33 more days cos today after doc appt, say better to induce... so will be 2010 baby too! And mine is 2.22kg @ 33wks2days... quite near to yours too!

So qiao!

haa...got few mummies' EDD earlier than mine leh. no news from them? Kikapo, Sherill busy recently?

luckymummy,

Doctor will do the CTG, then will tell u the changes for early delivery, doctor measure base on your contraction level. for those with big baby, doctor will advice induce cos worried later too big. My fren induce 2 weeks earlier due to big baby.

cookie,

Hi5...which hospital u choose?

hi mummies, noticed many of you stay at Sengkang & ponggol.

I'm moving back to SK in Jan, before delivery...

Hee wanna exchange contacts so we can catch up? Our edd close to each other's also... =p

Can me stayin at Hougang but near to buangkok mrt so still near sengkang shld keep in touch and even arrange meet up with our babies after confinement since most of us will be taking maternity leave [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ladies, like what rachel says,

you may wan to exchange contact or even form babies playgroup with those that stay nearby to you.

Ya lo..coz all of us will be free and easy to gather for kopi and kiddos to play.

Anywhere around Hougang, Sengkang, Punggol mummies, please input ur name, age of kiddos, edd, stay where & email. So i can circulate the list.

I start first:

Rachel

3+,2+

Edd 30Jan

Sengkang

[email protected]

Hi Rachel

I am staying wif my in laws at Kovan but I am shifting back to my hse in Punggol in Sept 2011.

My elder sister also have a forum like this in 2004 where all mummies met up. Now she and a big grp of them become gd friends. Children all attend the same enrichment class, music class etc.

Name: Serene

EDD : 29 Jan

Residing:punggol

[email protected]

Hi Mummies,

im also interested in meeting up too.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Name: Jenny

EDD: 30 Jan

Residing: Sengkang

Email: [email protected]

Maybe we can add each other in fb too? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hihi mummies,

how to update the list?

EDD:21 Jan

Gynae:Dr Benjamin Tham

Hospital:TMC

Child:#2

Area: Jurong West

Hi Ting,

Maybe we will see each other in MT A. So when is ur delivery date?

MTB, do u ladies feel hungry all the time now? Fo me I lose interest in food, no craving nothing dun know why. Just dun feel like eating. Anyone like me?

@smurf, lose interest in food? Not so for me... but im feeling more n more lazy in getting my own meals... esp during lunch, i dont want to go out and come back feeling sweaty and smelly and tired from all the walking...

smurf,

trying not to eat so much so that won't gain so much weight in the last trimester.. already gain more than 11kg le. lazy yes la.. but making an extra effort to crawl out of bed early to have some couple time w hubby to eat breakfast while i still can.

Hi Ting,

Thanks for the updates

Hi Smurf,

Same here. Not sure why. I had really good appetite in my 2nd trimester but right now, i feel bloated all the time but still forcing myself to eat, for the sake of the bb.

sigh

Poor_Mummy, our EDD is very near. Maybe can bump into each other at TMC. :D

i feel hungry all the time during my 1st trimester & 3rd trimester.. but i got not much appetite, very sian.

hi, can add me in the list?

EDD:27 Jan

Gynae:Dr Lawrence Ang

Hospital:TMC

Child:#2

Area: Sembawang

my fb account is [email protected]

yesterday i went for my 30 weeks check up..

baby is 1.1kg.. is it too light??

i am abit worried..

Smurf: I lost my appetite too.. i gain 12kg..

hope i can lose all the weight after i give birth..

Back