(2011/01) Jan 2011

morning Mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

so nice all of you have the weight of the bb..while i dont really have it. Wonder what is my bb weight lay :p

Hi Komathi [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my nex appmt long way to go...2 Oct wo..and i wont hav detail scan as i went for amnio.

hi lily,

i see... then it would be juz growth scans i guess. 2 oct uh...yea seems long away.. when was ur last one? mine is on the 23rd sep..next week.. excited bout it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi kom, i was away when u msg me in fb.

yalor, its a ger ger.. and i think she is too heavy. haha. its only when the sonographer said dat my bb is abit chubby, then i go ask abt the weight. if not i also wont ask.

Hoshi: I work in the hospital itself so I have no prob doing ogtt as I will drink then go back to work and come back 2 hrs later

Daphne: my ogtt result was borderline when I had my 1st boy then beginning of this preggy I did one and result was good. But I am on the big side so my gynae told me to play safe I have to repeat one more.

Hi Lily, I also went for the amnio test but still had my detail scan last week. The amnio test and detail scan are 2 different things rite? The amnio test is to detect DS while detail scan will check all the development of organs.

After I did the detail scan, they will pass me a report. Tat's where I can see the wks & weight.

Mitch, my gynae nvr ask me to do the ogtt test at all during my last & present pregnancy.

Hello[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] So exciting this forum.

Opps I better give more info:

Im seeing Irene Chua at KKH and I live in Boon Keng.

Hi Komathi, ya only normal scan.

Daphne, so how much is the detail scan or is it part of the normal package? Strange lay..my dun hav [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i also wan detail scan everyone is talking abt it and i dun hav it... sob sob..

Lily, you don't get a detailed scan? Eh, but even for my 1st pregnancy 6 yrs ago also got detailed scan leh... it's "detailed" because the machine is able to scan the bb's internal organs, you can see the heart chambers, the kidney, measure the length of the bones etc...

Re[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/proud.gif]GTT

No leh... it's not a standard routine checkup.

Typically for some mummies, there may be glucose intolerance, leading to gestational diabetes. And this occurs ard in week 28 of the pregnancy. Your gynae will ask you to go for the OGTT test if:

1. Family history, or past gestational diabetes; or

2. Sudden big surge in baby's weight

Depending on how serious, this can be controlled via diet, if not, may need to take daily insulin jabs.

The impact is that bb may become too big, thus need to go for C-sect...

Lily:

Detailed scan is not part of normal package leh... for my gynae, only when everything is ok during detailed scan, then he allow us to sign up for package with him. That is why some, if not most, of the gynae's package starts from 20weeks onwards.

Ya misty..the scan does show the organs and all the heart valves and all..but i dont think its anything that you all hav done [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ya hoshi, i understand from my frens too they go to another hospital if their gynae dun hav the machines for the detail scan..i find it strange[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Sigh..i shld not hav go to this doctor maybe he is an antique that y dun hav all these :..(

Lily, don't worry lah. Most of the time, when the sonographer label all the duno what Ventrical, what left this and right that, I also dunno what he is talking about as I don't have any bio background at all. All I want to hear is whether everything is ok and whether I need to pay attention to anything. If your scan shows the heart valves and organs, then that is the detailed scan already, because the machine in our gynae's office is an ultrascan only, so i think you can see the heartbeat, but not the organ itself.

my every visit my doc will scan and measure the head check the eyes socket, lips ok and all consider? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

THanks misty, my can see the heart, lungs the bone structure even the eye socket, the brain and all... thanks for the clarification if not i would think i had miss out something ...

For 1st time, last night, I felt Braxton hicks!! Feel scary!! Was watching Okto documentary abt the blind & mute triplets... Scared BB come out now premature!! Aiyo!!

Cos I read books say only later stage will get this feeling & norm, but now only 22+wks! Haha!!

But just called up gynae office, nurse said norm, will start getting this kind of feel... Sth like our menstrual crampy feeling..

I also found tat when I have tat feeling, go on ur 4s, like an animal, let BB weight go downwards, away frm our virginal direction, the feel will subside a little [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

for those yet to have the feel, dun freak, just wanna share, it's normal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw how to know how heavy BB is? I just read my report of detailed scan (abt2-3wks ago), my BB is 355g. Any charts to compare? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies! i have a medela PISA full set for sale. include many extras stuff that i bought during my breastfeeding journey. bought this year and still have warranty. interested do pm me!

hi mommies...here is a good news to share

Baby Expo

Admission: Public - Free Admission

Venue: Hall 6B

Baby Expo provides you with amazing choices and unbeatable value on everything for your pregnancy, baby and toddler. Get set to make the most of our Hot Deals & Great Promotions!

22 & 23 Oct: 11am to 9pm

24 Oct: 11am to 8pm

Mummies, strangely, this time round, I feel like I don't know what to buy...

Kimmy, thanks for sharing the baby expo dates, hopefully they have good deals on cots n prams n other accessories.

Thanks Kimmy, ya misty i hope this expo will hav lots of good deals [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i also hav not started buying anything all taking from frens esp baby clothes..

Thank you Kimmy..

Will go down to see if there's any good deals.

Need to buy a number of items such as:

- breast pump

- cot bumper n cot mattress

- feeding bottles + teats after confirming breast pump brand n model

- baby sling (before 6 mths)

- car seat (for 6 mths onwards.. intend to carry it before 6 mths when out so can cut cost)

I've gotten some hand me down from sister. but i dun think i've enuff baby clothes for newborn.. may consider getting 2nd hand for kiddo to wear at home to cut cost.

no worries mommies...good things must share...I plan to take leave on friday, avoid crowd over weekend...haven buy enuf stuffs for my baby and same as misty, dun know wat to buy :-(

oh by the way, i watched the movies Babies last Sat. It was good! Very real and amusing esp the Japanese bb girl and the African bb boy.

Catch it if you can it will make you feel the warmth and you cant wait to see your bb ;)

little pig :

For me I am feeling BH since 19-20 weeks pregnancy. It is like suddently my uterus muscles get harder with pulling sensation in front near belly button feeling like uterus and belly is stretching. It comes every 15-20 or sometimes hours apart and goes back in less than 1 min. It is not painful but uncomfortable if i am walking.

Hi ladies, I have somethings which I need advise for... sigh.

I believe most of us are working now. I just joined this new company and am on probation. I am having problems with my immediate boss and things dun look good. She's always picking on me and delayed my confirmation. She even implied that I lied to her when I interviewed that I was not starting a family anytime soon but it was true and this pregnancy was unexpected. Anyway, the thing is, things are not going well.

Just today, I had to take half day cuz Im due for detailed scan and the hospital has an opening today and asked me to go today. So I took half day last minute. She called and asked me about somethings then she said that Im not doing a good job and not to 'push' her otherwise she will find ways to terminate me.

The thing is, can she terminate or threaten to terminate me during my pregnancy? Is there some place where I can lodge a complain? What if she makes me so stress to resign on my own? I know she will come to that point. How can I protect myself and my interests? Can someone help?

akaysha,

according to MOM website:

Employees on probation

As long as the employee has served her employer for at least 90 days before the birth of the child, and meets the other eligibility criteria for maternity leave under the Employment Act or the Children Development Co-Savings Act, she is eligible for paid maternity leave.

so u need to work for the company for at least 90 days before u r entitled maternity leave. however, if u resign on yr own then u won't get anything.

because u r still on probation, yr boss can find all sorts of reasons to terminate u, saying u did not meet the work standards etc etc.

u can call MOM directly for advise and if u feel u've been wrongfully terminated.

Hi Grumpus,

Thank you. I know the Employment Act covers, but do they cover ladies who are employed as Managers and Executive level? What I am worried now is that my boss will have small actions to make me resign on my own due to stress level rather than they terminate me, as they know that they are not allowed to terminate me during my pregnancy. What can I do?

Hi Grumpus,

Thank you. I know the Employment Act covers, but do they cover ladies who are employed as Managers and Executive level? What I am worried now is that my boss will have small actions to make me resign on my own due to stress level rather than they terminate me, as they know that they are not allowed to terminate me during my pregnancy. What can I do?

Hi Akaysha

hmm.. sounds like me. Is that any way to talk to your boss' boss? She wil use ways and means to terminate you cos of your 'bad' performace even though u r doing a good one.

This April, I started my new job and barely into enter my 1st mth of my new job, I realised that I was pregnant. I realised I was preg even b4 I missed my period (was 3 weeks old). I took home 3 preg kits + 1 check frm GP.

I announced to my boss of my pregnancy cos my office was undergoing reno then. Wanted to tell her as I do not wish to carry and shift heavy stuff. My lady boss then turned nasty towards me. Told me that she won't talk to me unneccessary from onwards and treated me coldly and as if I was transparent. She did and say all kind of nasty words towards me. That worsen my pre-netal blues. (though it was a plan preg).

After seeing two 2 GPs and discussion with my hubby, I decided to resign with immediate effect. Cos I do not want a crying and sad baby. Dr even diagnose me with depression lor. During that period, I was crying w/o any reasons lor.

Updates......

This Spree is extended to Tuesday 21Sep. Mummies who wants to join the spree, Hurry put down your orders.

Mummies who have already placed orders, please make Payment to POSB Savings 109-69332-4, with your nickname.

Email [email protected] with your payment details and delivery address.

Postpartum Tummy Wrap

With Pouch : $129 per wrap + free postage.

Pouchless: $119 per wrap + free postage

Cold/Warm Pack: $18 + free postage

Wrap with Pouch + Cold/Warm Pack: $145 + free postage

1) Miaiko - PAID

2) esthert - PAID

3) luckymummy11 - PAID

4) cookiefleur - PAID

5) chercat - PAID

6) hoshi - PAID

7) kikapo - PAID

8) Jass1408 -PAID

9) Daphne - PAID

10) Darienna - PAID

11) Ting - PAID

12) Misty - PAID

13) Trevitrevi - PAID

14 Pinky_J - PAID

15) Nimkulut - PAID

16) Valerie142 - PAID

17) Jovial - PAID

18) Lily_H - PAID

19) Little Oxygen - PAID

20) Sofia - PAID

21) Komathi (Pouchless, size: XS-M)

22) gingersnap82 - PAID

23) nikki1975 - PAID

24) Chelleybaby - PAID

25) pinkimum - PAID

26) Kelly - PAID

27) chubbybabe ( pouchless size XS-M)

28) kimmyksc (pouchless size XS-M)

Hi Pooh, that was sad to hear. It happened to me as well, I was so stressed at work I couldn't stop crying at one point of time. I cannot afford to resign as I need the income, but I do not want to be 'forced' to resign. I read in other websites that employers are not allowed to terminate an employee during their maternity leave, but did not mention anything about not being able to terminate an employee during their pregnancy so it worries me.

My boss has already verbally told me that she cannot take my 'nonsense' and will do whatever in her means to terminate me. What kind of a boss does that or say that to her staff? I don't know how much longer I can take and how much crap I can endure. Sigh...

akaysha,

the maternity leave portion covers all female employees, including managers and executives.

how many mths preggie are u now? employer is also not allowed to terminate u without sufficient cause within 6 mths before yr delivery. meaning, as long as u worked >90 days in the company and are already >3mths pregnant, the company cannot terminate u without sufficient cause. if they do, they still hv to pay u yr maternity benefits.

i guess the crux here is the "sufficient cause" part. of cos yr boss will come up with all sorts of 'valid' reasons to terminate u.

i really dunno how to advise u to hang in there

and not give in to resigning on yr own. cos if they do terminate u at least u can raise a dispute with MOM on wrongful termination. but if u resign on yr own, u won't get anything. can u talk to the HR in yr company? sometimes they will be willing to help. or maybe u shd really consider calling MOM and see how they can help mediate.

Hi Miaiko,

I would like to order the Postpartum Tummy Wrap.

Size: size XS-M

Will transfer the money to you tonight or tomorrow!

Thanks!

aiyo.. why got stories of such boss treating their expecting employees like this?

I tot my episode over liao and hope that no other boss is like this too. My ex lady boss also threaten to make me resign at my own will when I was pregnant. I find that so mean. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

CL, sure. I'll include u in the list [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

payment not to me pls. It's to the organiser. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Akaysha

Me too, when I resigned I really 'risked it'. My hubby is working for the church so his pay isnt alot. I have to pay for my maid's salary + levy (600-700 per mth) who is taking care of my dad. Currently, staying wif my in laws so not bad so at least i need not pay the utilities bills etc. Alot of my frds around me told me that baby is more important than $. Told me $ can be earned back but not my health and my bb's. So with that, I resigned. Cos I tried very hard for this bb (although its only a few mths tries).

I also dunno whats the best way to advise you. But I felt baby is more important than anything else. Mummy's emotion will effects the bb.

And on the another hand, if you are going to give birth soon then I mayb you want to bear with it. But the process mayb tough lor.

Updates......

This Spree is extended to Tuesday 21Sep. Mummies who wants to join the spree, Hurry put down your orders.

Mummies who have already placed orders, please make Payment to POSB Savings 109-69332-4, with your nickname.

Email [email protected] with your payment details and delivery address.

Postpartum Tummy Wrap

With Pouch : $129 per wrap + free postage.

Cold/Warm Pack: $18 + free postage

Wrap with Pouch + Cold/Warm Pack: $145 + free postage

1) Miaiko - PAID

2) esthert - PAID

3) luckymummy11 - PAID

4) cookiefleur - PAID

5) chercat - PAID

6) hoshi - PAID

7) kikapo - PAID

8) Jass1408 -PAID

9) Daphne - PAID

10) Darienna - PAID

11) Ting - PAID

12) Misty - PAID

13) Trevitrevi - PAID

14 Pinky_J - PAID

15) Nimkulut - PAID

16) Valerie142 - PAID

17) Jovial - PAID

18) Lily_H - PAID

19) Little Oxygen - PAID

20) Sofia - PAID

21) Komathi (Pouchless, size: XS-M)

22) gingersnap82 - PAID

23) nikki1975 - PAID

24) Chelleybaby - PAID

25) pinkimum - PAID

26) Kelly - PAID

27) chubbybabe ( pouchless size XS-M)

28) kimmyksc (pouchless size XS-M)

29) CL(watertap) - (pouchless size XS-M)

Lily - that day when i was having the detailed scan, i asked the sonographer since i already had my amnio is there still a need for detailed scan? She said of cos, as they are testing for different things.

akaysha - that day my gynae was telling me, if u are not yet 6 or 7 mths preg (he cannot remember if it is 6 or 7 mths), yr company can terminate you anytime. You may want to email MOM to check on this as they will be in the best position to advise.

Lily, Komathi:

I also don't know about bb's wight. Asked during my detailed scan last Sat and the sonogrpaher said that its to light to be measured by weight. Then, I asked about the length and her reply is that bb is all curled up as there is no space for her liao. Estimated to be more than 15.5cm.

Misty:

Me too. Haha not sure what to buy as i will try to recycle what I had. Thou I just bought another playmat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

akaysha:

Oh dear, hope you are feeling better today. Yes, please find out more info from your HR or MOM so that you know where to get the support in the event that your boss decides to take drastic measures.

akaysha, firstly MOM do not cover excutive/managerial levels, any complain or sue gonna be in civil court.

secondly, u r not yet in ur 7th mth pregnant during probation so the clause of paid maternity during probation is not applicable for u.

thirdly, u r in probation, which means u r new and not a confirmed employee. Thus an employer has the right to terminate you once your probation period is up and deem as unsuitable for confirmation.

Overall, i think u should keep an open mind and discuss with your boss and sound out if ur boss tinks u r not performing up to required of ur position, or is because of pregnancy tat affected ur performance/attendance.

If after the tok u still believe that they r biase and treat u this way because of not wanting to pay ur maernity, then u can choose to resign then to burn bridges. If ur company is not a small co and ur superior is not the boss cum GM of the company, then i dont think they will do this to avoid paying.

i was forced to resign when i pregnant with my #1. It was a small co and my boss tok to me n made it clear that he cannot afford to pay. So i just resign. No point staying.

Hope this helps..

hihi... just read abt all the comments on depression and work troubles and all and thought that i will contribute too...

i was also diagnosed with depression for my pregnancy. it started with a bad scare in the mrt where i blacked out from low blood pressure and after that i had a phobia of leaving the house. i was scared to go anywhere, and if i did leave the house, i would hyperventilate and have cold sweat etc etc. and it just quickly went downhill very fast from there.

i agree with Pooh that baby comes first and i was lucky to have an understanding boss who allowed me to take a few months of no pay leave. i am still seeing my psychiatrist now for my condition and really hope to get well soon.

yes its esp hard when other people dun understand the stress of pregnancy and pre-natal blues/depression. for me, it came from my family instead of from the office. it was hard for them to understand cos they are conservative and dun understand depression. u can't just "snap out of it". if i could, i really want to.

for those who are going thru stress or find yourselves more "down" than what the usual pregnancy hormones cause, pls talk to a professional. i was glad that my gynae "spotted" the signs of my depression and referred me to a psychiatrist.

akaysha> i hope that everything works out for you, not sure if u wanna try or ur boss is open to it, but maybe even talking or confronting your boss to ask her what she means by "nonsense". if she refuses to talk, then maybe like what grumpus suggested, can get HR to play the mediator?

i always thought that female bosses will be more understanding towards preg employees. but sometimes, they are the ones who are harsher and come down worse. even if they have gone thru preg/kids, doesn't mean that they will understand. sometimes, they might even think that "i've also been thru it what, how come you so 'problematic'" etc etc.

my heart goes out to all the preg mummies here who are facing challenges. let us all "jia you" together! =)

Hi, i'm selling Avent single electronic pump w manual function(u.p $299) which can be brought out easily.

Used less than 2 weeks, condition 9.5/10.

Will be giving away (worthed > $80) :

- BN Avent breast shells x2

- BN Avent nipple protector x2

- Preloved Avent thermo bag, black(used less than 2 weeks too).

- BN Avent nipple cream

Pls text me your best offer.

Medela Swing from USA

-Packaging seal broken but not used(STILL NEW)

i am selling this set @$170

Let me know by PM if interested.Thank u

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4493725.jpg]

Hi all,

I m so scared la... Will be transitioning into my new team this oct - it means tht I will be under "training" for 3 mnths then "off" to maternity break for 4 mnths...

It is actually agreat opportunity to be rotated into a new role after 1yr in my current one... So I m v anxious to do well... Besides i got preg with my little princess less than one mnth of being married...

Also feel that my stress tolerance level is not as good as before...

(akaysha):

This happens all the times unfortunately to pregnant mums [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] They will find all excuses to fire you during probation. I have faced similar situation but luckily I postponed my pregnancy at that time.

I think your best ways is " force them to fire you" insteead of resign [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] because at least you wont regret why you resigned and take your job lightly just to get a cheque until they fire [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Dont try to prove ur self anymore since they will never be satisfied once your boss's chemistry already not good with you, no matter how hard you try he will not change his mind and it will only affect u and ur baby.

So let them fire u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

GOOD LUCK!

Back