(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

muddypaws

did e doc mention abt e MMR jab?? after see e news tat S'pore wan to bring forward e MMR jab i vy scare to bring my gal for her 1yr jab le.

PSH: Nope, doc didn't mention anything. If my marshmallow brain recall correctly, I think we have already started her on that.

Eon: Don't worry so much about Chey's weight. As long as she's pee-ing, poo-ing and sleeping ok, then she should be ok.

Raspy: Liz is now getting fussy. My helper did butter-fried rice for her with ham and green peas. Liz picked out the ham and peas to eat, and left the rice alone. Similarly, helper maid cheese/ham sandwich, she would eat the ham but not the bread. Anyway, doc says it's ok to let her be.

Hi Mummies

Any of you feel that your boobs are smaller than before pregnancy? Mine were [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] after first and second pregnancy. Wondering if it's because I didn't eat enough tonic during my confinement [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mrs Ang: Mine shrank... I didn't have much to begin with, and now it's even worse [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Eoneon, oh no, Chey plung dwn? My mind now she is in the spiderman action crawling on the floor n plunking LOL…so must be very extra careful!

Mrs Ang, I just finish bf my 2nd kid in Nov and now my boobs are sooo droopy & saggy,sad

Surprisingly my cup didn’t reduce, it is C cup! I was B previously, cos last week I went to Triumph boutique at AMK hub n was interested in their new bodyshape line, they launch some new bodyshaper lingerie (S,A,O etc..)

So the SA measure my vital stats n my boobs are C cup now..so I hope I will remain it, I told her I bf 2 kids and go thru 2 preggies, so my boobs n figures are in drastic changes for the past 3 years…she said I need a good firm and support bra to bring my boobs back, it is now droopy and open, my nipples are pointing out towards my armpit, if u know what I mean?

So I bought 2 good support bra ,heng need nt maximiser , she said need to wear good support bra to bring the support back n prevent frm boobs sag further and a tummy tuck underwear to hide my droopy tummyskin, my tummy is flat but skin loose liao, hiaz sad so need a good firming panty to support n hide my skin :p

Mrs Ang, mine too. From a B drop to in between A & B. Super sad... I think next pregnancy (if I do try!) I might not want to bf liao. Go through all that headache and stress and end up with smaller boobs. What a waste of effort and boobies!

Dew, not waste of effort lah, see gwen so happy and healthy and how close you guys are ^.^

My boobs are just milk machines. Eversince I had kids...they are not longer mine. Hhahahahhaah!

Jam, my girl takes all her jabs at the Poly clinic. Don't need to wait long, the most is 15-20mins from your appointment time. Must take appointment and don't be too early / late. Because even if you're early, if also need to wait as the other timing got other babies already. (E.g. your appointment time is 9am, but you reached at 8.20am. Another mummy come in at 845am, she can just go into the room as its her appointment time.)

Our polyclinic is at AMK central. Not sure if there's any difference in practice for the other polyclinics.

Wahaha! Hello mummies!!

Thought of dropping in to see how the thread is doing.. while drowning myself with the 200++ emails for being away last week..

Great to see the thread is moving!

Dew: can't help laughing at your "Go through all that headache and stress and end up with smaller boobs. What a waste of effort and boobies!"

Mine shrank too! Said bye bye to cleavage.. :-D

hello mommies! i'm also just dropping in in-between work... yes Dew, mrs Ang, bubbly, mine too! from B to A/B.... another pregnancy and maybe upgrade to A+ :S

Roz: yes that's true! do u intend to stop anytime soon or just continue? i stopped at 10 months cause no more supply...

Raspy

My girl not fussy about food. Think cos scared I scold her. Oops. It's more like don't know how to eat. Whatever I give, she will open mouth to take. But she will choke/gag. It's as if got sensitive gag reflex. When she goes for pd check layer this month I will check with pd. Anyway, these few days seem a bit better. Gave that small milk biscuit to 'train' her, like getting better.

Wa, since you also no fb, next time I come here chat with you Liao. Lol, I lazy to maintainfb account.

Boobs

I also think my boobs change. Sianz.... Some more I still bf. By the time I stop think gone case Liao.

hello mummies! just popped in to see how the thread is moving along - ahhahahhaha... now still about boobs eh? hahahaha... i was telling my hb and he said "you all talk about boobs on forum?!?!" LOL! guess the guys dun talk abt such things...

roz, i dunno if the closeness is from the bf-ing or cos in the first few months of her life i'm her sole caretaker at night... 'cos was staying with my parents then and hb was back at his. my MIL doesn't understand why gwen is such a sticky lil koala whenever i'm around, and i don't either. my best guess is cos of that lor. :p

Ohhh... The month of December. I love December.

Mommies, any suggestion for a cake that I can let my gal have on her birthday while I serve the normal cake to the other guests.

Kinda mean for her to miss out on the whole cake action. Am thinking if there is a cake that is safe for her to dig in/get dirty on her own.

mummies: how is your day so far?

raspy: i cook corn for chey quite often. in fact, chey's porridge, soup or food that is cook with my home made stock is super sweet de. cause i use a lot of ingredients to sweeten the stock. thereafer i will freeze the stock to be used daily for her food. her food taste yummy without any seasoning. so its just this little girl is making life difficult for her mummy and grandma. haiz..

muddypaws: she is but to have reducing weight is not healthy. if she is growing but very very slowly im still ok but not with her reducing weight.

mango: yah! she enjoys doing that. so i have to constantly correct her and teach her the right way of climbing down.

bubbly: ^5!! i also cannot help laughing at that phrase.

littlemay: yes, a lot of the mummies have been telling me to let chey try pediasure... heard its good for light weight babies.

alluring: i have been feeding chey the normal cakes we bought from bakery. why arent you giving your girl her share of her birthday cake?

Eon, I am ordering from awfully chocolate. I really dont think I will offer that to her cos it is too chocolatey.

I am wondering if you guys will buy a separate cake. I think I might just buy those mini sponge cake from the bakery and top with yogurt to be her smash cake.

So many things to plan for her party...!!

Good morning mummies!

Everyday hear Xmas songs playing in office, make me feel so festive.. holiday mood.. ;-)

alluring: we didn't get a separate cake for zaizai. Hubby fed him with bits of his birthday cake we ordered from Coffee Bean. Zaizai tried to touch and slap the cake, but it was still intact coz the fondant was heavy duty.. If you want to have smash cake, maybe those cupcakes with lots of cream on top? :p

Good Morning Mummies!

Samantha: My girl likes the Gerber Puff. Maybe you want to try that. I guess slowly the gag effect will go off after she get used to eating.

Roz: I also self-graduated myself after my girl's first year old. Hee.. cant imagine how I made it through to 1 yr. Finally got my sleep back.

Eon: I see. For us, we didnt cook stock, just direct cook the porridge with the ingredients. My mum felt its fresher and this way, my girl can eat those veg in the porridge too. Another reason is also cause we got a supermart and wet market downstair. My girl's so happy when my dad and mum bring her to buy stuff. Hee.. Don't worry, I guess our kiddo will grow at their own pace, so long as they are still active, smiling and healthy, should be ok.

alluring: We also ordered awfully chocolate for my girl's birthday. Hee.. cause I was so late in ordering the cake and none of the other bakery are willing to 'write' on the cake for me. Only awfully chocolate is able to do. But their cake is niceeey. We didnt give my girl too. So far, she hasn't try any stuff with eggs and most cakes contain eggs. Planning to let her try the egg only after her 1yr old jab.

raspy: I thought I heard or read somewhere that we need to test eggs on our bubs by 1 yo for their jabs. Not sure if I remember wrongly though..

Bubbly: I think the test egg before jab is the mmr or something jab.. my girl's taking it at her 1yr 3mth or 18mth old (cant recall, need to check that health booklet). That time when we went for her 9mth assessment, the nurse planned her jabs with us. Because we shared our concerns over the eggs allergy thingy, so the nurse helped us to planned her schedule on that to be after 1 yr old.

oh raspy: how nice of the nurse.. hee... we are going for the 1yo jab this week.. will also check on allergy.. zaizai is allergic of butter.. haiz..

morning mummies and daddies ^_^

alluring: arh, so desu nei.. i will be feeding her the birthday cake we ordered for everyone. hehe... im a bad mummy!

bubbly: thats so nice. i think i should play some xmas music too. our office is so dead!

raspy: i see.. we will cook fresh too, other than using the stock. so she gets her share of veggie and meat freshly but enhance with the stock i did... so her food is super duper sweet in that sense. dont need any seasoning at all. but she is still rejecting her food.

yup! agree that so long they are active, smiling, healthy and happy there isnt much we should be worried about.

stefie: hope Alexis is recovering well. It's really heartwrenching moments you've went through with your girl. You're a very brave mummy!

eon: my Kay is getting bad these days. She'll sway her head off during meal time. Put her hands in the mouth to play wif her food .. super low morale [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mummies,

I am here to assist those who is not aware of anything on ugrading you and your child medishield plan..

Basically you can upgrade just by deducting the medisave account.

As long as you are working , you will have sufficient amount in your medisave to deduct .

This is to get a comprehensive hospitalisation coverage in the case of emergency.

Anyone had not done so or do not have a existing consultant to assist ?

Please contact me at 82225541 Brenda to find out more. No obligation , no worries.

Oh ya, I am a mummy of 2 hence in a way I think if we can get to claim more in that event (Most common : Dengue ?) .. why not?

morning mummies,

didn't realise the thread is alive again.. it was kind of dead for a while in nov right?

anyway i love the mth of dec! esp now w our little one's bd to celebrate... my bd and christmas coming! super holiday mood [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

we had a tiny bd celebration for leah on her actual bd and i ordered a lychee martini cake fr pine garden.. she loved it! kept screaming for more.. and whenever i walked away w her cake she kept shouting at me... oh and she was so fast, when i brought her near to the cake to take picture, the next thing we knew she had her hands right in it cos the cake is a cream one, so super soft..

eoneon,

she now really hates porridge.. ok to eat rice and soup but even then, eat the most 5 spoons.. as for her porridge, she will eat 2 spoons then refuse to open her mouth.. and swing her hands angrily at the spoon, sigh..

next week i will ask pd how when i bring her for her jab..

as for pediasure, pd did recommend for my no1 and she has been taking tat since she turned 1 yr.. but because she is not a milk monster, the amt she drinks doesn't really help to fatten her up.. still v skinny girl...

Stefie,

jus read ur post abt alexis.. u're a brave mummy! i too would hv been super freaked out and not know what to do...

actually my ikea high chair strap is no longer there.. since my no 1 time.. but leah still doesnt know how to climb up.. but its a good reminder.. i think i better start putting her on the booster seat on the floor instead.

by the way, where can i go and buy good comfy pre-walker shoes? that are not very exp?

my girl still dunno how to walk on her own, but loves for us to hold her hand to walk ALL THE TIME.. resulting in backaches in everybody... and when we go out, she will still insist on 'walking' but this horrible mummy here doesnt have any shoes for her, so end up walk barefoot resulting in super black feet... haha

Osh> I love bobux range, they hv v cute designs for girls esp, and they last forever!

Currently my boy is wearing the leather soft soled shoes I bought from peanutstore online, the soles are thinner and they r non-slip.

Re: Prewalker shoes

Oshgosh, I got mine from FoxBaby when they had sale a while back. Very cheap. 2 pairs for maybe abt $30 or so after discount.

I found the pair quite satisfactory cos I was shopping for light ones (cannot be too heavy cos is their first pair) and I want the front and back of the shoes with a little rubber like the sole part so there is more friction.

Re:MMR JAB

When I went to the PD last week for his 1 year old jab. PD mentioned that the new MMR jab is not necessary especially since our current schedule is already so comprehensive. The normal jab will already have a possibility of a fever, the MMR Chicken POX will also have a possibility of a fever. She say if give both to the kid, how can their body handle it. So she said don't worry about following it.

RE: BOOBS

Sorry a little late on this topic. I WISH my boobs will SHRINK!!! Since giving birth like never shrink.. then again waist also never shrink. Thighs also never shrink... -__-

RE: Egg

I've given little R some cake (from normal bakery). So far ok.. but haven't tried cooking an egg egg for him. Which is it that we should introduce? The white or the yolk first?

Egg,

Previously there were articles tat says cannot intro yolk and white at the same time.. but recently i've read new research tat says should intro both at same time... anyway i think if family has no history of food allergies, it is safe to introduce whole egg but just to watch for any signs of allergies..

for me, i jus gave her the whole egg.. so far ok.

Boobs,

for 2nd or 3rd time mummies, did ur boobs shrink EVEN more??

my is almost non-existent after 2nd preg.. i am def not going to try for no 3!! wait become concave..

Egg> i read is give yolk first coz the white is allergenic. Once i saw on the news, they were doing a story on egg allergies and the woman was feeding her son raw egg!

So far, i noticed that my son is allergic to cinnamon. Whenever we give him anything wih cinnamon he will have rashes around his mouth, and if there was a lot, diarrhea! According to my mum, cannot eat curry liao!

Osh> lolz @ concave! I know for sure i grew...wider all around hahahahha

Good afternoon mommies and daddies[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mommies remember to drink more water[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just back for my Saigon trip. Please don't plan to go there for holiday. Nothing much, things and food are cheap. I kena con by taxi drivers, I paid S$37 for 10 mins trip. That driver super no heart, see me tourist not used to their zeros.... and with a baby in my carrier. And I had mild food poisoning.

Then back home, some Ah beng steal my old visor. I want to laugh, things will gets better lah. Ha!! ha!!!

boobs - Mine is the same small size, but I still have milk even I stopped BF Alexis after 3 months. I guess if I have no. 2 I will try harder to BF till my no. 2 1 year old bah.

Sunshine, thanks[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thank God Alexis is well[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Alexis also like that, I guess maybe it is a phase bah. Our little ones are trying to explore everything, from food to anything they can reach. Alexis loves to play with my makeup stuff.

Raspy, yes every 6 months till our little ones are 18 months old. 1st, 6th, 12th and 18 months. $4K only leh still have to split to 4 times, haiz...

Oshgosh, just sharing, to save mommies from the pain I went thru.

Alexis is also bare footed. I just let her stand on chairs or my thighs. I find it is better for her to feel the ground 1st, then she can walk properly then I will get better shoes. Cos good shoes are important, I worry Alexis will ends up like hubby flat foot. And I no need to worry her shoes will gone missing[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Alexis hates eggs. So not feeding her now. Her current fav, small banana and cheese. Ha!! ha!!

She super greedy, now will say, mommmm, mommmm =I want more food. Ha!! ha!!

oshgosh, concave?!?! LOLOL!!! i couldn't stop laughing, that's a horrible thought actually. gosh, now am thinking if i do try for a 2nd one i will not attempt bf-ing. i can't afford for my gals to shrink any further (as it is Gwen is trying her bestest to stomp them flat every night, sigh!)

as for shoes, i got "branded" ones while my parents bought from the market. most impt is that the shoes are soft soled and light (which the market ones are and work very well). since they outgrow their shoes fast, i say save the branded ones for later, let leah try market ones first. not so heartpain and less stressful on your pockets.

hmm... i haven't been a very good mommy in noticing food allergy. there was once she had rashes ard her mouth but i had no idea what caused them 'cos she's been putting everything into her mouth, so hard to control when she's running around. :p got to be more vigilant.

eggs - i just feed her with both white and yolk. easiest to feed is steamed egg with rice/porridge. i think if family has no history of food allergy, then might be quite safe to assume no allergy for baby too.

Hello mummies,

sorry to interrupt. I have a few bottles of Happy Baby puffs (different flavours) to let go at $5 each. Self-collect only. Expiry date 2013. Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

Hi mommies, I have some great stuff to share[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mommies who wants sunscreen and moisturizer all in 1 for AM using, can try Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 SPF 15, I am using the Gentle one which is for sensitive skin. I bought from Venus in Compass point for $12.90/50ml, this is Vietnam version (no English). I also buy the non-SPF one for night use. I just love my skin now.

Yesterday I just stock-up at Prime Supermarket the SPF15 Gentle version for $13.50 for local version and White Radiance Cream Cleanser $3.90/100ml. The Total effects Cream Cleanser is also good. As these 2 cleanser do have some small beads to exfoliates and BHA to deep cleanse your skin while hydrating it. It helps to reduced my huge acne during that time of the month.

You may want to try their Whitening range SPF 19 (old verison) or the SPF24 (new) at very cheap price in Venus.

These ranges are also available in Watsons, Guardian but much more ex. Now needs to find good stuff at cheap price since all our $$$ goes to FM and diapers.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just my 2 cents lah[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dewdew, this is cheap poison lah[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Anyway my siaoness for skincare is now on drug store brands[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good afternoon mummies!

good to see the thread alive once again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: boobs and BF

i strongly agree BF shrinks the boobs! mine became smaller after #1(breastfed 4mths ) and even worse after #2 ( breastfed 7mths ), pretty upset at how they have become [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] boohoo... din know it can be this bad, else will really stop BF earlier! sigh.. all for the kids... confirm no #3 for me!

stefie - tat taxi driver is such a meanie! $37 is ridiculous in Vietnam!i wld have felt vvv unhappy after been conned.. i hate cheater bugs like tat.. i get 'chopped' v often at wet markets and always leave the market looking super grumpy.. HB says i got a 'carrot' face :S

osdhgosh - i got those 'beep beep' shoes fr BHG for bout $15 each. pretty cute to hear them 'beeping' away hee...

Hi mummies!!

Been reading but had no time to post!

Celebrated my son's birthday recently.

Re: Pre-walker shoes

I got pediped for my boy through online spree. I got the light ones that are meant for very young toddlers. its so soft and easy to walk in. Highly recommended for our 1 year old babies.

Any mummies with their babies walking already? Mine just started walking on his own. Was really surprised because he walked before he turned 1. I didn't expect that as he started his first milestone of flipping over quite late. But i guess he caught up. I really cannot keep my eyes off him already because he can go anywhere he wants to now. Tiring but really cute to see him walk. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: Boobs.

My boobs grew so much when i BF. Now that i'm stopping, its getting smaller.. hahahaha even my HB noticed. But mummies, don't be sad about boob size. I feel smaller boobs make a lady look slimmer. haha. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stefie: Your experience in Vietnam reminded me of the time we got cheated by a cabbie in HCM too. Charged us US$50 for a taxi ride when it should have costed us US$6. His taxi meter was obviously rigged, but hubby decided not to argue with him (for our safety).

re: boobs

Yes, mine have gone down to A-. Almost non-existent now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Debbie: My girl started walking at 10.5months. Outgrew her Fox Baby size 4 shoes in 3weeks, now wearing Zara sneakers (size 21!).

Hi all mummies!!

Muddypaws: mine still can't walk neither does she wants to crawl... I can't wait for her to start walking!!

Stefie: heart pain heart pain but u did well in calming down get the right mind set . And good that Alexis is recovering well! Take care!!

Stefie, can't resist your poison, went to buy the total effect cleanser to try. Hee.. Me also want to spread poison. The ettusais having a promo, free luggage bag for $180 purchase, the luggage is cute. Got blue & pink, I got the pink one. Very nicey.. Think can use it for staycation (hotel stay) when we bring our girl. Hee.. I got the skin Up, the one which was on the clip that u previously shared. Quite good. Also got the Bb cream, just apply, put abit of blusher & good to go. Simple & easy for me who seldom makeup. Hee.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

raspy, oh i love ettusia products! over weekend spent alot n gt a pink luggage bag! my sis gng HK today so i lent her..

On eggs, egg whites are the ones that are more likely to cause allergy. My gal has been having hard boiled egg yolk everyday since she's about 8 mths old. For whole eggs, I will start when she's one.

Muddy paws, my boy is wearing size 21 too. He has big feet!

Little may, actually my MIL fed my son egg white since he was 9 or 10 months without me knowing. No reaction so unlikely he has allergy to it. But if you haven't start egg white, good to start after one year old.

Back