(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

rainbow, i love dried scallops for porridge.. had plenty of tt during my pregnancy. haha... btw, kiddy palace sale is till jun.

i wanna join in the drinking session too... count me in.. though i very much miss gg out clubbing so much.,...

stefie, u make korea's trip sound so tempting tt i wanna go so much now.. wahaa..

dbaby, my bb is eating porridge already. so far still quite ok. i put two types of vege into her porridge so she wun get constipation. read in one of the baby weaning books tt ratio of vege to meat shld be 2:1 .

cherry, ya sure. we can plan for the one yr bash tgt..

neko, are u alright? if u nid help or anything can ring me since we're staying near each other.

dec mum> i not sure leh..i also didn't think too much about it till i think stefie mentioned recently that she got the call too? haha...

Jiu GUI kakis: klitz, most welcome!! ok, set plus onz! We shall arrange one soon. Either Rena's or my place when hubby is outstationed so we can have whole house to ourselves. Looking forward!!!

Klitz: if we can make it tomorrow, my hubby will be coming too. I will text you since I don't have Chris's number. Haiz... Still can't get over the lose of my sim card!

klitz, u mean yr hb wants to go meet for the gathering tmrw?? i believe andrea said she's bringing her entire family, so i'm sure it's ok. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i miss clubbing too! everytime hear the club music will think of the fun but no energy to go club at all. lol... so sit down and drink is the next best alternative!

esquare & amelia, yr tastes are classier than mine! lol... i'm happy with fried chicken and a jug of cold beer. :p not a big fan of wine cos dunno how to appreciate. hehe... last saturday my fren treated me to a glass of cold asahi... woooo, i was so happy! hahaha...

eoneon, sure. text me tml... hope to see ya tml...

dewdew, ya. he wanna come and see how bbs communicate. told him the gathering at bishan was fun. seeing yuffiz and cherry's bb communicating.. so interesting...

ya... we're just so exhausted to go club.. shld have a ladies night out hor?? just once in a blue moon.. find back our "value" haha...

i also like red wine.. haha... i'm fine with almost all.. except beer.. i scared tummy lei... haha

Ahhhhh I also want to be jiu gui. But I'm still bf-ing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

oh yes, consolidation of next week sale:

1) 25/5, Wed: Tangs, 12% rebates for members

2) 25/5, Wed: Isetan Sale

3) 28/5-29/5 Sat & Sun: Philips Carnival

grumpus, i also bfing... i'm planning to pump before drinking... den next pump just throw...

dewdew, yeah... next week is gg to be a very broke week with so much sales gg on.

btw, any mummies have any idea of any bb fair coming up? as my fren's gg to buy her bb stuff before she deliver.

Haa!! I rem all the jiu guisss discussion during our pregnancy times! Yea yea now u all can proceed to hav a great night to drink!

Klitz, ya really v cute eh. So looking fwd to our weekly meetup for our bb to hav playdates. Or not everyday stay home jus see me and toys so Boring.

Hehe seeing everyone talk about jiu makes me drool too! Only can take wine as beer will keep me burping haha

Cherry, me also looking forward to weekly meet up but just now I realize it is going to be school holiday for my elder boys after next wk! Thinking to enroll holidays programs or deposit at my in law house...haha then I can go over to your place to visit you and bb since so near...hehe

Mummies and babies meeting today, have fun and take more pics [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello mummies and daddies!

I managed to return the Rainbow yesterday! Yay! They only charged me $107 for the admin fee,no additional charges for the machine after the technician checked it.

After that, shopping spree again for me. I went Kiddy Palace Toa Payoh, member 20% off but end up going to Causeway Pt coz the thing I wanted out of stock at TP. I spent 4hrs + at CP, very long at Kiddy Palace coz trying to decide which weaning set to get and also just shop ard.

Managed to shop for myself too!

Re: Raycop

I'm keen, so far how many ppl keen? Are we still gonna consolidate and ask supplier? I can try calling them next week.

Klitz: There will be a bb expo in Jul. Saw it from the babysuperstore website.

http://www.babysuperstore.com.sg/

Btw, next Mon is Paragon is it? After lunch, any other plans? I'm meeting my ex-boss for lunch at Raffles Plc. So if u guys still ard, maybe I can join u guys after my lunch.

Eon eon, I remember that you have the fisherprice jumperoo. How much did you pay and where did u buy it from? Decided to let my gal do some exercise now that she's 5 months.

Rainbow,

Welcome back [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] .. Hm.. Remember I told u my boy just started learning to jump?.. Now must return jumperoo coz he is 10.7 and max limit is 11kg[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi moms,

my older one love peek aboo, i jus sit at one corner with my no2 and she ll play by herself. I usually go weekday. But i prefer polliwog cos bigger, but my gal can go indepndently at klp.So moms, anyone keen next weekday update me.

by e way, wed meetup at parkway ,anyone else is keen?

Amuro,

I love to go parkway.. But no mrt so it's tough for me to go coz if I need to pick up the kids on time.. If take cab there no problem but back will be peak hour.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

thanx juliana for the link, will send to my fren.

amuro, i might not be able to make it to the gathering on wed. it happens to be sales day for tangs and isetan. so i'll be gg town to shop. any gals wanna go too?

btw, i'll be ordering fruits from a wholesaler contact. will be ordering avocados and the big new zealand apples. anyone keen to share? but have to self collect at my place in serangoon central

juls> glad to hear tt can return the rainbow at minimal loss [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

me is going for tangs sale this weds...i MUST leave with at least a kettle haha. if hubby can take leave, then we'd probably go watch Pirates in the AM, shop after then dash back for my girl's Parent-teacher meeting. Can't believe N2 also hv PTM, 1 hour slot some more. nervous.

avocado> gv my boy some the other day, and he spat it out after a few spoonfuls. past few days he's been on bananas and that leaves his poo full of green 'worms'. I had to look real closely to make sure they were not worms (not wriggling). At least I sure hope they weren't.

ha is hypo allergenic, my pd say formula with HA are for bbs tt are more prone to allergys. mayb mums tt are clearer on this can enlighten u more...

Grumpus, talking abt school holidays...I duno how to manage all 3 of them as haven't sign my 2 boys for holiday programs... How about you?

Amuro, is ur gal having school holidays too?

Btw how is peekaboo compare to polliwogs? Have been to polliwogs once and I find it quite ok as I can sit at the cafe and watch them...

Neko, what happened? Saw your short post. Anyway be strong for yourself and bb sake.

Anyway mummies , does having a kid stengthen the marriage or worsen it? I feel that I am getting more distant from hubby. I get frustrated that everyday he does nothing much but watch tv, surf FB, PLays with bb sometimes but does not feed him or change his diaper. So I make it a point that every sat, we would go out without the helper but just us plus bb. I get upset cos he leaves all the planning and thinking to me, where to go , what time to leave, even where to eat, he just can't be bothered to think at all and I feel that he does not appreciate it at all. I have to plan everything. And when we are out, he has no patience at all, whenever bb cries, he gets frustrated, I can't even enjoy shopping in peace. Frankly, i can enjoy myself more if I go out with bb and helper but I am doing it so that we can bond as a family but I find that he doesn't seem to appreciate at all. Is it really beyond him to plan and suggest some places or he can't be bothered? Earlier when I went to the study and saw that he had the internet on, tv on, and was playing games on his iphone, I was frustrated as he was wasting electricity, then i went to switch channels and he shouted 'Ooi!'. I told him he was playing games and he said he wanted to 'listen to news'. He did not speak nicely so that made me angry and I threw the remote on the table. Then he shouted at me , if i want to throw temper, get out of the room. I was really upset. went to my room , felt like crying but had no tears. I am not sure what I am feeling now, maybe disappointed...just feel that in this relationship, I am the one trying harder to make it work. Actually I can also dun bother, dun do anything but its bad for the marriage...well, seems like I ve said a lot, just wanted to rant.

Thanks klitz and Naf on info abt nan ha and nan pro. Was at nuc just now and checked it out. Ha more ex too! Dunno which sample to get. Probably nan pro. But likelyto try mamil gold since the jiejie is also taking it.

Oh Avocados- ntuc now having offer. Aust avocadoes usual price $5.45 for 3, now $3.95. Until 25/5. For those feeding their babies u might be interested. I bought a box but will wait til next week before I try.

Yvaine> err won't they overripen quickly? How do you store them?

Sharon> think ppl will say, kids either make or break the marriage. Maybe ur hubby kinda misses having you all to himself?

Sharon,

After seeing what u write.. It trigger my emo once again..

I promise myself not to look back but look forward but forward equals to Bo chap hb.. This is just part of my story.. Coz dun want to put u to zzzzzz

I have been married for 10 years.. The first 4 years of marriage was bad for me .. Cozy was staying with my in law for 3 year and had 2 miscarriage then.. After my depression hb decides to move back to our house..

Life was good but slowly seems lacking of something.. We tried so hard to have a kid.. And my frequent travel at work was making things worse.. So I resign and look for a local job.. Then I was pregnant.. Hb was caring and he still enjoyed the freedom I was giving him.. Until when doc advise me to stop work .. So problem started.. I slowly found out the other woman that hb has... And I wanted divorce .. Tho they did not have any intimate relationship as she is in another country but the emails and yahoo chats are enough to make me jump..

I was pregnant!! I cried and prayed.. Then I decided to for give but keep a close watch... When no1 came.. I had no maid and life was tough.. I had to take care of my heavy weight and cook plus housework.. I went into slight depression again .. I almost threw my boy down the chute..

After a good talk, he decided to help with the feeding and we got a part time maid..

So things was fine.. When I got pregnant with no2, I was working part time so hb decided to get a maid.. The maid that came was bad so he has no choice but to be hands on again.. Until the previous one that work for 2.5y.. Then total change.. With no3, he no longer change diaper, feed or carry .. Even playing with my boys seems a chore.. Coz too rely on the maid..

There were about a week when I had no maid.. I felt like killing him.. Coz he just sit and eye power my 2 elder boys and when bb cry he just dun bother.. I was busy wash and hanging the laundry and washing bottles..

Maybe u started with the maid.. So hb thinks since there is a maid to help .. So he decided to take the back seat...

Why dun u have a talk with him? Maybe he still can't engage with bb yet ?

If u feel upset just come in and vent.. Dun stress too much...ya

sharon, to me... a bb worsen a marriage. a bb supposed to be 爱的结晶 but i dunno how come after having a bb my marriage ended up on the rocks and i'm facing divorce. i understand ur situaton as i've gone through something similar. i'm like enduring the pain from engorgement as i didnt have time to pump at work till the extent of feeling feverish. but while i was busy pumping away, my bb cries. my hubby was just sitting there playing CS, when i asked him to help me pacify the bb. he just gave me a "wah lau" face. haiz... sometimes we just have to live with the fact that man and woman are just different. different in thinking, priorities and stuff... what to do...

i dunno if it helps, but talking to a counsellor might have eased off some unhappiness and help u tide through this period. cos i think we're all in for this rollercoaster ride once our bbs are born.

thanks yvaine for the avocado offer. i'll prob get from the supplier so she can choose nicer ones for me. hehe... tt day i went to ntuc to buy, too raw and hard.. cut open cannot feed bb end up have to throw away.. sianz...

roz, i was told that u can keep the avocado in the fridge to preserve the life. den leave it out in the open to hasten the ripening.

Sharon, chillchill.. My hub doesn't knowhow tochange diaper, make milk, shower bb, coax bb. He will only take care of bb when i shower or do some laundry hanging or when we're out alone with bb. Once done, bb is mine again. It really takes time for them to learn. Sometimes just hv to vlose both eyes in order to make a marriage works. Endurance plays a very big role in marriage.

Esq, dun look bk.. Watever it is, it's alrdy e past :D

Klitz, divorce doesnt mean it's bad. It will make u a stronger person.

Kltiz,

Actually ur hb is not so bad.. Coz he loves children .. Just that it's ur mother in law that is the monster.. And his imperfectness here and there..can see that u still care for him but can u take the imPerfect part of him is the major question..

Sharon, just gotta take things easy. You have a helper, so your hubby will tend to do less of the mundane stuff. my hubby also has never change baby's diapers, never bathed her, but will play with her. That's good enough. ( if you have helper lah, otherwise he needs to help out more). I've to plan weekend activities too, like swimming lah, botanic gardens lah, photoshoot lah. As long as he agrees and act as

chauffeur, can liao. At times I feel I quite 伟大. Have to

handle a full time job where I just got promoted, gotta rush to pump during lunch that I can't take a proper lunch, am the

primary caregiver during weekends. But when I compare

myself to sahm or ftwm with no helper or mothers support, I salute them.

I think first time daddies get very frustrated when babies cry. Need to get them used to it. And they still do not wish to change their lifestyle too much ie they still want their soccer matches, games, newspapers, etc. They not like mommies, can give up the whole world for their children. So I guess we just have to accept that.

Klitz

Got organic apples? Hee Hee! Next time u order avocado, let me know again. Now my gal hasn't started yet.

Don't mean to be kpo, but I was quite surprised when u mention that ur hubby is joining the gathering. Maybe things between u two aren't that bad after all?

Naf,

i usually sign my girl up for JG holiday program. but i didn't this yr cos their program didn't seem appealing.

i hv absolutely no idea wat i'm going to do everyday with my girl at home :p

holiday programmes> hmm i hvnt been thinking about this at all!! Maybe coz more preoccupied about hving to go back to work (sigh), next week is my last week of leave!!! Sobs...

Morning mummies! My wife and i decided to let our baby try semi solid food this weekend, so we went grocery shopping last evening.

We stood in front of the baby food section for at least half an hour deciding which food to get. We ended up buying HealthyTimes Brown Rice Cereal for Baby.

Any mummies tried this and have any reviews?

yugal, my baby also taking healthy times brown rice cereal. she was very receptive towards it, as compared to the traditional brown rice cereal from medicinal shops. sometimes i'll just cook the apples and mash it with the cereals to give variety and flavour. partly i wanted her to have a habit of eating fruits.

littlemay, i'm not sure if she got organic apples. will ask her when i place orders. will keep u in loop when i next place orders again.

things arent really gg well.. those who were there could probably see and find things amiss.. he's just there for the bb. haiz.. i also dun wanna go into details.. but i dun hold any hopes tt this marriage can be salvaged.

esquare, its the mum. his character flaws... but even if i can take his character.. i think no feelings between us for marriage lor.. or at least he doesnt have. and i'm quite shocked tt he can suddenly be so 绝情。

rainbow, ya... divorce isnt bad. at least i learn something.. and i'll teach my daughter tt... never marry a rich man... nor a rich man's son. they just have "too much" to think about, that they dunno how to enjoy simple life.

Rena, thanks for sharing your story, not to worry, did not bore me at all, if you look back, you have done a wei da job so you should feel proud of yourself. I sent him a mail last nite to tell him why I was frustrated cos too angry to talk, dunno if he has read the mail or not. Actually I think the good thing about your hubby is he at least she de to spend money on you. For me, almost everything is 50-50, which upsets me at times.

Klitz , I think both our hubby are bad-tempered ppl. Anyway, how r u coping now? Saw your post that your hubby wants to go for gathering so things are not so bad after all? Well, its good to talk to someone , so it helps that I can rant here and find that I am not alone.

littlemay, don't understand why men can't do a bit of planning some times, we also have fulltime jobs but yet we have to do so many things rt?Sometimes suggest something, they still can question why wanna go there, this and that.

Rainbow, you are rite, sometimes really need to close both eyes!

Roz, if he really felt that way, I might feel better. Anyway you took extended leave? going work back next week?

yugal> I quite like Healthy Times too...although I think I've not tried the brown rice. yest just opened a pack of the multi grain cereal, still trying to experiment to get the consistency right. But yup, I also mix with whatever puree is on hand (next week is pumpkin and apples).

klitz> don't marry a rich man hah..hmm..maybe...*looks at poor husband* LOL I think I lucked out in the husband department. He's a nice guy. I'm the bad tempered, impatient, unreasonable one.

sharon> you know when you have a child, your whole life can really revolve around them, that we forget we are a wife, too.

Anyways yup I took 6 weeks NPL, it ends next week on Friday. Sighs. Then Sat got event...have to go back, and it goes on till late somemore!

Klitz, I feel tat u're a happier person nw. At least figuring out things at a different angle. Rich mil can never be pleased no matter how hard one tried cos no matter wat dil is NOT their flesh and blood!! See ya tar ;)

Sharon, dun let this affect yr relation. E reason y I wanna work is also because I dun wan bb to affect me and hub. U know e 1 mth I look after bb myself, I almost vent my anger on hub when he returned home everyday! Even nw I dun like to go to my mil's plc, I just 忍 and follow. So really must 忍忍忍

Back