(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Nana: Wah yr baby eat some many meal ah? how many months of yr baby now?

Mummywong10: My son oso cannot sleep through the night [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] after feed him brown rice i tot he can sleep through the night..too bad...still wake up on 3am++ or 4am++ maybe he already used to wake up tis timing lioa..so i dun wan feed him milk and keep patting him....he can sleep but not very deep one.... bcos i stick to feed him at 5:30am.... so me is tired lor.. ya..wan to ask you..what is the 1st puree you gave your son? apple puree? bcos i am thikning to make puree for my son next week..usually u make the puree is can last for how many week? use u ice cube or baby cube? starting we should give my son 1oz of the puree is it too much for him? how abt yours?

i m also interested in the float.

Wendy > my boy is also still coughin n flu for more than a wk nw. He is currently on neubilizer. Also tak abt 5 med a day. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hope our bb gt well sn.

wow Nana, ur baby so gd can eat so much.. I worry abt mine. seems like they don't like eating anything. now the boy is still awake. couldn't rock him to sleep after he drank his milk so just letting him play by himself. haha...

Float, Is it safe for babies who are very naughty, can struggle and break free of the float? push head down or anything? sorry, my boy is really very naughty and mischievous. can't sit still for even a while.

Chris and wendy, Hope ur babies get well soon... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nana> actually i read on internet the main food should still be milk for baby, so why not you give the blended fruit (just a little instead of a meal) and 3pm should be milk? I do not give fruit puree everyday (maybe i also no time to make lah), also who's taking care of yr bb when you return to work? infant care or ? i realise if you ask our parents/parents in law to help look after when we at work, it's quite difficult to give them complicated task/instructions, so i also constraint from asking them feed this feed that, so usually milk is easiest.

Baby2010> the 1st puree i gave? oh i gave potato puree but some mummies share that white potato abit starchy, might not be good for stomach, but i tasted, abit like mash potato, quite yummy haa...then i also gave apple juice cos the puree turns out reddish as i never steam the first time, so just gave the juice. i used

baby cubes to store now, previously i also store using avent cups, i have heard people using ice cubes to store too think is up to individual. i usually dont make a lot, maybe 1week portion so my puree only last about 1week, i prefer not to store too long. i think 1 oz should be ok? i usually feed about 4-5 tablespoon of cereal+1 oz of puree (sometimes the combination might not be completely finish, still left with some cereal, puree, i dont force my bb to finish all).

u can refer this website on the storing of food and some receipe (http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/) hope it helps.

kooladonia, hammiebao,

not sure which of you is collating the numbers for the float. please include me. i wan pink! hahah..

Swimming @pool,

im bringing my girl to swim later in the evening, anything to take note?

Mummywong10: Thanks for your info ya...so far how many kind of puree u hv introduce to your son.. i intend to make carot puree but not sure my son like the taste or not..

kooladonia,

i'm keen on the float oso (the one slanting the baby rite?).

Please keep me in the loop.

Wendy, I was looking for that storage cubes.. cant get source so finally juz gotten ice cube trays w lids from Daiso on Monday...

less handy though it's cheaper..

Mummies going for Little Gym trial :

The little Gym :

3rd july they have slots.. Details as follows:

Venue: Marina Square

Time : 4.35 - 5.20pm

Trial price : $42.80

Cut of registering : 22nd June.

Please let me who are interested please give me your name and your babies name.

Mother's Name (Baby's Name)

1) Bam Aka Janice Wong (Alycia Chia)

8) pearlyshell aka pearlyn (Koh Ler Yi)

3) Sheeypysheeps aka Sharon Loh (Seraphina Phwa)

Following mummies : can pm me your contact nos. your bb's age and date of birth?

2) Piggypang aka Sharon Pang (Jayden Lim)

4) Cookiemonster aka Jenny (Benjamin Koh)

5) Shan aka Shannen (Haygen Goh)

6) whim aka HM (Cheng Zi En)

7) Jun aka Jun Lim ( Xhin Low )

Mummywong10: ask u hur..maybe is stupid q...heee.. you are using microve or warmer to heat the puree? bcos i am believe my son's nanny there do not hv above 2 item so the baby cude can put in the pot to steam? or do u think just put the baby cude in the pot with hot water to warm it will do? bcos i am afraid the puree take it out from frozen too long time it will become not good liao..

what is MOQ ?

I dunno abt you ladies. My mom is feeding my boy half bowl

Of brown rice cereal everyday and for all his milk we will add 1-2 sccop Of rice cereal and he seem to like it. The moment

We stopped adding cereal to his milk he can get

Hungry very fast. So we continued adding as for

Fruit puree will feed on alternate days etc

I'm contacting some suppliers to see if they can give either $15 without MOQ or maybe even cheaper than $15. See which one can give the best offer lorrr.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

PTB

MOQ = Minimum Order Quantity

hhmm so who's consolidating for the float order?

get more get lower price rite?

Hammiebao & kooladonia, what the arangement? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bam, PM u in a while.thanks.

Mummywong, my girl keeps on wanting to latch for milk. Mayb my milk not enough tt's y she is hungry? Even right after meals she still want milk. I tried to intro breakfast to her to see if she is full but still want milk. Now I have troubles, i really fan nao, she don't want to drink from bottles.. SIGH!!! So difficult.

Baby2010, my girl is 7mths old now.

Baby2010> i have let him tried apple, banana, broccoli, sweet potato, butternut squash, potato so far. Sometimes i also see what other mummies do & follow. Do take note of which stage your bb is & whether he's ready to take certain food also. For eg some bb can swallow/chew better & take more solid food whereas some maybe only can take very watery/smooth texture. Dont rush to try everything, time your own pace slowly. No need to try everything now, u can slowly try out 1-2 food each week. Some mummies like Ueno already progress to pasta, cos her bb is ready and can sit well, so its really up to individual baby, trial & error? I warm the thaw puree in a bowl of hot water, i have also tried microwave it for 15-30s (remember to taste the temperaure before feeding to yr bb). I'm not sure whether u can transfer out the frozen stuff to a normal bowl & steam it though. I thought taking it out from fridge to warm in hot water is easiest (but maybe takes long time, so need to take out way very early).

Nana> if u going back to work in Aug, u better start to train her from drinking from bottles, else worry that she dont drink when u at work..Or she's latching for comfort? Do u give her pacifier?

shan

Hmm, arrangement... how ah? For my case, I still want to see if I can get cheaper than $15. Since not urgent anyway, I can still source around for best price. But if mommies here want to buy soon, then maybe can go ahead with hammiebao.

hammiebao

When are you going to order? What's your arrangement? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

anyone train ur bb using flashcards? I went for the trial class at Baby Jumper Gym. The teacher showed my girl the flashcards and asked her 3 qn. My hubby and I were amazed when my girl can answer the qn correctly (by looking and touching the cards). So i tried to train my girl using the flashcards at hm now. And incredibly she can recognise the pic and words and able to answer me correctly. Told my mum to train her everyday so that she can rem haha

Bluesoda > Amazing! I tried to show my bb flash cards whn he is ard 3-4 mths. He is simply nt interested, although he likes mi to read story books to him. Mind to share hw the teacher does it at the Gym? Hws the flash cards look lik? Pic w words at the bottom? Wat qns did thy ask? BBs brains r truly amazing!

here are the pics:

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5639082.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5639083.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5639084.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5639085.jpg]

There are 2 sizes: S for 0-4 years old, L for 2-6 years old.

I'm still waiting on suppliers' reply though. Hope can get cheaper...

chris> the flashcards - One card is showing the word, and the other card showing the picture.

So the teacher will flash the cards very fast (back to front)..in split seconds as babies' attention span are very short.

That day, the teacher introduce the topic on Sports. She flash the words first then the picture. She flash many cards on sports. Then, she choose 2 sports to test my girl.

She flash 2 cards (picture only). One is Tennis, the other is Baseball.

The teacher ask my girl: "Ashlyn, show teacher which one is Tennis?"

My girl look at the 2 pictures and think for a few seconds. Slowly, she will look at the picture on Tennis and touch the card.

The teacher says the baby must look and touch the correct card to confirm that she is answering correctly. If she look at the correct card and touch the wrong card, this is consider wrong answer.

Till now, i still couldn't believe my eyes that my girl is able to recog that! haha

Leelee > tks! my girl is 7mths old. I believe all babies have this special ability to recog words and picture now. So do try it out on ur babies!

Bluesoda: how month of your baby now?

i am trying to show the dot card to my son..he is very excited when i wan to show him the card but he oso like to take and play the card [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Shan,

Ya, I will be bringing my #1 unless he still not well then I will bring #2 (exchange with my nanny) ;p

Jo,

I am fine with Royce or Singplay.

Float, around how many pple wants? I had already ordered 20.. 10 pink n 10 blue..It takes about 2 weeks to reach me..please PM me if u wanna get it.. Total is $15 inclusive of local normal postage and envelope of $1... Anyway I will start a BP after receiving it.. I only ordered S size... Please PM me to reserve..

Nana & Mrs_Lee.. Will reserve a pink one for u..

bluesoda: sooo amazing.. i'm impressed... clever girl.. did u buy flashcards from the teacher/ sch to train your girl at home? how long u need to train in order to get such results (eg: how many hrs/ minutes per day)

Leelee> I never show her flashcards at all until we went to the trial class. She only first exposed to flashcards when the teacher showed it to her.

If we sign up for the package, we will get those flashcards to train her at home ie her homework. But the package is quite ex. $430 for 10 sessions. 1 session per wk.

That's y i rather buy my own flashcards and train her at home. But i noticed she get bored after 20 mins. I will repeat the same flashcards for the next few days but intro 1 new flashcards each day.

bluesoda: i see... seems like it works very well for your girl.. where is the trial class? is anyone interested to go? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bluesoda> Thank you for sharing on the flashcard thing. I have got a box of flashcard, but i only showed it once in a blue moon to my boy just to get his attention/or to distract him, it never occurs to me that they'll understand/know at this age! With your sharing, i'll test him this weekend!

flashcard,

Oh...dunno so early they'll understand..

i think my gal will put inside her mouth. haha..

where to buy? popular have?

menses come after stop bf

check with you all mummies, my colleagues said menses will only come after stop bf about 1 to 2 months later depands on your health. is that true?

wow the thread moves real fast...

was on leave today, wanted to go zara sale but alas got the date wrong, make a wasted trip today...

just got back and saw the thread moves so fast...

Nana > regarding the allegy of porridge, i am not sure lei, it was a weaning poster pasted on the wall of my bb's pd clinic. my hubby was saying probably scare some baby don't know how to chew or swallow semi-solid food well enough, so to place safe better to start only at 9mths when most bb already know how to crawl. cos porridge need to be digest well...makes some sense...

anyway i am planning to start cooking some porridge this sat..my friend just taught me how to cook, feel so inspired.haha planning to go get a slow cooker tml at OG too hahaha after reading all the posts posted by mummies here

mummywong10 > yes i am still ordering the pacificer. i need to get one for my bb cos my hubby lost it, and she likes it so much. if you keen to order, PM me the item you want to order, i advise you the total to transfer ya.

bluesoda > haha hi-five ! think real intro will be 2 mths later...but now i gonna start learning to cook ..so paisey.. i never know how to cook...bad lazy mummy..now i gonna start learning else time flies before i know it, my baby turns 9 mths and her mummy still dunno how to cook porridge for her...

wow amazing ! didn't know can intro flash card to them now...ok i shall go and get some flash card during weekend and try...hehe

chris > ya...hope they get well soon...

heard some comforting words from my friend today.. saying it is normal for baby and kids to have flu cough, they are actually buliding up their immunity by buliding up antibodies...think positive...hope they get well soon...

hi mummies, these are the orders for

babycubes (featured above)

$13.50

pls kindly trf to posb saving 003-56798-2.

i will b placing order tml / this weekend.

10 sets only:

expected arrival in mid July

1) wendy plasterger

2) Diana

3) Celine

4) Ching ng

5) Juvena

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Float,

Dear all, please PM me your order, as I seldom read all posts here.. I will advice on payment mode later.. Price is $15 inclusive of local normal post... Thanks!

Hammiebao & kooladonia: am keen on the float..pls include me in thanks...

Jun: u brought bb xhin to pool already? hw u bathe him?

Porridge: i actualli started my boi porridge 1 month ago and he loves it with fish n brocolli.. he can realli finish the avent bb bowl...

Back