(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Hi Clare, I may want to ask the gynae if I can go off the jabs and pills once the scan shows everything is ok... i also dun want to pack my body with too much hormones, I understand it makes MS worse too... I so scared of MS!!!!

Clare, I know it's ridiculous right that a maternity hospital has no gynae on duty.?! And that $300 is just a surcharge, not inclusive of consultation fees & medicine.

Irene, thanks! I haven't been carrying heavy things or do any housework. Hubby does all that now..hehe. But I can't stay in bed, i'm restless! And I want my MS now.. crazy I know, but having all these symptoms are very reassuring. that there's another life still growing in u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Marrissa

I can understand... I told hubb that next time complain about MS, ask him to comfort me by telling me that this is part of a healthy preg and everything is going to be ok!

Clare

Pte hosp is like this one.. . there was once my darling doggie had blood in her poo and we took her to the pet hosp along Stevens road at about 10pm, we were told if we were to get someone down, we have to pay $250, and that excluded the actual consultation and med after examination. we almost fainted. luckily, doggie didn't show any major prob and hubb brought her to our usual vet the next day.

Hi Irene

I put 10 red dates and 3 dried longans and about 1 table spoonful of wolfberries.

Actually ladies, i dont know how to count how many weeks am i in now ley. If ovulation is 27 Jan, today i am starting week 6? Hmm ...

Irene,u are sooo brave!I dun think I can handle so many jabs!*clap clap*I think I will stick to pills.

yah..I also think MS is scary..I had frens that have MS for whole preg!she only gain 8kg..wow..coz' she was a merlion the whole time!

I think the medical in sin is too ex liao.coz,I in taiwan now,if I m under their govt's medisave program,my scan only cost s$5!!thats y my husband still considering whether to have bb in taiwan or in sin.

I also had the same thing with my rabbit @ hm in sin,in the end after calling up the clinic n realised the $$,I just wait for the next working day instead..

sunflower,can peep @ the doc's scan le (thats wat I did)..there is a small indicator at the screen like how many weeks aldy..("p)

Marissa,u're not crazy..I have the same thought as u sometimes..will check if my boobs are still as sore anot..hahaha~~

Clare and Marissa

I check my boobs every morning lor, look out for discharges etc... I also very kiasu la.

Clare, 2 jabs every week, I really should not complain, cos initially I am on queue for IVF this month. then I would be jabbing myself everyday on my tummy, that would be a real scary experience hor!

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just realised that I am pregnant and I have not seen a gynae yet. The pregnancy is confirm via blood test by my GP. I have tried to book an appt with my gynae but the earliest date is in late week 8 (according to babycentre), going week 9 of pregnancy. This is quite late isnt it? Am i too kan cheong or is it fine to just wait? My folic acid will also run out by then. This is my first and I am getting a bit anxious and paranoid.

Should i change my gynae and go for a pte doctor so that it will be faster? Anyone got good female gynae to recommend. What should I do now?

hi october, folic acid u can buy from pharmacy, and its not ex..

but to see a gynae at week 8... mmm... i m not too sure about that. most of us here at seeing gynae at about week 6. have you been with your current gynae for long? is the nurse aware that you are already tested positive?

since you are so worried, maybe you can seek an opinion from another gynae? do you want to check with your relatives or friends and see who can recommend a gynae to you? My gynae is at TMC, if you wan I can pass you her contact, I just started seeing her not too long, she is quite nice..

Jaime, that drink is to promote blood circulation and keep warm only, general health drink like chicken essence. Thats what i know only. TCM docs will say good to drink. Older folks also think good.

Congrats October! Hey, can just walk in GP to do blood test ah? Then same day can let you know ah? I very tempted to test my HCG levels again see whether got increase properly but dont know which GP can do the BT and then let me know results soon.

Hi October, congrats & welcome!

So good of your GP to do a blood test.. mine refused!

Going for a 1st gynae appointment at 8 weeks is fine. I was planning to do that too but I started spotting at 5 weeks so I had to run down to a gynae for a scan. Unfortunately at this stage they can only see a waterbag, no fetus yet. So 8 weeks is just ideal, u'll most likely see the fetus and hear a heartbeat by then. In fact, my next scan will be on my 8th week.

Folic acid, u can easily buy from guardian pharmacy. I bought 4 tabs for only $3.20.

hi all

i guess i wont be able to join this thread anymore. My ectopic pregnancy has been confirmed by the detailed scan.. still no sag found but found a fluid filled sag at left ovary side.. operation tomorrow.

anyway i wish all of you will have a smooth pregnancy and smooth delivery ... and for those still TCC, i wish you can have your wish soon.

feel free to pm me if you want.

take care.

Hi Ladies, actually what is Duphaston for? Do you only have to take it if you're spotting?

I was given progesterone when my gynae knew i had a previous MC. I took it for about 2 weeks and he told me to stop.

I had quite bad MS past week but strangely, it can just stop overnite and now i don't feel nauseous and can even down gulps of water which for the past week i can hardly swallow. I pray all is well as I have to wait for another 2weeks+ for my gynae appt.

Btw, do you gals feel any pain in your lower abdomen when u sneeze? I do feel the pain sometimes ={

Hi Joannnelim, i am so sorry to hear that. Do take good care and I am sure you will be back to sharing with the gals in this thread very soon.

Hi Joanne..

We're sorry to hear that.. hope everything will be well for you.. be strong and look on the bright side..

Wish to hear from u again..

Joanne,do take care.

paws68, can see this : -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dydrogesterone

what my gyne explain in simple terms was just to "strengthen ur soil" for foetus to grow..something like that..

I do feel pain le..ache lor..mine is at the side.

October,mine is also a lady gyne @ TMC/katong women's clinic.I can also give u her contact if u int.

hi mums-to-be, i just found out that i am pregnant! think it was made during our honeymoon last month. heh heh! i haven't been to see gynae yet though, guessing the EDD to be on 15 Oct (checked on BabyCenter). so hopefully everything is okay, becos during CNY i had some beer and ate anything i fancied. just even had 2 slices of raw salmon during the lau yusheng.

BTW, did you ladies feel mild PMS-like cramps and sore boobs too? i felt these and thought period coming, but waited for a week still no period so did 2 pregnancy tests just now and both turned out BFP!! hubby and i are really excited as this will be our first child.

Joanne, so sorry to hear... you must take good care, and try again when you are well... HUGZ..

sunflower I also very tempted to do blood test to see my HCG level, but my gynae say no need leh...

paws68, it seems that MS vary from woman to woman... yesterday i also feel very uncomfortable with MS, today is slightly better. dunno is it going back to work distracts me, otherwise I keep focusing on the MS. I also have pain on my lower ab when I cough, I have been having this very bad cough for few weeks already. yesterday even got some pink discharge after sniffing my nose so hard, I was so scared. luckily now no more...

Hi starrymommy, congrats! I think from now on, you need to be careful not to eat raw food. I also had pms like symptoms before I tested with home preg kit. you will probably feel your boobs more sore as the months go by...

joanne, i saw your post. really sorry to hear about it too. pls take care of yourself well during this period.

irene, thanks! i've been having very good appetite these few weeks and no sign of MS yet. will wait and see...

have any working mums-to-be told your company that you are pregnant yet? i am wondering if i should wait till 2nd trimester then tell my boss.

Congrates Starrymommy!

When I didn't know I was preggie,I did everything,from 2 whole days of sashimi,tons!haha..and sake..and doing manual labour work..just becareful what u eat now since u know lor..(^-^)

I think most of the ladies will wait bah,till 1st tri is over when it is more stable.but for me,I aldy told my boss liao and I want a break lah(excuse..excuses..hahaa).so I m unpaid leave for now.

My boobs are also sore n tender n bigger lor..haiz..I think this is the only thing my hubby like lah!!haha..I never had bigger boobs than now..keekee("p)

Irene,did ur doc say anything abt the cough?weeks abit long leh.take care,babe.

hi Clare, how long is your leave for? my hubby's also looking forward to the bigger boobies to come, becos i had small boobs all my life! sigh.. men...

starrymommy~ehhehe MEN!!!!!!

me boobs not sore le.....just easily tired nowadays [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi all

Happy Lunar New Year to All [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I just found out that I'm pregnant last week before CNY and have already scheduled to see my gynae this friday. My edd should be 15 Oct if based on my last period of 3rd Jan...so now i should be at 7th week.

This is my 2nd baby and my first was a july baby last year..he is now 6.5mths. Its not easy for me to conceive my no 1 and never expect that i will hit the jackpot with just one try for no 2 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Now my biggest challenge is to handle my no 1 while preggie. My son is almost 9kg now and my arms are aching everyday which I dont think i can continue to carry him in another 2 more months with a bump...However I cant wait to see my gynae in 2days time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Clare, thanks for the link, i will ask my gynae next time why i didn't need to take this since it seems to be recommended for the first tri =P

You are so lucky to be able to take a break from work. The only way i can take a break is to resign so i see how it goes as my job can be stressful at times. I will also wait till after the 1st tri b4 i break the news to my boss.

I should be 7 wks now but my boobs are not sore, maybe just rounder a bit. How sore can you mean, as in achingly pain?

Irene, i also think your cough has been torturing you way too long, maybe you should try a new medication?

Starrymommy, u must really have enjoyed your honeymoon, that you are now going to have a "made in ***" bb growing inside you, congrats [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Irene, i also think your cough has been torturing you way too long, maybe you should try a new medication?

Congrats Irish Coffee, this preg calendar can be quite confusing to me at times. I am 7 wks preg and since your edd is abt a week later than mine.. that should make u 6 wks preg isn't it? =P

Good morning ladies!

I envy some who gets to have bigger boobs! LOL! My boobs are dead and will remain small till the day I die haaha. .. anyone on anti-nausea pill? I'm on one but side effect is it made me drowsy. I have to nap before I feel OK. Can u share ur anti-nausea medicine names with me? Feel like changing it.

Grats Starry and IrishCoffee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Irene, i think also good that doc dont allow retest HCG. Becos retest already then what? If HCG increase, good for us. If HCG not increasing enough, we also cant do anything except wait till week 6 scan to confirm anything bad. So maybe doc want to save us the heartache of knowing too much about HCG and then worry all the way to week 6 scan. Though very tempted to test again, i just decided yesterday, maybe i will just wait out in faith and enjoy being preggy first. If things dont look good at week 6 scan, at least i have been happily pregnant for 2 weeks. What u think? Better this way hor?

Hi Joanne, my heart breaks to read your update [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Rest well first and then try again ok? Looking forward to your next good news which will be soon!

Hi irish coffee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my boy's also 6 .5 months old....he's a august bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ya very eaily conceive.....actually still oki.....cos my girl was 1.5 yrs old when i hv lucas....worst.......very very clingy etc.

sunflower seed~think better wait la

Hi clare, paws68.. doc also dunno what other med to give already. there many med i can't take because of preg. I am already drinking my 3rd bottle of the "save" cough syrup. doc say because preg, so will take longer time to get better... meanwhile I am watching my diet and avoid food that will trigger coughs..

Melissa, do you want to try the sea-sick band? You can also check this out:

http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/morningsickness/

ladies, talking abt boobs, mine has grown to a full c cup overnight.. and they are painful! All my clothes are tight around the chest area.. bleargh~

And I had my 1st morning sickness this morning! For just a while.. i was sitting and suddenly felt dizzy and nauseated, then it went away.

And these days, I'm craving for carbs! I've put on 2kg since I first had my BFP [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

It's 6 weeks today!

I'm going for my scan later. So excited but still quite worried. I really hope the scan pick up a lively little beanie who's still growing. :p

Hi Marrissa, how many weeks are you in now?

Raindroops, yay! Dont fret, later sure can see baby winking at you ok? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Irene,

Thanks. As I recalled, I do have the seabands, but I don't know how to use it so I thought it didn't work. Maybe I should dig it up. See if I can find it. Sorry about your coughing, it's true, you'll take longer to heal b'cos our body is working too damn hard to grow a baby, things sort of let up a bit. But u'd get better eventually. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Marissa,

thanks for rubbing it in about those Full C.. lol. i feel like a runway! just a gentle reminder, don't neglect the boobs if you're putting on stretch mark creams. all those overnight skin stretching could cause ruthless scars but eventually, they'd fade away. congrats on the new asset, your hubby must be very happy. lol.

raindroops,

keep us updated on the scan [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sunflower seed,

i admire your positive thinking. it's really hard to wait not knowing if bub is ok, especially in the absence of MS. but some girls do get lucky and never had MS till bub is born. I could tell you a story on HCG but I don't want to discourage others. all i can say is, it's not so widely practiced in singapore, esp on first time mummies. it just makes you more anxious. i think we can do without HCG tests, unless we keep getting BFN and not getting our period at the same time. that's the only valid reason for a beta-HCG test.

joanne,

i'm so very sorry about the bad news. i had one case of suspected ectopic way before DD1 is born. so i was made to stay in KKH for 3 days which leads to a D&C eventually. it's sad but it doesn't affect your fertility and is unlikely to happen again. i hope that you could find the strength to TTC again. good luck.

congrates Irishcoffee!Hope to hear from u in 2 days time after the scan (^-^)

starrymommy,my leave it all the way to till I give birth..indefinite..("p) thats y I m sooo bored at home now..

I also have small boobs all the time,n gotta wear push up bras,now I guess I can leave the push ups @ hm liao.

Marissa,I know what u mean!I think I will just go get sports bra to wear..really umcomfy at times,especially at nite.now I know how girls will big boobs feel liao...how to sleep well..haiz..

Irene,ah..the doc says it is ok to drink the cough med for so long ah?any long term effects from the med?haiz..poor thing..take care ah..

paws68,my current gyne actually did say (he is of 2nd opinion),if I think I m stable,I can dun take the hormone pills.I found other info that says that it is for ladies that have gone thru MC,or gone thru' major bleeding before.so maybe thats y ur gyne never give u,coz' u are stable leh.

sunflower,leave it to fate.I think for a child and a mother to be together is always yuan fen..try to be positive ok?like what u say,be a happy mommy for now and enjoy this process..

My mum told me,her mum(which is my grandma),tried aborting her 5times!thru' injections(in the olden times,is illegal and only by injections),in the end,my mum still survive!but came out with rotten skin lah,coz' of all the injestions.My mum is now well and healthy somemore with good skin(no pimples in her life b4*jealous*)..after hearing my mum's story,I really think it is all fated..(sorry for being soo long winded ah)

raindroops *relax*

Melissa,maybe can ask ur gyne?my MS not so bad so I dun have anti-nausea pills,cant recommended.*crossing my fingers*I wun have to go thru it..

Hi everyone,

Have been so busy so din have time to login.

Joanne,

Take care. Don't be too upset ok. Recover and try again.

For the mummies that just tested positive,

Congrats & dun overworry about what you did before you before you found you were pregnant. Before I knew I was pregnant with #1, I did a lot of things that my dr told me not to do. Lolx. I climbed a volcano, soaked in hot spring, ate raw fish, ... Just take care from now on lor.

Re: Herbs consumption

According to my grandma during my #1, 1st trimester is better not to consume any herbs etc as this is the most crucial formation period for the BB. We will never know the side effects of the herbs. I started bird's nest in 2nd trimester (and ensured that I take good quality ones that do not have chemicals or bleach added - be careful) and coconut monthly when I was like 5-6 months.

Morning Sickness:

Small means and ensuring that your stomach is not empty would help. In the morning, its useful to take a bit of biscuits before you get out of bed to prevent you from feeling nausea and throwing up the moment you get out of bed. However, for this pregnancy I am getting quite bad morning sickness & all these dun seem to help me much. Vitamin B6 from my gynae helps a bit though.

Oops, meeting time... tata mummies-to-be. Take care.

Oh yah, EDD and how many weeks you are pregnant may be "different" based on how your doctor counts.

Some docs count from LMP. Some count based on age of BB through 1st trimester scans. Difference will be abt 2 weeks.

E.g. most TMC gynaes use LMP, KK gynaes use scan.

Hi everyone

I tested +ve and was delighted. I'm new in this forum. Hope to chat and share the pregnancy experience with the Oct MTB out there.

Cheers

hi Irish Coffee, congrats to you too! i calculated my EDD on the BabyCenter and result was 15 Oct too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but if i count from the 1st day of my last period, i am only around 5 weeks pregnant, 2 weeks shorter than yours.

this sat, hubby and i will visit the gynae to just confirm if bb is okay and estimate how many weeks old. looking forward to it!

Hi Hi ... Me tested positive last friday (it was one-shot, one-kill ... so very surprised) ...I calculated my due date based on last period ... due date is also about Mid Oct [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

LIBRA-TIGER (FAINT~)... I'm a SAGI-MONKEY .... wonder what will happen to the household ... HAHAHAHA

Booked my 1st appt with Dr Benjamin Tham next week. (anyone here booking Dr tham also?)

Hi Rubie, congrats & welcome!

Sunflower, I'm 6 weeks tomorrow [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Melissa, yes hubby's a very happy man.. but he won't be too happy later when he sees the comfy grandma bra I just bought lol! Thanks for reminding about stretch marks cream

Clare, my boobs are so painful, I can't sleep on either side. I had to sleep straight facing up. It's time to ditch that push-up!

Some online calculator EDD just ask u to input your LMP, some online calculator also gave the option of putting in your cycle.

Normal EDD calculator gave me 16th Oct but those that I can type in my cycle (mine's 32 days), I ended up with EDD 21st Oct. I believe the latter is more accurate. But then again, who knows'? In the end its up to God to decide

U know what, i just realised, maybe all this while when I wake up in the morning, feels like my head had been pummeled and then start puking my stomach out (but nothing comes out) is actually 'morning sickness'.

I really don't know what morning sickness really is hor. Omg. I'm such a noob. :p So much for wondering why im symptoms-less. But usually after breakfast, i feel my mood picking up tho`. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/proud.gif]

Rubie and Vivivan... CONGRATS!!

Marrissa, you and I not too far apart hor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] 6 weeks today.

i juz started to mood swing, feel like vomitting and giddy everyday.. terrible feeling

Hehe ... thx raindroops .. your morning sickness sounds terrible ... I so far quite symptomless ... think I'm on the plump side ... so even if empty stomach .. there's still a lot to tap from within the body :p

lingo: How's your gynae visit? Does he/she scan your tummy?

Marissa, i haven't gone yet. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] It's in 2hrs' time. So excited. My mood picking up again. I hope i'm not going to be disappointed.

Must. Stay.Positive. A-ja-a-ja fightin`! :p

Back