(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

raindrops, im taking utrogestan pill too.. it's a hormone pill and u're supposed to take it before bedtime coz it causes giddiness and drowsiness. Also, u can't take it on an empty stomach, otherwise u'll have stomach pains.

Ladies, can recommend a good strectch mark cream?

I have to start applying already. Besides my boobs getting bigger, I realised im starting to have a bump too! Today I climbed onto my digital scales and I've lost 1 kg, so i'm convinced what i've been putting on is just water but my tummy which all along I thought is bloated, is still there! And it's much firmer today.. I'm having a lil bump!

Marrissa, that's exciting! i had thought bump will show only 2nd trimester onwards. do you have to go to the loo a lot then?

Marrisa ... you are one lucky mummy ... can lose weight and at the same time baby grow so well can see bump liaoz ...

Tiffy ... after drinking ginger tea will we pass a lot of gas? ... at home still okay ... at work .. very paiseh one leh

marrisa,

I am applying Clarins Tonic Oil.

sunflowers seed,

oic

vivivan,

ginger tea help to burp the gas out not pass out the gas so don't think will be paiseh lor. At least can reduce bloated feeling mah.

morning ladies!erhmm..afternoon!just woke up..heehee~~I m really sleeping lady..slept@ 10.30,just woke up..

Irish Coffee,thanks for the advise,I will go try try..

hi Melissa,that what I tot..the worst is yet to come rite?I also destest sweets recently!whenever I take anything sweet,I go nausea..luckily never puke,but I just realise it is getting worse..haiz..

I have lotsa of stretchmarks also leh!from teenage days!all over my body!even on my boobs!I cant imagine when mths later,I will be full of marks liao..my husband is helping me put layers of cream,guess no use liao since it is inherited..haha~~cant break the news to him..

Marissa,I m using palmers and bio oil..

Hi tiffy!

raindroops,I just sleep all day at home..luckily now it is winter in taipei,10degrees..so it is nice and warm under my duvets..I just sleep n sleep n sleep,the only time I step out of my room is to go toilet or eat..thats it.for me,if I touch sweet stuff,my MS gets worst(I realised),so I avoid at all costs.("p)

congrates Shirley..

tiffy, by ginger tea you don't mean those Super 3-in-1 type right? i am thinking if i should buy old ginger, cut into slices and boil. maybe add a bit of brown sugar before drinking.. my hubby likes this drink on days he has blocked nose.

clare,

when i had my 1st gal, i am also like u lor. sleep the whole morning till 12noon cos that time 1st preg had bad MS n always giddy. nvm lah, sleeping beauty gd mah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starrymommy,

if ask me to boil it myself i rather forget it lor.kekeke My fren told me to buy gold kili ginger tea, hmm it doesn't state 3in1.

Tiffy~~thanks!*whew* I feel normal now..heehee...my husband went to work and came back n I m still in bed..("p)

Thanks Sunflower & Clare!

and yes i'm around 5 wks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Marissa,

Clarins Tonic Oil seems to be the popular one.. furthermore it has a nice fragrance. and my coleagues & cousins are using / have used it and are happy with their result.

Vivivan, i make a ginger drink when i'm feeling bloated or having a cold. keeps my tummy nice & warm.. also helps me to burp alot.. hehe.

Will just boil 3-4 cups of water, add smashed old ginger (around the size of a thumb). Cover pot partially and let it simmer and reduce till only half of the water is left.. then add some brown sugar (optional, but it taste better to me). Just to share.. my mom's recipe. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Clare, i think it is great that you have the luxury to rest at home, although it can be really boring. i can't wait for the weekends so that i can finally sleep in. i'm beginning to feel rather exhausted.

starrymommy,

if i'm not wrong, it cost $80.

shirley,

u gd, can take ginger tea so well. actually i hate ginger tea cos of the smell but now no choice, it is the best cure.

yeap, its ard $80. Just a few drops can cover the whole tummy. depends on which area you use it for. if just the tummy , maybe will last around 1-2month.. i've only started using it for a few days. the bottle still looks full.

Tiffy, okay la.. natural remedy seems better i think. Just pinch ur nose and drink at 1 go.. lol~

Starrymommy, do take care. may want to consider taking small meals through out the day to keep the energy level up.

Shirley, yeah i am trying to do that by having bit of fruits like banana, papaya etc. don't dare to eat too much cookies or bread 'cos scared will put on even more weight as i have a desk-bound job, not much opportunity to move around.

i have a concern here about folic acid. i didn't know i was going to be pregnant so i did not take any before this week. a bit worried that bb will not have enough folic acid for proper growth. any mummies here able to address this concern?

Starry, I'm also taking folic acid sporadically. Dun think it'll have a big impact bah??? I know a few preggy mummies who only realise they are pregnant a lot later... also have very healthy babies wor ...

naaaah.. unless you live in a third world country and often malnourished, not taking folic acid is the least of our worries. lots of food contains folic acid and our body stores nutrients far longer than expected.

hehehe good to know I dun have to keep popping pills just to have a healthy baby ...

googled a bit on folic acid ... seems that green leafy veg, beans, orange juice and cereals contributes to our daily dose of folic acid ... so I think as long as we have a pretty balance diet ... all will be good ...

haha! i feel more reassured now. this is my first and i really want to do all i can to deliver a healthy baby in october! kiasu hor... actually last night i even went to buy a tin of Abbott's Similac Mum milk powder, just to be sure that i am getting all the vits and minerals possible.

starrymommy,

best not to eat papaya alot. cos my cousin's wife everytime eat papaya n drink green tea, don't want to drink water n even play slide with her eldest gal in playground then who know fr 5th mth onward she was ordered bed rest by KKH and that time her cervix open n had to wait for the water bag to move up more in order to stitch up her cervix. that time she bleed alot all becos never listen to the oldest advise. Papaya(cooling) not gd so i totally avoid.

Marissa, mine is 2 dosages of 100. Once in the morning and once at night. Wahsey, if it really makes me this drowsy, i hope i can sleep well through the night too and dont wake up to pee.

But then again, everytime i realised i hold my pee, my abdomen gets crampy so better not lah hor.

Oh yah. SWEET. OMG. Don't even go there. I HATE anything remotely SWEET. I can taste sweet now and feel a crazy headache and want to puke alr. Gah.

But to be honest, I'm glad I feel this way now. Like some of you see, MS means baby growing well.

Do you all know what fruits we should eat? I thought papaya can leh, so i had some. Cuz i heard watermelon, honeydew, rock melon all not good (and they are my most fav fruitss). I don't quite fancy apples even before i got preggie, so suggestions anyone?

bananas, i like bananas. they don't make me puke. i just avoid the small sweet ones.

i'm also very sensitive to drowsy medications. it'll render me useless for a small period of time. the only remedy is to take a quick nap.

raindroops, i only know to avoid all the "cooling" fruits such as pineapples, green mangoes, green papayas, watermelon, starfruit etc.

pears, prunes, bananas, ripe mangoes etc should be ok, i guess? i read magazine which said that prunes are particularly good for preggers cos we get constipation more easily and prunes are high in fibre.

even caffiene.. sigh.. i would always have a cup of coffee every morning, occasionally another cup in the afternoon. now i've stopped drinking coffee and tea completely and am having "withdrawal symptoms" - keep wanting to doze at the table. lol!

starrymommy,

i am a coffee addict. so nowaday sometime morning i drink a bit, less than half cup of coffee if not cannot tahan. Gynea told me 1 day half is ok. hmm, better don't drink tea cos higher caffiene than coffee.

have you ladies told your family, relatives and friends about your pregnancy already? so far hubby and i only told 2 very close couples, not even our parents.

Hi Oct Mommies-to-be!

I'm a newbie here! Just realised I'm 5 weeks pregnant a week ago and feeling really excited about it!

Thankfully, no major MS yet, except for sore breasts, some bloatedness and feeling very tired the whole day (crossing my fingers!!!).

Strangely, the soreness of my breasts is only more obvious when I lie down to sleep or when I massage them. Is this really strange??

Btw, are those sunblocks sold over the counter safe for application during pregnancy?

I have read that there are some ingredients used in skincare products which are definitely a no-no for pregnant ladies.

I have dry and oily skin, so I'm looking for something that is suitable and safe for application. Can anyone pls advise?

Thanks!!

starrymommy, it all depends on how comfortable you are with sharing the news with your family and friends.

This is a piece of good news, but for me, I have only told my mother and MIL.

This is my 2nd pregnancy (the 1st one failed), and we'd rather wait till the pregnancy is stable before sharing the good news with our loved ones. Even my gynae told me "you don't have to tell anyone yet".

Starry, I have not told a soul .. only told my hubby ... I will slowly spread the news after my preggy enter the more stable phrase ... My fren's MC experience was made a lot worse when pple started asking about her preggy... I think the hush-hush for first 3 months rule is to protect the mummy from such experience bah ...

Hi Cozie ... congrats and welcome

Hi Olsen ... looking at earlier posts... quite a few of fellow mummies suffering just like you ... but like that always say ... MS is sign your baby is growing well .... :p

yea alot pple also only say to "sound gong" aft 1st trim, but my MIL said that sometimes its good too if you let pple around you know you're expecting, so that they dun give you sudden "surprises" and hit you on your shoulder/butt. MIL say will cause m/c leh.

cozie, congrats to you! i hope and pray for all of us here to be able to carry our precious little ones to full term this time. can't wait to make the announcement though. hee!

Olsen, i don't have MS yet. maybe too early for me? how many weeks are you now? my girl friend started hers when she was in week 7-8. i'm only like week 5. the bloatedness and gassiness are getting to me though.

olsen,

no worries girl you're not alone. some of us are suffering but we go to the board to rant! haha..

morning sickness,

on average, it starts at 6 weeks. for the 5-weekers, you still have hope but don't regret asking for it. hehehe..

on telling,

it's really up to you. if you're the strong type and prepared, go ahead and tell. but i rather be safe and tell everyone after 9 weeks. but of course, for me, everyone knows b'cos i look so pale and sick all of a sudden. can't escape. hehehe..

For me i couldnt keep the secret much longer.. and my tummy even at 6wks now.. seems like 3mths.. every one was asking and i just blurted it out... must be the gas..

hehehehe

I think 80% of MC occur during the 1st trimester (i.e about 12 weeks) and the risk drops significantly after that. Hence, most people will only spread the news after the 1st trimester.

Yah. Just a few days ago I was fretting over

lack of symptoms. Yest before meet baby I was alr having bouts of nausea then this morning, strike. Until

now. Not only fish I see but meat and chicken alr turn my stomach into tumble dry. Planning to eat rice with

veggie only. And slooooowwwlllyyy.

that sounds terrible, raindroops. once walk into hawker centre you will immediately see things that make you wanna hurl. able to take soy products? you need your proteins too!

i can imagine my whole office knowing i am pregnant once i start having MS (toilet is within the small office). it will be so obvious, from what you ladies have described.

Hi mummies to be, i'm also expecting my 2nd child. Did the 6 wks scan on Wed and detected the sac and heartbeat. EDD is 8 Oct.

I hv positive feedback on Clarins Oil as well and I started to use now also.

I have mild MS too but hvn't puke yet. Hope it stays the same.

Wishing all a smooth and enjoyable pregnancy.

Joannelim, sorry to hear that. Hope the operation went well and wishing you speedy recovery.

Sunflower seed, congrats! How da u feeling?

Congrates Diveera and cozie!

starrymommy,yeapz.I m lucky.actually I was suppose to go office work,but erhm...I rejected the offer and decide to stay at home n rot..("p)I know how it feels like to feel drowsy the whole day..

cozie,I m still using sunblock leh.sometimes when I go out..I just apply on my arms n legs not body lah..otherwise I will wear long sleeves when I go out..so hot in singapore how to wear long sleeves..

rachoho,thats wat my mil also say..cannot let pple tap on ur shoulder and scare u..hmmmm....

Puan Sri,you are not alone.I think my face and whole body soo obvious also!my husband's colleagues took one look n said~~hmm...u preggie ah?I was like~~duh~~~

Starrymommy,

That's just my personal benchmark. I've had one case of missed miscarriage where heartbeat is detected @ 7 weeks but gone in a few days. I didn't know until two weeks later. So if i get pass that, i'll consider myself to be in the safe zone. However i'm pretty optimistic this time around due to my bad MS.

Puan sri,

The bloating and the gas s giving you the tummy. Once u reach a point where ur symptoms stabilize, it might shrink again.

hi ladies....

MS finally kicks in full time!Back to hugging toilet bowl after meals....sigh..

Tell me about the bump..mine was big..showed too early to compared w my first kid!now only 8th weeks,looks like 3mths..

i used clarins tonic huille oil...for my first pregnancy..Put on almost 30kg..NO stretch marks!

Was advised to use it as early as possible and continue until after birth.I stopped using the oil when bb was about 3-4mths old!

Take care all..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi raindroops, Im also having food aversions too...I realise certain food i once loved, are no longer what i like now. It's so hard to decide on meals. Nausea comes and goes, and hunger attacks are so acute.

By the way, I too need to suppress the nausea urge whenever i walk pass food court. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Im currently 7w5d, saw and heard my BB's heartbeat on wed. I was v. happy when i saw the lil heartbeat pouncing away.

Not many people know, except for my family and in laws, and 2 close friends.

Any mommy here who loves coffee, but swear off caffeine alr?

I hope all of our lilbabies will grow up safe and sound to term. cheers [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Congrats Shirley, Cozie and Diveera!

Shirley,

we are seeing the same doctor..Dr Lawrence Ang [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Raindroops,

I was also prescribed with Utrogestan and was told to be taken before bedtime.

Marrissa,

I used clarin both stretchmarks cream and the tonic huille oil during my first pregnancy, am happy with the result too. till now still continue using...

Hi, please add me.

Name: Tiger Lily

LMP: 8 Dec 2009

EDD: 18 Sept 2010

Hospital: TMC - Dr Judy Wong

Baby: #1

Back