(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Morning, I asked the ifc teach yesterday regarding the hard stool. She say its normal for Bbs who jus start on solid food.

haiz, my poor girl is having running nose and cough. it was already her 3rd day. now then i bring her to see PD. she seem to have problem sleeping.

Cheekrene, my dad says fat ppl cannot fall, see those fat ppl fall le cannot get up themselves.. Funny logic.. Anyway, my gal's phlegm is still ard today 9 days Liao.. Thinking whether to bring her see dic again or not.. Wat did yr pd say? Take care of bbJ.

Sheric, ya I went into e room n check every 10-15 mins.. Sigh..

mvh,

my girl got viral infection. i dunno where she got it from. i believe its the weather made her feel sick. she got dry cough when she sleep. PD said i should monitor for a few days, if not, i bring her back again.

Cheekrene

My boy started with dry cough , brought him to PD , took med. After 1 wk, worsen , cough badly, phlegmy and runny nose . Now on nebuliser .. PD told me if worsen need to see him asap becos it infected to lungs already. So u monitor closely ok ..

sunflower,

initially i thought my girl like to fake cough. now we realise its for real. luckily her nose show some sign of running nose. so i quickly took her to PD without hesitation. gosh, then i have to monitor her liao. i am so worried as her mucus keep drooling down from her nose. she hate us cleaning up her nose.

cheekrene,

my gal also got flu last wed..and she was crying badly ard night time...so I immediately took her to Thomson 24 hr clinic...the nurse asked if anyone in the family has flu cos flu virus has been spreading around...well, i guess my gal caught the flu bug from my husband's nephew cos his mucus kept drooling..but luckily after 2 days medicine, she was better...

Now we keep monitoring her...and told my maid to banned him from coming near my gal...my gal also hates me cleaning her nose, the moment she saw me taking the suction tube, her face changed..

Alamak.. Now I panic leh.. Dunno need to bring them to see doc or not.. My gal dun have cough, juz e phlegm n sometimes she can't breathe well will cry n nose start to run. I use e suction tube she will fight back by pulling e tube, scream, shake her head..

Dsqyvonne,

gosh my girl vomit out the medicine including her milk and porridge. I wonder how long she will recover. I see her feel terrible, i feel lost

Mvh,

better play safe. Go see doc. My girl feel terrible since yesterday during sleeping time!

Babies took very long time to recover..

My boy saw my suction tube, immediately push our hands Away.. Now they very clever Liao, use all their strength to struggle

Mvh

Don't delay.. Cos babies can't spit out phelgm.. And seldom drink water, so very hard to recover.. If drag longer no gd..

Ok gals, should I go n see e gp who gives her medicine last week or her usual pd? Pd very far at mt A. But scare gp will similar medicine n not very effective..

Bakaholic, sick n normal childcare leave is different.. My co which is a stat board gives 5 sick childcare leave n 6 childcare leave..

cheekrene,

can the medicine be taken b4 milk?cos the TMC nurses told me, better to give medicine b4 drinking milk so that even they vomit, there are still medicine inside them..

MVH,

better bring your gal go see PD since the gp medicine u think not effective..

MVH,

I think u should go back see the gp who gives her the med so that he will know what are the med that are not suitable and know the seriousness of the phelgm... also, in future will have a record to know which med is not effective for her...

Mvh,

Should go see pd cos they have better meds. GPs have general meds or sometimes more conservative in prescribing stronger meds.

I had that experience before. From GP to Pd (not usual one)and nothing helps till we went back to our usual one and she made the correct move and cure our boy.

I looked thr the staff handbook and couldn't see any clear explanation. HR haven't reply yet either. I guess they should be different cos child sick leave needs mc.

Halo everyone,

Reporting live from TMC! Baby has been admitted since Sat. Before that she was coughing with phlegm. After 1 week of antibiotics, I tot she was better cos she didn't sound so bad. After in fact the phlegm has gone into her lungs became bronchitis. So has to be hispitlised to be nuberlised every 3 hours. I have to stay in with her. Not that I mind, cos can be on leave and eat TMC food. Hahaha..

Hopefully she can be discharged tomorrow

MVH, seen PD yet? Don delay anymore lah...

Cheekrene, dsqyvonne is right, better feed medicine before milk. If feed after milk, you gotta wait at least 1 hour later. Or else, she sure vomit out cos of the crying and screaming.. I experienced that before.

I brought her back to PD for review. Just to make sure. I even told PD that she is better and no more cough now. But PD sent her for Xray and saw that the phlegm is in the lungs. Quite alote of them!

Mvh

I also think u shld see PD .. My experience with GP is that they are not so specialize in babies.. Med maybe too strong or not effective. PD med is effective, at least for my case

Wow sia.. I think I can only bring bb to pd tomorrow le.. Coz clinic closed at 430pm n bad thing is no nite clinic.. Raining at my place super heavy also.. Argh.. Thanks gals for yr advice..

wl, dsqyvonne,

ok i will feed her before milk.

gosh this is terrible. my girl keep screaming as i dun think she feel good. haiz..

wl,

how is your girl now?

wl,

how's ur bb now? phlegm in the lungs let bb breath the gas oni....they wana play safe admit her har?

Aiya...she's supposed to be better this morning. Nebulise every 6 hour, Just now rained, weather turned cold her phlegm became bad again. Now back to every 4 hourly. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Suika, ya... It's either we admit or rent the machine home to DIY, but PD scared we donno how to do it.

Even if can discharge still gotta nebulise at home for at least another 4-5 days.

Nope but i intend to start soon at 6 months cos heard oat n barley cereal nt so constipating. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dear mummies,

my boy still not able to roll over yet at his own.

he is 6mths 6days alrdy. andhe simply hates tummy time.. whenever i put him on tummy, he will starts crying within 10mins.. im abit worried.

any advc to help him roll over??

Ange, i let my boy tried organic barley cereal. he only ate a few mouthful.. guess it tasteless that turn him off

he luv fish or pork porridge with carrots n spinach now

wl,

dun worry, juz make sure she's on the machine very fast will recover liao....make sure her feet is covered at all times coz weather cold n hot now

wl

Ya nebuliser recover very fast. It's not difficult to use..

Ange

The tiger jar promo still ongoing ? When u bought it? Cos I was there 3 wks ago but no promo

Hi mummies n daddy! Happy CNY! Long time since I've posted.

wl, hope ur girl is better today.

My girl is currently 6mths 3days old. Just started taking plain porridge this week at abt 6pm. My MIL been giving her abt 5 tablespoons of porridge, is it too little?

Also want to chk, does porridge n changing FM to stage 2 cause constipation? This morning she gek sai quite long but little come out...

Ahnah, I remember u bought a Bumbo seat for ur boy. You bought it frm Mums n Babes? What is the brand? Thanks!

Evelyn, don worry abt your boy not rolling over yet. Enjoy the moment now. Once he start to roll, you will have to battle with him when changing diapers and clothing. My Mum always say, roll later better.

White_lady, my boy will only keep shaking buttock when we hold him in standing position.

WL, take care. Hope your bb get well soon.

Starz: nope.. my boy have been eating porridge since 5th month and just changed to FM stage 2 last sat. His poo is normal.

Try to feed him more plain water when taking porridge.. and dun give thick porridge. More diluted will be better

jasmine / sunflower, pork & fish are both ok to be introduce for 6 mo & above bb... no worry...

MVH, is ur gal getting better now? got bring her to see pd?

Sheric, I got no intention to let my baby sleep alone so early leh... actually I enjoy the moment to sleep together in the same room. with them..

bahaholic, my company also got no child sick leave too... just the child care leave...

WL, sound bad for ur bb's phelgm... actually rent the Nebuliser machine home is more conveniece la... I rem QQ also rent home last time when her bb was having bad phelgm...

cheekrene/dsqyvonne, ur bb also sick huh? seems like CNY period caused ppl easily fall sick... take care

white lady, my boy also like to stand up when we hold his hand... he can now 'run' forward with his walker leh...i think this boy gg to walk faster compare to his jie jie...

evelyn, what jacsmy said is correct, dun worry abt abt ur boy rolling over. all babies development are difference... eventually he will roles... just enjoy the moment [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw for Cheekrene, have u get the quotation for our First Birthday Bash? I saw Karin suggestion for the venue at Hot park & I like the idea too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]pls do keep us once confirmation ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Any one know tat bb can eat this fish 红绸鱼 (red snapper)?

My mil say threadfish is deep water fish n is high in mercury..

But I google, most ppl give threadfin to bb le

Wow piang I really angry wit my mil

Previously say red spinach gd for iron n feed my bb, then my aunt say eat 菠菜, not red spinach .. Say dun give any vege wit coloring first.. since bb still young..n my coll say those spinach which is not 菠菜 will make bb leg not strong

Btw spinach got Alot of type, we normally give 菠菜

Evelyn,

got your mail. noted on your attendance!

ducling,

i am waiting for gymboree and little gym to reply me. i am on 2 days mc so will go back to office to follow up.

ya, i and my girl are sick. my girl got viral infection but she is getting better while i am getting worst.

Cheekrene,

You need to rest to recover. I had to force myself to hands off and seriously sleep to recover from flu. Initially i was still dabbling around but end up fever kept coming back.

can ask those who blend and freeze the puree into the freezer?

i bought baby cubes but not sure what is the correct way to use it. after steaming and blending the puree. the puree is still hot. do i put int he baby cubes and store it immediately or do i wait for it to cool down first before storing it in the freezer?

Back