(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

suika,

but u also nd 2 wks to 2 mths for ur boy to settle down. My boy only settle down after 1 mth. At 1st, he dun eat, dun drink and dun sleep, very troublesome. Almost wan to give up.

winnie,

no la. i mean ur stomach very gd, still function as normal. Mine a little bit of food can result loose stool le.

saffy,

got drink water better than nothing. My hubby dun care it's boy or girl. But i wan a girl, cos i find daddy's girl very sweet.

peeyore,

i also dunno if it's bcos the start of sch. He is ok before he go to sch. Aft he started sch, he become more clingy to me. Maybe he scare i leave him again somewhere, like i left him at sch. That's wat the teachers told me.

merry xmas to all! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope everyone have a nice & long weekend!!

fumiko, do u mind to change my edd to 030810 (tbc) & hospital to Mt. A. thanks for the trouble!

i'll be seeing my gynae on 5 jan. by then, i shd be ard 10wks. most likely will draw blood for the blood test for down's and then perhaps go for the oscar test in another wk or two. having mixed feelings abt the test...

have u ladies decide to go for normal, assisted delivery or c-section?? hb prefer me to do it normal with epidural but think i may want to convince hb i wanna do c-section with epidural instead cos dun wanna handle labor pains.

for me , will be epi c section as my #1 also , haha ... but last time i younger , now older , abit scare in slow recovery ... hai ....

So sian , dont know what to have for lunch ... eat a polar chicken puff ... eat or no eat also want vomit , but vomit nothing .. hai

purelyz,

hee, your boy might thought u don't want him... my gal started cc few months liao... she quite fast adapted to it... I keep telling her I'll see her at night, I need to go to work... then she'll ask me why i need to work, then i tell her earn $$ to buy things for her... keep repeating all these... once she get used to it and she get to have new things, sweets, etc... she's ok.

Now I just waved her goodbye and say see her tonight, she'll do the same thing back...

Angel,

Assisted delivery or not, depends on the actual situation so no point choosing... my 1st was normal w/o epidural, quite fast... but when i was waiting for delivery, i already told the mid-wife absolute no no epidural for me. the mid-wife very funny, still say she'll put the form on the table, let me consider... but my mindset is still a no...

Angel,

we have quite a few MTB giving birth at Mt A. I think we got to "fight" for rooms! Haha... I'll go for normal without epi, like my 1st one. I wan to feel labour pain, cos i think it's the full package. A bit self-torture but i enjoy the process.

white lady,

I've been thinking to eat Mac Avator set since last night. But so angry, the promo ended and i only get to eat double cheese burger. Now craving for that burger... Sighz...

peeyore,

i also say and say the same thing every morning. I tink now he is better, at least say bye without crying. 1st few wks, he cry till i almost wanted to cry too. Haha!

U got the same situation as me during our 1st birth process! I also told the midwife i dun wan epi from the start. She come and say must keep open mind and leave the form on the table. Then i ask my hubby to keep the form away from my sight. She come in a few times ask me if i need a not. I jus say no, i don't, i can tahan. My 1st birth is break waterbag, induce at 4cm dilute, give birth after 5hrs. So quite fast.

i have not tell anyone abt this pregnancy except my hubby n my boss , haha ... even my mum dont know abt it ... hahah ... i shall see how long can i tahan to seal my lip ... but my hubby say , ur lip can seal, but i dont think ur stomach can hide ! hahahah ....

ducklingeshop,

do u still hv brown discharge? I hv brown discharge this am...got a shock! Is this normal? I'm so worried....=(

Mpoon, it's not normal to have brown discharge. Please see a doc asap to get additional pregnancy support (eg jab, oral medication, bedrest etc).

Merry Christmas to all MTB! Have a wonderful weekend!

P.S. Too bad my hubby got to work OT till next morning. I'll sit by my X'mas tree with my son tonight.

ling,

i've seen doc this am....doc said everything looks ok...there's heartbeat etc....was given duphaston but I still feel worried. I've miscarriage once so hope this will be a smooth one......

mpoon, dun worry too much. Take your medicine and your jabs regularly, bedrest as much as possible, and think positively. Everything will be fine.

ling,

wat jabs r u talking abt? doc din give mi any jab....& he said bedrest is not necessary just don do strenuous things....but i will try not to walk too much....rest as much as I can.....

mpoon ,

when i pregnant with my #1 , i also got brown discharge . and before my #1 , i also MC once . Most impt is bed rest . that time doc also give me medicine , then i bed rest for 1 to 2 days then no discharge liao . only except going toilet i come down from bed , other than that , everything on bed , i eat on bed too . For bath , sit n bath .... =)

mpoon, oh i was referring to progesterone jabs (painful). When I had brown discharge in Week 6, doc prescribed twice a week jab, duphaston and bedrest for me. These helped, I am now already in my 16th week. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

white_lady,

I have same case as you. Got MC in July, now preggy but having brown discharge. Almost a week plus already, very worried.

Seen gyne, but he only give me some pills, and ask me not to do strenuous activites.

Plus I am going for overseas holiday next week. Very worried now, dun know if I should cancel my trip....

Hope> great relief to hear someone who has similar situation as me. yes my doc's package can start anytime.

i'm hoping to get a boy for my first.

purelyz> the. great to hear it is normal.

it seems that whenever i drink water i will start feeling nausea. most food i eat also same thing haiz. only thing that helps bait is cracker biscuits

white_lady,

den do u still hv discharge after that complete 2 days bed rest?

ling, my gynae din mention anything abt the jab.....hopefully by taking duphaston, the brown discharge will go off.....*praying hard*

Hi ladies,

Just want to let you know my auntie Irene is an experienced confinement lady. She is very caring and can cook very well. If anyone of you need a great helper, pls contact her at 8150 4133 or +6019 7070 897. Thank you.

Merry Christmas to all of you...

It sound like quite a few of us has teh same experience. My first one is blighted ovum- MC at 8wks.. 2nd one i also has brown discharge, doc gave me hormone jab and duphaston to stabilise.. and luckily everythign went smoothly.

Now got the phobia, won't feel settle until i saw the HB..so have to wait for another two weeks.

The worst part is i have a vagina infection few weeks back, and doc gave me antifungal pill and told not to eat if pregnant. I did a pregnancy test at that time, and it showed negative, so i took one pill. Somehow i just felt uneasy and stopped taking it, two weeks later i tested again since my period was late. and it showed POSITIVE!!! went to see my gynae immediately.. he said one pill should be ok.. hopefully it is really ok...

mpoon, don't worry too much, as many other mummies have said, a lot of us continue with healthy pregnancy with early stage of brown discharge. take the hormone pill and lots of rest..

Dreamz.. at least you suffer from MS.. that's the positive sign =P.. i rather feeling nausea than none

mpoon ,

No , after 2 days ok liao =)

Hi all , think i think too much ... normally i will hungry at 7am ... today till 9.30 still no feeling , and not bloated ... is the baby ok ? so worried ... hai

Merry Christmas to all!

I'd tested positive 2 days ago and visiting my gynae on 31 Dec. Hope I will receive good news for the new year and join the Aug 2010 MTBs. =)

No MS for me yet *touch wood*. Just have sore breasts for the past weeks and tummy cramps.

Anyway, enjoy the holiday ya!

Hi all, merry Xmas!!

Nick: Macaroons

LMP: 14-Nov-2009

Baby: #1

Gynae: Dr Adrian Woodworth

Just visited Dr Adrian on 21st Dec, was told Im abt 5 weeks pregnant. Next appt will be on 11th Jan. Im guessing my EDD should be in Aug 2010.

He can only see waterbag from my ultrasound scan. I've not experience any morning sickness yet, but have been experiencing some minor cramps and poking/tugging sensations around lower abdomen. Any mummies to be feeling that too?

Merry Xmas everyone!

Welcome starz to join us!

mpoon, my brownish discharge had stop this few days after i take the Utrogesan (an tai yao) from my gynae. need to finish full pkt of the medi for 15 days. i was advice not to do hectic activity & rest more.

Same as white_lady & karenthk, i also had a MC before my #1...my previous pregnancy also with the brownish discharge problem at 1st trimester & was taking the medicine too... luckily everything was ok afer that.

karenthk, I can understand ur worry as it was the exactly same exp as mine. I also cancel my vacation trip to cambodia when pregnant to my #1 (ticket was bought half yr earlier :p) i did consulted Dr Ang if it is safe to travel & he said yes, just that dun over tired can liao. But at the end I still cancelled my trip as I dun feel comfortable to go with that kind of feeling... hehe... Anyway... I continue travel for the biz trip during my 2nd trimester [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

fumiko, u also change to Dr Ang huh? Good good... may b 1 day we can meet at his clinic [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ducklingeshop

Merry Christmas !

Thanks, I will be going to see the gyne next week before my trip. See how it goes before I decide if to cancel my trip.

BTW, when u have brownish discharge, were u given jabs ? or only pills ? How long did the brownish discharge last ?

Saw that many mummies brownish discharge stopped a few days after taking pills. But mine more than 1 week already, and have bad experience before, dun know if should ask doc for a jab as well

hi karenthk

My gynea only give me pills & my brownish discharge stop after i taking the medi this time.

However, for my previous pregnancy, i also continue having the brownish discharge after take pill for few days, i went to see gynae again and was given the jab for 'an tai'. I suggest u go n see ur gynea again and seek for the advice. Dun worry too much, everything will be alright.

Hi all mummies with brown discharge , try not to move too much lor , for me , i no jab , only eat medicine and rest ... try not to think too much , i know its hard ... like me , now #2 , i see yelloe discharge also worried ... i try to play online game and watch tv to not let myself think too much ... maybe u all can try =)

purelyz,

i heard ppl say, boy more difficult to adapt, maybe that's the reason...

hee, my labour also fast, only 1 and half hour... before delivery i keep praying hopefully my mum and sis experience will pass on to me and true enough...

I got brown discharge for my 1st preganancy also, went to kkh at that time, doc prescribed some medicine, mc and ask me to rest... seems like brown discharge is ok, just need plenty of rest...

till now i haven't seen or book appt with gynae yet... but edd is most likely to be ndp.

this year is quite a boring x'mas, sooooo tired, don't feel like gg out, but no choice need to go out find food, later meet up sister for mahjong... very boring, like no mood to play also...

Hi mummies, anyone keen to get navy blue MIM sarong sling in satin material, I got one BN one letting go, still in the plastic bag n come with instruction manual n DVD, brought at $55, willing to let go @$40, PM me if keen ya ;)

p_eeyore,

Me too , sian christmas ! too tired to go anywhere , only feel like staying at home , on the bed ... haha

Thanks Fumiko and duckling!

this is my first pregnancy... so a bit scared and not sure about a lot of things... wanna tell mum and mil but pregnancy not cfm so only got hubby to support... really quite afraid that this could be false pregnancy...

I also very tired... Keep taking naps here and there... somemore these few nights, i haven't been sleeping well... keep waking up like 5-6am++... =(

Happy Boxing day! Welcome all MTB! The list is getting longer! 6 MTB with Dr. Adrian Woodworth! Wow!

It've been a tiring X'mas. Same as all, no mood to celebrate. I still drink 1 to 2 slips of sparkling wine. As it is a myth (proved from my elder sis)that if u drink sparkling wine or champagne during the early part of preg, the bb will have dimples. I love my bb to have dimples as jus try lo. The alcohol level is abt 6%, jus 2 slips, shd be ok. Haha! It's a holiday season too!

Peeyore,

maybe boy is like that lo. Ur delivery process super short le. Gd for u! My edd might be ndp too but i tink my bb might wan to come out early this time too. So maybe no bonus le. Haha! i tink u shd bk appt le, or else later gynae all packed le. Gd luck to ur manjong later!

me getting worst , last night 3am stomach pain till awake and had diarrhoea ! dont know why . then this morning wake up also diarrhoea . Then whole day , full or empty stomach also feel like vomitting ... and suddenly crave for sour fruits ... any fruits are ok right ... later am going super market to buy ... crave for water melon , graph and strawberry ...

Hi all, happy boxing day.

I started to have a bit of brown discharge the last 2 days but there's no more discharge today.

Do I need to rush to see a gynae? I actually had a nightmare last night about baby having no heartbeat. Really freaks me out.

Btw, my LMP is 1 Nov and til now I have not gone to see a gynae. Is this a bit late?

Hi Mummies,

Sorry to interrupt. I'm from the Oct 2009 mummy. I'm having a garage sale tomorrow from 12pm - 9pm. Selling off my maternity clothes (tops, jeans, workpants, shorts) $5-$15. There are also other adult and kids clothes, Guess, Cotton On, etc

It will be at my place.

Blk 298 Tampines st 22 #10-554

mobile: 91845708.

See ya!

Hi

Please add

Nick: cleodux

LMP: 23-Oct-2009

EDD: 09-Aug-2010 (yes my last cycle is 38 days i have the chart)

Baby: #1

Gynae: Dr Tanny Chan

Hospital: Gleneagles

Abit about me, is i got missed misscarriage back at May, and finally able to conceive now. I thought i am going ttc on our holiday, we went to china with tour package, and i was late on my period but i stubbornly want to go, and end up getting a fresh spotting while i was in china, subsequently it turn to brown spotting on and off.

Scared we went to see Dr Tanny, my husband choosed her from the internet lol. My current gyanae went to holiday >.<

Well anyway she gave me a jab and duphaston, and on the first day no more spotting till now. We get to see the heart beat on first visit, it is so crazy since i am paranoid and still on denial (first pregnancy no hb) until the dr let us heard the sound of hb. Happy we went home and i was still paranoid 1 week later today is the 2nd visit, according to the scans the baby grows normally and the calculation is consistent.

We are happy but i am still paranoid, i really envy those mtb who never experienced mc before never got chased by paranoia like me >.< i am sure i am not alone in this.

For those who worried about the morning sickness why some ppl have why some ppl don't have. The MS usually only kick in around 7th weeks of gestation (not from your last lmp but from conception date) well at least for my case, i never vomitted so far, only a bit nauseous especially the smell of your toothpaste... yuck.

Brown spotting is actually normal, usually because the lack of hormones, that is why dr usually will prescribes duphaston or jab. But jab once a week is overkill i think, unless it is a high risk pregnancy.

Purelyz,

hee, i drank 2 glasses of champagne, too tempting not to drink...

I'll booked my gynae appt next month lar... now too tired to go out... but quite sure will be able to see my gynae, although he's quite busy, but usu sat appt need to wait 1 hr nia...

Welcome cleodux and congrats, on your pregnancy again, although bad experience last may...

Take good care of yourself and don't worry so much, and rest more...

so far I don't really have ms, just occasionally lack of appetite on dinner, alot of gas in stomach... no vomitting so far... quite rest and relax, just tired... scared gain too much weight...

hi hi dears!!

Merry Christmas!!

New to this thread ,pls add:

Nick: Nekowong

LMP: 18-Nov-2009

Baby: #2

EDD:25 AUG 2010

Gynae: Dr PS LUI

Hospital:tmc or mt a.

Here's a little abt myself..

Kiddo# 2 for me...for the first,i did not even realised that i was a preggie until i was into the 3rd mth...i was still travelling , exercising and sipping red wine then...

So this time round,i've no idea how i shd react since its like i;m only into the 5th week..quite a contrast huh?seems like a long wait....

My gynae is an old man..(literally)..abt 60plus i guess..but a real experience guy..his clinic is at MT A And orchard pt..And i;ve my "an tai " injections today...very sore on the butt now ;p

I love gathering and online shopping..so do inclde me if there are any meetups or lobang haha.;p

Hi fumiko, pls remove me fr the list. Gynae cfm no heartbeat n baby growth ytd... Gg for d & c in the next few days. A pity baby is not fated to b mine. Only consolation it is not formed n no live given to baby yet. Thks vm for ur kind assistance n efforts in updating the details of Mtb !! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] appreciate it!! ;)

To all mtb, all the best in ur pregnancy!!! Hope u all are very blessed with an adorable n healthy baby in 2010!!! Gambate!! N god bless !!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

miffy,

very sorry to hear that! how many wks are u?? i read that sometimes hb can be heard as late as 9wks. perhaps u like to seek a 2nd opinion? becos i read fr postings here that some mtb are told a different opinion by a 2nd gynae (which give them hopes & eventually, some miracles do happen) even though they are told by the 1st gynae to go for a d&c. some mtb also requested for a final scan just before the actual d&c to cfm that bb really no hb and i have come across postings that says hb are seen just then. dont give up!

Hi all,

I just went for my 2nd check up but thing are doing well...

Ultrasound shown a baby at 6 weeks 6 days but doc can't detect a heartbeat.... How?

I am really afraid...

Did a blood test too...

Going back on Monday for another blood test to check on my hcg level... Hope everything is going to be ok tml...

just had hor fan for dinner ... but suddenly crave for tom yam soup , no choice , cook tom yam instand noodle .... know its bad but cant help lah ... HB keep telling me not to eat too much instand noodle , its bad

hi angel!thks vm for ur comforting words...appreciate it.

i tink i am abt 7 wks... not v sure...cos gynae says tat my baby shud be bigger...given my

last menses starts on 29 Oct 09.

My baby didn't grow since my 1st visit 10 days before my the recent visit. still only ard 2mm.. and no heartbeat.

have u come across similar cases i.e. no growth and heartbeat? u have contacts on gynae who have given their differing views...

appreciate it if you could provide, if possible.

likely to schedule a d&c next few days... fearing tat a natural miscarriage may take place. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mitty

same here... It was also 10 days after first visit but my baby did grow. Now abt 3mm but no hb...

Doc ask to do a bloodtest to check on hcg level

he say if hcg tml is higher than sat then it's good

if not, I might miscarriage anytime...

Did ur doc did the bloodtest for u?

Back