(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

ceres: mine also..enzema, milk rash n sebum all gt xia..everytime clean n wipe also =.=!!

went to clinic n gotten H-cort for his milk rash n the enzema gotta apply moisturer everytime...flaky flaky de..see liao heart pain..

Hershey: when u apply? i applied on tues only the lady say only next mth will credit she also mention when they send out. i.e. tues 3 Aug i went if they send out today they will credit the first $1k to your account 1 mth later i.e. 3 Sept 2010.

Not sure true or not.

ceres,

my hubby apply i think last month le.. still pending.. LOL~~ guess should be like tat ba.. if not y they so long nv send us confirmation or wat.. dono what they doing..

Shann: my baby can drink up to 150ml.. then today i went to the pd.. n she said not to feed baby so much.. if after drinking the expressed milk (100ml).. still crying n wailing.. give baby pacifier instead.. cos baby might want something to suckle on..so today i bought e pacifier.. see if it works not..

Hershey: I think the gal mention 1 mth only leh. Then she say will send me a card to use for payment where only certain place accept.

Lasery: Eh me no bring him see PD. Recently due to jaundice i ask the PD she say leave it slowly go off but now forehead also got lor. Next check on tues 10 Aug, check with her again on the pimples..

Immas: I introduced pacifier to my BB 2nd day lor. Sigh! i read from baby centre it can cause nipple confusion to BB. but if BB already trained well no issue.

sun_tan & ceres==

hubby got help drink a bit with coffee but he say the taste diff.. lol... then the milk a bit sticky like tat.. keke... soak legs ah? good for skin ah?

blissTan -- im on total latching.. spraying of milk is like an everyday thing to me liao.. my daughter now dun cry if spray on her face.. but she will make noises to let me know its too fast then i will unlatch and hand express on my breast pad and latch her back.. i do it a few time until shes able to catch up..

but recently its both sides let down super fast at the same time.. last time only one side at a feed.. and 200ml is not complete yet.. i stopped when i see the letdown is slow...

mommies, if u all intend to bf for long, take this chance to latch more.. so that ur milk supply will increase and next, u jus have to maintain it.. then u wont have to stop bfing when u go back to work lor..

Dear July mums,

I'm an Oct. mtb.

Anyone can recommend good part-time confinement nanny? Preferably one that is reliable and can cook good confinement food? What would her rate be?

Anyone have checklist for packing of stuff for bringing to hospital (TMC) for delivery? Anything to take note of during, before or after delivery? was thinking of doing natural delivery. =)

Can PM me? =)

Thank you!!

ceres, 70ml is fine! we just up her intake yesterday night to 80ml. Then SIL ask me to give her 90ml, so i slowly add.. 80ml, 85ml, then 90 ml.

Immas: How old is your baby? wah super huge appetite!

bliss and peace,

we all are having the same problem, my #1 boy is 15 mths old and he used to be a good boy. But, since the birth of his lil bro, he started to be very cranky and attention seeking, morning is better, but starting late afternoon, he will be keep crying and asking me to carry him and not letting me to sit down even. he used to sit on the high chair and watching barneys, but now, he will always ask me to let him sit on my lap during my dinner time. Night time sleeping oso wakes up many many times, but recently is much better, I guess only time will heal them, they are still very surprised with the new addition to the family and we are TBF our #2, guess it makes them feel insecured. What I do nowadays is starting to resume our activity such as bringing him down to playground once a day...noticed after that he is better at night..maybe u can try that, thank God my mom is the modern type so even confinement period, I am not confined at home [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jaclyn: u too mdm ida for massage...hvn finish?

immas: bb now drinking at 150ml it's abit too much...even BM oso like over feeding like that wor....but pacifier no good oso wor...my boi now 19mos still eating it walking ard so unsightly lor...in the middle of the nite now he'll scream for it if it drops making us wake up n get another 1 for him

Shann: Wow ur baby drinks so much!

My baby 1 mth already still taking 80-90ml...

Today had my baby shower.. moved back to in-law's place already, coz previously stayed at my mum's place as she did confinement for me. Sian lor, tot i can have freedom now but MIL insists i still have to take confinement food and no cold drinks etc till 40th day! So i am still eating ginger, rice wine and red dates drink.. Sigh!

any mummies have any idea if during confinement period, can we apply Prickly Heat powder?

I've been doing that after every shower. In fact, I break all rules when it comes to shower during confinement period I think.

I shower twice a day (with herbs) & wash hair once every day + wipe myself ("ma shen") a few times a day with the herb, hehee.

any mummies have any idea if during confinement period, can we apply Prickly Heat powder?

I've been doing that after every shower. In fact, I break all rules when it comes to shower during confinement period I think.

I shower twice a day (with herbs) & wash hair once every day + wipe myself ("ma shen") a few times a day with the herb, hehee.

mrslong,

nowaday all the mummies do break some rule during confinement..

during confinement period, i usually bath alternative days with the herbal thingy.. and also wipe my body too.. bt i nv wash my hair..

and also keep urself warm after finish bathing..

the oldies say keep urself warm, & sweat alot is good mahz..

Sweetkiss,

ya, my mummy told me tat too.. my 40days is going to finish le.. but rem, if u feel tat u gonna have sore thoat, u better reduce or stop intake all the confinement foods le..

mrslong -- can.. i also powder bath during confinement with that...

pacifier...

How do u teach ur kiddos how to eat? hahaha.. im having this prob.. ytd, i let celeste try.. she suck suck, spit out.. then i kept puttng it in her mouth until she spit milk from mouth and nose.. im such a bad mom.. but i try twice, she also cannot accept pacifier..

how u ladies manage to do that?

Junie: My mom asked me to apply prickly powder so i think is ok. Shower with herbs is ok, lucky the herb stall uncle know my mother told her can bath using the herb! If not i stinko till today.. now 9th day only la.

By the way all CL work for 28days right? CL reach that day considered day 1 am i right?

serene: for mi, when he hungry tt time i chuck it into his mouth loh..slowly bah..at first mine also spit out the pacifer coz he duno wat is tt and suck liao no milk somemore..haha..coz abt feeding time he will cry n will suck so i put the pacifer for him to calm dwn before feed..if nt he will suck very hard on the bottle teat or my nipple..

mrslong: i wash my hair for once a week only..lucky recently keep raining then i still feel ok..everyday i will bathe with ginger n lemongrass water..the herb is making mi having rashes..if i having massage, MIL don't allow mi bathe..so i will use pricky heat n powder bathe myself..coz the massage oil won't have effect if i bathe n wash it awy..according to MIL lah.but nvm for my own good..

hershey: woa..must keep warm orh...i everyday wear tee n mini shorts walk around the hse..=X..opps

Hershey: i tio sore throat after 3rd day but my mom say not confinement food is i sick. -.-"

Now still abit itchy but getting better, must be due to drinking the date water..

junie,

Actually do u on air con? As for me i whole day hide inside my room cos i on air con so i dun really sweat much, thus i am ok with not bathing everyday. For my 1st 10 days, CL say only can "ma sheng" using the herb water, but after that i can bathe using the herb water alr. Also after 10 days, i can wash hair every few days.

suntan: whose ur CL? i want to engage her for my next child! Wah lao i dunno mine is lazy or wat insist cannot bathe than my mom say herb stall say can than buy it she than brew but on off say dun bathe too much not gd etc etc i say wan wash hair = need alot water she say must fast lah.. u wash will touch shoulder ma etc etc.

Aiyoyo.. really wan my hair grow cockroach meh!

Hi all

I feel hot and the heat is getting to me. Just wonder whether the dang shen added to red dates water is making me hot, is it safe for bf? Or can we just use longan and red dates for drinking? Mum has been asking me to drink milo and eat soda biscuits, though I snack on some lemon biscuits (cos there is nothing much to eat)

Didn't eat ginger though mum is cooking most dishes with ginger. Couldn't bath and could only sponge myself using warm water (must we use herbal stuff? i'm only 9 days in my confinement). Hair smells like dunno what....Mum said can only wash after 12 days. But just wonder whether we can wash daily after 12 days or alternate?

serene,

my boy only suck once.. & tat's it..

he doesnt like the pacifier.. he will bite and to stop the pacifier to go further in.. if not, he will use his tongue to push it out.. i try intro to him so many weeks le.. he dont like.. LOL~~ then he will give me 1 kind of look.. which look like this.. LOL~~

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4335760.jpg]

ceres,

Haa, but CL quite nice. I still can bargain with her one. cos that time i need to bring bb for the PD checkup so i told her my hair damn oily, cannot go out like that, then she let me wash hair..hahah. Her name is Yu Jiao. She is from Malaysia. She is quite modern..not those aunty aunty type.

Suntan: Oh oh! contact number? i record first! Hai yo~ u all so gd wat after how many days can wash hair! Mine cannot lor.. but need ur herbal water than no shampoo how ar? wash water only will still be oily and will tangle leh.

Super sad sia!

Serene: mine also dont like pacifier. But the problem is bb want to suck something. End up gotta give in to nipple. I wonder hw to stop that.

By the way my bb is 41days now. Those bb ard the same as mine, hw long ur bb slp in the day?? WHen they are awake, hw long are they awake?

ceres,

haiya.. my mil also say tat to me.. sianz.. but during my confinement nite, i will drink a bit of water to clear my thoat.. LOL~~ i think is the red dates longan tea make is like tat de lahz..

sun_tan,

u're lucky tat u can on air-con..

for me during my confinement, i only on once.. than i kena scold.. NOw even after confinement, i also cannot on air-con.. kena scold.. but i use the reason.. "since confinement is over.. mean i can on air-con mahz.. bb let him wear winter wear lorz.."

LOL~~

but my confinement, i really sweat alot.. is load load load sweat.. omg.. i think can make a mini swimming pool lorz..

Hershey: Eh i better than u abit! My mom allow me on aircon but on off need to air room. Actually.. when airing i sweat like dunno wat lor. Air con on i still sweat but abit. Only recently sweat lesser, the first 6 days is hell even with air con is useless.

I dun dare drink much water cuz i cannot finish the longnan tea will tio scolding lor. & they say drink water tummy will big! i scared.

sweetkiss: Bb chloe used to be very small drinker lei.. but we realize she keeps waking up for milk within short hours n keep looking for nipples..so we up the amount for her and she can finish it..

ceres,

i am different from u..

1 litre of longann tea, i can finish by afternn.. than my mil have to boiled again.. LOL..

i dono y.. i am very very thirsty... hehehe..

even abit sore thoat, i also drink the tea like no tml.. LOL~~ maybe becoz usually, i drink plenty of water. tat's y during confinement i am damn damn thirsty.. whatever got water wan, like soup ar, tea ar.. i all clear.. but not food.. LOL~~

Jo_lyn, my bb born on 26 June. She sleeps very little during the day. Wakes up at about 7:30am and then will sleep 20-30mins a few times through out the day till about 8pm. The rest of the time she'll be crying and we have to carry her. It's so tiring. Dunno why she has such a hard time sleeping during the day.

Everyday my CL will boil one BIG pot of red dates longan dang shen drink for me, can last for 24 hours, so that midnight when i am up to pump can have the drink too.. that pot dunno how many litres already! haha! other than that, i boil 1 litre of fenugreek seeds drink, and soup for lunch and dinner, and recently add one more dang gui soup at ard 3pm or night time. LOTS of drink!

She also boils herbal water for me to shower everyday, but usually i shower with normal hot tap water first with shampoo and shower gel.. then last round with herbal water. Not supposed to be like this right? must be pure herbal water?

I on aircon ALL the time LOL! cannot live without air con now..

Jo_lyn,

my boy born on 1st july, most of the day he will be slping.. but i will wake him up during afternn or evening for abt 3 to 4hrs.. to let him play around.. let my parents & brothers to carry, to tok to, to play with..

than my boy will be back to his lalaland arnd 8 or 9.. and then i wait for his last feeding arnd 12.. he will slp til next morning 7am++ for his 1st feeding..

but total hrs of slping i nv really counted.. LOL~~

Ceres,

Wah alr thinking of having #2 alr? Hehe. When I wash hair, I use shampoo. But I use the herb water to rinse.

Hershey,

Cos they say cannot on fan mah, so I on air con loh n reason tat it's not "moving" air aka wind so it's ok... Lol..also my air con also not directly blowing at me so it's ok. Actually sweat also good, can loose weight! I just weigh myself yesterday. Got another 6kg to go! Argh..

Shann,

My boy one day older than urs, now drinking 70ml. If give him extra, he can't finish leh.

immas: i don't think so.. i have been pumping my milk out without much latching, and my milk supply is increasing. It used to be just 50ml during day time, and now is ard 100-140ml for each pump/ every 3 hours. Gynae told me to wake up in the midnight to pump, i wake up at 330am, be more hardworking now to establish the milk supply. it helps! last time i was lazy and sleep throughout the night.. supply not good =(

Anyway my gynae also did EBM when she returned to work after her maternity, and she managed to provide BM for 10 months. My SIL also did total EBM for her child, and managed to give BM for 1 year 8 months!

u all siao ar! Drink like your fav drink! Haha..

Me is force myself cuz need more fluid for milk supply! but very hot ar~ i usually one big mouth glup like 4-6 mouth to finish a small cup. Lol.

Hershey, how I envy you. My bb really can't sleep during the day, and she gets very cranky cos sleepy. And when she's awake, don't want to play by herself. Feel like I spend whole day carrying her.

babycoco: i have the same prob. I dun mind bb not slping much during the day BUT he keep want ppl to carry. I am alone taking care so is super tiring! Try to make him slp but cant. But mine slightly better than urs. He slp longer like 1 to 2 hrs.

Hershey: Ur baby so gd! Can slp from 12 to 7!! U train him or he auto lidat? hahaha... Mine still wake up for feed in the middle of the night [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so tiring..

mummies don nid to envy..

I guess most prob is i let him play too much in the day.. And sometimes, he cranky or cry abit, i also ignore him.. So maybe in the nite, he can slp thru.. LOL~~

But i think he got his father genes, slp soundly than cannot wake up until next morning or slp until bao bao than wake up.. LOL~~

Back