(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

autumn, your nuchal test sounds very good. my gynae said that babies with down syndrome usually don't have nose bridge. but like what alicia said, maybe you should redo the blood test before you decide on the cvs or amnio.

ann, me too. i always feel worse at night. which is bad because then i don't want to have dinner. plus can't do anything after work. have been wanting to check out the cny goodies at chinatown. but usually after work, can't think of anything but my bed.

babycoco: I dun feel like having dinner also must eat abit or else i feel like my baby will go hungry like that. Haha!! Oh.. i am also thinking of going chinatown.. to buy some deco and some nice angbao for CNY. This saturday will be the light up for chinatown.. so i think from saturday on wards, sure alot of pple.. maybe one of the weekday next week, i will go shop shop.. hopefully less crowd during weekday evening time.

ya, i also try to eat but when i feel like throwing up, very hard to swallow leh.

i'm also worried about the crowd. that's why have been wanting to go to chinatown this week. taka got 10% today, went during lunch, still a bit quiet. so nice to shop when it's like that.

autrumn: good luck. like ann said, oscar is just a risk profiling test.

i've a friend who's also pregnant. her oscar test result was 1:45 so she re-tested and it was ok.

Hi sunflower,

Welcome! You wan to provide more infor such as edd, which gynae and hospital before i update you into the list? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

autrumn: Good Luck.. don't worry too much cause it will affect the baby.

babycoco: Ya lo.. it's nice to shop ard when it's not crowded especially for us pregnant ladies now. Hate to squeeze and fight our way thru or wait long time for the changing room. Haha!!

Hey ladies.

Can i check.. are we able to eat ice cream?? Got a $10 cash voucher from company for Haagen Dazs ice cream. It's been a long long time since i had anything sweet cause i am scared of the sugar level but i think once in a while indulgence should be fine right? But i not sure can eat ice cream or not.

ann : Can eat ... but not too much or less then moderate as ice cream tends to be too sweet n not gd for bb if sugar lvl in our blood/body is too high.

This is what i m being told by my gynea

haha! i've been eating ice-cream since a few weeks back..coz i had no appetite & had not been drinking enough water...so my gynae said juz take anything with fluids (soft drinks, fruit juice, ice cream, ice cubes etc)...She mentioned if you are already not eating enough, don't need to worry about stuff like diabetes..

hope this helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yo ladies...

I'm back from BKK.

Wah i bought some maternity wear from the Platinum Mall for abuot SGd 80 for 8 pieces of clothing. Nothing fanciful, just a few tops and pants... hope its a steal.

I oso bought the Clarins toning oil from BKK airport for about 80 SGD, not sure if its cheaper cuz I nvr compare when in Spore :p

how's everybody feeling now?

hi ecym

welcome bac!

i wish i got energy to go platinum mall to shop too! i heard the maternity stuff in BKK are so much cheaper!

on a related note, i went OG Albert last week & "Thyme Maternity" was having a mega sale (tops were only 2 for $29, bottoms were 2 for $39!). Not sure if the sale is still on but much sizes left..If any mummies are interested, do check out!

ecym: Welcome back.. Bkk.. how i wish i can go. SGD80 for 8 pcs is very worth it le.. I bought 2 maternity dresses at VIVO.. cost me $300. But no choice.. cos I bigger size so need to get European size maternity dress. Envious of all of you small size mummies.

Springleaf: I went to see gynae yesterday. SHe can't really identify the root of the problem with my tummy, but mentioned I might be having just a bit of stomach flu, but I'm feeling much better now. Baby is well and kicking! Thanks for the advice. At least I feel relieved now.

Autrumn: Good luck for your re-test! Just to share, my amnio results is borderline low-risk (1:400). I would definitely not take the amnio or CVS cos no matter what, I will not abort my baby and I have been waiting 5 years for this precious one. So my gynae arrange for me several detailed follow-up tests. With each test, the ration might go down or up. I had an FT Doppler scan done. My results went down to 1: 17000++, so it's a huge relief. I still have two more tests, one is cardiac test coming up next week, just to make sure baby has no congenital problems and the other one, is a full detailed 'high risk' check later on in March. So this might be the other option if u dun wish to rush for amnio or CVS yet. But of course, only CVS or amnio will give you 100% accuracy. DUn stress yourself too much k.

ecym: I'm surprised the Clarins oil costs you $80. I bought it at the same price at Metro. Thought it should be cheaper at the airport.

fazzy, wow! none of the tests u mentioned sound familiar to me! But u are indeed a brave mummy, not choosing to abort your baby on matter what! good for u! thanks for your encouragement!

Jo_lyn, Jasline

I apply the stretch mark cream everyday, but sometimes forget.

Heard fm my friend that her sis-in-law was very skinny and after giving birth, her stretch marks went all the way to the back. I better dun be lazy and apply to the back, usually apply around the tummy area.

Feeling sleepy and just popped a cold tablet last nite as my running nose is preventing me fm sleeping well. Seems like a few people in my office down with runny nose....

Hi Autrumn

Have not taken H1N1 vaccine. But jus wonder whether can still take flu vaccine during preggie. Read abt neg effects like hallucinations etc in paper.

Do you girls feel funny at tummy area sometimes? Like bubble popping? Don't know whether it's baby's kick or stomach not well, sekali is going to lao sai soon hahahhaa!

hi ladies,

wanted to seek you guys for an opinion. I am thinking of gg on an holiday with my hubby during the second week of march. I am now in my 15th week. Wondering if it would be ok for me to travel to BBK.

any ladies went to BBK when 5-6mths preg, any probs with the food?

Shann : i got those feel... then often rushing to toilet in cash let out gas then all out ... =x but most of the time is nothing come out not even gas... -_-lll

Hi Autrumn,

AS told by my gynae, during preggie we r not allow to take e H1N1 vaccine.. & i also hear from news that is like alot of negative effects..

Becos of this H1N1 vaccine than i found out that i'm pregnant... Hahahaha..

COs i sign up with my company for this free jab, i saw from newspaper that pregnant woman should not took the jab. So 1 day before the jab, i use the kit to test n found out is positive so i skip the jab.. =)

Fazzy, glad to hear that all are well. Drink more Yakult so that the good bacteria can help get rid of the bad ones. You may also try to get your hands on some Lactobacillus products like Lacteol Forte.

Jasline, can drink Vitagen, Yakult, or any supplements containing the so-called "good" bacteria found in the intestines. In fact I've attended a lecture by a few doctors before and have learnt that taking these may help prevent allergies in the child in later life.

dear all moms,

i am new here, edd 30Jul. went for DS test ratio is 1:276, being refered to amniotesis.. i am very worry now, shall i do the test? anyone is having almost same ratio as me... is it bb_gen? sorry if i mentioned the wrong name. i need adv truly and urgently.. pls pls pls adv and help. millions thanks.

autrumn

i am considering H1N1 vaccine. my gynae said so long as after 1st trimester then not as risky. H1N1 is more fatal to pregnant ladies it seems bec of our body immune system overresponding to the virus than we would normally if we werent preggers

my husband & family have all gone for H1N1 jab alrdy so far no different from like taking the norm flu jab [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ecym

welcome back [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] gosh - BKK ... ahh, missed e food & body massages & not forgetting shopping ..

BKK!!!! i also wanna go!!!!!

my gfs gg for our annual BKK trip in apr.

but im not joinin... cuz cant go party. i dun dare to go massage too... sigh... givin it a miss. =/

Hai...me and hubby supposely to go BBK in jun. Have booked the air tixs previously during the air asia promotion..but now cant go le..not sure can cancel the tixs or not..if not $$ wasted like that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Btw, you mommies still havent get your CL yet?

Ethan_Mum,

My Oscar test ratio is 1:290. I am gng for 2nd opinion from this indian Prof at Camden medical. Heard that he is gd at it. Will be going for my appointment this coming sat. I am not opting for Anmio test cos I fear.

Alicia,

Thanks for quick response, if don’t mind pls share with my your visit outcome on this coming sat. I might need to go also. I am hesitate to take the amniotesis too.

hael: ya, i agree... n i also dunno how to communicate to tell them i need pre-natal massage. better dun risk it.

suntan: but there are still lots of activities that you can do in BKK. especially u going w your husby. can relaxrelax... enjoy each other's company rather than chiong shopping.

im sure your husby dun mind spending time w you in the room.

cuz i'll feel paiseh to my gfs to get them to accompany me in the room, when they are there to shop. just enjoy yourself & take care, dun anyhow eat from dubious stalls/restaurants. =)

guess what... i had massage in BKK leh. Not the full blown Thai massage la...

I had the head and shoulder massage, and I oso had a mild body massage two days later. I told the staff I am preggy, they will tell you not too hard, no lying down, but HB dont want them to touch my foot as he knows there's a number of accu points in foot...

I felt ok after massage. Sat will be a follow up with my gynae. Hope all well...having said all, please don't quote me, I have always quite athletic and as i mentioned before - Know your limits...

D Queen, cos by then, i would be in my last trimster alr. Dont think allowed to fly bah. In addition, with the big bump, also dun think can enjoy walking ard..

Back